HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers win 2-1: Overcoming Adversity.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:01 PM
ponokanocker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
I actually remembered thinking that.

He did actually save the game, I totally forgot after the Yakupov goal.
After watching the replay again, what was Richards doing on that play anyway? Hall was quite a ways away from him, is a forward trying to play D, and there was no one else around. All Richards had to do was skate it into Edmonton's zone along the boards and try from a closer angle, meanwhile killing the clock. Richards, to me, really screwed the Kings over with that play, and then his half ass attempt to get back into the players box that resulted in a too many men on the ice penalty.

ponokanocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:05 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

From Ontario:

Congrats to the fans who were at the game and helped to make it just as memorable to the players, as the players made it for you. If this amazing young core and can make the playoffs, and players around the league get to see how exciting the team and the fans are as this thing starts to take off... I think Edmonton is about to see it's best free agency in summers in terms of not only how many players are interested, but those willing to take short-term discounts.

notloilersfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:06 PM
Senor Catface

vCash: 1937
Was this posted?

Senor Catface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:19 PM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

Quote:
Originally Posted by notloilersfan View Post
From Ontario:

Congrats to the fans who were at the game and helped to make it just as memorable to the players, as the players made it for you. If this amazing young core and can make the playoffs, and players around the league get to see how exciting the team and the fans are as this thing starts to take off... I think Edmonton is about to see it's best free agency in summers in terms of not only how many players are interested, but those willing to take short-term discounts.
Where is this from?

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:19 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by President Van Buren View Post
Was this posted?

Yea I posted this last night

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:23 PM
Puritania
Frig off, Rick.

vCash: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabomb View Post
Heard Dan Tencer say on the radio last night that Justin Schultz was still sitting in his stall long after the game.. still laughing and couldn't believe how loud the fans were. Welcome to Oil Country Justin.. Ebs/Hall/Nuge weren't lying when they told you Rexall is crazy
That's awesome. I'm glad the players are seeing how great our crowds can be. Playoffs with this team would be incredible.

Puritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:28 PM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by President Van Buren View Post
Was this posted?

Yes, but we can't see it enough. Feel free to post it again.

MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Puritania
Frig off, Rick.

Hockeycentral crew all think the Gagner goal should have been disallowed. Unreal. Everyone on TSN thought it should have counted. Now they are ragging on the Yakupov celebration. Doug MacLean thinks Smyth and Horcoff were pissed about the Yakupov celebration for some reason, what a clown. Good reminder why I don't watch Sportsnet outside of Oiler games. Bunch of hacks.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Perro

Kings fan here. Just wanted to say that Yaks celebration was awesome. There are people out there saying it was over the top for the third game of the regular season but honestly the NHL needs more emotion like that. Great for the kid to express it.
Only thing that sucks is that it means I will see the kings get scored on, on the TSN top 10 for years to come.
Congrats on the win.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:34 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
Hockeycentral crew all think the Gagner goal should have been disallowed. Unreal. Everyone on TSN thought it should have counted. Now they are ragging on the Yakupov celebration. Good reminder why I don't watch Sportsnet outside of Oiler games. Bunch of hacks.
TSN >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...x infinty Sportsnet.

Canuck fan's perspective (unasked for, but hey). I thought it was a big play that deserved a big celebration. Can't blame the kid for beinge excited - it was as much an exclamation point of sticking it to the officials as it was tying the defending champs.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:38 PM
Rafters

Quote:
Hockeycentral crew all think the Gagner goal should have been disallowed. Unreal. Everyone on TSN thought it should have counted. Now they are ragging on the Yakupov celebration. Doug MacLean thinks Smyth and Horcoff were pissed about the Yakupov celebration for some reason, what a clown. Good reminder why I don't watch Sportsnet outside of Oiler games. Bunch of hacks.
And they talked about how Ovi was the same when he came in the league and then toned it down.......since Ovi has toned it down his production has followed suit....when someone plays with that level of passion and emotion, once that is removed from the player, it affects said players game negatively

Rafters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:38 PM
deep44

Quote:
The Overtime goal??? or do you mean the RNH goal

deep44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:40 PM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe and MacT

vCash: 50
Quote:
They're probably just trying to stir the pot for attention.

After two Oilers games in a row on TSN, Sportsnet doesn't want us to forget that they exist

OilerTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:47 PM
Senor Catface

vCash: 1937
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
They're probably just trying to stir the pot for attention.

After two Oilers games in a row on TSN, Sportsnet doesn't want us to forget that they exist
I'm not even saying this in a negative way towards media, but that is most likely what one producer would have said after such an unanimous opinion by the TSN staff. A differing opinion will get you at least a few curious people to watch to see why, or as is so common with people and media they dislike, a few people will watch just because they disagree strongly. Like I said, it's likely a producer would have suggested to stir the pot.

Senor Catface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:48 PM
PikNailAndWeWontFail

Great game! U can tell that guys are playing for each other! Great to see!
My user name says it all- Pik Nail And We Won't Fail. The kid is a game breaker, such an exciting player!
Btw were those NHL replacement refs out there last night? Terrible calls

PikNailAndWeWontFail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:57 PM
T-Funk

lol at Kowal's wiki:
Quote:
Tom Kowal (born November 2, 1967 in Vernon, British Columbia), is a National Hockey League referee since the 19992000 NHL season, who wears uniform number 32.[1] He is noted for his inconsistency in two games regarding the verification of scored goals. A game between the Buffalo Sabres and the Calgary Flames on January 21, 2006 saw Robyn Regehr score a power play goal in the second period by kicking the puck into the net which according to NHL Rule 49,[2] is illegal. Kowal declined to review the goal and deemed it legal which allowed the Flames to take a 2-1 lead and subsequently win the game 4-1. Another incident involved a game between the Tampa Bay Lightning and Washington Capitals on March 6, 2011. An apparent Vincent Lecavalier goal in the 3rd period was disallowed for the Lightning after Kowal ruled that Martin St. Louis interfered with Washington goalie Braden Holtby by diving into him. This negated a 2-0 lead for the Lightning. Replays clearly displayed that St. Louis was tripped into the net by a Washington defender, a situation that does not negate a scored goal according to NHL Rule 69.[3] The Capitals were able to score the tying goal and win the game in the shootout round.

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:01 PM
hossy316

Send a message via MSN to hossy316
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
lol at Kowal's wiki:
Should be updated to say 3 goals now.

hossy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:06 PM
Puritania
Frig off, Rick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdeol44 View Post
The Overtime goal??? or do you mean the RNH goal
Yeah, I meant the disallowed RnH goal with Gagner in the crease, my bad.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:08 PM
Moose Coleman

Oh man, CP is losing it over Yak's celebration.

Moose Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:11 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Coleman View Post
Oh man, CP is losing it over Yak's celebration.
I think they're mad because their team is so boring.

That and it looks like Baertschi is sitting out tomorrow night.

GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:12 PM
Matador

LOL at the players reaction to the Yakupov celly on the TSN website today. "Smyty and Horc will set him right"..............

Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:12 PM
hossy316

Send a message via MSN to hossy316
So I'm watching the replay of the game on NHL Network without all the extra emotion and have a few thoughts after the 1st..

The two calls in the opening 4 minutes to put the Oilers down 5-3 were absolute garbage. Quick was 3 feet out of his crease and Horcoff was skating to an area he is allowed to be, that's were you score goals. The Smid "cross-check" was a push and Brown fell pretty easy. What happened with these two before the cameras caught the penalty?? Smid wouldn't just do that in that situation.

Call on Smid was legit for playing the puck with his hand.

Dubnyk was sensational in the first, rebound control was fantastic. Help from his posts. Hockey gods helping for such poor calls.

The double minor on Smid for "instigating" was outrageous. Smid skated over to Nolan after the hit. Nolans gloves were off a good 2 seconds before Smid dropped his. Just a dumb call, then Kowall has the audacity to give him aother deuce for instigating with a visor.

All these penaltys are going to ruin the game if they want a period to have 13 minutes of PP time vs. 7 mins of even strength time. It's like watching basketball, one team in one end for an allotted time, then back the other way for the other teams chance. Give me 5 on 5 play end to end, that's what this games all about.

hossy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:15 PM
T-Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossy316 View Post
Should be updated to say 3 goals now.
fo real

At the beginning of the game I saw his dumb face and knew we were in for another treat.

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:23 PM
DisgruntledGoat

Got bored and just read through some of the other Canadian teams 'around the league' threads.

First of, I find it hilarious how some of these fans were ALL OVER Schultz this summer when they thought they could sign him (OTT, VAN) and now are grumbling about overrated/hype/etc/etc/etc. Too funny.

In terms of game reactions, though, the Van thread in particular is great comedy.

DisgruntledGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:25 PM
deep44

Quote:
Yeah, I meant the disallowed RnH goal with Gagner in the crease, my bad.
in most cases i would of just assumed you ment the RNH goal.. but with those idiots on sportsnet you never know.

deep44 is offline   Reply With Quote