HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Considering NHL Gamecenter live - any thoughts?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2013, 07:44 PM
  #326
Prophet Kadri
Registered User
 
Prophet Kadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingSlayer View Post
All these packages and crap are so pointless when you have ATDHE.NET...almost every game is streamed, the quality is good to excellent all the time and it very rarely freezes or lags... plus it is free....stop giving the NHL your money!!! (Sorry if this sounds like promoting stuff..I just like to save my fellow hockey fans some cash whenever I can).
ATDHE always gives me the crappiest stream possible. Low quality non-HD is not for everyone. I was watching the Edmonton-Vancouver game few days ago and i could not see the puck it was soo bad. $50 bucks flat +$5 monthly is not that bad.

I can watch euro football or basketball no problem but when NHL streams are crap quality i don't feel like watching the game.

Prophet Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 07:49 PM
  #327
trellaine201
Registered User
 
trellaine201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Left coast
Posts: 6,403
vCash: 500
Wow it says im logged in on ipad app. I click on a game. A message pops up with green banner saying "freedom" then abox to input my email. Looks weird. I enter my email. It says not found

Worked fine until now.


They are ****ed!

trellaine201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:56 AM
  #328
WhatASaveDave
Registered User
 
WhatASaveDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: toronto ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,767
vCash: 500
can i log on to my account twice at the same time? Like can i watch the game on my computer and xbox at the same time? I'm planning on buying NHL Gamecenter live and share it with a friend

WhatASaveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:12 AM
  #329
HappyGilmourr
Registered User
 
HappyGilmourr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Milton
Posts: 5,007
vCash: 500
it pissed me off last night - I only bought it to watch the game and it was blacked out. Any game on TSN, sportsnet, NBC, CBC, Leafs tv you can't watch - making it pretty ****in pointless. So this is how I watched the game last night on game centre. I had to download hot spot shield on to my computer (to trick my computer into to thinking I was living in america) and then watch the game on my computer - but then hook up my computer to the TV with an HDMI cable. Good quality but a hassle... and I could have just streamed the game (although quality would be poor)

HappyGilmourr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:13 AM
  #330
HappyGilmourr
Registered User
 
HappyGilmourr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Milton
Posts: 5,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatASaveDave View Post
can i log on to my account twice at the same time? Like can i watch the game on my computer and xbox at the same time? I'm planning on buying NHL Gamecenter live and share it with a friend
yes but you can't have it on two XBOX's at the same time

HappyGilmourr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:16 PM
  #331
leeaf83
Registered User
 
leeaf83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,879
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to leeaf83 Send a message via Yahoo to leeaf83
i saw an ad for game center on leafs TV last night claiming it's available on PS3. That should almost be flagged as false advertising at this point.

leeaf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:14 PM
  #332
mt99808
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 209
vCash: 500
Anybody familiar with the supposed PVR functionality?

Last night I came home late from work and my wife was watching TV so I went to watch on my ipad. I wanted to start from the beginning while the game was in the third period. There was no such option. How is that PVR like?

mt99808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:36 PM
  #333
dubplatepressure
Registered User
 
dubplatepressure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
it pissed me off last night - I only bought it to watch the game and it was blacked out. Any game on TSN, sportsnet, NBC, CBC, Leafs tv you can't watch - making it pretty ****in pointless. So this is how I watched the game last night on game centre. I had to download hot spot shield on to my computer (to trick my computer into to thinking I was living in america) and then watch the game on my computer - but then hook up my computer to the TV with an HDMI cable. Good quality but a hassle... and I could have just streamed the game (although quality would be poor)
This is simply not true. I watched the game on my phone from Westwood arena, was definintely NOT blacked out. And PS - you aren't tricking your computer into anything. You're tricking their servers into thinking you're in a different location.

In the time it took you to rant you could have just done a little research and found a ton of alternatives. I will recommend unblock-us, which comes with a 1-week no commitment trial run. Give it a shot.



Quote:
Originally Posted by mt99808
Anybody familiar with the supposed PVR functionality?

Last night I came home late from work and my wife was watching TV so I went to watch on my ipad. I wanted to start from the beginning while the game was in the third period. There was no such option. How is that PVR like?
From what I can tell, the PVR functions are reduced for certain platforms. I have an Ipad, a PS3, an Android phone, and a laptop. The PVR functions work through a browser on the computer, but for iPad and Android apps they don't have the same extras. My guess is they're still developing these, hense the delay in the PS3 app being released.

Even despite these setbacks, being a big hockey fan and streaming the last year's games using free services like ADTHE and the blogspot site, as well as having purchased the LeafsTV Online package for $39.99, for the extra $10 bucks, this is far, far, FAR better than any of those options.

GCL also offers technical support in both chat (unconfirmed) and phone (confirmed, I've used it twice) and the service is decent. I would recommend.

dubplatepressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:43 PM
  #334
Sharabhi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
My understanding is that GCL doesn't include playoffs?...what does everyone do for that?

Also, is there a way to test the quality I would get from GCL? Like a trial?

Sharabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:57 PM
  #335
dubplatepressure
Registered User
 
dubplatepressure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharabhi View Post
My understanding is that GCL doesn't include playoffs?...what does everyone do for that?

Also, is there a way to test the quality I would get from GCL? Like a trial?
They offer another package for playoffs. There's a 5-day refund period when you join.

dubplatepressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:05 PM
  #336
mt99808
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
They offer another package for playoffs. There's a 5-day refund period when you join.
Good luck with that. I ordered mine last Friday, after all the BS on Saturday I tried to call and cancel. The phone number would disconnect after one ring. I then emailed their contact advising them that I'm cancelling on the basis of the service I paid for was not working and that their advertising is misleading (ie be able to view on ps3). I got a response about 3 days later which was a canned response that was probably sent out to everyone, almost like an FAQ that covered absolutely any possible technical difficulty. They still have not disconnected or refunded my subscription.

mt99808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:11 PM
  #337
Ruski
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
it pissed me off last night - I only bought it to watch the game and it was blacked out. Any game on TSN, sportsnet, NBC, CBC, Leafs tv you can't watch - making it pretty ****in pointless. So this is how I watched the game last night on game centre. I had to download hot spot shield on to my computer (to trick my computer into to thinking I was living in america) and then watch the game on my computer - but then hook up my computer to the TV with an HDMI cable. Good quality but a hassle... and I could have just streamed the game (although quality would be poor)
unblock-us or UnoDNS would do the trick and get you around the regional blackouts. Discussed multiple times in this thread, so just search.

Takes 5-10min to setup and you are good to go.

Ruski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:15 PM
  #338
dubplatepressure
Registered User
 
dubplatepressure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt99808 View Post
Good luck with that. I ordered mine last Friday, after all the BS on Saturday I tried to call and cancel. The phone number would disconnect after one ring. I then emailed their contact advising them that I'm cancelling on the basis of the service I paid for was not working and that their advertising is misleading (ie be able to view on ps3). I got a response about 3 days later which was a canned response that was probably sent out to everyone, almost like an FAQ that covered absolutely any possible technical difficulty. They still have not disconnected or refunded my subscription.
Thanks, I guess, but I've been generally satisfied with my service. You do you realize you were trying to do all of this on what was probably GCL's busiest day they've ever had?

Try the number again. I also got through on that Saturday, and although I had to wait for approx 8 minutes in their queue, I did speak with someone. I also spoke with someone on Sunday, so again, not sure why you had difficulties. I also submitted an email on Saturday and got the reply on Tuesday I think, and it was not very helpful at all, but by that time I'd resolved my issues with the tech support guy via phone.

I suspect what's happening over at GCL location is the uptake on their service is exceeding their projections (if they even had any), and they're having trouble keeping up with the demand. It's still worth it IMO for the service.

dubplatepressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:04 PM
  #339
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,972
vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
They offer another package for playoffs. There's a 5-day refund period when you join.
That package is radio only. If you still need GCL for playoffs, its still in your account but you can't access it from North America. Must use European or some other place's DNS/proxy/VPN server.

So if you know the trick, yes, they include playoffs in this package.

Penalty Kill Icing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:55 PM
  #340
NCSENSFAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 683
vCash: 500
So can anyone walk me through getting the GCL on ps3 and if i need the app where i find it.

Thanks

NCSENSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:30 PM
  #341
DIrwin
Registered User
 
DIrwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 166
vCash: 500
Ah yes my rogers package is 25mbps and it runs at about 17/18mbps on speedtest. So that should be sufficient enough speed for streaming the games.

So could Chrome be the problem?

I had been running on 3000kbps and it was constantly lagging but it was HQ

I run it at 1600 kbps now and it's running perfectly albeit slighty better than SD but not quite HD

DIrwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:37 PM
  #342
clynch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
Hey Gamecenter fans. Go and request and then vote for Gamecenter to be added to the Hola! service, which gets by the regions locks of sites like Netflix:

https://www.facebook.com/questions/10151224312838541/

http://hola.org/

clynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:23 PM
  #343
dubplatepressure
Registered User
 
dubplatepressure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSENSFAN View Post
So can anyone walk me through getting the GCL on ps3 and if i need the app where i find it.

Thanks
Are you serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIrwin
Ah yes my rogers package is 25mbps and it runs at about 17/18mbps on speedtest. So that should be sufficient enough speed for streaming the games.

So could Chrome be the problem?

I had been running on 3000kbps and it was constantly lagging but it was HQ

I run it at 1600 kbps now and it's running perfectly albeit slighty better than SD but not quite HD
I will say I've also had flash/browser isssues with Chrome... I use Firefox for GCL and I get the 3000 kbps stream consistently. Try using FF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Kill Icing
That package is radio only. If you still need GCL for playoffs, its still in your account but you can't access it from North America. Must use European or some other place's DNS/proxy/VPN server.

So if you know the trick, yes, they include playoffs in this package.
hey hey this is awesome news - I hope you're right unblockus has a euro DNS ... fantastic!

dubplatepressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:28 PM
  #344
leeaf83
Registered User
 
leeaf83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,879
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to leeaf83 Send a message via Yahoo to leeaf83
anyone else have this problem;

i tried using unblock-us but when I log in it says username or password incorrect on the PS3. But if i log in on the internet, no problems.

leeaf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 07:37 PM
  #345
Guy Boucher
Registered User
 
Guy Boucher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,306
vCash: 500
The PS3 app is live now. It's much better than the previous version from what I can see.

Guy Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:11 AM
  #346
TheSilencer
Registered User
 
TheSilencer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,814
vCash: 500
So i subscribed for the hockeystreams.com 1 month subscription, and my experience has been pretty negative so far Yes the games come in crystal clear HD and everything, but it buffers pretty much every minute for me. Anyone had this experience with them? What can i do to reduce buffering?

I don't believe it's my internet, i have Rogers extreme. Whenever i try the free stuff like wiziwig or atdhe, it rarely buffers.

TheSilencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:54 PM
  #347
maplehawk
HFB Partner
 
maplehawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Rink
Posts: 2,086
vCash: 500
So will Leafs/Bruins be blacked out today because it's on the NHL Network

maplehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:02 PM
  #348
trellaine201
Registered User
 
trellaine201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Left coast
Posts: 6,403
vCash: 500
I am in new york right now. Gamecenter says leaf game is blacked out. Shouldnt i be getting thisngame on ipad?

Thanks

trellaine201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:13 PM
  #349
yakfish
"Holy Mackinaw!"
 
yakfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ohio
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,493
vCash: 50
Anybody have muchmuch success running GCL thru the PS 3? I am very disappointed with the picture quality. I have to use my laptop and an hdmi cable to get a descent HD picture. Not happy with the PS 3 app.

yakfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 06:24 PM
  #350
JBIZ14
Registered User
 
JBIZ14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,342
vCash: 500
my ps3 is awful...unwatchable....my apple tv and ipad work like a charm.

JBIZ14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.