HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phi-ana

Old
01-25-2013, 01:38 PM
Suddenly7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
owned.

plus, it seems as though not many people have seen the 4 flyers games this season, because if they had, they'd know that Bryz has clearly been the best player on the ice at any position to start the season.

with how good he's been in the past, it's much more likely that last year was a fluke than last year being the new benchmark for him.
Owned? I like the part where both of you decided not to include the other stuff I wrote about Hiller and Bryzalov. Hiller has a great contract and is playing like he did before he was injured. There isn't a good reason to trade him for Bryzalov.

Bryzalov is good but I don't think Flyers should be focusing on him rather than their defense in front of him.

Suddenly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:43 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
So we're supposed to remeber how good Hiller was but ignore how good Bryzgalov was? Gotcha.
So we're supposed to pretend that Bryzgalov hasn't had a history of poor play when playoffs come the last three times he's been there and take on a contract bigger than any contract currently on the team - for seven more years after this one? Find another sucker.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:50 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
No way Ducks do that.

Bryz has a killer (and not in a good way) contract and there's no reason to trade Hiller who's underrated.
No comment on the proposed deal, BUT, Bryzgalov is still one of the leagues top goal tenders imo. Had a rough start last season, his first in the eastern conference.. Lets see what he does this season before anybody goes writing him off. I would think Anaheim fans would agree, considering the putrid season Getzlaf had in 11-12'

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:51 PM
Pepper

Bryz has been widely speculated to be bought-out and while that may or may not be true, his value is zero with his contract & performance.

No deal from Ducks POV.

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:51 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLJB View Post
Anaheim needs to get younger

Or are they already one of the youngest teams in the NHL? From their current roster with their age in parentheses:

Rakell (19), Smith-Pelly (20), Palmieri (21), Fowler (21), Vatanen (21), Sbisa (22), Holland (22), Bonino (24), Beleskey (24), Cogliano (25), Winnik (27), Getzlaf (27), Perry (27), Staubitz (28), Hendry (28)...

Both goalies are only 30 years old, Beauch is 32 and so is Bryan Allen.

I think you're letting the presence of ageless wonders Selanne (42) and Koivu (38) cloud your perspective of the Ducks roster, this is a very young team by NHL standards.

heusy_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
No comment on the proposed deal, BUT, Bryzgalov is still one of the leagues top goal tenders imo. Had a rough start last season, his first in the eastern conference.. Lets see what he does this season before anybody goes writing him off. I would think Anaheim fans would agree, considering the putrid season Getzlaf had in 11-12'
I dont think anyone said he wasnt good... hiller is just better.

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:57 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
I swear to God it's like people go by what they hear and do no research. Bryz's current performance? What would that be exactly?

01-25-2013, 01:57 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
I dont think anyone said he wasnt good... hiller is just better.
I'd say they're equal.

Perry on the other hand is better than anything in OP

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:17 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
So we're supposed to pretend that Bryzgalov hasn't had a history of poor play when playoffs come the last three times he's been there and take on a contract bigger than any contract currently on the team - for seven more years after this one? Find another sucker.
Were you even born the last time Hiller started a playoff game?

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:21 PM
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I swear to God it's like people go by what they hear and do no research. Bryz's current performance? What would that be exactly?
That would be "nowhere near to warrant his current contract".

Big teams' fans (like Flyers) need to understand the economic realities of teams like Ducks. Ducks will never take contract like that in return.

I was a huge fan of Bryz, he won the cup with us and he was greatness as a person and a good goalie as well. But 5.67M cap hit for the next 7 seasons? No way. It's just the same as the proposal with Hartnell coming to Ducks, the contract simply makes it impossible to work.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Exit Dose

When did 2009 become the ancient past?

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:23 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
We seen bryz in anahiem for a few years, we know what were getting no one id doubting his performances... just saying its a downgrade from hiller when you take talent/money/contract, then were throwing in perry/lydman or beauch for the schenns -.- please

Old
01-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Pepper

Quote:
Now that's just silly.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
To Philly

Hiller
Perry
Lydman/Beauchemin

To Anaheim

Bryzgalov
B. Schenn
L. Schenn

I know I will get flammed from both sides on this but I really think this is fair value. Anaheim needs to get younger and Philly needs this trade IMO. Perry with Giroux would be crazy!
Wow.... Just wow... You know we waived Bryz right? Why would we go back and trade for him and take on stupid salary? We're having issues signing Perry and Getzlaf, and taking on a boatload of salary is stupid.

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
I'd say they're equal.

Perry on the other hand is better than anything in OP
I'm with Oates2Neely on this. Hiller and Bryzgalov are equally good. I wouldn't put one above the other, they're both on the same level.

Maybe Anaheim doesn't like Bryz's contract, fair enough, but Hiller will be getting a raise after next season so in the long run, Bryz's contract will be neutral considering the Flyers paid a large portion of the acutal salary and after this year he'll only be owed 34.5M over 7 year (4.9 per). What type of contract do you think Hiller's gonna ask for?

Last edited by Snotbubbles: 01-25-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old
01-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
When did 2009 become the ancient past?
January 1st

Old
01-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Pepper

Quote:
I'm with Oates2Neely on this. Hiller and Bryzgalov are equally good. I wouldn't put one above the other, they're both on the same level.
I'd take Hiller over Bryz every day of the week, even if they had similar contracts.

Quote:
Maybe Anaheim doesn't like Bryz's contract, fair enough, but Hiller will be getting a raise after next season so in the long run, Bryz's contract will be neutral considering the Flyers paid a large portion of the acutal salary and after this year he'll only be owed 41M over 8 year (5.1 per).
No. Bryz having 8 year contract is an instant no-no for the Ducks, even if the actual salary is slightly lower than cap hit. Simply way too long of a contract.

Hiller has given zero indication he wants out, I know that doesn't guarantee anything but I'm fairly confident he wants to stay.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:36 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:

Maybe Anaheim doesn't like Bryz's contract, fair enough, but Hiller will be getting a raise after next season so in the long run, Bryz's contract will be neutral considering the Flyers paid a large portion of the acutal salary and after this year he'll only be owed 41M over 8 year (5.1 per).
But chances are if we resign hiller it wont be 8 years worth of contract, we do have a potential number 1 that should be ready in 2-3 years.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:39 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
But chances are if we resign hiller it wont be 8 years worth of contract, we do have a potential number 1 that should be ready in 2-3 years.
I updated my numbers, Bryz only has 7 years and 34.5M left (4.9 per).

And don't make me laugh, if you're Jonas Hiller, are you taking a 3 year contract from the Ducks when you can get a 6 year contract on the open market? It's easy to play armchair GM and say you'll sign a player to this and that, but the player has to agree to it too.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Exit Dose

Oh, only 7 more years. It's not like we'd want say a young MVP to get his shot sometime in that time.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:42 PM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Quote:
To Philly

Hiller
Perry
Lydman/Beauchemin

To Anaheim

Bryzgalov
B. Schenn
L. Schenn

I know I will get flammed from both sides on this but I really think this is fair value. Anaheim needs to get younger and Philly needs this trade IMO. Perry with Giroux would be crazy!
This is very bad deal. It's clear that you haven't even checked want Anaheim could want when you claim that they need to get younger.

Crap proposal is crap.

JabbaJabba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:45 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
I updated my numbers, Bryz only has 7 years and 34.5M left (4.9 per).

And don't make me laugh, if you're Jonas Hiller, are you taking a 3 year contract from the Ducks when you can get a 6 year contract on the open market? It's easy to play armchair GM and say you'll sign a player to this and that, but the player has to agree to it too.
Its speculation... im not speaking for the GM or as the GM... these are fantasy not real life. Maybe your right, maybe gibson is ready by then and he gets the spot and we sign a veteran to back up thats cheaper then what hiller will cost. We have 2 years to see what happens, pretty long time. I was more just pointing to the fact we dont need or want bryz, and certainly doesnt improve the trade value by adding both goalies into the original trade.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:27 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
owned.

plus, it seems as though not many people have seen the 4 flyers games this season, because if they had, they'd know that Bryz has clearly been the best player on the ice at any position to start the season.

with how good he's been in the past, it's much more likely that last year was a fluke than last year being the new benchmark for him.
It seems as though not many people have seen the 2 Ducks games this season, because if they had they'd know that Hiller has been one of the better Ducks, basiclly stood on his head v Calgary to win 2 points, and it's been poor defensive play that caused goals, not Hiller's play

Quote:
Just curious, is it terrible because of cap hit or term? Or both? Just wondering from your POV.
The money owed, and the length, it's a killer for a franchise who has never handed out more then a 5 year contract.

End of the day, if Flyers fans are happy with Bryz (which appears to be the case in this thread), then there is no reason for the trade.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:57 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post

The money owed, and the length, it's a killer for a franchise who has never handed out more then a 5 year contract.

End of the day, if Flyers fans are happy with Bryz (which appears to be the case in this thread), then there is no reason for the trade.
If the Ducks plan on keeping Hiller after his contract is up next season, then the money still owed to Bryz and the money that will be owed Hiller will be in the same ballpark. You'd have to think Hiller will be looking for a 4-5 year contract around 6M per. So you're talking about a 5-6 year committment (next year at 4.5 and then an extension) at around 29-35M total compensation. Compared to Bryz's 7 years, 34.5M remaining after this year.

I fully understand the argument that you have Gibson in the wings, but the counter is, if you want to keep Hiller, you have to make a committment to him. He's not gonna sign a 2 year deal to be a placeholder for Gibson.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:03 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
We're you even born the last time Bryzgalov was the reason for winning a playoff series?

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote