HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - 7.0 - Great with computers

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 02:13 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I like Couturier, but I have a hard time seeing anything more than 2nd line upside from him. A good 2nd liner who can play in all situations...but I don't put that value on the same level as Subban. Just my opinion.
I like Couturier and i see him becoming a slightly more offensive version of Jordan Staal which is pretty nice but i also think having a guy like Subban on the back end may be more useful in the long run. PP Quarterbacks with speed , rushing ability ,agitator qualities and who can play defensively and physical don't grow on trees. Add to that that he's a right shot and his skills package is not something we see everyday.

If we do trade Subban i hope it will be another promising young D or for a blue chip offensive dynamo type. We need quality in return and not some "just decent package". It's critical that if it comes to a trade , that Bergevin takes his time and not **** this up.

Old
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Subbie-doo would look good in a Flyers jersey though..
He would look good in any jersey. That's the point. Unfortunately, it always feels like in Montreal, where "off ice issues" and "not a team player" matter more than on-ice play, we don't seem to want him to wear the sweater.

Old
jwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Couturier isn't enough and there is no way in **** we will get Giroux for Subban.

I would be more interested in dealing with Columbus with their 1st round pick being involved......Johanssen and a 1st sounds good to me
IF I was interested in dealing PK, Howson would have my attention with that proposal. Since I'm not - deaf ears, baby!

Old
01-25-2013, 02:15 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
IF I was interested in dealing PK, Howson would have my attention with that proposal. Since I'm not - deaf ears, baby!
..and then Columbus makes the playoffs and habs pick 20th their that columbus 1st.

=]

Old
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
They can put a whole bunch of guys (Pronger, etc) to LTIR and free up cap space.
Pronger is already on LTIR AFAIK

Old
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Flyers have 100k in cap space and their goaltending problems are flaring up again. Really doubt they're in a position to make a move like that.
Haven't looked it up in a few days, but the last CapGeek roster for the Flyers was an absolute mess. Way too many players listed, plus LTIR options, and a lot of younger bonus cushion considerations. I think they probably have an awful lot more cap space (or could make an awful lot more) than CapGeek is showing. Pronger and Walker alone would about do it.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:17 PM
BobbyFischer*

Would you guys accept Couturier and a 1st for Subbie-doo ??????

Old
01-25-2013, 02:18 PM
Andy

Quote:
Um, No.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:19 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
Kypreos just tweeted that this AM meeting is critical & needs to start at Benn money; ie 5 years 26 mil.

Kinda rich for my blood
5 years at 26 mil? Get 'er done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
The 50th highest paid D in the league right now is gorges at 3.9M$ according to capgeek.com

PK is better than Gorges so by my logic, that means he's worth at the very least what gorges got.

PK is not top 50 though, he's easily IMO a top 30, reasoning behind that is that there is atleast one team out there where he would be their number 1 so at the very least he's top 30.

Kronwall and Pitkannen are 29 and 30 on the list making 4.5M

There is no way whatsoever that PK should be making less than 4.5M$
I can't see him taking less than 4.5. And based on this holdout, 4.5 seems a stretch now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Just curious, would you trade PK + Eller + 2nd pick for Ovechkin ?
I have no idea what happened to OV. We can speculate but I wouldn't trade anything of real value for him. Three years ago he was arguably the best player in the league and now he's a huge question mark. I can't remember ever seeing a player of his stature fall so far so quick without some injury to explain it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Injuries aside is all what it's about with Markov. If he doesn't have issues this year, then there's no reason to think he'll be injury prone the next season.
But this season needs to go by before making it a definite opinion. He's certainly looking like he was prior to getting injured. Doesn't look like he lost anything, not even speed. Great news so far, but again, only 3 games in. Hopefully he'll remain healthy.
He's looked great so far. It's been an easy schedule but you can't take it away from him. Good news on this front is that it's only a 48 game schedule so that should help him. Bad news is that the 48 games are a little more packed in than normal so the staff might want to think about resting him here and there.

If (and it's always a huge IF with this guy) he's healthy and we get PK back, they'll be pretty sick together.
Quote:
Not a fan of dealing away our younger players/prospects even if it is for another prospect. We've got a solid young blueliner and I'd rather we just keep him. The vets are another story though...

Old
01-25-2013, 02:19 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Haven't looked it up in a few days, but the last CapGeek roster for the Flyers was an absolute mess. Way too many players listed, plus LTIR options, and a lot of younger bonus cushion considerations. I think they probably have an awful lot more cap space (or could make an awful lot more) than CapGeek is showing. Pronger and Walker alone would about do it.
"Would do it" to what level, though? It's not just about having the space to offer sheet Subban, it's about making a big enough offer than the Habs won't want to match.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:20 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

If I reached the point of "I'm definitely trading PK Subban" - which I wouldn't have reached, because hey, Subban would have accepted my $50M/8yr offer weeks ago, I digress - then Couturier and a 1st would make my "list" of packages worth considering. I would be hoping that there is a better offer out there, though. Couturier is solid, but not really the high-end home-run I'd be looking for. And it would leave us wanting on D for the future.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:21 PM
habtastic

This really has developed into a thread where we are now evaluating possible trades, which is sad. Screw Couturier. (And especially Ovechkin. I also am not a fan of sending Eller along with him!)

MB and PK, just sit in a room together, kick Meehan out (even though it's allegedly not "Donny", it's PK), and listen to "Come Together." MB, pay more than you were willing, PK, accept a little less. Both of you have strong cases. The worst thing is to play hardball where there is no movement by either. (And most think MB is inflexible, but there's no evidence that PK isn't as well.)

Please, please, please, have a deal done in the next two days so we can start to really enjoy this season. I'd still keep Subban on the second PP wave.

edit: BTW if anyone is wondering why that neanderthal, Kypreos, is pumping PK's tires, it's cuz they were bffs all lockout long on Sportsnet. I watched it, couldn't avert eyes, wanted to puke.

edit: I wish there was a photoshoped GIF of Kypreos snapping his finger and saying "You go girl", cuz that's exactly what I picture.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:21 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
If I reached the point of "I'm definitely trading PK Subban" - which I wouldn't have reached, because hey, Subban would have accepted my $50M/8yr offer weeks ago, I digress - then Couturier and a 1st would make my "list" of packages worth considering. I would be hoping that there is a better offer out there, though. Couturier is solid, but not really the high-end home-run I'd be looking for. And it would leave us wanting on D for the future.
Yeah. I agree.

Couturier is not a super gamebreaker but.. he is only 20... and has cracked the NHL already. He has the size we need, and he will get better. At 25yrs old who knows what he could become with his size/talent..

Old
01-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
ALTHOUGH... Couturier would be that big talented Center we've been looking for, for years..

6ft3.. only 20yrs old... imagine when he's 23+..
So is Eller and so is Galchenyuk. Pass

Old
Et le But

Just sign him already.

Old
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
"Would do it" to what level, though? It's not just about having the space to offer sheet Subban, it's about making a big enough offer than the Habs won't want to match.
Well, there's no offer the Habs won't match, IMHO, so it's a moot point. Habs aren't Nashville, and even Nashville matched. 4 1st rounders isn't that attractive, not from Philly. Just saying they could make enough cap space to fit anything. But they won't bother, they know it would be pointless.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Mario Lemieux fan 66

Quote:
Yes, but the Habs will have to add a litttle bit maybe a 2nd round draft pick or Weber+ a third.

The Habs could draft either one of Hagg, Ristoleinen, Nurse, Zadorov or Pulock with one of their first pick. They could also trade one of Plekanec, Desharnais or Eller + Beaulieu + a 2nd round draft pick for a good young dman to replace Subban.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Andy

Outside of Couturier and Giroux, there's nothing else I would want from the Flyers. They won't trade Giroux and Courturier isn't enough. It would be a bad trade.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Outside of Couturier and Giroux, there's nothing else I would want from the Flyers. They won't trade Giroux and Courturier isn't enough. It would be a bad trade.
A million times this.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:29 PM
Mario Lemieux fan 66

Quote:
Well, there's no offer the Habs won't match, IMHO, so it's a moot point. Habs aren't Nashville, and even Nashville matched. 4 1st rounders isn't that attractive, not from Philly. Just saying they could make enough cap space to fit anything. But they won't bother, they know it would be pointless.
I take the 4 1st rounders every day of the week especially with Timmins as head scout. It's Subban not Jesus Christ.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Lemieux fan 66 View Post
I take the 4 1st rounders every day of the week especially with Timmins as head scout. It's Subban not Jesus Christ.
I want a good team in 3-4 years. Not in 10.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:32 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
B.Schenn and Laughton are good too, also on a level with Couturier IMHO. Couturier has a heritage advantage over them to us, perhaps, but that group is basically why they could afford to trade one of them. They're all good. Problem is, Flyers have little else of interest, very weak prospect group, and while they may be struggling now, it's hard to place a lot of hope in getting a high draft pick out them either. I don't think there's a deal to be made. I hope there isn't.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Andy

Quote:
B.Schenn and Laughton are good too, also on a level with Couturier IMHO. Couturier has a heritage advantage over them to us, perhaps, but that group is basically why they could afford to trade one of them. They're all good. Problem is, Flyers have little else of interest, very weak prospect group, and while they may be struggling now, it's hard to place a lot of hope in getting a high draft pick out them either. I don't think there's a deal to be made. I hope there isn't.
If I'm trading Subban, I want at least a blue-chip D prospect. The team not having a potential #1 D-man prospect will hurt this team long term.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Gros Bonhomme
Benoit Brunet #1 Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Gros Bonhomme
What do you guys think of fitting Simmonds somewhere if this ultimately ends up in a trade? On top of Couturier of course... but I think Montreal needs to add at that point.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Avim86

I love how most people compare Subban to Gorges in terms of salary (or in fact to any UFA deal). He is RFA it's not about what you are worth it's about what you can leverage , I predict he will get max 4 years at 4-4.5M a year.

Closed Thread