HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston - Edmonton

Old
01-25-2013, 10:06 AM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
You couldn't convince me to swap Peverly for Hemsky even if you added the 2013 Edm 1st. Peverly plays in all situations, and has outscored Hemsky. Keep dreaming.

You are one of the few Oiler fans who repeatedly attempt to force the Edmonton's hobbled players (Hemsky, Whitney) or their underachieving Smurf center (Gagner) down every other fans throats for upgrades to your roster. Nobody wants Hemsky, nobody wants Whitney, nobody wants Gagner.. not unless youre ok with mid round draft picks in exchange.

Keep the current plan going, tank & continue to add talent via draft. Sooner or later these kids will mature and start winning (lots), at that point Tambo will find free agents will approve Edmonton as a destination.
I'd like you to show me where I once propose Hemsky, Whitney or Gagner to any other team. Go ahead, I'll wait.
That's right, couldn't find it could you. There's a huge difference between defending players that are consistently referred to as crap who are actually decent players and would help teams, and trying to, as you say, force other teams to take them. I have no issues with the Oilers continuing the rebuild the way they have, for the first time in 25 years we have more than one skilled player in our lineup. Now its about figuring out ways to balance that lineup. Of course it would be nice to have a Lucic on our roster, or a big bodied center, but I've in no way ever suggested that Boston would or should trade Lucic to us. So keep making up stories smart guy, its entertaining.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:41 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
I'd like you to show me where I once propose Hemsky, Whitney or Gagner to any other team. Go ahead, I'll wait.
That's right, couldn't find it could you. There's a huge difference between defending players that are consistently referred to as crap who are actually decent players and would help teams, and trying to, as you say, force other teams to take them. I have no issues with the Oilers continuing the rebuild the way they have, for the first time in 25 years we have more than one skilled player in our lineup. Now its about figuring out ways to balance that lineup. Of course it would be nice to have a Lucic on our roster, or a big bodied center, but I've in no way ever suggested that Boston would or should trade Lucic to us. So keep making up stories smart guy, its entertaining.
But just who would Gagner or Whitney or Hemsky help enough where they'd be willing to send over an upgrade to Edmonton?

Players like Hemsky Whitney & Gagner are players that perhaps a contender would look to acquire at the trade deadline, for picks/ prospects, not for "big centers". So unless Oiler fans are ok with trading these guys for picks, some of you need to stop with these ridiculous offers looking for top talent.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:51 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
He is worth more than Peverly, in that we wouldn't trade him for Peverly if the offer was on the table. For a player we aren't actively shopping, we set the value. If the value isn't met, we keep him. Simple as that. Peverly is closer to Ryan Jones, not Ales Hemsky.
To compare Peverley to Jones is silly, he scores double what Jones does while playing a checking role and on the PK. He scored at a higher rate than Hemsky did last year as well.

Ales Hemsky from last year was not the same guy he was a few years ago, there is a pretty good case to be made that the Ales Hemsky that is around today is not as valuable a player as Rich Peverley. Any way you look at it, if Hemsky isn't any better than he was last year, Rich Peverley is the better player.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:52 AM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Not good trading partners. Edmonton has nothing Boston would want unless they were willing to give up some of the young talent which Edmonton I doubt has any desire

The Dangley One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:59 AM
roboninja
EYG

vCash: 362
Horrible proposal.

But I will say this, Hemsky looks to be back to 2009 form. He has looked great out there. I know, only 3 games, yadda-yadda, but he is dangling with the puck out there like a top line player.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:32 AM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Hemsky might help Boston, but not at the expense of Lucic. Hemsky is skilled, but can you rely on him? No way Bs give up a core guy for a finesse guy who may or may not make it through an entire season. If you want to talk Hemsky at the deadline for picks/prospects, then we have a discussion. Boston isn't dipping into its core unless it is getting back a major talent. This doesn't qualify. I also think that if Boston were to deal a core player, it would be at center, where they have more organizational depth, and it would be for a pure goal scorer with size, not necessarily a finesse player who is more of a set-up man, IMO.

11MilesPerJohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:25 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
But just who would Gagner or Whitney or Hemsky help enough where they'd be willing to send over an upgrade to Edmonton?

Players like Hemsky Whitney & Gagner are players that perhaps a contender would look to acquire at the trade deadline, for picks/ prospects, not for "big centers". So unless Oiler fans are ok with trading these guys for picks, some of you need to stop with these ridiculous offers looking for top talent.
Some of who? I asked you to show me where I proposed any of these trades. I haven't. I don't recall one that I have even supported, I support the players who you claim to be crap just because you team may not need them. You seem to think that all Oiler fans are doing this. Stop lumping us all together, unless of course you can find the evidence I asked for.

Old
01-25-2013, 12:30 PM
BergyWho37

Yet again Edmonton fans trying to trade us broken farm machinery

Your getting nothing from us ..... maybe picks at deadline

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:34 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyWho37 View Post
Yet again Edmonton fans trying to trade us broken farm machinery

Your getting nothing from us ..... maybe picks at deadline
Fan. Not fans. We know this is a ridiculous trade.

Old
01-25-2013, 12:39 PM
FunkyChicken
Dishonor for Connor

Quote:
Originally Posted by titsuple View Post
My first post take it easy on me

Boston
hemsky
whitney
2013 2nd round draft pick

Edmonton
lucic
ference
Oilers fan coming in peace.
Bad, bad, bad proposal.
I don't think I can name on one hand first liners who can score, hit, fight and intimidate. Lucic is one, maybe Kassian from Vancouver has a chance to enter this category. These guys are invaluable and not for trade.

FunkyChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:43 PM
titsuple

The value is not there for a proven power forward but Im sure everyone can agree that both hemsky and whitney would put up WAY better numbers in boston than edmonton. Its the way it works i.e pitkanan, lupul, cole and even souray. When edmonton was trading these players everyone said they where injury prone has beens. Not saying they are worth a lucic but the value is not as far off as some of you are suggesting IMO.

titsuple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:18 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
The value is not there for a proven power forward but Im sure everyone can agree that both hemsky and whitney would put up WAY better numbers in boston than edmonton. Its the way it works i.e pitkanan, lupul, cole and even souray. When edmonton was trading these players everyone said they where injury prone has beens. Not saying they are worth a lucic but the value is not as far off as some of you are suggesting IMO.
I'm not sure I agree with your statement that Whitney and Hemsky would put up "way better numbers" in Boston.

The way the Bruins are structured it is a possibility, even a likelyhood that they don't play as many minutes as they do now. It is just the way it works under Claude Julien. They spread out the minutes and they don't usually have forwards playing 20 mintutes like some teams do. I'm not even sure that Hemsky would play in the top 6 since the top 2 lines have pretty good chemistry. It would be more likely that Hemsky plays on the 3rd line and the PP if he was on the Bruins.

Contrary to what someone said, most of us Bruins fans don't think Whitney and Hemsky are "crap". We just don't see them as players we would like to see anything other than picks or mid level prospects dealt for.

It is the fact that they both have had to deal with a lot of injuries in the last couple of years and that Whitney said on Boston radio that his skating is 80% of what it was and he doesn't think it will ever get any better. Hemsky's ppg ratio declined last year and if he is playing an even lesser role in Boston it only makes sense that it could decrease again.

Anything can happen, but nobody wants to pay top dollar for what would amount to role players on the Bruins. Of course they would go for the best available when trying to get a player, but these guys would be role players and it is a little doubtful they would even be retained past this season so their value just isn't what it would be for guys that would be core players.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Rocket of Russia
Defender of Tang

I knew this thread was going to deliver. With Hemsky on one side and Lucic on the other...oh man did it ever. It's been said already, but everyone, not matter what team you cheer for, knows that an overpayment is what it would take to land Lucic. I don't really know why, but there just aren't players like him.

Rocket of Russia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:58 PM
No Good Names Left

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket of Russia View Post
I knew this thread was going to deliver. With Hemsky on one side and Lucic on the other...oh man did it ever. It's been said already, but everyone, not matter what team you cheer for, knows that an overpayment is what it would take to land Lucic. I don't really know why, but there just aren't players like him.
I 100% agree. Lucic is a monster. I think what really bothers us Oiler fans is that you used the pick we gave you for samsonov to take him. Uggh!

No Good Names Left is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:06 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Good Names Left View Post
I 100% agree. Lucic is a monster. I think what really bothers us Oiler fans is that you used the pick we gave you for samsonov to take him. Uggh!
Lucic Nuge Eberle
Hall Gagner Yakupov
Smyth Horcoff Hesmky

Yikes!

Old
01-25-2013, 03:10 PM
titsuple

OK lets try the toronto thing, two firsts for lucic! Oh wait that didnt work out so well for the maple leafs, how bout 2013 first rounder and 2014 second rounder for lucic

Old
01-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Oilers fan saying this is unfair for Boston
Hemsky+2013 1st for Lucic should be minimum

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Good Names Left View Post
Does not bother me one bit. Samsonov was a major contributor to that cup run and that run was undoubtedly the most exciting hockey I've witnessed in my life. If I were the Oilers GM, I make that trade again every day of the week without blinking, and I'm sure Boston does the same.

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:29 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
OK lets try the toronto thing, two firsts for lucic! Oh wait that didnt work out so well for the maple leafs, how bout 2013 first rounder and 2014 second rounder for lucic
The Bruins want to win the Cup this year, if they made a deal like that it greatly hurts their chances. It would not happen. If they were to trade Lucic it would have to make the team better right now and in the future. I wouldn't expect any team to come up with what it would take to get Lucic from the Bruins but I can assure you that draft picks simply won't get it done.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnoctophas View Post
Oilers fan saying this is unfair for Boston
Hemsky+2013 1st for Lucic should be minimum

Does not bother me one bit. Samsonov was a major contributor to that cup run and that run was undoubtedly the most exciting hockey I've witnessed in my life. If I were the Oilers GM, I make that trade again every day of the week without blinking, and I'm sure Boston does the same.
Nao quero Hemsky

Old
01-25-2013, 03:38 PM
titsuple

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
The Bruins want to win the Cup this year, if they made a deal like that it greatly hurts their chances. It would not happen. If they were to trade Lucic it would have to make the team better right now and in the future. I wouldn't expect any team to come up with what it would take to get Lucic from the Bruins but I can assure you that draft picks simply won't get it done.
I think that next season would be a better year to win the cup dont you?
full season..

Old
01-25-2013, 03:55 PM
Pekka Rinne

Quote:
When, WHEN has Hemsky EVER been better than Savard??
Considerig Savard will never play again and is still raking in $4 M, yes Hemsky is undoubtedly better than him NOW, which is what actually counts.

Pekka Rinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 04:01 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
I think that next season would be a better year to win the cup dont you?
full season..
No, I think this year and next year would be better.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:45 PM
cashman rules*

I almost threw up lol,no thanks and as much as i love Hall i would rather have Lucic anyday of the week on the Bruins.

cashman rules* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:13 PM
ORRMAN

Two Edmonton first rounders (2011 and 2012) for Lucic. That I'd do.

ORRMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:13 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekka Rinne View Post
Considerig Savard will never play again and is still raking in $4 M, yes Hemsky is undoubtedly better than him NOW, which is what actually counts.
Dude Hemsky is made of glass, he has zero value