HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your call: Should canadiens sign or trade subban?

Old
01-25-2013, 12:48 PM
BergyWho37

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
I haven't seen him take a night off. Is this some new form of sarcasm? Ference is freaking bargain. Good luck obtaining a player as good with a similar contract.
Nope no sarcasm ... You can think what you'd like .. I'd even say quadier is better and how much do we pay him found 1

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:50 PM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyWho37 View Post
Nope no sarcasm ... You can think what you'd like .. I'd even say quadier is better and how much do we pay him found 1
Good luck obtaining one, not finding one. Who is going to replace him? McQuaid is not better IMO.

Thanks for giving me permission to think what I'd like, BTW.

Sorry, not going to derail this thread any longer. Trade PK, Montreal!

ToddRundgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:51 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
2001 (?)- Eric Weinrich traded to Boston Bruins for Patrick Traverse
2003 , 3 way with San Jose that brought Jeff Hackett?

dont know if that counts though,

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:56 PM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post

Yeah, I didn't know either if that would count. Don't think there was any way Habs were trading Hackett directly to the Bruins. But pretty sure that's the last time the teams were involved in a trade.

the 2001 trade was the last time they were directly involved in a trade.

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:58 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
I don't think he fits in here. The Bruins can't just take anyone and make them fit in. Look at some of the guys that didn't stick: Pouliot, Corvo, Morris. When people say that it reminds me of when the Red Wings pick a guy up and everyone automatically thinks they'll be awesome because of Dan Cleary.

Subban strikes me as a me first guy, it always seems to be about him and that doesn't work in Boston and a lot of other places. He's talented, but he's not as good as he thinks he is and that's a huge problem on a team like the Bruins.

I don't think he's worth the money he's going to get and I don't think he's worth what the habs would want in a trade. Not to mention that they would never trade him to Boston anyways.
I don't think the Bruins would deal for him...I don't want him...but think Chia and Neely like him..

WBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:07 PM
Scotto74
First in line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post

that is the first one I thought of as well but didn't know if it would count either as it wsa not direct between the two teams.

So OOG what is your gut feeling when it's all over is PK a hab or not?

BOSTON STRONG!!!
Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:08 PM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
I don't think the Bruins would deal for him...I don't want him...but think Chia and Neely like him..
Conspiracy theorists on both sides think the seed was planted at last years draft when the Bruins selected Malcolm and there were photos of PK mingling with the Bruins brass.

Bruins would need to move out some serious coin to bring in PK for next season. IMO it's not happening.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:18 PM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
that is the first one I thought of as well but didn't know if it would count either as it wsa not direct between the two teams.

So OOG what is your gut feeling when it's all over is PK a hab or not?
Info isn't as free flowing here. As someone said earlier, Meehan "supposedly" wants PK to accept 2 years at $3.5 per. Not what I heard but if that's the case and PK is the one pushing for 5 years $5 million, then the 1st thing I'd expect to see is PK looking for a new agent.

The general feeling is Habs are in the neighborhood of MDZ's deal ( 2 yrs $2.75 per ? ). That seems a little more realistic. But you throw in what Benn signed for on a second deal and everything is thrown out of wack.

My gut says Habs hold out for as long as they have to, even if it means the season. Under the old CBA I believe there was a deadline of JAN 1 RFA's had to sign by. Do not know if there is one in the new CBA for this year.

But if Markov were to get injured, Habs cave in immediately.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:46 PM
BergyWho37

Quote:
Info isn't as free flowing here. As someone said earlier, Meehan "supposedly" wants PK to accept 2 years at $3.5 per. Not what I heard but if that's the case and PK is the one pushing for 5 years $5 million, then the 1st thing I'd expect to see is PK looking for a new agent.

The general feeling is Habs are in the neighborhood of MDZ's deal ( 2 yrs $2.75 per ? ). That seems a little more realistic. But you throw in what Benn signed for on a second deal and everything is thrown out of wack.

My gut says Habs hold out for as long as they have to, even if it means the season. Under the old CBA I believe there was a deadline of JAN 1 RFA's had to sign by. Do not know if there is one in the new CBA for this year.

But if Markov were to get injured, Habs cave in immediately.
good post not exactly sure of there cap hit but Widemen ? Myers ? maybe add Doughty for another price reference and would think there's others ..... I'm sure your catching my drift Plus I could be wrong MDZ doesn't have as much experience as Subban, meaning Subban has been relied on more ! Just cause of playing for Montreal ..

Just my take ..

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:19 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Conspiracy theorists on both sides think the seed was planted at last years draft when the Bruins selected Malcolm and there were photos of PK mingling with the Bruins brass.

Bruins would need to move out some serious coin to bring in PK for next season. IMO it's not happening.
I'm not even entertaining the thought. This forum bounced off the walls for how long over Kovaljerk; Nash, Ryan, Brown, Parise, even Ryder coming back. And, we were never really major players in half of those deals.

Would it be wonderful to have him? Anyone who doesn't think so doesn't understand what Subban provides, of which we have little. Maybe they cover their eyes when we're on the PP, too. Honestly, who could blame them at this point. Add possibly having brothers (siblings) on the team in a few years assuming Malcolm makes the show. It would be great.

No way they move heaven and earth to get him. Just don't see it. Not Chia's MO. Never has been.

Last edited by Neely08: 01-25-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Neely08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:29 PM
westernhome

Subban is a puke, it embarrasses me that this is even a topic here, he is not Bruins material... luckily Bruins management is way smarter than a lot of the armchair types out there

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:41 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
Subban is a puke, it embarrasses me that this is even a topic here, he is not Bruins material... luckily Bruins management is way smarter than a lot of the armchair types out there

We'd say the same thing if we were trading for Marchand. And, once they're in black and gold, different story. I fully agree Subban is an easy guy to hate. He's the perfect hab; dives all over the place, turtles, runs his suck w/ the mitts glued on, etc.

For starters, name a Bruin D-man that can hoof the puck from his own zone and establish possession in the offensive zone on the PP, or 5 v 5. You can't, b/c we have no one like that. He's like a human speed pass for the neutral zone. He'd be a huge asset. A guy like this opens up all kinds of possibilities for this team, especially when you consider some of our key forwards weren't exactly blessed in the speed department. Add puck retrieval, and it's a no brainer.

But, I wouldn't sweat it, West. Not happening.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:42 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Not my party. I don't give a rat's behind whether he's traded or not, I'm just enjoying the impasse.

Thanks for the link. I'm sure the Canadiens do have no intention of trading Subban. That doesn't mean they won't. We'll see what happens.
No of course. I know you're not a big fan. Merely pointing out that this sky is falling party in montreal isn't that bad. Not yet anyway. With guys like Benn and O'reilly still unsigned as season started, it wasn't a unique situation. Now that Benn has signed, there's one less. If Subban is the one and only remaining for an extended period of time, then certainly I cannot blame those who think Montreal and Subban's future is in doubt. For now though, barely anything to worry about.

Obviously, not the best situation nonetheless and you prefer your bruins core...which won the cup so not like it's broken right?

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:49 PM
westernhome

no we wouldn't, Marchand is great, I hate when people make that statement, Marchand gets it, he answers the bell, he fits as a Bruin, he singlehandedly has carried the team when the tough needed to rise above.... people making statements like that don't really understand and see the whole picture

comparing the two is ridiculous

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:50 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
We'd say the same thing if we were trading for Marchand. And, once they're in black and gold, different story. I fully agree Subban is an easy guy to hate. He's the perfect hab; dives all over the place, turtles, runs his suck w/ the mitts glued on, etc.

For starters, name a Bruin D-man that can hoof the puck from his own zone and establish possession in the offensive zone on the PP, or 5 v 5. You can't, b/c we have no one like that. He's like a human speed pass for the neutral zone. He'd be a huge asset. A guy like this opens up all kinds of possibilities for this team, especially when you consider some of our key forwards weren't exactly blessed in the speed department. Add puck retrieval, and it's a no brainer.

But, I wouldn't sweat it, West. Not happening.
The Bruins haven't had a problem gaining the zone 5-5 or on the PP so far this season. Their problem runs a lot deeper than adding one guy to the PP.

Subban has a booming shot, that's what he would bring to our PP. We have guys that can shoot the puck hard from the point.

It's never going to happen and I'm thankful for that.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyWho37 View Post
good post not exactly sure of there cap hit but Widemen ? Myers ? maybe add Doughty for another price reference and would think there's others ..... I'm sure your catching my drift Plus I could be wrong MDZ doesn't have as much experience as Subban, meaning Subban has been relied on more ! Just cause of playing for Montreal ..

Just my take ..
Agree on the MDZ comparison.

Here's the dilemma the Habs are in as I see it:

Is Subban the number 1,2,3 or 4 d-man on that team? You pay him accordingly to where you think he fits. An MDZ contract makes him number 4. MDZ in New York is paid as a number 3.

I think not only giving Josh Gorges $3.9 Million per, but also 6 years, should have been the writing on the wall for the Habs with Subban coming up to RFA.

Philly is seriously interested according to a lot of reports. Where does he fit in there? Not counting Pronger, anything under $3.5 million per puts him as number 6 on their d.

Now I know the argument will be made by some that he's just coming off his ELC, and that's true. But where you fit in the team's structure also plays into it. If your one of the best in the position for your team, you expect to be paid like it.

We just saw it with Tyler Seguin and we'll see it in 3 years with Dougie Hamilton. He wont be the 6th highest paid d-man on the team then.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:01 PM
Neely08

Quote:
no we wouldn't, Marchand is great, I hate when people make that statement, Marchand gets it, he answers the bell, he fits as a Bruin, he singlehandedly has carried the team when the tough needed to rise above.... people making statements like that don't really understand and see the whole picture

I'm sorry, who's the guy he's fighting in that pic? I can't quite make out his name.

The irony.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:05 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:

Agree...

BTW, I'm back over at the "Oasis" .. had some URL probs..

WBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:12 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
The Bruins haven't had a problem gaining the zone 5-5 or on the PP so far this season. Their problem runs a lot deeper than adding one guy to the PP.

Subban has a booming shot, that's what he would bring to our PP. We have guys that can shoot the puck hard from the point.

It's never going to happen and I'm thankful for that.
The Bruins PP, including controlled entry w/ possession, in NOT their strong suit. They dump it in on the PP more than any other team I watch. Not a huge strong point 5 v 5 either. 9 times out of 10, they're going to dump it and grind it out. Subban gives you more than a shot, he gives you options. Chara has a shot, what good is it when you can hardly establish possession half the time? Subban brings you mobility, offensive acumen and instincts from the back end, and speed. It's been so long since we had someone like him, people seem to not remember what it looks like.

You're right. Not going to happen, therefore not wasting the energy arguing a/b it.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:13 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:

Wait, how aren't Subban and Marchand comparable? I've seen you post a pic of subban taking a hit and fighting Marchand and claiming Marchand answers the bell despite having less NHL fights.

They are pretty similar and both good guys off the ice.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:18 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
The Bruins PP, including controlled entry w/ possession, in NOT their strong suit. They dump it in on the PP more than any other team I watch. Not a huge strong point 5 v 5 either. 9 times out of 10, they're going to dump it and grind it out. Subban gives you more than a shot, he gives you options. Chara has a shot, what good is it when you can hardly establish possession half the time? Subban brings you mobility, offensive acumen and instincts from the back end, and speed. It's been so long since we had someone like him, people seem to not remember what it looks like.

You're right. Not going to happen, therefore not wasting the energy arguing a/b it.
You guys will be fine with Hamilton developing.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:29 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
You guys will be fine with Hamilton developing.
I agree. Although I don't know enough a/b Hamilton to know if he's ever going to a be a guy that does some of the things Subban does. Especially until he develops confidence/experience.

Another reason I can't see them rocking the boat.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:34 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:

Homerific

BruinsNeedaRussian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:35 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
I agree. Although I don't know enough a/b Hamilton to know if he's ever going to a be a guy that does some of the things Subban does. Especially until he develops confidence/experience.

Another reason I can't see them rocking the boat.
Well he's not like Subban but he's certainly a good player. Great offensive instincts, very smart person and player(Scholastic player of the year). He's big, mobile and has a good shot. I think you're looking at a potential Pronger if the kid plays as nasty as Pronger did. Certainly not a Subban type but a Pronger clone? Take it. Btw, not saying he's a HHOF player, just saying he has potential to be a big presence of that mold.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:36 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Well he's not like Subban but he's certainly a good player. Great offensive instincts, very smart person and player(Scholastic player of the year). He's big, mobile and has a good shot. I think you're looking at a potential Pronger if the kid plays as nasty as Pronger did. Certainly not a Subban type but a Pronger clone? Take it. Btw, not saying he's be a HHOF player, just saying he has potential to be a big presence of that mold.
That's what I'm hoping for.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote