HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Hawks 3, Stars 2 (OT) - "Flying High Again" Edition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-25-2013, 10:29 AM
  #201
Kurtosis
Win it for Theo
 
Kurtosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ravenswood
Country: United States
Posts: 8,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Because Luongo has NEVER given up a soft goal
Damn you, IU, damn you.

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:32 AM
  #202
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 17,418
vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
Damn you, IU, damn you.
It's fun to egg him on and poke holes in his made up logic.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:36 AM
  #203
ChiHawk21
Registered User
 
ChiHawk21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,593
vCash: 500
Kane back on right wing with a competent center playing great....who would have thought...


Pick up a different back up goalie to contend with Crawford and a Solid defensive number three center and i dont know if this team could be beat.

ChiHawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:49 AM
  #204
crazyhawk
Registered User
 
crazyhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHawk21 View Post
Kane back on right wing with a competent center playing great....who would have thought...


Pick up a different back up goalie to contend with Crawford and a Solid defensive number three center and i dont know if this team could be beat.
I think Kruger can be that man.
So with a solid 1B and a little luck ya never know!

crazyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:20 AM
  #205
BobbyJet
Registered User
 
BobbyJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dundas, Ontario. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,694
vCash: 500
Shaw is off to a poor start playing center but he did show a hint of improvement last night. Whether or not he can be the effective player (as out 3rd center) he was as a rookie winger is questionable. Q canít wait too long for him to pick it up, but if he does I can see him filling that 3rd line center role. Stanís priority is pretty clear to me: goaltending. The team is far from perfect but doesnít look too bad other than in the nets.

And those that insist on quoting stats to defend Crawford, please stop. If it werenít for a few alert plays by Keith, and another by Kruger to save us from embarrassingly soft goals, our record would look quite different.

BobbyJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:28 PM
  #206
BronYrAur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Shaw is off to a poor start playing center but he did show a hint of improvement last night. Whether or not he can be the effective player (as out 3rd center) he was as a rookie winger is questionable. Q canít wait too long for him to pick it up, but if he does I can see him filling that 3rd line center role. Stanís priority is pretty clear to me: goaltending. The team is far from perfect but doesnít look too bad other than in the nets.

And those that insist on quoting stats to defend Crawford, please stop. If it werenít for a few alert plays by Keith, and another by Kruger to save us from embarrassingly soft goals, our record would look quite different.
What ifs, dude.

It's hilarious how the Crawford haters just see what they want to see. Crawford gave up 2 goals?? OMG worst goalie! Nevermind that Rozi gave the puck away on the 2nd goal and Keith & Seabs both ****ed up on the first goal. Your two "star" d-men hung their goalie out to dry there and who is to blame? Crawford. Yikes.


BronYrAur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:56 PM
  #207
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 14,669
vCash: 500
I still think the best top 6 is,

Stalberg, Toews, Sharp
Kane, Bolland, Hossa

or some variation of it. Saad has been playing really well but Stalberg is getting shafted a bit with Bickell and Shaw. Don't think there is really a solution other than changing it up if the Hawks need scoring in a game.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:08 PM
  #208
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 22,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhawk View Post
I think Kruger can be that man.
So with a solid 1B and a little luck ya never know!
Even if he can, we have no depth at Center and we only have 3 in the NHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
What ifs, dude.

It's hilarious how the Crawford haters just see what they want to see. Crawford gave up 2 goals?? OMG worst goalie! Nevermind that Rozi gave the puck away on the 2nd goal and Keith & Seabs both ****ed up on the first goal. Your two "star" d-men hung their goalie out to dry there and who is to blame? Crawford. Yikes.

he isn't wrong with what he said. If Keith wouldn't save his ass twice, we are not a 4-0-0 team. Yesterday we would have gone into the 3rd being 3 goals behind

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:13 PM
  #209
crazyhawk
Registered User
 
crazyhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Bubba88;58324469]Even if he can, we have no depth at Center and we only have 3 in the NHL



My short answer to that is : P i r r i give the kid a shot or go with Jamal for 4LC

crazyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:16 PM
  #210
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!
 
Sir Psycho T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redwood City, CA
Posts: 3,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
What ifs, dude.

It's hilarious how the Crawford haters just see what they want to see. Crawford gave up 2 goals?? OMG worst goalie! Nevermind that Rozi gave the puck away on the 2nd goal and Keith & Seabs both ****ed up on the first goal. Your two "star" d-men hung their goalie out to dry there and who is to blame? Crawford. Yikes.

This is the logic of so many people and it baffles me. The D didn't play perfectly what do you want the goalie to do? STOP THE PUCK! It's his job, again if Crawford didn't turn almost every defensive mistake into a goal then it wouldn't be an issue.

So we are going to bash our D because if they don't play perfect our goalie can't bail them out, that makes perfect sense and puts no pressure on them. "Hey guys if you don't play 100% perfect it's a goal because our goalie isn't very good" But why change anything with the goalie position it's perfect.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:23 PM
  #211
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 22,578
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=crazyhawk;58324683]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Even if he can, we have no depth at Center and we only have 3 in the NHL



My short answer to that is : P i r r i give the kid a shot or go with Jamal for 4LC
I don't think his D is what we need. We need a Two way center, not offensiv minded

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:54 PM
  #212
BronYrAur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
This is the logic of so many people and it baffles me. The D didn't play perfectly what do you want the goalie to do? STOP THE PUCK! It's his job, again if Crawford didn't turn almost every defensive mistake into a goal then it wouldn't be an issue.

So we are going to bash our D because if they don't play perfect our goalie can't bail them out, that makes perfect sense and puts no pressure on them. "Hey guys if you don't play 100% perfect it's a goal because our goalie isn't very good" But why change anything with the goalie position it's perfect.
At least what I used is logic....

On the other hand, your argument holds no water because it can be used in just the opposite way....

So we are going to bash our G because if he doesn't play perfect our D can't play well enough to keep the other team from having multiple breakaways or open looks in front of the goalie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
he isn't wrong with what he said. If Keith wouldn't save his ass twice, we are not a 4-0-0 team. Yesterday we would have gone into the 3rd being 3 goals behind
Yet another dreadful argument where you are creating a narrative to what happened. And Crawford came up very large with a 32-save evening against the Blues. Without that excellent effort the Hawks probably lose. T

hat's a nonsense argument because it's a team effort yet when a goal goes in, the Crawford haters jump on him and blame him entirely. I guess it probably has something to do with so many Hawks fans' unwillingness to pin anything on the fan favorites Seabs & Keith....

BronYrAur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 04:12 PM
  #213
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!
 
Sir Psycho T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redwood City, CA
Posts: 3,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
At least what I used is logic....

On the other hand, your argument holds no water because it can be used in just the opposite way....

So we are going to bash our G because if he doesn't play perfect our D can't play well enough to keep the other team from having multiple breakaways or open looks in front of the goalie?


No we aren't going to start calling our goalie great or wonderful because of a few good, not even great games. Yes D makes mistakes, it's up to your goalie to prevent those mistakes from ending up in the back of the net.

If Keith doesn't stop 2 goals in 2 games, the St. Louis game goes to OT, we are down 3-0 going into the 3rd last night and maybe the Hawks are 2-0-2 and not 4-0-0.

The first goal last night hit Crawford, don't care what the D did if the puck hits you, you need to stop it as a goalie. Yes Crawford has played better, but better isn't great, and if you ask me do I have confidence in Crawford that no matter what he can win us a game the answer is no. Not taking 2010 into account because that was a fluke not the norm how many goalies who you don't feel can atleast steal you a game here or there win a Cup? It's a small, small list.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 04:26 PM
  #214
CapitalistInfidel
Registered User
 
CapitalistInfidel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
What ifs, dude.

It's hilarious how the Crawford haters just see what they want to see. Crawford gave up 2 goals?? OMG worst goalie! Nevermind that Rozi gave the puck away on the 2nd goal and Keith & Seabs both ****ed up on the first goal. Your two "star" d-men hung their goalie out to dry there and who is to blame? Crawford. Yikes.

No kidding, those who have a seething rage for Crawford don't realize that other teams also make plays that save their goaltenders a**. To them if they didn't watch it....it didn't happen.

CapitalistInfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 05:05 PM
  #215
sketch22
Registered User
 
sketch22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,224
vCash: 1004
Crawford has only let in 6 goals so far this season. The first one (vs LA) was a point shot that he couldn't see due to a screen. The second goal (vs LA) happened after he was taken out by his own d-man. The third goal (vs STL) came on a 2-1 caused by a bad line change and Nick Leddy being way out of position. The fourth (vs STL) came on a pp and was Oshie wide open on the side of the net to tap in a rebound. The fifth (vs Dal) came on a partial break by Eriksson. The sixth (vs Dal) came when the Hawks failed to clear the zone and left Whitney wide open in front of the net.

Out of those six goals how many do you honestly think any other goalie would have stopped? And what about Crawford repeatedly shutting the door at the end of the game vs the Blues when the defense couldn't clear the puck out of the zone? Does another goalie automatically make all those saves because if Crawford could do it anyone can?

If the defense continues to repeatedly fail at clearing the puck and giving up breakaways it won't matter who is in goal because the Hawks will still have to score 3-4 goals a game to win.

sketch22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 05:29 PM
  #216
Ujjy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch22 View Post
Crawford has only let in 6 goals so far this season. The first one (vs LA) was a point shot that he couldn't see due to a screen. The second goal (vs LA) happened after he was taken out by his own d-man. The third goal (vs STL) came on a 2-1 caused by a bad line change and Nick Leddy being way out of position. The fourth (vs STL) came on a pp and was Oshie wide open on the side of the net to tap in a rebound. The fifth (vs Dal) came on a partial break by Eriksson. The sixth (vs Dal) came when the Hawks failed to clear the zone and left Whitney wide open in front of the net.

Out of those six goals how many do you honestly think any other goalie would have stopped? And what about Crawford repeatedly shutting the door at the end of the game vs the Blues when the defense couldn't clear the puck out of the zone? Does another goalie automatically make all those saves because if Crawford could do it anyone can?

If the defense continues to repeatedly fail at clearing the puck and giving up breakaways it won't matter who is in goal because the Hawks will still have to score 3-4 goals a game to win.
I have to agree with this. On a somewhat related note, if teams like Phoenix can make goalies look with their defence, why can't we?

Ujjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 05:55 PM
  #217
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 14,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujjy View Post
I have to agree with this. On a somewhat related note, if teams like Phoenix can make goalies look with their defence, why can't we?
Hawks don't play that way, more of run and gun and it suits them. These first four games remind me of the cup team.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:05 PM
  #218
BobbyJet
Registered User
 
BobbyJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dundas, Ontario. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
I still think the best top 6 is,

Stalberg, Toews, Sharp
Kane, Bolland, Hossa

or some variation of it. Saad has been playing really well but Stalberg is getting shafted a bit with Bickell and Shaw. Don't think there is really a solution other than changing it up if the Hawks need scoring in a game.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Saad looks solid, but playing on the first line, he needs to score or set up a few for his linemates. I kinda figured Q would do this as he obviously loves Saad's game ... and we are winning, so I doubt he will shuffle the top 6 at this point, but Saad needs to generate more offense. It is a short season and no team can afford to be toooo patient, waiting for a youngster to develop in the top 6, and in doing so, not have the best line combinations possible. Again, I like Saad but there is nothing wrong with him gaining experience on the 3rd line, and possibly give him some PP time to keep his confidence up.

BobbyJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:09 PM
  #219
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
This is the logic of so many people and it baffles me. The D didn't play perfectly what do you want the goalie to do? STOP THE PUCK! It's his job, again if Crawford didn't turn almost every defensive mistake into a goal then it wouldn't be an issue.

So we are going to bash our D because if they don't play perfect our goalie can't bail them out, that makes perfect sense and puts no pressure on them. "Hey guys if you don't play 100% perfect it's a goal because our goalie isn't very good" But why change anything with the goalie position it's perfect.
Uhhh, Crawford has made lots of saves when he has needed to.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:25 PM
  #220
massivegoonery
Registered User
 
massivegoonery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 11,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Saad looks solid, but playing on the first line, he needs to score or set up a few for his linemates. I kinda figured Q would do this as he obviously loves Saad's game ... and we are winning, so I doubt he will shuffle the top 6 at this point, but Saad needs to generate more offense. It is a short season and no team can afford to be toooo patient, waiting for a youngster to develop in the top 6, and in doing so, not have the best line combinations possible. Again, I like Saad but there is nothing wrong with him gaining experience on the 3rd line, and possibly give him some PP time to keep his confidence up.
Everyone loves Saad's game but you. You are always wrong about everything.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:31 PM
  #221
KyleJRM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 2,473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch22 View Post
Crawford has only let in 6 goals so far this season. The first one (vs LA) was a point shot that he couldn't see due to a screen. The second goal (vs LA) happened after he was taken out by his own d-man. The third goal (vs STL) came on a 2-1 caused by a bad line change and Nick Leddy being way out of position. The fourth (vs STL) came on a pp and was Oshie wide open on the side of the net to tap in a rebound. The fifth (vs Dal) came on a partial break by Eriksson. The sixth (vs Dal) came when the Hawks failed to clear the zone and left Whitney wide open in front of the net.

Out of those six goals how many do you honestly think any other goalie would have stopped?

I'd say 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6 were all at least theoretically stoppable.

On 1, he was taking a very weird angle to try to see around the screen and leaving two-thirds of the net open.

On 4, some rebound control would have gone a long way.

KyleJRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:39 PM
  #222
BobbyJet
Registered User
 
BobbyJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dundas, Ontario. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
Everyone loves Saad's game but you. You are always wrong about everything.

I didn't say I didn't like his game. Perhaps you should read my post again.


You make me chuckle "no hit, no grit, no face off, no finish your check" man. You are the clueless one and frankly I'm getting a bit sick of your personal attacks!

BobbyJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:53 PM
  #223
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!
 
Sir Psycho T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redwood City, CA
Posts: 3,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch22 View Post
Crawford has only let in 6 goals so far this season. The first one (vs LA) was a point shot that he couldn't see due to a screen. The second goal (vs LA) happened after he was taken out by his own d-man. The third goal (vs STL) came on a 2-1 caused by a bad line change and Nick Leddy being way out of position. The fourth (vs STL) came on a pp and was Oshie wide open on the side of the net to tap in a rebound. The fifth (vs Dal) came on a partial break by Eriksson. The sixth (vs Dal) came when the Hawks failed to clear the zone and left Whitney wide open in front of the net.

Out of those six goals how many do you honestly think any other goalie would have stopped? And what about Crawford repeatedly shutting the door at the end of the game vs the Blues when the defense couldn't clear the puck out of the zone? Does another goalie automatically make all those saves because if Crawford could do it anyone can?

If the defense continues to repeatedly fail at clearing the puck and giving up breakaways it won't matter who is in goal because the Hawks will still have to score 3-4 goals a game to win.
More then Crawford,

Yes he was screened, did he do anything about that, move to see, push the player, no he stood there as a puck flew past him.

Knocked over, and then what? He flailed around the ice like a fish instead of standing back up and making a save.

Ok, so the defense made a bad play, bail them out, instead Crawford and his weak 5 hold get picked apart by Andy McDonald, a good player but won't get confused with Stamkos anytime soon, a save he could have made.

The goal against Ericksson was all on Crawford, the puck hit him, fine it was a partial breakaway, guess what it happens, when the guy shoots the puck into you, you need to stop it.

Let's not forget the 2 times he was way out of position and Keith bailed him out stopping 2 goals, both of them in 1 goal games that could have lead to loses.

This is where crappy goaltending has left Hawks fans, when a goalie is playing good, but still making mistakes and giving up goals he shouldn't people are ready to praise him as the greatest thing to ever live.

Has Crawford been better then last year yes, do I have confidence in him to lead this team to Ws no matter what NO! He is what he is, a solid goalie who even on his best nights can't keep a puck out of the net. That doesn't win.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:09 PM
  #224
sketch22
Registered User
 
sketch22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,224
vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Has Crawford been better then last year yes, do I have confidence in him to lead this team to Ws no matter what NO! He is what he is, a solid goalie who even on his best nights can't keep a puck out of the net. That doesn't win.
So according to you if the Hawks had another goalie they would have only given up what 3 combined goals in those games? Because any other goalie would have made all the saves that Crawford made and some of the ones he didn't?

So the poke check that stopped an opposing player from being all alone in front of the net is a play that better goalies would have made as well. Shutting the door on the Blues at the end of the game when the defense couldn't clear the zone is something any other goalie would have done. Coming up with a big save on a penalty shot to keep it a one goal game against the Stars is something that any other goalie would have done.

I'm not saying Crawford is a great goalie. I'm not even saying he is a good goalie. But he has repeatedly bailed the defense out when they make bad plays. The problem is the amount of bad plays the defense is making. What I am saying is there is not a single goaltender in the league that will consistently win behind this defense if the offense isn't scoring at least 3 goals a game.

sketch22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:45 PM
  #225
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 19,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch22 View Post
Crawford has only let in 6 goals so far this season. The first one (vs LA) was a point shot that he couldn't see due to a screen. The second goal (vs LA) happened after he was taken out by his own d-man. The third goal (vs STL) came on a 2-1 caused by a bad line change and Nick Leddy being way out of position. The fourth (vs STL) came on a pp and was Oshie wide open on the side of the net to tap in a rebound. The fifth (vs Dal) came on a partial break by Eriksson. The sixth (vs Dal) came when the Hawks failed to clear the zone and left Whitney wide open in front of the net.

Out of those six goals how many do you honestly think any other goalie would have stopped? And what about Crawford repeatedly shutting the door at the end of the game vs the Blues when the defense couldn't clear the puck out of the zone? Does another goalie automatically make all those saves because if Crawford could do it anyone can?

If the defense continues to repeatedly fail at clearing the puck and giving up breakaways it won't matter who is in goal because the Hawks will still have to score 3-4 goals a game to win.
You can say with a straight face that none of the goals this year have been on Crawford? Are you a politician?

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.