HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XLVII All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 01:37 AM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
No it was against Calgary when he did the bow and arrow and everyone got mad

This

When yakupov celebrates its the best celebration ever but when subban does he's a classless piece of ****. I don't have anything against yakupov's celebration I just don't understand how subban gets such a bad rap for this stuff. Then again we'll see if anyone reacts to it tomorrow, but I doubt it, actually I think he's gonna get a lot of praise for it

I didn't have a problem with the celebration, however to put it in perspective, it was in the game against CGY when we blew a 3-0 lead (or was it 4-0?) and some of the others were of the mindset that they shouldn't be celebrating what was an awful breakdown. Gomez was the one I remember who everyone analyzed as not coming over to congratulate and celebrate as enthusiastically. Personally, I'd love to see PK back on the ice, levelling Yakupov and wiping that grin off his face. (Not that I care about the celebration, I just want Nail to Fail against us.)

Old
01-25-2013, 01:42 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipergtx18 View Post
How can u compare a 22 year old Kadri to a 18 year old Gally.
Because I'm trolling.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:43 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
Arpon Basu is on the same wavelength and posted this link.
http://t.co/WqY2qwmd
It only show what Gomez really was, an idiot.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:46 AM
vipergtx18*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Because I'm trolling.
and FYI Galchenyuk>>>>Kadri hans down already.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:00 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
yakupov slalomed his way out of the ever tightening circle of teammates coming to congratulate him, it was comical how he was trying to escape their congratulating clutches. it's like when kovalev gifted huberdeau his first NHL goal with a great pass and huberdeau goes out of his way to ignore kovalev in his celebration. i find it cheap is all...

Old
01-25-2013, 08:06 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
I guess my question relates to this thread, so I'll go ahead and ask it. Ohh, and good morning everyone after a sweet victory against the Caps yesterday.

What are your opinions on the current paths of both the Washington Capitals and the San Jose Sharks? Do you think the Caps will keep on struggling through the entire season and will the Sharks end up winning their division?

I'm asking, because me and some of my friends made a fantasy pool and I've got Ovechkin and Backstrom. Since we're allowed one trade until the mid-mark of the season, and Pavelski hasn't been picked up yet (only two people left with the trade), I'm really debating on trading one of my forwards (either Ovechkin or Brunner) for Pavelski. The other guy (trade left) has Thornton and Marleau, and I feel like he's going to pounce on Pavelski real soon. I just can't see Ovechkin not reaching the 20 goal mark in a 48 game season, but I'm really considering it. And, I don't think it's highly probable that the Sharks' first line (Marleau-Thornton-Pavelski) keeps its production rate at the same level. What do you guys think?

Old
01-25-2013, 08:07 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/...d-together-cox

Old
01-25-2013, 08:10 AM
The Right Price

Capitals won't make post-season play this year. Oates is just not cut for the headcoach job it seems and even if they would be able to turn that ship around it will be too late in a 48 game season.

Ironically, their play has just gotten worse and worse since Boudreau was sacked. Although I like GMGM, he has been making odd moves recently and I feel Leonsis will give him the boot rather sooner than later. They have a few lockerroom cancers there as well in Ribeiro and Neuvirth.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:13 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Right Price View Post
Capitals won't make post-season play this year. Oates is just not cut for the headcoach job it seems and even if they would be able to turn that ship around it will be too late in a 48 game season.

Ironically, their play has just gotten worse and worse since Boudreau was sacked. Although I like GMGM, he has been making odd moves recently and I feel Leonsis will give him the boot rather sooner than later. They have a few lockerroom cancers there as well in Ribeiro and Neuvirth.
Is Ribeiro actually a cancer already after 3 games?

Old
01-25-2013, 08:16 AM
Maverik

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
yakupov slalomed his way out of the ever tightening circle of teammates coming to congratulate him, it was comical how he was trying to escape their congratulating clutches. it's like when kovalev gifted huberdeau his first NHL goal with a great pass and huberdeau goes out of his way to ignore kovalev in his celebration. i find it cheap is all...
Except that it was Mueller who fed him the pass

Old
01-25-2013, 08:23 AM
Maverik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Read first part.. watched replay, stopped reading.

What a tool.. Phaneuf had one guy, Kostka the other, and the rest of his guys grabbed another uninterested partner. That must mean they all hate Phaneuf..

Old
01-25-2013, 09:09 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:

Boudreau was right but how do you bench a star when he is told from day 1 he can do what ever he wants. Anyways the right coach is going to be hard to find for them, someone that's going to have carte Blanche but even Hunter last year got slammed despite eliminating the SC champs

Old
01-25-2013, 12:17 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
Except that it was Mueller who fed him the pass
really?

ok, cool.

its absolutely beside my point, but ok, thanks for the clarifications. jesus could have fed him that puck for all i care...

Old
01-25-2013, 02:09 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
really?

ok, cool.

its absolutely beside my point, but ok, thanks for the clarifications. jesus could have fed him that puck for all i care...
He scored his second career goal, 4.7 seconds left in the game against the defending Cup champions. I don't care if the kid did a full backflip into the fifth row, he had every right to celebrate and get excited.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:13 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
He scored his second career goal, 4.7 seconds left in the game against the defending Cup champions. I don't care if the kid did a full backflip into the fifth row, he had every right to celebrate and get excited.
True. It was a bit much in terms of...style (I thought I was watching an opera when he looked like he was going to weep), but still totally ok.

I wonder, though, if one compares to how PK gets treated by the opposition, if this opens the door to other teams crushing Yakupov. There's sort of an unwritten rule about rookies, but PK got so much crap. I'd like to see Yakupov deal with a little more heat aside from Quick giving him the stink eye. He's not unlike Ovechkin who does that stuff to this day so the celebration thing is, if anything, so passé.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:17 PM
Bloumeister
Certifiable

From the Photoshop thread on the main board:

YAK TO THE FUTURE

Old
01-25-2013, 02:18 PM
Bloumeister
Certifiable

Yakupov goal & celebration for those who haven't seen it:

Old
01-25-2013, 02:24 PM
BLONG7

I like when the guys get excited on goal celebrations...it's all about entertainment....the NHL needs more of it, not less...

Old
01-25-2013, 02:32 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
I like when the guys get excited on goal celebrations...it's all about entertainment....the NHL needs more of it, not less...
The added defense of it is the situation. If anyone was watching that game - holy crap did the Oilers get jobbed all night and then for RNH's tying goal to be allowed, then disallowed off a bs interference call, it was too much. There was no way they were going to tie it after that. No way. Then that goal, which required perfect execution from all players on the ice and a sweet bat for Yakupov, pretty sure every fan wanted to do that.

If he starts doing it after every goal (celebrations as if he just ate some "candy", 2/2 now), then it might get annoying/stale.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:48 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I thought it was pretty over the top and silly, but I'm not letting it ruin my life the way some people on the main board are

It's almost like Yakupov found all the personality that Ovechkin lost (or that was beaten out of him by the media after being in the NHL for so long)

Old
01-25-2013, 02:54 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
From the Photoshop thread on the main board:

YAK TO THE FUTURE

Good timing with the scoreboard clicking over to "1" as he combusts, and nice work by the spotlight guy during the "celly" too. Good show. 4.7/5

Old
01-25-2013, 03:06 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:

Ribeiro is terrible, I'd never add that guy. Definition of lockeroom cancer.

As for Oates... he's in a tough spot. Short season, no training camp... that's brutal. And it's not like his team doesn't have great talent on it. Last season the Caps got off to something like an 8-1 start or something and then Backstrom went down. OV should've picked up the slack but he just seems to have gone away now.

Green and Backstrom got hurt, OV went away... not sure how you come back from that. They'd better hope their top players turn it around soon because they're not looking good. And as I said in another thread, I can't believe how far OV has fallen.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:11 PM
DJ Breadman

Great celebration every player should do the same, huge reason why nhl is ignoredi n the us is because there are no personalitys, right or wrong it's true. Look at the sports ahead of hockey in the US Baseketball they celebrate after every basket or dunk lots of trash talking and mean muggin. Watch football it's the same deal every tackle, every score. Same thing in baseball after a home run they pimp the bat, after a big hit they are doing hand symbols to the bench, hockey is the only "boring" sport when it comes to this sort of thing

Old
01-25-2013, 03:28 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

its all good... looked like futbol

Old
01-25-2013, 03:40 PM
Kriss E

I loved Yakupov's celebration. Hockey is so stuck up it's pathetic.
It was funny and adds excitement. Also, it creates rivalries, which is always better. You think the Kings liked that celebration? They won't forget it.
Heck, this happens in garage leagues. Score a goal and celebrate like a maniac, if the opposing team scores, they're gonna cheer even louder. Then the intensity rises.

Screw anybody that's seriously criticizing the kid. Let them celebrate, who cares. They have every right to be excited. Just look at how fans react. They jump up and down, scream as loud as they can, smile hug their friends/family, so imagine how the guy that scored actually feels. Let him do wtv he pleases.

Closed Thread