HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton-Toronto

Old
01-23-2013, 01:48 PM
dkny1121*

vCash: 500
Nothing I want from Toronto, we need a #1 D which they do not have and a good Physical #2 C which they do not have.

dkny1121* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:38 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Edmonton gets shafted with this trade and the proposal doesn't address the needs of the Oilers.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:12 PM
Auger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew View Post
How does this make any sense from the Leafs perspective?
It's not suppose to, it's what I would be asking for if I was dealing Yakupov. OPs deal is Gardiner + crap. Why would I trade a first overall for Gardiner when I'd much rather have Rielly and he was a 5th that I could have gotten if I wanted to.

Auger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:02 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
If Oilfan and MPStoEberleToHall had a kid... this is what their kid's hockey proposal would look like.

Edmonton gives up a young prospect who's got infinite potential and who's looking good in a top 6 role right now and in return they get someone to steal Whitney's job on the third pairing an inconsistent 2nd/3rd line tweener and a b grade prospect.

Really, where's the beef? Where in this proposals lies a player Edmonton should be remotely interested in trading Yakupov for? Gardiner? I'll take either of Schultz or Petry over him any day of the week. If you think that opinion is crazy, then why would Toronto want to give him up? Toronto's blueline is hurting already as it is and this trade doesn't improve their roster from an area of weakness.

Hfboards 2013 New Years resolution should be: No more insane proposals which do nothing for either team.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:43 AM
D3ADLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
If Oilfan and MPStoEberleToHall had a kid... this is what their kid's hockey proposal would look like.

Edmonton gives up a young prospect who's got infinite potential and who's looking good in a top 6 role right now and in return they get someone to steal Whitney's job on the third pairing an inconsistent 2nd/3rd line tweener and a b grade prospect.

Really, where's the beef? Where in this proposals lies a player Edmonton should be remotely interested in trading Yakupov for? Gardiner? I'll take either of Schultz or Petry over him any day of the week. If you think that opinion is crazy, then why would Toronto want to give him up? Toronto's blueline is hurting already as it is and this trade doesn't improve their roster from an area of weakness.

Hfboards 2013 New Years resolution should be: No more insane proposals which do nothing for either team.
It's not an insane proposal the whole point of proposal is that there is counter proposal. No GM accepts the first deal they get they want the other team to add and see how badly that team really wants the player (in this case Yakupov). Now if you say give me Kessel Gardiner Rielly for Yak it's also considered a childish act but if you counter with your needs than that is called progress and maybe this thread can be looked at why or why not this trade can/can't happen.
Thanks to all that replied.

D3ADLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:54 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3ADLY View Post
It's not an insane proposal the whole point of proposal is that there is counter proposal. No GM accepts the first deal they get they want the other team to add and see how badly that team really wants the player (in this case Yakupov). Now if you say give me Kessel Gardiner Rielly for Yak it's also considered a childish act but if you counter with your needs than that is called progress and maybe this thread can be looked at why or why not this trade can/can't happen.
After Yaks performance tonight, you couldn't be more wrong. It might be safe to say that TO does not have what it takes to trade for Yakupov. The Oilers do not need the D TO would be offering and other then that there isn't much else. Yes the Oilers would even pass on Kessel.

Note I'm not a Yakupov fan, but he sure impressed me against the Kings.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:56 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:

Old
01-25-2013, 09:07 AM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Why would they trade for Yak, if anythiing, they would go after RNH.

Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:00 AM
FireEverybody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auger View Post
Rielly + Gardiner for Yakupov.

Yakupov was the first overall this year and Rielly the 5th. The difference between the two? Gardiner
Too much for the Leafs to give.
I agree Oilers would want Rielly+ though. Got to think the leafs would target someone that suits our needs better if unloading our best prospects.

FireEverybody* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:08 AM
zeus3007*

Nope.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:54 AM
roboninja
EYG

vCash: 717
I'll admit, after last night I am more hesitant on trading Yakupov than I had previously been.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Twix
Patch of velcro

Oilers would never trade Yakupov unless it's a massive overpayment and I don't blame them. Why would they trade any of their core players now? Makes no sense to do that.

Twix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:57 AM
caribouPINE

Quote:
they get someone to steal Whitney's job on the third pairing
Yup!

Jake Gardiner.

#Thirdpairingdefenceman

caribouPINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:32 AM
HitmanKiller12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
You'd be better off trying to get Eberle or Hall from Edmonton.
Or none of them, cause the oilers need nothing the leafs are offering. Edmonton has needs for a top pairing defensive defenceman under the age of 25 to pair with schultz. Or a top 6 power forward in the mold of a david backes or milan lucic. Just not happening with the leafs.

HitmanKiller12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:39 AM
HitmanKiller12

Quote:
Progress would be the dial tone nonis would hear after tambo hangs up.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:44 AM
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.

If I was to offer top price, I'd go after Eberle instead of Yakupov. Can Eberle still play C or is he permanently a winger now? Not like it matters much to us, but I'm just wondering.

Flowzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:46 AM
12345*

The funny thing is, Oilers fan think they are going to keep 5 superstar forwards on 1 team.

1. Cap
2. Team Revenue

Good luck.

12345* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:52 AM
HitmanKiller12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
The funny thing is, Oilers fan think they are going to keep 5 superstar forwards on 1 team.

1. Cap
2. Team Revenue

Good luck.
1. Look at chicago. This has been covered many times before.

2. Edmonton has been in the top half of the leagues profitable teams for the last three years if you believe in forbes. The same three years they were at the bottom of the league. Oiler fans are among the most loyal in the nhl. Edmonton also just got approved for a half a billion dollar arena to be complete for 2016 season. Revenues will only go up with more seats to fill and playoffs in our future.

Do your research before you slander the oilers.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:56 AM
Pucklington

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitmanKiller12 View Post
1. Look at chicago. This has been covered many times before.

2. Edmonton has been in the top half of the leagues profitable teams for the last three years if you believe in forbes. The same three years they were at the bottom of the league. Oiler fans are among the most loyal in the nhl. Edmonton also just got approved for a half a billion dollar arena to be complete for 2016 season. Revenues will only go up with more seats to fill and playoffs in our future.

Do your research before you slander the oilers.
And they already locked up Hall, and Eberle to long term deals. Great deals compared to the ones that were handed out too.

Pucklington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:45 PM
Homesick

vCash: 50
Quote:
I know that Oilers love having 3 1st pick from as many years and will be very hesitant to move any of them in a trade. I also have a feeling this might take a wrong turn but i will still try this out..

To Toronto Maple Leafs
Nail Yakupov

To Edmonton Oilers
Jake Gardiner
Joe Colborne/Matt Frattin
Clarke MacArthur

I am not sure if i am giving up too much or too less from leafs perspective but would Love to see Nail Yakupov in a Leafs sweater. What do both fan bases think? and with reasonable thoughts please.
Counter
Leafs: Petry, Hemsky, Curtis Hamilton
Oilers: Kessel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post

1. Cap
2. Team Revenue

Good luck.
Hall and Eberle for 6.0 for the next 5+ seasons. Name your bet for RNH on a similar contract. The three of those contracts would be close to the Crosby/Malkin contracts(17.4).

Chicago has Teows, Kane, Sharp, and Hossa making 23.775 million. So if RNH, and Yakupov are as good as Hall/Ebs and they buy into the team they will be at 24 million for their top 4 players.

Maybe before posting you should actually look at the market and you'll see that a lot of teams top 4 forwards make around 24 million. Now thats funny

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:39 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Counter
Leafs: Petry, Hemsky, Curtis Hamilton
Oilers: Kessel

Hall and Eberle for 6.0 for the next 5+ seasons. Name your bet for RNH on a similar contract. The three of those contracts would be close to the Crosby/Malkin contracts(17.4).

Chicago has Teows, Kane, Sharp, and Hossa making 23.775 million. So if RNH, and Yakupov are as good as Hall/Ebs and they buy into the team they will be at 24 million for their top 4 players.

Maybe before posting you should actually look at the market and you'll see that a lot of teams top 4 forwards make around 24 million. Now thats funny
Brutal offer, Petry has become a rock at D and the Oilers need a big tough winger and Kessel is definitely not that. Cannot believe a Oiler fan made this offer.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:14 PM
archangel archangel

vCash: 50
Oiler fans need to realize that their kids are not that good and most will be traded for scraps in a few years when the oilers realize they wasted three first over all picks

archangel archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 04:56 PM
OptimusReimer34

Yeah sorry as much as I like Yak...

1. That package in the OP wouldn't be enough for us to get Yak

2. We don't need anymore wingers!!!

OptimusReimer34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 05:01 PM
OptimusReimer34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auger View Post
Rielly + Gardiner for Yakupov.

Yakupov was the first overall this year and Rielly the 5th. The difference between the two? Gardiner
yeah..yeah no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
You'd be better off trying to get Eberle or Hall from Edmonton.
Out of curiosity, do you think the package the OP suggested would be enough for either of them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcrazycanuck View Post
Oiler fans need to realize that their kids are not that good and most will be traded for scraps in a few years when the oilers realize they wasted three first over all picks
That was sarcasm..right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1121 View Post
Nothing I want from Toronto, we need a #1 D which they do not have and a good Physical #2 C which they do not have.
I can give you the #2 C but Uhm Phaneuf is a number one D-man

OptimusReimer34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 05:01 PM
dkny1121*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcrazycanuck View Post
0 Cups rots the mind

dkny1121* is offline   Reply With Quote