Penguins @ Jets | Fri Jan 25 | 7 PM | MTS Centre | "Finally Hockey"

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 03:12 PM
ghost88*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Chuck View Post
Just WOW at some of the comments...... It's just HAIR people.
Stop making so much sense.

Too bad it'll be used as more fuel for people with emotional issues who are upset every time a 21 year old has fun.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:14 PM
GrandChelems

vCash: 2209
[mod]

Call me old, as in I learned from books not the internet, but a spade is a shovel.

And for what's it's worth (that's FWIW to you), I think it's stupid because I did it once too ... had initial's shaved in my head ... but I was fourteen. Fourteen! By fifteen I thought it was dumb. If I saw anyone 20 years old with that I'd splurt my beer ... by god the man has turned professional, he should get out more.

I'm done on this. I just enjoy winding up those of y'all who are saying don't get all wound up. Joke's on you...

Last edited by Jet: 01-25-2013 at 03:53 PM. Reason: qdp
Old
01-25-2013, 03:15 PM
PaperRockChamp

vCash: 50
Sunshine36616

I never knew that! Googled it.. interesting, cheers!

Old
01-25-2013, 03:16 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChelems View Post
No, he is a knob for getting a stupid looking haircut, famous or not. If I showed you a picture of of a downbeat gangsta wannabe loser that bums smokes off of people at the bus stop outside of MTS with the same haircut you'd say the same thing. To some people it's just lame, no matter hwo's wearing it.
So if the "downbeat gangsta wannabe" had a boring corporate haircut he would be better than if he had Kane's haircut?
That is a ridiculous [mod] comment.

Last edited by Jet: 01-25-2013 at 03:52 PM. Reason: lets not make assumptions.
Old
01-25-2013, 03:19 PM
Howard Chuck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Seeing all of these people get bent out of shape over this haircut kind of makes me like Kane even more. Go out and score goals, kid. Shove it in their faces.

You know, I find it kind of ironic, and maybe I'm just out of the loop on this, but many love to jump on Kane when he does something, Gary Lawless for example, then the articles come out. Did Gary Lawless write a nice article during the long, boring lockout when Kane got fans to make him a Twitter wallpaper? and what did Kane do again, give the winner a signed stick or something? then he ended up giving the 2 finalists signed sticks or jerseys or what not.

Hey, if you're gunna kick the kid when you think he does wrong, you should probably praise him when he does right. I know Evander has done some questionable things, and I don't agree with some of those things, but I also think he's a kid learning to be a professional athlete paid millions in a BIG yet small market.

As for his hair, it's his damn head and if he wants to do whatever makes him happy that's his own right so long as it's appropriate and not offensive, etc. People want to lose their **** over this? Have they seen some of the PERMANENT tattoos on some of these NHL'ers???
Amen Guerzy! Go Kane!

Old
01-25-2013, 03:26 PM
s1g

Quote:
Seeing all of these people get bent out of shape over this haircut kind of makes me like Kane even more. Go out and score goals, kid. Shove it in their faces.

You know, I find it kind of ironic, and maybe I'm just out of the loop on this, but many love to jump on Kane when he does something, Gary Lawless for example, then the articles come out. Did Gary Lawless write a nice article during the long, boring lockout when Kane got fans to make him a Twitter wallpaper? and what did Kane do again, give the winner a signed stick or something? then he ended up giving the 2 finalists signed sticks or jerseys or what not.
Yup. I agree. I was a little upset listening to the radio when Lawless was talking about how Kane should have been at training camp early. How dare he not show up? The young superstar of the team, just being lazy!

However, I later found out via twitter that it wasn't just Kane who hadn't arrived yet. Antropov, Wellwood, and a few other guys also weren't there. Yet, Kane was the one being singled out?

I think we're being a bit unfair to him. Let's cut the guy a break (no pun intended).

Old
01-25-2013, 03:28 PM
Howard Chuck
HFBoards Sponsor

Oh yeah, there's a hockey game tonight!!!!

I'm glad to see that Wright is in again. I thought he looked pretty good against the Caps, but I'd like to see more.

Go Jets!

Old
01-25-2013, 03:28 PM
Yukon Joe

vCash: 624
If we're going to criticize people for off-ice issues, lets talk about Pavs and his drunk driving conviction, not Kane's haircut.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:31 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:

Hey, if you're gunna kick the kid when you think he does wrong, you should probably praise him when he does right. I know Evander has done some questionable things, and I don't agree with some of those things, but I also think he's a kid learning to be a professional athlete paid millions in a BIG yet small market.

As for his hair, it's his damn head and if he wants to do whatever makes him happy that's his own right so long as it's appropriate and not offensive, etc. People want to lose their **** over this? Have they seen some of the PERMANENT tattoos on some of these NHL'ers??? .. this is only a haircut. I'd rather Kane look like he does than have him show up looking like Joe Corvo or Brent Burns. That is embarrassing and it looks like neither grown man has a clue in **** how to groom or take care of himself.
Again though, who cares. I mean I like to be well-groomed. Friends call me a 'metrosexual'. But I don't make judgment calls on how people dress, or any element of their personal style actually.

Nowadays I wear a buzz-cut but in the past my hair has been blonde, purple, brown, red, and orange. It's just hair.

I live in Osborne village, and sometimes co-workers talk about the 'freaks' that frequent that area. That bothers me somewhat; these are just people. One of the reasons I love the village because you run into all sorts of sub-cultures there as far as appearances go. You have goths, punks, hipsters, hip-hopsters, suits, grungers, skaters, prepsters...you get everything. That's cool.

Like I said, everyone needs to express themselves through personal appearance. Let them do it and don't judge them by their personal style or any sub-culture they may have found themselves drawn to. I have some great friends who are body-modded, tattooed, no hair, long hair, bright hair. People who dress great and some others who just roll out of bed and wear whatever. We get along great, and if I had adopted some narrow minded 'clothes make the man' mentality I probably would never have made these friends.

Life is hard enough without people making judgment calls on you based on your style. Just let people be people.

Old
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Oh well, enough talk about Kane.

Do we know tonights hair-cut?... er. Line-up?

Old
GrandChelems

vCash: 2209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Joe View Post
If we're going to criticize people for off-ice issues, lets talk about Pavs and his drunk driving conviction, not Kane's haircut.
Pavelec got judged in the court of law, Kane will have to serve his in the court of public opinion!

Anyway, speaking of Pavelec, does he get the start? Any lineup changes tonight?

Old
01-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Tintin's Ghost

What's with all the metrosexuals in this thread and the main board talking about another man's haircut? Kane could get a penis shaved into his head and still score more (on and off the ice) than most could ever dream of. Dude's got it going on.

Feel good for tonight's game. Hope to hear a raucous MTS crowd and see Kaner with the money phone celly after he scores.

GO JETS GO

Old
01-25-2013, 03:38 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:
I don't think people calling Kane's haircut are getting bent out of shape. Sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade. What a knob end.
Right... heaven forbid someone in hockey wants to be different!

Oh noes, he got a strange haircut!

Oh noes, Yakupov celebrated too much!

Sheesh.

01-25-2013, 03:39 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

I'm not proud of this, but I went through an Eminem faze in my early high school years.

I had a lot of haters hating but I just brushed it off my shoulder when I told them I am whatever they say I am, if I wasn't then why would I say I am.

Nuff said.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:41 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
I'm not proud of this, but I went through an Eminem faze in my early high school years.

I had a lot of haters hating but I just brushed it off my shoulder when I told them I am whatever they say I am, if I wasn't then why would I say I am.

Nuff said.
This was you wasn't it...

Old
01-25-2013, 03:42 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Oh you *******.

To be fair I did have the one arm backpack that went across the body, like a G.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:43 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:
No, he is a knob for getting a stupid looking haircut, famous or not. If I showed you a picture of of a downbeat gangsta wannabe loser that bums smokes off of people at the bus stop outside of MTS with the same haircut you'd say the same thing. To some people it's just lame, no matter hwo's wearing it.
This post is chock full of wrong.

Why are you comparing Evander Kane to a wannabe loser? He is a highly trained professional at the top of his career. Unless you are a millionaire you are much closer to that guy at the bus stop than he.

Should every hockey player dress, act and talk the very same way? How damn boring would that be?

Old
01-25-2013, 03:45 PM
PaperRockChamp

HF sucks today.

Also, that is just my opinion.

EDIT: The greatest player in the world is here, we are about to destroy the Penguins in a Friday night battle, and we allowed the main board bs to trickle over here.

I'm not upset, just disappointed.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:50 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:

As for his hair, it's his damn head and if he wants to do whatever makes him happy that's his own right so long as it's appropriate and not offensive, etc. People want to lose their **** over this? Have they seen some of the PERMANENT tattoos on some of these NHL'ers??? .. this is only a haircut. I'd rather Kane look like he does than have him show up looking like Joe Corvo or Brent Burns. That is embarrassing and it looks like neither grown man has a clue in **** how to groom or take care of himself.
Halle-friggin-lujah!!!!

I have NEVER seen a sport outside of hockey where anyone who isn't some grain fed dope from Saskatchewan is more villified or hated.

Celebrate too much? Bad!
Look different? Bad!
Speak your mind? Bad!
Try and innovate? Bad!

It's the most old school, back woods thinking old boys club I've ever seen and it's tiresome. I want to see variety, personality, fun!

Old
01-25-2013, 03:51 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
OMG Kane's trade value averaged out over HF must have dropped huge today!!

I estimate it now sits between Alexandre Daigle and the two Sedin twins combined into one.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:51 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

gosh I hope this game starts soon...

Old
01-25-2013, 03:52 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
gosh I hope this game starts soon...
3 more hours......

Old
01-25-2013, 03:53 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
Again though, who cares. I mean I like to be well-groomed. Friends call me a 'metrosexual'. But I don't make judgment calls on how people dress, or any element of their personal style actually.

Nowadays I wear a buzz-cut but in the past my hair has been blonde, purple, brown, red, and orange. It's just hair.

I live in Osborne village, and sometimes co-workers talk about the 'freaks' that frequent that area. That bothers me somewhat; these are just people. One of the reasons I love the village because you run into all sorts of sub-cultures there as far as appearances go. You have goths, punks, hipsters, hip-hopsters, suits, grungers, skaters, prepsters...you get everything. That's cool.

Like I said, everyone needs to express themselves through personal appearance. Let them do it and don't judge them by their personal style or any sub-culture they may have found themselves drawn to. I have some great friends who are body-modded, tattooed, no hair, long hair, bright hair. People who dress great and some others who just roll out of bed and wear whatever. We get along great, and if I had adopted some narrow minded 'clothes make the man' mentality I probably would never have made these friends.

Life is hard enough without people making judgment calls on you based on your style. Just let people be people.
This. I don't want to have anyone other than family in y life that doesn't think this way. MYOFB = mind your own..business

Old
01-25-2013, 03:55 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

So, how many people actually think that we are worse off facing Vokun tonight?

Old
01-25-2013, 03:56 PM
MrGrinch

Wow, just logged into ticketmaster and picked up 2 Row 1 tickets in section 105 for tonight!!! My wife is gonna KILL me for the price!!!

Closed Thread