HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Clowe, Murray, and Greiss at the deadline

Old
01-25-2013, 03:36 PM
BrianSmith
Chokers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
Well, Winnik was useless (as predicted) and so far Galliardi couldn't hold McGinn's jock. I would take McGinn back in a heartbeat. A 3rd line of McGinn-Sheppard-Wingels would be fantastic. Between the 2 of them, Wingels and McGinn could put way more of the fear into opposition players than Clowe ever could, just by playing the opposition "hard". And while McGinn is a borderline Top-6 at the moment, he's still a better option than anyone else in the Sharks org.

I said it at the time, and I'll say it again, the McGinn trade was one of DW's MANY stupid trades. It was just one of the more recent ones.
McGinn trade was terrible, absolutely terrible. I don't know what DW was thinking. Errr makes me angry just thinking about it. He would have been IDEAL on our third line this year - we'd actual have some of the depth we want.

BrianSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:43 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Well, Winnik was useless (as predicted) and so far Galliardi couldn't hold McGinn's jock. I would take McGinn back in a heartbeat. A 3rd line of McGinn-Sheppard-Wingels would be fantastic. Between the 2 of them, Wingels and McGinn could put way more of the fear into opposition players than Clowe ever could, just by playing the opposition "hard". And while McGinn is a borderline Top-6 at the moment, he's still a better option than anyone else in the Sharks org.
I mean, I would take McGinn back in a heartbeat, but I wouldn't trade Clowe for him.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:49 PM
Gilligans Island

Could you imagine a McGinn - Gomez - Wingels line? That'd be nuts.

Oh well.

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 04:02 PM
WTFetus
Most popular

Quote:
Well, Winnik was useless (as predicted) and so far Galliardi couldn't hold McGinn's jock.
Have you watched Galiardi this season? In my opinion, he's been better this season than McGinn has been last. He's a better possession player, an underrated passer, a lot better defensively, a better forechecker, and he actually PKs. The only thing McGinn has over him is physicality and his shot.
Don't get me wrong, the trade was still bad since we probably could have got Galiardi for scraps, but he's better than McGinn in my opinion.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote