HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Oilers win 2-1: Overcoming Adversity.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:25 PM
T-Funk

vCash: 1020
They're just upset overpaid Garrison has no points and Schultz has 3

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:26 PM
hossy316

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to hossy316
Anytime an official has to explain themselves that many times, to both players and coaches, in the first 30 mins of this game, you have to know you're doing a poor job. Wow

hossy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:38 PM
Dabomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Coleman View Post
Oh man, CP is losing it over Yak's celebration.
Yak showed more emotion last night than any Flame has in the last 3 years. It must hurt to be a Flame fans these days and have to witness whats going on with their team and the team up north.

Dabomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:40 PM
awesomo
HARD!

CP better get use to it. What are they gonna do, complain 20 times?

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:14 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
CP better get use to it. What are they gonna do, complain 20 times?
Well if a page is a complaint, then they have complained 17 times as of right now.

The funniest posts are the "WAIT TILL SARICH SMOKES HIM INTO THE BOARDS!"
Or... "THAT WAS SO CLASSLESS AND HE IS SUCH A GOOF AND THE FLAMES ARE TOO GOOD FOR THAT KIND OF GARBAGE... WE SHOULD DO THAT WITH EVERY GOAL WE SCORE AGAINST THE OILERS ON SATURDAY!! THAT WILL TEACH THEM HEHEHEHE"

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:16 PM
Pressure
#fireEakins Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
BS, it came across loud and clear even on the TV. It was an emotionally fueled game with piss poor officiating and our younger players will to win coming to the forefront.
edit nm misread statements

Last edited by Pressure: 01-25-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Pressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:29 PM
Hitchslap

vCash: 50
Quote:
Eric Belanger wasn’t crazy about the celebration, but also admitted he’s an old school thinker.. Doesn’t expect Yakupov to do it again Ryan Rishaug (@TSNRyanRishaug)
https://twitter.com/TSNRyanRishaug/s...08918570827776

I think Belanger should shut the **** up and not talk about a guy who is going to be 100x the player he ever was. Sorry if this was posted already.

Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:30 PM
Moose Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabomb View Post
Yak showed more emotion last night than any Flame has in the last 3 years. It must hurt to be a Flame fans these days and have to witness whats going on with their team and the team up north.
They clearly spend a lot more time thinking about us than we do about them and it kills them.

Moose Coleman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:35 PM
plikestechno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchslap View Post

I think Belanger should shut the **** up and not talk about a guy who is going to be 100x the player he ever was. Sorry if this was posted already.
Yep if there's one thing I'm tired of in the 21st Century it's boring people whining about everyone that isn't just like them. Let people live. I told Rishaug as much in a reply to that tweet. He's been hammering on Yakupov about this since the summer camps.

All the goal celebrations over the years and everyone wants to dump on this guy. It's borderline racist the way North American media, some players and some fans treat Russian players. It's a shame seeing how Ovechkin's behaviour has been dumped on and stifled over the years and I think he's a worse player now because of it. Because people have leaned on him for playing at full emotion for too long. Taken his heart out of it. I hope the same doesn't happen to Yakupov. Why can't people just take him as he is. Let him live, dammit!

Belanger is being a worse teammate than Yakupov in this situation. How about keeping it in the room, you useless sack? Isn't that something good ol North American boys are supposed to do to?

Last edited by plikestechno: 01-25-2013 at 03:46 PM.
plikestechno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:46 PM
RipsADrive
Maybe next year?

I think Rishaug took Belanger a bit out of context.

Looking at the other guy's interviews they all mentioned that they were very supportive of Yak given the situation. They mostly mentioned too that he would have to understand that there's a time and a place for that type of thing which I think is fair.

RipsADrive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:47 PM
plikestechno

Rishaug personally doesn't like it and has never liked it so he keeps harping on it. He can go back to telling us what happened in the game and what the score was at anytime now. No one cares what he thinks about anything outside of what happened on the ice.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:48 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
3) We need to re-arrange our top-6. That top-line just isn't working for us.
you mean the top line which was 8 points through 3 games? 1 PPG, 0.66 PPG, 1 PPG... yeah, those are terrible numbers

jadeddog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:50 PM
plikestechno

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
you mean the top line which was 8 points through 3 games? 1 PPG, 0.66 PPG, 1 PPG... yeah, those are terrible numbers
5 on 5 they are awful though. Think you have to throw Gagner up between Hall and Ebs and put the Nuge with Yak and Hemsky.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:51 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
I'm on about my 15th replay of the highlights, and I still get chills. What a game

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:51 PM
Sdeol44

Quote:
Originally Posted by plikestechno View Post
Yep if there's one thing I'm tired of in the 21st Century it's boring people whining about everyone that isn't just like them. Let people live. I told Rishaug as much in a reply to that tweet. He's been hammering on Yakupov about this since the summer camps.

All the goal celebrations over the years and everyone wants to dump on this guy. It's borderline racist the way North American media, some players and some fans treat Russian players. It's a shame seeing how Ovechkin's behaviour has been dumped on and stifled over the years and I think he's a worse player now because of it. Because people have leaned on him for playing at full emotion for too long. Taken his heart out of it. I hope the same doesn't happen to Yakupov. Why can't people just take him as he is. Let him live, dammit!

Belanger is being a worse teammate than Yakupov in this situation. How about keeping it in the room, you useless sack? Isn't that something good ol North American boys are supposed to do to?
Yeah i don't get why Belanger says anything about it, especially since our team captain was all smiles today about it , seemed like he truly enjoyed it, and said clearly "it doesn't bother us in the room".

Sdeol44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:52 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
5 on 5 they are awful though. Think you have to throw Gagner up between Hall and Ebs and put the Nuge with Yak and Hemsky.
Why would you do something like that? Gags and Yak are our best "pairing" right now. If anyone moves down, it defaults to Eberle

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:54 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem View Post
That top line just isn't working.
please tell me you are kidding, and forgot the sarcasm emoticon

2 of them are PPG players so far and the other has had TONS of chances and is a 0.66 PPG player.... "That top line just isn't working" is *crazy talk*, and nothing less

Old
01-25-2013, 04:02 PM
The Bored Man

vCash: 537
Quote:
Gotta get Hemsky more ice time.

The Bored Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 04:06 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
i gues i'm just willing to give them more than 3 games to get going, especially when RNH has had about 4 very near misses... if he buries 2 of them, we're not having this conversation (we shouldn't be having it as it is)

i'm not really against gagner between them, i think he would do fine... but lets see how RNH does before we change just for the sake of changing

Old
01-25-2013, 04:07 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Rishaug personally doesn't like it and has never liked it so he keeps harping on it. He can go back to telling us what happened in the game and what the score was at anytime now. No one cares what he thinks about anything outside of what happened on the ice.
yeah pretty much this... rishaug clearly has a bone to pick about yakupov for some reason, and he keeps harping on it, even when all the players keep saying that everybody loves the kid... rishaug is being a grade A arse about it all actually

Old
01-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Nail has a 22.2 shooting %

Sustainable??

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 1206
Quote:
yeah pretty much this... rishaug clearly has a bone to pick about yakupov for some reason, and he keeps harping on it, even when all the players keep saying that everybody loves the kid... rishaug is being a grade A arse about it all actually
I used to like Rishaug, I can't stand him after how hard he has been going after Yakupov and his enthusiasm. Who made Rishaug the decider of all things acceptable? Give it a rest you goof.

Puritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 04:16 PM
scid14

vCash: 50
On the bright side, our captain has been saying all the right things about the situation.

scid14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 04:16 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchslap View Post

be intersting to hear audio of what belanger actually said, but if its not out by now it likely won't be

i think it's pretty widely known that belanger was moping around in the lockeroom a lot last year and was one of the guys eberle was talking about at the end of the year when eberle had his "more people need to buy in" speech... belanger can piss off, nobody cares about him, including most people in the oilers locker room

Old
01-25-2013, 04:17 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by scid14 View Post
On the bright side, our captain has been saying all the right things about the situation.
yeah horcoff has been says all the right things about yakupov since he got here