HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXIII

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 03:38 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Yandle is pricey and not the kind of player we need.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Topside

vCash: 500
I would offer Bishop, Weirdcrotch, Zibanejad for Yandle

Phoenix gets a good fill-in and backup in Bishop, a young roster player with potential to replace Yandle, and our best prospect as payment for the upgrade from Weircioch to Yandle. We get an excellent defenseman and our top 4 would be set in stone for forever pretty much.

or

Bishop, Stone for Rundblad

Phoenix gets Bishop whose value is about a 2nd rounder, and Stone is the price to bump the value up to that of a mid first round pick, which is where Rundblad was valued before.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:48 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topside View Post

Phoenix gets a good fill-in and backup in Bishop, a young roster player with potential to replace Yandle, and our best prospect as payment for the upgrade from Weircioch to Yandle. We get an excellent defenseman and our top 4 would be set in stone for forever pretty much.

or

Phoenix gets Bishop whose value is about a 2nd rounder, and Stone is the price to bump the value up to that of a mid first round pick, which is where Rundblad was valued before.
Wouldn't trade Stone

Replace Weir with Da Costa

Old
01-25-2013, 03:49 PM
WantEggRoll

vCash: 177
Quote:

or

Why is Ottawa trading their backup goaltender and one of their better forward prospects for a defenseman that is two to three years away from being helpful?

Cody Ceci plays the same position and is likely going to take the same amount of time to develop. If Ottawa is moving Bishop I would prefer that the teams take the approach of getting a player that actually helps Ottawa this season.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:52 PM
SensontheRush
Rik Rondra

Yandle is WAY underrated on here. Dude almost had 60 points two years ago.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:54 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensontheRush View Post
Yandle is WAY underrated on here. Dude almost had 60 points two years ago.
according to everyone everybody is way underrated on here.

Sometimes Criminally...

Old
01-25-2013, 03:55 PM
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
Brian Lee played 15:13 & 13:25 in his two games in Tampa and is a -1 and took 4 penalties, he is already been a healthy scratch - anybody who misses him now is in denial.
I watched one game where Tampa were trying to come back with a few minutes left, and they had the momentum, then Lee took a brutal penalty, game over.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:57 PM
SensontheRush
Rik Rondra

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
according to everyone everybody is way underrated on here.

Sometimes Criminally...
It just these trades that people are offering with the biggest piece being Da Costa.

Who the hell accepts that?

Old
01-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Tyskie
#Lehnsanity

Really doubt the Murrays will reverse their decision with Rundblad. The guys gone for good.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:04 PM
BK201

Quote:
It just these trades that people are offering with the biggest piece being Da Costa.

No one that's for sure at least not right now although DaCosta looks pretty good but his value isProbably very low as he was undrafted and he played very inconsistent in his 20 some game stint last year.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:10 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

Quote:

Your really under rating Da Costa.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:19 PM
Berserker*

Quote:

or

Stone will be a more valuable asset than Rundblad in the long run. Trading Stone at this point would be a bad idea.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:20 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Quote:

You don't know who DaCosta is do you. Im not saying he's amazing but you're underrating him. Our best player in Binhamton. 2nd line center potential and is not far from it.

EDIT: Never seen Bennys post. We on da same boat g.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:23 PM
HappyDude
Classless

count me on the "dacosta is the most underrated player in binghamton" bandwagon!

Old
01-25-2013, 04:25 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
You don't know who DaCosta is do you. Im not saying he's amazing but you're underrating him. Our best player in Binhamton. 2nd line center potential and is not far from it.

EDIT: Never seen Bennys post. We on da same boat g.
agreed hes not far away from playing in the NHL. Hes already got NHL vision and passing. He also can dangles purdy good.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:25 PM
General Granny*

Guys stop making proposals, you should know by now that our prospects suck, their stats are terrible and have no value in the market, and no one wants Bishop on their roster.

We should just give up.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:28 PM
L'Aveuglette
Restin' my groin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDude View Post
count me on the "dacosta is the most underrated player in binghamton" bandwagon!
He would sure be useful up in Ottawa right now playing on the 2nd line instead of having to slot in Daugavins imo.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:33 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Aveuglette View Post
He would sure be useful up in Ottawa right now playing on the 2nd line instead of having to slot in Daugavins imo.
You could say the same thing about half of the Bingo roster

Old
01-25-2013, 04:37 PM
L'Aveuglette
Restin' my groin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
You could say the same thing about half of the Bingo roster
Well, realistically I could also see Hoffman slot in on the third or fourth line but Da Costa should get first call-up when it comes to forwards seeing how great he's playing right now with Bingo.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:38 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

Quote:
Da Costa is a centre though, and Daugavins was far from bad in his role last year.

I really like the way Da Costa has played in Bingo, but he just has no future on this team. Looking down the middle Spezza and Turris aren't going anywhere for obvious reasons. Smith brings some valuable toughness, and has 5 years left on his contract anyways. While JOB is one of our better penalty killers (leads forwards in SH TOI per game, and overall) and plays well enough 5 on 5 to have the roster spot. If Spezza or Turris got injured then (not now, but in the future) Zibanejad could take their spot even though he will likely be playing wing. If Smith or JOB got injured then Regin could take their spot. Even if Da Costa moved to wing there likely won't be room in the top 6, and unless our other prospects do nothing, then there might not even be a spot on the 3rd line.

We might as well try and package Da Costa with Bishop

Old
01-25-2013, 04:42 PM
ATdaisuki
invisible

DA
FRICKEN
COSTA
trade spezza and turris, da costa be double shifting first and second lines when condra teaches him some stamina.
seriously, i wonder what kind of value da costa holds around the league. as much as i want to keep him, center is stacked (except for maybe that spot regin/o'brien are using, they're all locked up), and we aren't even trying him on the wing in bingo. he looks like he could be a second line center soon. what are we going to do with him?

Old
01-25-2013, 04:42 PM
L'Aveuglette
Restin' my groin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Da Costa is a centre though, and Daugavins was far from bad in his role last year.

I really like the way Da Costa has played in Bingo, but he just has no future on this team. Looking down the middle Spezza and Turris aren't going anywhere for obvious reasons. Smith brings some valuable toughness, and has 5 years left on his contract anyways. While JOB is one of our better penalty killers (leads forwards in SH TOI per game, and overall) and plays well enough 5 on 5 to have the roster spot. If Spezza or Turris got injured then (not now, but in the future) Zibanejad could take their spot even though he will likely be playing wing. If Smith or JOB got injured then Regin could take their spot. Even if Da Costa moved to wing there likely won't be room in the top 6, and unless our other prospects do nothing, then there might not even be a spot on the 3rd line.

We might as well try and package Da Costa with Bishop
This is purely based on your preferences though. If Turris were to get injured I'd have to think Da Costa would be the next best thing. And I'm sure he can adjust to the wing relatively well and can slot in on any of the 4 lines. He just needs to keep getting a bit stronger and he'll definitely have a future with the big club.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:52 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

Quote:
This is purely based on your preferences though. If Turris were to get injured I'd have to think Da Costa would be the next best thing. And I'm sure he can adjust to the wing relatively well and can slot in on any of the 4 lines. He just needs to keep getting a bit stronger and he'll definitely have a future with the big club.
What does Da Costa bring that nobody else on the roster or prospect pool does?

Old
01-25-2013, 05:02 PM
Stassino

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Lee was never and will never will be as good as Staal. Lee was a giant reach at #9. Anyone with a copy of the Hockey News' draft edition could have made a better pick than the Sens there. Mucks only employed 3 amateur scouts back then...
Nicely done!

Old
01-25-2013, 05:04 PM
Stassino

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hossa View Post
Oh how I wish there was a like button on this forum.
No but there is a button to complain about tasteless posts.. child..

Closed Thread