HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - 7.0 - Great with computers

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

vCash: 500
Get it done, PK!

I pay too much money for tickets for you not to be part of the on-ice product.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:12 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
The big problem most see with trading Subban, is that we'd all want P.K. Subban in return.

WTF, just sign the kid already.
Exactly.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Can he speak French?
Absolutely. Like any French speaking folks in Quebec.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:15 PM
4Beliveau

I'm a huge PK fan but this is getting silly. That article in the Gazette was a pure PR move by PK to drum up additional public support and put the pressure on Bergevin.

I don't like where this is headed at all. PK deserves to be paid well, but the knock against him has never been his abilities or his passion for the game, we all know and love PK for this. The question has been what kind of teammate is he?

We know he'll do whatever to score, hit, and best the best player on the ice, but what will he do to win? Crosby could have done what Ovie did and demanded a max contract but he twice signed a more reasonable deal for the benefit of the team.

Montreal has a way of managing contracts that has worked thus far - with the exception of the Gomez contract we traded for, we've never gotten ourselves in trouble with the cap. This is how the team does things and if PK is a good teammate he'll think more of the team and less of himself.

I think he has to ask himself how far he wants to take it. Does he really want to end up being the most popular player in Phoenix or Columbus on a 7yr 42m deal? Or play 2 more years for his favourite team in the best market in the world and then sign an even bigger deal?

Sign to a 2 yr 10m contract, go out there and help the team win and he'll get the 6-8 yr deal he wants.

Don't forget you're 23 - you've done a lot so far but you've got a long, long way to go before you should be throwing around your weight like you're Jagr or Ovie.

SIGN. Now. Seriously, I'm going to the game Sunday and I want to see you.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:19 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
LeBrun on RDS just now saying he knows they met today, but there is NOTHING else leaking out from either side on whether it's still ongoing or what not.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:20 PM
Rozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
That is entirely a matter of personal assessment of Couturier's talent. Which, to be honest, I only have second-hand. You think Couturier would be an underwhelming 2nd centre?
I cant say for sure.. Im just saying Im not convinced about him and dont believe that he is any sort of upgrade on what we have now.. he could very well turn out to be but like I said its a gamble and we pretty much know what we have in PK and even more so with Plecks (which is what we he would probably be displacing) i would just much rather sign and keep PK is all

Old
01-25-2013, 04:21 PM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
LeBrun on RDS just now saying he knows they met today, but there is NOTHING else leaking out from either side on whether it's still ongoing or what not.
Furthermore, he stated that the Canadiens have no intention whatsoever to trade Subban. Their main objective is to sign him.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:21 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
I cant say for sure.. Im just saying Im not convinced about him and dont believe that he is any sort of upgrade on what we have now.. he could very well turn out to be but like I said its a gamble and we pretty much know what we have in PK and even more so with Plecks (which is what we he would probably be displacing) i would just much rather sign and keep PK is all
Wait, you do think he isn't an upgrade on either Eller or Desharnais?!

Old
01-25-2013, 04:22 PM
JHabs61

So many uncredible rumors on Twitter saying PK for Couts. While I'd drool over Couts, the thought of losing PK makes me sad. Especially since I have a Subban jersey.

This is getting crazy though.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:25 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Good stuff, but I rather he be in a Habs jersey:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...vid=nhl-search

Old
01-25-2013, 04:28 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

.... going through Subban withdrawal.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:30 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHabs61 View Post
So many uncredible rumors on Twitter saying PK for Couts. While I'd drool over Couts, the thought of losing PK makes me sad. Especially since I have a Subban jersey.

This is getting crazy though.
Subban's impact to the Habs team would be much bigger than what Couturier's would. Trading a 23 year old top pairing dman for anything other than a massive overpayment would be a huge mistake and Couturier isn't an overpayment.

Just sign PK please so all the crap rumours can finally die.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:31 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
.... going through Subban withdrawal.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:33 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Can he speak French?
This is a dumb question who really cares. Can he fill a big need YES is he going to fit in with this team YES those are the things that should be important not if he can speak french.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:35 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Good stuff, but I rather he be in a Habs jersey:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...vid=nhl-search
What a selfish egomaniac.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:35 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
If Subban is traded, it is a blatant indication this organization insists on perpetuating insanity. After the debacle of horrendous trades left in the wake of the Gainey and Gauthier regime, Bergevin was suppose to right the sinking ship. Instead we would travel path the same "ol' boys clue" route that put us in this mess in the first place.

One can hope Bergevin puts an end to this mentality.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:36 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
This is a dumb question who really cares. Can he fill a big need YES is he going to fit in with this team YES those are the things that should be important not if he can speak french.
Lol. Sarcasm's hard. You should stick to being the resident orthopaedic surgeon.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:38 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
If Subban is traded, it is a blatant indication this organization insists on perpetuating insanity. After the debacle of horrendous trades left in the wake of the Gainey and Gauthier regime, Bergevin was suppose to right the sinking ship. Instead we would travel path the same "ol' boys clue" route that put us in this mess in the first place.

Lets

No

Overreact

Were the Habs trade for Couturier+Overpayment, and can swing a deal to close the hole on our D... Well..

I'd be happy. Apparently Couturier is very good defensively, he could replace Plek as our 2nd Centre relatively soon.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:39 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
If Subban is traded, it is a blatant indication this organization insists on perpetuating insanity. After the debacle of horrendous trades left in the wake of the Gainey and Gauthier regime, Bergevin was suppose to right the sinking ship. Instead we would travel the same "ol' boys clue" route that put us in this mess in the first place.

*2 hours later*

BREAKING NEWS: Subbie-doo, traded to the flyers for Couturier, and a 2nd round draft pick.

Bergervin says the habs depth at D in the prospect pool allowed him to make this deal for a big talented young Center, and is all smiles. Couturier is praised and regarded as the next great one and saviour in Montreal by the media.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:47 PM
sheed36

Nick Kypreos‏ @RealKyper

Despite meeting in Toronto hearing no advancement in negotiations between #Canadiens and @PKSubban1

http://twitter.com/RealKyper/status/294935848745566208

Old
01-25-2013, 04:48 PM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Allegedly, yes.

No, we don't need to get "another Subban". We just need to acquire a solid shutdown defenseman that can bolster our blueline.

I agree that losing Subban would suck. Big time. I'm a huge fan... BUT..

But having the chance of 2 big solid Centres as forward and a potential juicy 1st pick in this year's draft.. That would be a bold, yet not bad move.
I'm assuming you are talking about Couturier and Gally?
Or is there another C that we are talking about acquiring?
If it's the prior, and assuming what others are saying about Couturier is true, which is that he is either a very good 3rd C or possible 2nd C, then I rather keep Subban.
If Couturier becomes a good 2nd C, and IF the 1st round pick is a very high one, then 'maybe' it could be worth it. That pick will have to becomes a premiere player otherwise, we lose this deal.
Well, imo anyhow.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Rozz

Quote:
Wait, you do think he isn't an upgrade on either Eller or Desharnais?!
over DD maybe because of the size and age maybe but DD has p0ut up some good offensive numbers.. but nothing Couturier has shown yet tells me he is going to be any better than Eller.. last year he put up 27 points on a very offensively potient Flyers team and Eller put up 28 points on a offence starved team.. while eller is 3 years older he is still very young and could very well break out any time soon just as could Couturier.. but thats all gambling on potenial and if were gonna gamble on potenial we might as well gamble on the more sure thing and keep PK and sign him longterm. just personal opinion

futhermore when I said "what we have now" i was referring to plecks as that is almost assured who he would be replacing or rather displacing.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:51 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
over DD maybe because of the size and age maybe but DD has p0ut up some good offensive numbers.. but nothing Couturier has shown yet tells me he is going to be any better than Eller.. last year he put up 27 points on a very offensively potient Flyers team and Eller put up 28 points on a offence starved team.. while eller is 3 years older he is still very young and could very well break out any time soon just as could Couturier.. but thats all gambling on potenial and if were gonna gamble on potenial we might as well gamble on the more sure thing and keep PK and sign him longterm. just personal opinion

futhermore when I said "what we have now" i was referring to plecks as that is almost assured who he would be replacing or rather displacing.
Points? Forget points.. Couturier is only 20 yrs old.

Look at the potential he has, the skill level, size, etc. He played really good for the flyers in the playoffs as a 19yr old too. That is something..

Old
01-25-2013, 04:53 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Lets

No

Overreact

Were the Habs trade for Couturier+Overpayment, and can swing a deal to close the hole on our D... Well..

I'd be happy. Apparently Couturier is very good defensively, he could replace Plek as our 2nd Centre relatively soon.
Problem is, YOU are not all of us. Most do not 'like' Couturier like YOU do.

If the Habs trade Subban to the Flyers, or any other team for that matter, I'll seriously gonna start letting go of hockey and the Habs.

I've been following this team for almost 30 years now. I've been patient as hell with this team and its management compared to a lot of trigger happy fans among the fanbase, but this would take the cake.

**** Couturier, I've been waiting long enough to see a dominant top 3 of Markov, Subban and Gorges, and no friggin trade could compensate, whether emotionally or in terms of on-ice results, what this top 3 would do for us. For some of the deluded fans who see things in simplistic terms, easy solutions like tanking (which is financially unrealistic for teams like Montreal), this top 3 doesn't inspire much, but for other fans who actually see hockey for its entire complexity, such a top 3 is a major key to success. IMO, this top 3 will make us a contender as soon as this year.

So yeah, **** Couturier.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:53 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
So tell me why all other GMs are also retards for not throwing offersheets of that amount since Bergevin doesn't want to give in to these numbers?

Kinda puts a big dent into your assumption.
GMs are not making offersheets to anybody. The average is 1 every 3 years or so.

No dent whatsoever.

Closed Thread