HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visnovsky Drama Part III (Mod Warning Post #575)

Old
01-22-2013, 10:46 AM
Faterson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
Maybe the Isles should get Palffy after all.
Plffy was offered a contract by Slovan many times in the course of this season, but he just prefers to play for Slovan's farm team instead (Skalica), which happens to be his hometown club. By the way, Plffy just got suspended for 2 games in the Slovak league, for insulting a referee - the first time such a thing happened in his career.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:50 AM
redbull
game on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Plffy was offered a contract by Slovan many times in the course of this season, but he just prefers to play for Slovan's farm team instead (Skalica), which happens to be his hometown club. By the way, Plffy just got suspended for 2 games in the Slovak league, for insulting a referee - the first time such a thing happened in his career.
was it verbal? or gestures? I can see Palffy doing BOTH.

How about we trade Visnovsky to Slovan for Palffy and #1 pick in the KHL draft in 2k13 and 2k14?! AND, you can have full access to Robbie Schremp's youtube page, indefinitely. Hint: there's some trickery in there, perfect for the KHL where even Zherdev and Frolov look like hockey players

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:51 AM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
Look's as Slovan is nailing a play of spot without Vis. That should ease it up a bit for him?
Far from nailing it, but these road wins sure help. 7 games left in the KHL season now. Slovan is currently ranked 6th in the Western Conference, 12 points ahead of the 9th-ranked team, but you get 3 points for regulation wins in the KHL. A play-off spot for Slovan seems very likely now, but it's not clinched yet. Viňovsk could help clinch it in one of the 4 upcoming home games!

Old
01-22-2013, 10:54 AM
hunter7isles

Quote:
Far from nailing it, but these road wins sure help. 7 games left in the KHL season now. Slovan is currently ranked 6th in the Western Conference, 12 points ahead of the 9th-ranked team, but you get 3 points for regulation wins in the KHL. A play-off spot for Slovan seems very likely now, but it's not clinched yet. Viňovsk could help clinch it in one of the 4 upcoming home games!
But he won't.

hunter7isles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:59 AM
Faterson

Quote:
Definitely verbal, too.

Quote:
How about we trade Visnovsky to Slovan for Palffy and #1 pick in the KHL draft in 2k13 and 2k14?!
Plffy is the captain of Slovan's farm team, but he has no contract with Slovan, refusing to sign it. The old man just no longer wants to travel; he even skips some road games in Slovakia from time to time. And he's still a dominating force in Slovak league at age 40+.

PS: As a long-time LA Kings fan, I saw nothing wrong with Frolov. He simply prefers to be the captain of a Gagarin Cup contender (Jgr's former KHL team), instead of playing a lesser role on an NHL team. Zherdev is a superb player, too. There are many superb players in the KHL -- look at Tarasenko now. There are quite a few players of his qualities still playing in the KHL (Mozyakin, to give one example).

Old
01-22-2013, 11:20 AM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 300
Quote:

How about we trade Visnovsky to Slovan for Palffy and #1 pick in the KHL draft in 2k13 and 2k14?! AND, you can have full access to Robbie Schremp's youtube page, indefinitely. Hint: there's some trickery in there, perfect for the KHL where even Zherdev and Frolov look like hockey players

Kinda Hockey League

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:33 PM
Stormrider451

Visnovsky (suspension) will report to the Islanders after his son has minor surgery, according to the Islanders Point Blank.

http://islanderspointblank.com/news/...minor-surgery/

Recommendation: The surgery is set for February 9th. Assuming all goes well this would mean Visnovsky could possibly play for the Islanders in mid-February, thus missing at least 11 games or about a quarter of the season.
(Rotowire.com).

I wonder what minor surgery he is having?

Last edited by Homeland Security: 01-22-2013 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Added link
Stormrider451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Luc Gretzky

Quote:
PS: As a long-time LA Kings fan, I saw nothing wrong with Frolov. He simply prefers to be the captain of a Gagarin Cup contender (Jgr's former KHL team), instead of playing a lesser role on an NHL team. Zherdev is a superb player, too. There are many superb players in the KHL -- look at Tarasenko now. There are quite a few players of his qualities still playing in the KHL (Mozyakin, to give one example).
No one protects the puck with his body better than Frolov, except maybe Joe Thornton. I also haven't seen anyone other than Fro score so many wrap-arround goals since the early 90s. Loved that guy!

Luc Gretzky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:07 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
Kinda Hockey League
That is what could be said about The Non Hockey, L(ock-out)eague to. Just kidding.
I would love to see a super series between The Stanley Cup champ and The Gagarin Cup champ. ( games, 4 on Euro sized ice and 4 on NA ice. That would be a great preseason next fall or something
Or even better, a team from both leagues that misses the PO, so we can have it this spring already.Or best, Islanders vs Slovan. I know, unrealistic but could have been great.

Last edited by fredrikstad: 01-23-2013 at 04:13 AM.
fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:33 AM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
I would love to see a super series between The Stanley Cup champ and The Gagarin Cup champ.
Good idea. But if Slovan and the Isles meet in that super-series, whose side is Lubo gonna play on?

Kidding aside, I already proposed elsewhere on HFBoads that the ideal thing, to me, would be a global, world-wide hockey league, with 2 conferences: American and European. Out of the 82 regular-season games, 20 would be played against teams from the other continent: 10 at home, 10 away. 2 intercontinental road trips per season (5 games each). Play-offs within the separate continents, determining the North-American and European champion. Then, the intercontinental Stanley Cup final, determining the overall winner and world champion.

Not gonna happen anytime soon, but it would be a nice long-term goal.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:14 AM
puckstopper55

Send a message via AIM to puckstopper55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormrider451 View Post
Visnovsky (suspension) will report to the Islanders after his son has minor surgery, according to the Islanders Point Blank.

http://islanderspointblank.com/news/...minor-surgery/

Recommendation: The surgery is set for February 9th. Assuming all goes well this would mean Visnovsky could possibly play for the Islanders in mid-February, thus missing at least 11 games or about a quarter of the season.
(Rotowire.com).

I wonder what minor surgery he is having?
I would like to know as well. This all seems too coincidental. I am surprised he doesnt want to have the doctors in the US perform surgery.

puckstopper55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:21 AM
Faterson

Goodness... do you really think the entire world apart from the US is a third-world country? This is the European Union. There are enough top-quality doctors here, if you have the money. You can pick the country, too -- Vienna hospitals are a 45-minute drive away from Bratislava. Does Vienna ring a bell? I guess not... You know, Mozart, Freud and stuff.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:03 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Quote:
Does Vienna ring a bell? I guess not... You know, Mozart, Freud and stuff.
And sausages!

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:13 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc Gretzky View Post
I also haven't seen anyone other than Fro score so many wrap-arround goals
1 out of 12 isn't bad!

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:14 AM
And You Feel Shame

When will you realize... Vienna waits for you?

</joel>

And You Feel Shame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:24 AM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Goodness... do you really think the entire world apart from the US is a third-world country? This is the European Union. There are enough top-quality doctors here, if you have the money. You can pick the country, too -- Vienna hospitals are a 45-minute drive away from Bratislava. Does Vienna ring a bell? I guess not... You know, Mozart, Freud and stuff.
You're cherry picking the few ignorant comments to manufacture outrage. I, for one, envy the health care system in most European countries.

Still, you should know that for a lot of people over here, the countries of the former A-H Empire don't necessarily conjure up fluffy bunny feelings.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:30 AM
Theokritos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
Still, you should know that for a lot of people over here, the countries of the former A-H Empire don't necessarily conjure up fluffy bunny feelings.
Huh? The former Communist countries for sure, but Austria (Vienna)?

Theokritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:49 AM
Mr Wentworth
Arch Duke of Raleigh

Quote:
A choir made up of pale young boys.

Mr Wentworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:53 AM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Let's move along from the Country and Politics angle, NOW!

01-23-2013, 01:56 PM
CREW99AW

One thing I've noticed, since Vis announced his son will have minor surgery: fans are cutting him some slack.

I think if he gets over and starts contributing, fan reaction won't be too negative.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Sheva7

vCash: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
You're cherry picking the few ignorant comments to manufacture outrage.
He must have bushels upon bushels of cherries with all the picking he's been doing in this thread #youworeoutyourwelcome

Sheva7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:34 PM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
One thing I've noticed, since Vis announced his son will have minor surgery: fans are cutting him some slack.

I think if he gets over and starts contributing, fan reaction won't be too negative.

what Vis hasnt told us is that it's dental surgery

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:09 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
what Vis hasnt told us is that it's dental surgery

I'm hoping that going 3-4 weeks without playing at all, will have Vis anxious to get back on the ice.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:14 PM
Islesfan22

As far as Visnovsky goes he can go F himself. I don't want him hear as he never wanted to be hear. I would not let him play for the KHL and make him report or retire.

Islesfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 04:37 PM
Poulin 0n My St1ck

vCash: 50
When this guy finally comes over, we should definitely trade him because the market value for d-men is quite high and there are a lot of desperate clubs.

Would anyone be opposed to trading Viz to the Flyers if we got a first-rounder in return? Then their draft pick could maybe help us move up to get Jones if we don't win the lottery. I know they're a division rival, but Holmgren is probably desperate enough to pull the trigger on that.

I hope Viz lights it up when he gets here so we can trade him, or maybe if the stars align, use him for our playoff run.

Poulin 0n My St1ck is offline   Reply With Quote