HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - 7.0 - Great with computers

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-25-2013, 05:55 PM
  #376
BobbyFischer*
 
BobbyFischer*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Problem is, YOU are not all of us. Most do not 'like' Couturier like YOU do.

If the Habs trade Subban to the Flyers, or any other team for that matter, I'll seriously gonna start letting go of hockey and the Habs.

I've been following this team for almost 30 years now. I've been patient as hell with this team and its management compared to a lot of trigger happy fans among the fanbase, but this would take the cake.

**** Couturier, I've been waiting long enough to see a dominant top 3 of Markov, Subban and Gorges, and no friggin trade could compensate, whether emotionally or in terms of on-ice results, what this top 3 would do for us. For some of the deluded fans who see things in simplistic terms, easy solutions like tanking (which is financially unrealistic for teams like Montreal), this top 3 doesn't inspire much, but for other fans who actually see hockey for its entire complexity, such a top 3 is a major key to success. IMO, this top 3 will make us a contender as soon as this year.

So yeah, **** Couturier.
Y u mad tho?

BobbyFischer* is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 05:57 PM
  #377
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
GMs are not making offersheets to anybody. The average is 1 every 3 years or so.

No dent whatsoever.
Talk to me the day McDonaugh will be able to dominate like Markov does.

Until then, keep your out of context response to yourself.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 05:57 PM
  #378
ranold26
Petarry Chiarinden
 
ranold26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,473
vCash: 500
PK is going to have to lower his demands, or go elsewhere, if he wants to play.
Kudos to the Habs and Bergevin to not overpaying him.

ranold26 is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 05:58 PM
  #379
1UP
Registered User
 
1UP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,970
vCash: 500
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/355318.html

English TLDR: PK to think about his future with his agent and family over the week-end.

The Habs and PK met today but did not agree to a deal.

1UP is online now  
Old
01-25-2013, 05:58 PM
  #380
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Y u mad tho?
I'll be mad if Subban gets traded.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:00 PM
  #381
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio
 
subbanged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 4,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Problem is, YOU are not all of us. Most do not 'like' Couturier like YOU do.

If the Habs trade Subban to the Flyers, or any other team for that matter, I'll seriously gonna start letting go of hockey and the Habs.

I've been following this team for almost 30 years now. I've been patient as hell with this team and its management compared to a lot of trigger happy fans among the fanbase, but this would take the cake.

**** Couturier, I've been waiting long enough to see a dominant top 3 of Markov, Subban and Gorges, and no friggin trade could compensate, whether emotionally or in terms of on-ice results, what this top 3 would do for us. For some of the deluded fans who see things in simplistic terms, easy solutions like tanking (which is financially unrealistic for teams like Montreal), this top 3 doesn't inspire much, but for other fans who actually see hockey for its entire complexity, such a top 3 is a major, key to success. IMO, this top 3 will make us a contender as soon as this year.

So yeah, **** Couturier.
Yeah I'd do couts for subs

subbanged is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:00 PM
  #382
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto
 
Andrighetto Fabolous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,651
vCash: 500
@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Told Subban will take weekend to think things over... My sense is Habs won't go past three years at most... We shall see

So fourth liners can get 4 year deals but your top player can't get over 3? Makes sense....

Andrighetto Fabolous is online now  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:01 PM
  #383
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 14,521
vCash: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UP View Post
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/355318.html

English TLDR: PK to think about his future with his agent and family over the week-end.

The Habs and PK met today but did not agree to a deal.
Sounds like he was given the option to sign a 2-3 year deal or get traded.
My guess is he takes a 2 year deal in Montreal and then signs an 8 year one coming off of it.

Habsawce is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:01 PM
  #384
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UP View Post
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/355318.html

English TLDR: PK to think about his future with his agent and family over the week-end.

The Habs and PK met today but did not agree to a deal.
Translation, either take the two year deal or we will have to trade you

HomaridII is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:04 PM
  #385
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Problem is, YOU are not all of us. Most do not 'like' Couturier like YOU do.

If the Habs trade Subban to the Flyers, or any other team for that matter, I'll seriously gonna start letting go of hockey and the Habs.

I've been following this team for almost 30 years now. I've been patient as hell with this team and its management compared to a lot of trigger happy fans among the fanbase, but this would take the cake.

**** Couturier, I've been waiting long enough to see a dominant top 3 of Markov, Subban and Gorges, and no friggin trade could compensate, whether emotionally or in terms of on-ice results, what this top 3 would do for us. For some of the deluded fans who see things in simplistic terms, easy solutions like tanking (which is financially unrealistic for teams like Montreal), this top 3 doesn't inspire much, but for other fans who actually see hockey for its entire complexity, such a top 3 is a major key to success. IMO, this top 3 will make us a contender as soon as this year.

So yeah, **** Couturier.
Man, don't let your emotional baggage make decisions for you.

PricePkPatch is online now  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:04 PM
  #386
BobbyFischer*
 
BobbyFischer*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 500
Couturier is gonna look SO good in a Habs jersey, guys.


=]

BobbyFischer* is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:05 PM
  #387
Sam I Am
Registered User
 
Sam I Am's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny Bombatz View Post
Right-handed shot to boot!

Most of our 'future / current D's' are lefy handed. Not a thing many people give thought, but we are very weak on the RD position.

Here are our natural LD

Markov
Emelin
Georges
Kaberle
Bouillon
Tinordi
Beaulieu
St-Denis


Here are our natural RD

Subban
Diaz
Weber

We can't lose him.
Not saying I want to trade PK but both Georges and Emelin have significant experience on the right side. Add prospects Thrower, Dietz and Nygren and we still probably have more RHS defensemen than most teams.

Sam I Am is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:05 PM
  #388
Ollie Williams
Registered User
 
Ollie Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,065
vCash: 356
McKenzie thinks this entire situation will end with PK leaving in a trade. I love McKenzie, but I truly hope he's wrong.

Ollie Williams is online now  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:07 PM
  #389
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 14,521
vCash: 670
I don't like this one little bit.

FIRE BERGEVIN!!

Habsawce is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:07 PM
  #390
NotProkofievian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
GMs are not making offersheets to anybody. The average is 1 every 3 years or so.

No dent whatsoever.
Are unsigned offersheets typically announced to the public?

NotProkofievian is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:09 PM
  #391
PyrettaBlaze
Registered User
 
PyrettaBlaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams View Post
McKenzie thinks this entire situation will end with PK leaving in a trade. I love McKenzie, but I truly hope he's wrong.
Damn it. I'm gonna miss him if he goes.... Such an entertaining player. Sad that it's come to this.

__________________
...Unemployed Black Astronaut...
PyrettaBlaze is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:10 PM
  #392
HABsurde
Registered User
 
HABsurde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Told Subban will take weekend to think things over... My sense is Habs won't go past three years at most... We shall see

So fourth liners can get 4 year deals but your top player can't get over 3? Makes sense....
which 4 liners got a 4 year deal???

HABsurde is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:10 PM
  #393
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Talk to me the day McDonaugh will be able to dominate like Markov does.

Until then, keep your out of context response to yourself.
Let me know if the Habs ever win a cup with Markov as a key cog.

DAChampion is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:11 PM
  #394
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
which 4 liners got a 4 year deal???
Prust..

PricePkPatch is online now  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:12 PM
  #395
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 14,521
vCash: 670
If Bergevin low balls him to the point where he has to be traded I'm not going to be a happy camper.

Habsawce is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:12 PM
  #396
HABsurde
Registered User
 
HABsurde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Translation, either take the two year deal or we will have to trade you
He can ask for a trade, we don't have to oblige....

HABsurde is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:12 PM
  #397
FeelsLike93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 748
vCash: 500
The ironic thing is the Philadelphia Flyers forum seems to be up in arms and are completely baffled at the idea of giving up Couturier straight up for Subban. Just reading a few posts they think it would set their franchise back and think it would be a unfair trade from the Flyers standpoint. And over here it's the complete opposite. I know it's because these are team forums with Flyers and Habs fans respectively but there seems to be no middle ground here.

Anyway, the longer this drags on day by day I start to think more and more this will sadly end in a trade. Gotta bad feeling but hope I'm wrong as a huge PK fan and I think he has way too much to offer the Habs still and the best is yet to come.

FeelsLike93 is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:12 PM
  #398
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
which 4 liners got a 4 year deal???
Prust & Moen

Roulin is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:13 PM
  #399
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams View Post
McKenzie thinks this entire situation will end with PK leaving in a trade. I love McKenzie, but I truly hope he's wrong.
Subban will decide to play the rest of the season in Europe.

No way Bergevin gonna trade him.

Habtchum* is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:13 PM
  #400
HABsurde
Registered User
 
HABsurde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Prust..
3rd liner 28 years old UFA... yeah roughly the same think that PK's situation...

HABsurde is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.