HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

STH'ers...column 1,2, or 3?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-01-2012, 12:04 PM
  #26
PBPantherfan
Here we go again
 
PBPantherfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
who the hell cares? i'm not a bank. don't give a damn about what the panthers are doing with my money. if they promise me 10% interest within a year... i'll be saving/making money. a hell of alot more than i would be with any bank


like i said - unless you need the money RIGHT NOW and/or aren't planning to renew in 2013-2014, there's no reason to not take option 1 or 2. if you're strapped for cash and/or don't want to commit to next season...then it's a different story.
I don't think anyone has a problem with the perks. What they have a problem with is the thinly veiled threat to lose your seats and face a price increase in option 3. They aren't giving you a chance to be loyal they are shoving it down your throat. I didn't appreciate it so I choose option 3.

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 05:01 AM
  #27
flapanthersfan
Registered User
 
flapanthersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
I don't think anyone has a problem with the perks. What they have a problem with is the thinly veiled threat to lose your seats and face a price increase in option 3. They aren't giving you a chance to be loyal they are shoving it down your throat. I didn't appreciate it so I choose option 3.
lol

that's like saying you don't appreciate someone that threatens to give you $20 for nothing.

i'll take the $20 and walk away happy. but i guess that's just me.

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 06:48 AM
  #28
PBPantherfan
Here we go again
 
PBPantherfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
lol

that's like saying you don't appreciate someone that threatens to give you $20 for nothing.

i'll take the $20 and walk away happy. but i guess that's just me.
No its not at all. The Panthers aren't giving me anything I pay alot of money for season seats which have doubled in price in the last couple years. They want to keep my money for 10% in future ticket money and if I just want a refund for my tickets I get a big FU and risk losing my seats. If you don't understand why that would piss some people off I can't help you.

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 11:33 AM
  #29
Pantherfan12
Registered User
 
Pantherfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunrise,Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
I don't think anyone has a problem with the perks. What they have a problem with is the thinly veiled threat to lose your seats and face a price increase in option 3. They aren't giving you a chance to be loyal they are shoving it down your throat. I didn't appreciate it so I choose option 3.
At the same time, the chances of your tickets increasing and them not honoring the price is slim. every year they make those "threats" to me about not renewing on time,and losing my seats and price increase and it doesn't happen. Most of the time they are hounding you and kiss your arse to come back, whether or not we're winning. Heck, for this season I got extra lower bowl tickets for four separate games because of wheeling and dealing, so... I do agree it isn't right to of them to give the impression that they will punish us for asking for a refund, but in the end I doubt they really do punish the true fans who've been here through thick and thin.

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 11:50 AM
  #30
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Coolburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,965
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
I also asked about when we would be receiving our red jerseys. They said they're trying to come up with an event for STH to come and get them but no word on when yet. Guess that was gonna be done in a normal schedule had there but no CBA issues but they put it on hold obviously with no season currently in sight.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 08:53 PM
  #31
Slick Cat
Registered User
 
Slick Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
No its not at all. The Panthers aren't giving me anything I pay alot of money for season seats which have doubled in price in the last couple years. They want to keep my money for 10% in future ticket money and if I just want a refund for my tickets I get a big FU and risk losing my seats. If you don't understand why that would piss some people off I can't help you.
Completely agree with your logic throughout the thread. The way I see it is that unless you pick option three, your money will not be returned at all, they are keeping it and forcing you into future spending. Give me my money back and I'll decide where and when it is spent. If they threaten to move my seats or raise prices, see ya.

Slick Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 04:16 AM
  #32
flapanthersfan
Registered User
 
flapanthersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
No its not at all. The Panthers aren't giving me anything I pay alot of money for season seats which have doubled in price in the last couple years. They want to keep my money for 10% in future ticket money and if I just want a refund for my tickets I get a big FU and risk losing my seats. If you don't understand why that would piss some people off I can't help you.

you say the panthers "aren't giving you anything" and then admit that they're giving you "10% in future ticket money".

they are giving you something. if you pay $6,000 for season tickets, they're going to give you $600 off of your 2013-2014 bill. i don't know about you, but that's alot of money to be giving away because they hurt your ego with an itty bitty threat.

also, if you want cash, pick option 2 and they give you 5% cash back. so if you pay $6,000 for season tickets, they'll send you $300 in 2013-2014.

again, unless you were planning not to renew in the first place, choosing option three makes absolutely zero sense.

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 07:50 AM
  #33
PBPantherfan
Here we go again
 
PBPantherfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
you say the panthers "aren't giving you anything" and then admit that they're giving you "10% in future ticket money".

they are giving you something. if you pay $6,000 for season tickets, they're going to give you $600 off of your 2013-2014 bill. i don't know about you, but that's alot of money to be giving away because they hurt your ego with an itty bitty threat.

also, if you want cash, pick option 2 and they give you 5% cash back. so if you pay $6,000 for season tickets, they'll send you $300 in 2013-2014.

again, unless you were planning not to renew in the first place, choosing option three makes absolutely zero sense.
Hey if you like like dealing with a company that throws threats at you to try to keep your money thats your choice. I choose not to. It has nothing to do with ego it has to do with not supporting bad customer service. I'm in sales and customer service is number one to me. I haven't had a decent ticket rep in 3 years, and this loyalty program is crap.

And they aren't giving me anything. They have had my money interest free for 7 freaking months. Now they want to keep it for up to another year for 10% in tickets. They are giving me nothing they are getting my money for free. The only way they are giving me something is if every game was a sellout. As long as there are empty seats at the arena it costs them zero to "give me 10%" in tickets. If you think that after a full year of a lockout they won't be discounting season seats more than 10% you are nuts. New ticket holders get a lot better deals every year than the die hard loyal fans.

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 04:57 AM
  #34
flapanthersfan
Registered User
 
flapanthersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
Hey if you like like dealing with a company that throws threats at you to try to keep your money thats your choice. I choose not to. It has nothing to do with ego it has to do with not supporting bad customer service. I'm in sales and customer service is number one to me. I haven't had a decent ticket rep in 3 years, and this loyalty program is crap.
honestly - i couldn't care less. if they're giving me 10% interest on my money, i'll take the money. good business is good business, and you'd be a fool to pass up the opportunity to save that much money.

btw - my ticket rep is amazing. try switching to a different one if you don't like yours.

Quote:
And they aren't giving me anything. They have had my money interest free for 7 freaking months. Now they want to keep it for up to another year for 10% in tickets. They are giving me nothing they are getting my money for free. The only way they are giving me something is if every game was a sellout. As long as there are empty seats at the arena it costs them zero to "give me 10%" in tickets.
like i said - i couldn't care less what it costs THEM to give me 10%. all i'm interested in is MY finances. and the fact is, i'm saving a hell of alot of money by choosing option 1. it's not rocket science.

Quote:
If you think that after a full year of a lockout they won't be discounting season seats more than 10% you are nuts. New ticket holders get a lot better deals every year than the die hard loyal fans.
i'm paying $38 per game for seats in the lower bowl, near center ice.... and have been for years. the actual price of my tickets are $110 for single games. i'll take my chances keeping my current price.

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 10:22 AM
  #35
jol
Registered User
 
jol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Miami Beach, Florida
Posts: 1,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post

i'm paying $38 per game for seats in the lower bowl, near center ice.... and have been for years. the actual price of my tickets are $110 for single games. i'll take my chances keeping my current price.
Is anybody paying actual price? if you don't get discount ticket (single game) from Panthers, then from Stubhub etc.

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 07:52 PM
  #36
PBPantherfan
Here we go again
 
PBPantherfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
honestly - i couldn't care less. if they're giving me 10% interest on my money, i'll take the money. good business is good business, and you'd be a fool to pass up the opportunity to save that much money.

btw - my ticket rep is amazing. try switching to a different one if you don't like yours.



like i said - i couldn't care less what it costs THEM to give me 10%. all i'm interested in is MY finances. and the fact is, i'm saving a hell of alot of money by choosing option 1. it's not rocket science.



i'm paying $38 per game for seats in the lower bowl, near center ice.... and have been for years. the actual price of my tickets are $110 for single games. i'll take my chances keeping my current price.
Dude whatever makes you happy. I just hope the whole season is gone at this point and I get my money back. Bunch of millionaires and billionaires screwing the fans and a crappy organization using its usually tactics to try to coerce its fans in to ponying up their money.

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 01:05 AM
  #37
Pantherfan12
Registered User
 
Pantherfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunrise,Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,781
vCash: 500
I have a question. Can they NOT give you a refund? Like, is it written anywhere, where they don't do full refunds? I ask because I am on a payment plan, and after playing phone tag games with them and not getting any answers, (plus money issues) I've decided to cancel my tickets, but they tell me they don't do cancellations.. Is that true? Can they do that?

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 03:34 PM
  #38
snipes007
Registered User
 
snipes007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Doral, FL
Posts: 218
vCash: 500
I too wondered this, as I went back on forth on cancellation. When I pressed my rep about it, he danced and just pointed to the 3 options and the fact that my money wasn't being lost. I figure you either have to give them an ultimatum or flat-out dispute the charge with your credit card company. Technically they have no case, since you paid for a service you haven't received.

snipes007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 08:00 PM
  #39
Slick Cat
Registered User
 
Slick Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipes007 View Post
I too wondered this, as I went back on forth on cancellation. When I pressed my rep about it, he danced and just pointed to the 3 options and the fact that my money wasn't being lost. I figure you either have to give them an ultimatum or flat-out dispute the charge with your credit card company. Technically they have no case, since you paid for a service you haven't received.
Make sure you have documentation that you selected option three and demand a refund due to failure to deliver services, by email so you have proof. Contacting the credit card company will put even more pressure on them if necessary.

Slick Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:11 PM
  #40
Pantherfan12
Registered User
 
Pantherfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunrise,Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,781
vCash: 500
Hey fellow Panther fans, I was just wondering if I could rank for a min. Has anyone else, as a season seat owner,been treated poorly by the Organization?? I am searching for Cliff Viner's contact info, whether it's an office # or email address because of this. As a FORMER season seat owner, the past 3 and a half months of their treatment has caused me to cancel my tickets and never want to renew ever again. I had asked for a refund once the lockout happened, and not because of the lockout,but because of financial reasons. As soon as I did that, there mood and demeaner changed drastically. My rep would take weeks to return my calls. No one else would help me out. I would get lied too and given the hardest time. It went from complimentary seats once in awhile, to being ignored and felt as though I was a bother to them. I had one director tell me on the phone " Well, I am very busy and you're a small account so sent me an email and I'll get you a refund" Yeah, A season ticket holder for nine years and this is the treatment. I even went as far as contacting Mr.Yormark regarding this, as I sent him a very polite email regarding this matter, and he ignored me as well.

I am sorry for the rant, but I am just in awe and even have knots in my stomach by my fav. Franchise treating me like a disease and wanted my fellow Panther fan's reactions.

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:02 PM
  #41
jol
Registered User
 
jol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Miami Beach, Florida
Posts: 1,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
Hey fellow Panther fans, I was just wondering if I could rank for a min. Has anyone else, as a season seat owner,been treated poorly by the Organization?? I am searching for Cliff Viner's contact info, whether it's an office # or email address because of this. As a FORMER season seat owner, the past 3 and a half months of their treatment has caused me to cancel my tickets and never want to renew ever again. I had asked for a refund once the lockout happened, and not because of the lockout,but because of financial reasons. As soon as I did that, there mood and demeaner changed drastically. My rep would take weeks to return my calls. No one else would help me out. I would get lied too and given the hardest time. It went from complimentary seats once in awhile, to being ignored and felt as though I was a bother to them. I had one director tell me on the phone " Well, I am very busy and you're a small account so sent me an email and I'll get you a refund" Yeah, A season ticket holder for nine years and this is the treatment. I even went as far as contacting Mr.Yormark regarding this, as I sent him a very polite email regarding this matter, and he ignored me as well.

I am sorry for the rant, but I am just in awe and even have knots in my stomach by my fav. Franchise treating me like a disease and wanted my fellow Panther fan's reactions.
As a next step, take them to small claims court, if your refund is less than $5000 (i think)

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:24 PM
  #42
Slick Cat
Registered User
 
Slick Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
Hey fellow Panther fans, I was just wondering if I could rank for a min. Has anyone else, as a season seat owner,been treated poorly by the Organization?? I am searching for Cliff Viner's contact info, whether it's an office # or email address because of this. As a FORMER season seat owner, the past 3 and a half months of their treatment has caused me to cancel my tickets and never want to renew ever again. I had asked for a refund once the lockout happened, and not because of the lockout,but because of financial reasons. As soon as I did that, there mood and demeaner changed drastically. My rep would take weeks to return my calls. No one else would help me out. I would get lied too and given the hardest time. It went from complimentary seats once in awhile, to being ignored and felt as though I was a bother to them. I had one director tell me on the phone " Well, I am very busy and you're a small account so sent me an email and I'll get you a refund" Yeah, A season ticket holder for nine years and this is the treatment. I even went as far as contacting Mr.Yormark regarding this, as I sent him a very polite email regarding this matter, and he ignored me as well.

I am sorry for the rant, but I am just in awe and even have knots in my stomach by my fav. Franchise treating me like a disease and wanted my fellow Panther fan's reactions.
You are not alone. I have not experienced the level off insulting service you described but they are less than customer friendly. Those who requested refunds should have received them long ago, it is inexcusable that they are intentionally holding on to money longer. What they have done with club red is revolting, moving people, causing logjams in the exits, and even blocking parking that goes unused all night. You want results, send something to Richards and maybe he'll write an article about it. Contact the NHL offices. I'm still disappointed with the threatening tone of their explanations of the three options to begin with, described in this thread in earlier posts.

Slick Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:46 PM
  #43
Pantherfan12
Registered User
 
Pantherfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunrise,Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Cat View Post
You are not alone. I have not experienced the level off insulting service you described but they are less than customer friendly. Those who requested refunds should have received them long ago, it is inexcusable that they are intentionally holding on to money longer. What they have done with club red is revolting, moving people, causing logjams in the exits, and even blocking parking that goes unused all night. You want results, send something to Richards and maybe he'll write an article about it. Contact the NHL offices. I'm still disappointed with the threatening tone of their explanations of the three options to begin with, described in this thread in earlier posts.

@JOL. They are giving me a refund, so I don't need to go to claims court.. Thank you though.
@ Slick Cat. Thank you! I felt alone for a minute there. I have a new co-worker who was a long time Panther fan, but in the Mia Arena days and she told me that she was willing to pay extra for club parking because she showed up to the games late,and they turned her down. They said it was only for club season tix holders,but she said they opened the parking once the game started.. She was so disgusted with the treatment that she is no longer a ticket holder.
I just found it insulting that after nine years of being a season ticket holder and a die hard fan, they would shut me down and disregard me because I needed a refund. It's not like I was asking for 100k back, it was merely $150 ya know.. After 4 months of fighting, I finally got my refund.
I will go and contact GR about this and see what he can do, but I am not going to get my hopes up. I was hoping to get Viner's contact info because he is the owner, but all I got was Yormark and he did nothing.. As usual.

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:22 PM
  #44
PBPantherfan
Here we go again
 
PBPantherfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Cat View Post
You are not alone. I have not experienced the level off insulting service you described but they are less than customer friendly. Those who requested refunds should have received them long ago, it is inexcusable that they are intentionally holding on to money longer. What they have done with club red is revolting, moving people, causing logjams in the exits, and even blocking parking that goes unused all night. You want results, send something to Richards and maybe he'll write an article about it. Contact the NHL offices. I'm still disappointed with the threatening tone of their explanations of the three options to begin with, described in this thread in earlier posts.
My rep told me at the beginning of the season refunds would go out in 30 Days that would mean they will have had my money for over a year for Pete's sake. I'm just surprised that the season seat owner envelope they sent out didn't have renewal info in with a Jan 31st deadline or you wouldn't get playoff seats.

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.