HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

RobR [Made some stuff up]

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 05:30 PM
Jaded-Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shureshot66 View Post
All of the conflicting info that's been reported about Despres in the Trib in the past month is hard to reconcile. But it would clear things up a good bit if it turns out this first week was about showcasing him for a trade.
Answer honestly. What could he currently bring back in trade that would be worth trading him? If he plays all year and looks to be coming along, then yeah next year he could have some value. But right now? I am not sure he would bring all that much.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:31 PM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
I could get that, but I'm still stuck on something: Why Lovejoy over Bortuzzo?

Sometimes, I wonder if we get so focused on the idea that there had to be a logical explanation for a bad coaching decision that we ignore the most obvious answer.

I mean, if we say maybe Tangradi can't cut it because he stinks, then why can't we say maybe the Pens aren't a good hockey team because they've got a coach who stinks (with X's and O's, with handling one of his two most important players, with young players, etc)?
It's gotta be a Lovejoy "showcase." I don't think they want to carry 8 D, and I'd imagine they'd rather keep Bortuzzo over Lovejoy.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:33 PM
shureshot66
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Answer honestly. What could he currently bring back in trade that would be worth trading him? If he plays all year and looks to be coming along, then yeah next year he could have some value. But right now? I am not sure he would bring all that much.
Oh, I agree completely. I don't think he'd fetch a great return at all right now. I was just saying that it would explain how we went from hearing "Despres won't be invited to camp!" to "Despres might play on the top pairing!" from the Trib boys in a span of two days.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:34 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasty Biscuits View Post
It's gotta be a Lovejoy "showcase." I don't think they want to carry 8 D, and I'd imagine they'd rather keep Bortuzzo over Lovejoy.
That would be the explanation IF you believed that one needn't question Bylsma's ability to coach and develop young players of any talent level (who have not had much if any previous NHL experience).

Do you believe that?

Old
01-25-2013, 05:42 PM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

Quote:
That would be the explanation IF you believed that one needn't question Bylsma's ability to coach and develop young players of any talent level (who have not had much if any previous NHL experience).

Do you believe that?
Well, as far as Bylsma goes, for developing young talent at the NHL level...? I'm not confident. But I think Shero has a bit more pull in terms of who to keep/play, if he's thinking about moving someone. So I'm choosing to be optimistic about this one. Just 'cause it's still early in the season

Old
01-25-2013, 05:44 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasty Biscuits View Post
Well, as far as Bylsma goes, for developing young talent at the NHL level...? I'm not confident. But I think Shero has a bit more pull in terms of who to keep/play, if he's thinking about moving someone. So I'm choosing to be optimistic about this one. Just 'cause it's still early in the season
On an 'unrelated' note, what are you using to marinade your biscuits?

Old
01-25-2013, 05:52 PM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

Quote:
On an 'unrelated' note, what are you using to marinade your biscuits?
Probably shouldn't publicly share that information

Old
01-25-2013, 05:52 PM
chethejet

putting Tangradi on the second line is a a stretch. Simon will play a lot this year. I really don;t think he is on any block. Beau will be here in another month or so. I am not a Bylsma fan as he is in over his head and this team has to much talent to be so up and down. He can get a ordinary team to over achieve, but when he has the horses, he still defaults to the Matt Cookes and Kunitz type players because that who he is comfortable with. Go get Babcock and win some cups. Gruden won a Superbowl, anyone think he is a lights out head coach.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:34 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
Lets set a few things straight:

1) Rossi knows a moderate amount about the Pittsburgh Penguins
So do 60% of the posters in this forum, and none of us get paid to be Penguins beat writers. I would say in fact there are a decent number of posters who know far more about hockey, the league and the Pens than he does, or any other Pens beat writer or slovenly radio swine.

Quote:
2) He knows basically nothing about the NHL at large.
Truth. Yet NHL Radio interviews him occasionally as does NHL Network. Hopefully they stop. Makes them look really bad.

Quote:
3) Nobody within our organization or any other is making him privy to any pertinent info like potential trades or roster moves.
Big Truth ™. I've mentioned this before but some people refuse to accept it. I guess without the cognitive dissonance (I want to believe this rumor | I can't believe anything Rossi says because it's routinely proven to be fabricated BS), it makes it easier to justify paying attention to his rumors and crapola every spring and summer.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:00 AM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
So do 60% of the posters in this forum, and none of us get paid to be Penguins beat writers. I would say in fact there are a decent number of posters who know far more about hockey, the league and the Pens than he does, or any other Pens beat writer or slovenly radio swine.

Truth. Yet NHL Radio interviews him occasionally as does NHL Network. Hopefully they stop. Makes them look really bad.

Big Truth . I've mentioned this before but some people refuse to accept it. I guess without the cognitive dissonance (I want to believe this rumor | I can't believe anything Rossi says because it's routinely proven to be fabricated BS), it makes it easier to justify paying attention to his rumors and crapola every spring and summer.
So basically you're saying he;s the Bruce Garrioch of the Penguins...

Old
03-06-2013, 08:52 PM
roready
Brink, Truth, Life

Yep, I hear Depres plus for J. Johnson:

http://blog.triblive.com/chipped-ice...ginla-calgary/

Old
03-06-2013, 08:54 PM
WarriorScholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by roready View Post

you're special

Old
03-06-2013, 08:54 PM
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate

Quote:

Rob Rossi <------ I think I found the problem.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:55 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:

are you just trying to see how many threads you can get closed?

Old
03-06-2013, 08:55 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
now we know Rob's username.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:03 PM
roready
Brink, Truth, Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
are you just trying to see how many threads you can get closed?

Not really, but where do you go to speculate about a trade between Columbus and Pittsburgh?

Thanks!

Old
03-06-2013, 09:05 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

I think the only difference between Rossi and Eklund is that a publication was stupid enough to hire Rossi.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:07 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Not really, but where do you go to speculate about a trade between Columbus and Pittsburgh?

Thanks!
since the columbus GM came out and said 'this is ridiculous, we were just there to see a friend"

you go nowhere, for now...

Old
03-06-2013, 09:10 PM
roready
Brink, Truth, Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
since the columbus GM came out and said 'this is ridiculous, we were just there to see a friend"

you go nowhere, for now...

Thanks. I really don't care what Rossi says. But there was more than just the one latest scouting trip from Columbus to Pittsburgh, so I think there could be a trade between Columbus and Pittsburgh. Next time, I'll just speculate on my own and leave out the links to anyone else.

I thought it was best to have links in posts, but I'll stop doing that. Thanks

Old
03-06-2013, 09:22 PM
Jag68Sid87

I'm not buying the Despres+ for Jack Johnson rumor, but to say it's bogus because a GM said this that or the other thing is a bit of a naive way of thinking.

At this time of year, ESPECIALLY at this time of the year (pre-deadline), we should take EVERYTHING a GM says with mounds and mounds and mounds of salt.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Zero reason to bump this thread from Jan 25 unless your name is Ro* R****, and it's already been debunked by Columbus' GM.

Closed Thread