HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* PK Subban talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) II

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 04:09 PM
Snotbubbles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I am somewhat interested in the idea of a Subban<--> Couturier + 1st.

But first, I wish to read an honest assessment of Couturier's recent development in the NHL, his attitude and his contract situation.

Has he been performing and developing to what's expected of him?
Developement on track IMO. Had 28pts in 31 games down at the AHL.

Defensively he already has the ability to hang with the best in the game (as any Flyer fan will bring up his ability to hold Malkin in check at ES). Positionally he's like a 10 year vet already. He's good on the PK. He's not a big hitter, in fact, I can't recall him making one big hit ever. But he's smart, you don't see him taking bad penalties.

He looks somewhat awkward skating wise and isn't a speedster but he's certainly fast enough, but this is an area that he could work on but it certainly isn't a hinderance to his game.

Offensively, the sky is the limit for him. He is already strong with the puck along the boards and once he fills out, he'll have the size and strength to dominate there. He's a good passer, not great and he has a good shot.

Really, he just needs time to let his body mature. Right now he's rail thin.

Contract situation is he's in his second year of his ELC. No attitude/work ethic issues whatsoever.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:12 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
I am somewhat interested in the idea of a Subban<--> Couturier + 1st.

But first, I wish to read an honest assessment of Couturier's recent development in the NHL, his attitude and his contract situation.

Has he been performing and developing to what's expected of him?
Quote:
Point. Set. And Match.

Agreed. Someone cares to give me that Couturier scouting report?
Quote:
I couldn't give a rat's ass about what languages he speaks.

I wanna know how his development is going. If he has been able to withstand big minutes. If he handles the pressure well.
can someone please answer him lol I would if I could do a competent scouting report, but I've only seen his playoffs and the odd game here of there.

edit- Looks like the guy above me just did

Old
01-25-2013, 04:13 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
Developement on track IMO. Had 28pts in 31 games down at the AHL.

Defensively he already has the ability to hang with the best in the game (as any Flyer fan will bring up his ability to hold Malkin in check at ES). Positionally he's like a 10 year vet already. He's good on the PK. He's not a big hitter, in fact, I can't recall him making one big hit ever. But he's smart, you don't see him taking bad penalties.

He looks somewhat awkward skating wise and isn't a speedster but he's certainly fast enough, but this is an area that he could work on but it certainly isn't a hinderance to his game.

Offensively, the sky is the limit for him. He is already strong with the puck along the boards and once he fills out, he'll have the size and strength to dominate there. He's a good passer, not great and he has a good shot.

Really, he just needs time to let his body mature. Right now he's rail thin.

Contract situation is he's in his second year of his ELC. No attitude/work ethic issues whatsoever.
Thanks a lot for the time you took writing this. Very interesting.

As for the bolded part: this is the sort of thing I'd let professionals evaluate. Speed is a big part of Montreal's game, we cannot afford an awkward skater as a potential 2nd centre. Maybe our development staff can help him correct that... maybe not.

As for his defensive upside... methink we could potentially afford to trade Plek soon if he proves to be as strong as you claim it to be..

thanks!

Old
01-25-2013, 04:14 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Ryan Smyth

Oscar Klefbom+2 of Martin Marincin/David Musil/Magnus Paajarvi/Teemu Hartikainen+Oilers 2013 1st for Subban?

Old
01-25-2013, 04:16 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
can someone please answer him lol I would if I could do a competent scouting report, but I've only seen his playoffs and the odd game here of there.

edit- Looks like the guy above me just did
Yhea, thanks Snotbubbles! That was very nice of you!

Seriously, I like the idea of Couturier + 1st for Subban.

I realize it leaves us with a hole on our Defense, but it also means we'll potentially be settled for centres for the next 10 years, minimum, with plenty of spare parts to trade to acquire the replacement shutdown.

Btw, the +1st isn't negotiable. The point is; we'd be trading for something we don't really need at the moment, for something the Flyers do need. Therefore, overpayment.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:20 PM
Stizzle

Eklund says the Flyers will not consider Couturier in a trade for Subban and to kill the rumor. This should come as no surprise to Flyers fans. It has been reported a few times that Ed Snider loves Couturier. We all know everything Flyers starts and stops at the feet of Mr. Snider.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Yhea, thanks Snotbubbles! That was very nice of you!

Seriously, I like the idea of Couturier + 1st for Subban.

I realize it leaves us with a hole on our Defense, but it also means we'll potentially be settled for centres for the next 10 years, minimum, with plenty of spare parts to trade to acquire the replacement shutdown.

Btw, the +1st isn't negotiable. The point is; we'd be trading for something we don't really need at the moment, for something the Flyers do need. Therefore, overpayment.
No problem.

From Philly's perspective, I would pass on a Couturier + 1st for Subban. Brayden Schenn on the other hand...

Old
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
Eklund says the Flyers will not consider Couturier in a trade for Subban and to kill the rumor. This should come as no surprise to Flyers fans. It has been reported a few times that Ed Snider loves Couturier. We all know everything Flyers starts and stops at the feet of Mr. Snider.
Yhea... because Eklund is the master of killing rumors. His word is gold on hockey matters

Old
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Fine by me

Fraser is a solid player, and Bystrom is a highly rated defensive prospect.

Then again, I know what my team has.
You may know what your team has, but you have yet to figure out that quantity does not equal quality. If your team wants Subban, they'll have to step up to the plate and offer comparable talent, not numbers.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:24 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Yhea... because Eklund is the master of killing rumors. His word is gold on hockey matters
He does seem to have a pulse on the Flyers though.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:27 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Is this PK gong show still going on?

Old
01-25-2013, 04:36 PM
The Bored Man

vCash: 537
Quote:
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
Despite meeting in Toronto hearing no advancement in negotiations between #Canadiens and @PKSubban1
https://twitter.com/RealKyper/status/294935848745566208

Old
01-25-2013, 04:40 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
I don't think it was a legit rumor to begin with. I'd say it was just one guy coming up with something that he thought made sense for both teams.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:01 PM
Viller

Philly should offer sheet him. Let Montreal decice what they want to do.

Montreal has 0 leverage to be demanding a Couturier or Schenn, PK aint even under contract. Lower your demands or be stuck with a guy that doesn't want to play there or will hold a grudge against the organisation for this(aka GTFO of Montreal as soon as possible).

Old
01-25-2013, 05:03 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viller View Post
Philly should offer sheet him. Let Montreal decice what they want to do.

Montreal has 0 leverage to be demanding a Couturier or Schenn, PK aint even under contract. Lower your demands or be stuck with a guy that doesn't want to play there or will hold a grudge against the organisation for this(aka GTFO of Montreal as soon as possible).
You fail to comprehend the single largest factor that Montreal isn't shopping him or demanding anything. They want to sign him

Old
01-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
You fail to comprehend the single largest factor that Montreal isn't shopping him or demanding anything. They want to sign him
But for two years only.

I think there is a middle ground here but Philly wasn't afraid to offer-sheet Weber so I don't see why they aren't going to pursue that avenue. All of this sounds exactly like what happened in Boston with Kessel when the Leafs got involved.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:14 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
But for two years only.

I think there is a middle ground here but Philly wasn't afraid to offer-sheet Weber so I don't see why they aren't going to pursue that avenue. All of this sounds exactly like what happened in Boston with Kessel when the Leafs got involved.
I just don't understand how a deal can't be worked out. Subban wants to play in MTL, it's no secret and I doubt he's being unfair in his asking price to a point where Bergevin would low ball him that he won't sign.

Like does MB just hate him or something? Is Meehan being a rat? It's just so confusing by everything that has happened with Subban and the team and the city for this to be happening.

Ridiculous.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:22 PM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
I just don't understand how a deal can't be worked out. Subban wants to play in MTL, it's no secret and I doubt he's being unfair in his asking price to a point where Bergevin would low ball him that he won't sign.

Like does MB just hate him or something? Is Meehan being a rat? It's just so confusing by everything that has happened with Subban and the team and the city for this to be happening.

Ridiculous.
First of all, you don't know anything. What agents, players and GMs say to the media is 100% worthless. Maybe Subban wants to get out, maybe he doesn't. We don't know, and what he tells the media doesn't change that fact. That is why every single player is ''thrilled'' to be drafted by the Islanders or dealt to Columbus. It is why we hear the same speech after every intra-team fight during practice. ''It happens all the time, we are all good friends! Let's hug for the photo op!''. Bullcrap.

Also, if Subban wanted to play so badly for Montreal, he would take MBs offer, don't you think? This is about getting paid. There is nothing more to it.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:22 PM
Viller

Quote:
At half of his demanding price...

Old
01-25-2013, 05:25 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

How the f is this still going on? Just sign the kid... I don't even see cap concerns on the Habs...

Old
01-25-2013, 05:26 PM
jhjhjhjhjhjh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bored Man View Post
That's not what Renaud Lavoie said.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:33 PM
jhjhjhjhjhjh*

P.K will take the weekend to take a decision because MB is not flinching at all, Renaud Lavoie said that if P.K doesn't sign it'll likely be his last chance to get a deal done because MB is certainly not willing to hand him out a big contract.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:35 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the time you took writing this. Very interesting.

As for the bolded part: this is the sort of thing I'd let professionals evaluate. Speed is a big part of Montreal's game, we cannot afford an awkward skater as a potential 2nd centre. Maybe our development staff can help him correct that... maybe not.

As for his defensive upside... methink we could potentially afford to trade Plek soon if he proves to be as strong as you claim it to be..

thanks!
Couturier, while Gauthier was our gm, was very high on our scout list, gauthier himself goes to see couturier in the junior a couple of time and like we always have trevor timmins as scout chief, I'm pretty sure that our scouts didnt change their mind and see couturier as a great prospect.

That year the habs drafted Nathan Beaulieu, but I could bet my house that they wanted Couturier, some rumors said that they wanted to make a trade and be able to draft a couple of rank before.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:39 PM
jhjhjhjhjhjh*

Has this become a Couturier thread?

Old
01-25-2013, 05:40 PM
Viller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhjhjhjhjhjh View Post
P.K will take the weekend to take a decision because MB is not flinching at all, Renaud Lavoie said that if P.K doesn't sign it'll likely be his last chance to get a deal done because MB is certainly not willing to hand him out a big contract.
Who says he's not mulling over an offer sheet from someone? Holmgren always calls other GMs to warn them of an incoming OS so that might have been the call today, no one knows.

edit: Flyers would be stupid to not do this at this point:
●Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 - 1st round pick, 2nd, 3rd

Closed Thread