HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - 7.0 - Great with computers

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 05:52 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
This is not a grass is greener on the other side scenario.

Subban is forcing Bergevin's hand. If Bergevin folds now, every RFA will be looking for their chance to make him fold as well. Chaos.
After Geoff Molson thanks Bergevin for his services and all he has done for the organization it will be someone else's problem.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:53 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
No fans are more knowledgable than NHL executives, tired of whining fans
Well Gainey proved the opposite. And Bergevin will too if he trades Subban.

Old
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Come on man, our 4th lines weren't that bad, they'd just be depleted by injuries.

We'd have Moen on the 2nd line and all that, when that happens the 4th line will be made of AHL callups and Yannick Weber.
Now I know you are half serious most of the time.

Last place team in the East regards........

Old
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
bergevin gonna last the season in montreal??he better play his cards right or its going to be a short stint as habs g.m.
I don't understand posts like these... Do you honestly think that Molson has no say in this situation? If Subban gets traded it's because Molson gave Bergevin the OK.

Old
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
That's funny because it's not Bergevin who came out with the bridge contracts to other players that a lot of people here refer to.

PK Subban is a lot more proven at this point than Price, Gorges and Maxpac were when they signed their respective contracts. Had Price not lost his spot to Halak and if he was the one who took us to the Eastern Conference finals, I doubt he would have only signed for two years.

Yeah, it won't look good for Bergevin at all if we lose PK. What's the point of ''rebuilding'' if you end up trading your young players because you don't want to give them a longer contract than 2 years?
The ironic thing is the team wanted to sign him LONG-TERM to get him at a good price, it was Price who wanted a short term deal to prove himself.

NOW with Subban they want a short term deal so he can prove himself rather than getting him on a good long term price. I'm confused.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:54 PM
E = CH²

Quote:

Subban is forcing Bergevin's hand. If Bergevin folds now, every RFA will be looking for their chance to make him fold as well. Chaos.
Bergevin painted himself in a corner like the moron that he is.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:55 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
If Beaulieu and Galchenyuk earn 5 million a year contracts as Subban has, let us drink and be merry, for we may have a cup contender on our hands.
wrong, if all your players below 25 are making 5 Mil or so, you'll be far from a contender as you'll have no $ for depth.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:56 PM
WG

Quote:

Subban is forcing Bergevin's hand. If Bergevin folds now, every RFA who performs as well as PK Subban in his first two years will be looking for their chance to make him fold as well. Chaos.
That's more like it.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:56 PM
icerocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
wrong, if all your players below 25 are making 5 Mil or so, you'll be far from a contender as you'll have no $ for depth.
Ya I'm sure he meant all of the players under 25.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:57 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUKg0a5M39k

Just a taste of what to look forward to guys..

=]
Just a taste to what the Flyers can look forward to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd46Up_XGac

Old
01-25-2013, 05:58 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
No fans are more knowledgable than NHL executives, tired of whining fans
A lot of fans are smarter and more educated, though. A lot of posters on this board are. True, those ones haven't been inside NHL boardrooms yet. But if they were, they'd be smarter and more educated and be capable of doing every bit as much/better as NHL executives/ex-players. But then, a lot wouldn't too.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:58 PM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
That's one thing I don't understand about MB. He came from Chicago where they locked out their young talent to long term deals, and then comes to MTL and sticks to a principle that he had nothing to do with. Signing Subban to a long term deal is better for the club, unless he's wanted to get rid of him all along.
which players from within the organisations as he sign??? NONE, the feedback he got from people may not be as positive as what fans, NOT IN THE NOW, within the organisations, thinks.... may he be wrong? SURE, will i blame him to be sure before investing 30 - 40 millions on a guy? NOT AT ALL !!!

Old
01-25-2013, 05:59 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
GMs make mistakes though - Gainey not only traded for Gomez, he decided to throw in McDonagh for ***** and giggles.

Trading PK will likely end up being a mistake - I just hope it doesn't come to that.
You are posting half of the story.

Gainey did make that trade and we all know who the participants were.

Subban has not been traded and you are already deeming it a failure without even knowing who would be involved in the trade.

And Bergevin is not Gainey. Quite the opposite. He is showing that he is not willing to manage the Habs by simply throwing money around.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:00 PM
haburger

Quote:
In 2016, everybody would be settle in the new CBA and the Habs brass would have known Galchenyuk for three years, they probably won't have the doubts that they may have with PK so will see what happens then...
if they dont know pk and what he brings to the table they shouldnt be in nhl managment.what will happen is mb (if he's not fired) will do the samt to galchenyuk.his elc is 3.25 per.a couple 20+ goal seasons and that almost doubles.how hard is it for people to realize that young top end talent like skinner,hall,carlson myers, hedman,are getting paid on POTENTIAL !!!!that is how it works in the nhl in the year 2013. those guys have all been signed to large deals.go to capgeek,nhl numbers etc. and tell me if i'm wrong.

Old
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Well Gainey proved the opposite. And Bergevin will too if he trades Subban.
Gainey as been involve in hockey and paid to do so for more than 30 years, yeah he did dumb move, i'll still believe he know's more in hockey than you....... and me....

Old
JohnLennon

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
bergevin gonna last the season in montreal??he better play his cards right or its going to be a short stint as habs g.m.
You've got to be kidding me with that. Is there something wrong with you guys? There is no way Bergevin is being let go anytime soon. He has the full support of the ownership.

Every second post in here is ridiculous! Subban is awesome, he is my favorite player, but you guys are overrating him beyond belief. I would rather we had a competent, smart GM who doesn't throw around huge contracts and sticks to his team philosophy than just doing whatever it takes to please the stupid, ignorant fans.

Listen, Subban isn't worth much more than 5 million at this point. He isn't worth tying ourselves up with a long-term contract for either. He is probably our top defenseman, but he is still a kid and really still hasn't proven as much as you all seem to think. He still takes way too many stupid penalties and has only played two seasons, never getting more than 38 points, with only 7 goals in 81 games last season. He is still a kid. I would much rather Bergevin give Subban his best possible offer for what he has shown thus far and for what we can reasonably expect from him within the next year or two, as opposed to giving Subban all he wants just to have him on the team, and potentially seriously screwing ourselves over. Subban needs to prove himself, and he does not deserve a long-term contract yet, unless the numbers are reasonable. Glad Bergevin is standing his ground, I have great confidence in him.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:01 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Gainey as been involve in hockey and paid to do so for more than 30 years, yeah he did dumb move, i'll still believe he know's more in hockey than you....... and me....
Gainey lost interest after his daughter died in November 2007.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:01 PM
haburger

Quote:
You are posting half of the story.

Gainey did make that trade and we all know who the participants were.

Subban has not been traded and you are already deeming it a failure without even knowing who would be involved in the trade.

And Bergevin is not Gainey. Quite the opposite. He is showing that he is not willing to manage the Habs by simply throwing money around.
paying a player market value is throwing money around?lol.ok.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:02 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
Ya I'm sure he meant all of the players under 25.
beaulieu, galchenuyk, subban, price, pacioretti... 25 mil right there

Old
01-25-2013, 06:02 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUKg0a5M39k

Just a taste of what to look forward to guys..

=]
These highlights weren't really impressive..

I mean, Couturier pulled a Pleky-style interception in the O-zone for the 2nd goal, sure. But he scored on Fleury, not the greatest of goalies..

The other goals, he just was at the right place at the right time. He actually lost the puck in his zone entry for the 1st goal, and got only luck that his teammate intervened at the right time.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:03 PM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
A lot of fans are smarter and more educated, though. A lot of posters on this board are. True, those ones haven't been inside NHL boardrooms yet. But if they were, they'd be smarter and more educated and be capable of doing every bit as much/better as NHL executives/ex-players. But then, a lot wouldn't too.
smarter yes
more educated yes
more knowledgable on hockey related matter.... i seriously doubt it.... but it doesn't mean a lot would try to convince us they would....

Old
01-25-2013, 06:04 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
If all our prospects succeed then we're a great team.

Beaulieu would need to be as good as Subban to get 5 million. Galchenyuk would need to meet expectations. We are bloody set if that happens !!!!

Old
01-25-2013, 06:05 PM
icerocket

Quote:
So your philosophy is to not pay players their value? And isn't it a bit early to start talking about Beaulieu's salary?

Old
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
which players from within the organisations as he sign??? NONE, the feedback he got from people may not be as positive as what fans, NOT IN THE NOW, within the organisations, thinks.... may he be wrong? SURE, will i blame him to be sure before investing 30 - 40 millions on a guy? NOT AT ALL !!!
That was very hard to decipher but I'm going to assume you are talking about Montreal players.

He signed Carey Price to 6 years 6.5 million per
Max Pacioretty 6 years 4.5 million per

He was also on the Chicago management staff when Hossa, Toews, Kane, Keith and Seabrook were all signed to very long deals. Kane and Toews were coming off ELC as well.

It just feels like there's something about PK that MB doesn't like and either wants to get rid of him and is trying to sign him to a short contract to appease people to think he gave him a chance. This again, is just a gut feeling and personal opinion.

Old
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
I'd rather our GM cared about signing our best skater than locking up players in our bottom 6 long term. I like both guys but Subban should've been priority when Bergevin came aboard.
You are selling Prust way too short.

You are also dismissing the roles of Moen and White.

This team after 3 games is so much different than the passive "take it and like it" approach of Gauthier/Martin.

I will refer back to what ECH (not sure of the initials) said on one of his posts.

Impact. What impact does Subban have on the game as it is being played?

I want PK given a contract because he does have talent. I do not want to give away the future for that talent that does not have a lot of impact.

Closed Thread