HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - 7.0 - Great with computers

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 07:06 PM
HABsurde

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
if they dont know pk and what he brings to the table they shouldnt be in nhl managment.what will happen is mb (if he's not fired) will do the samt to galchenyuk.his elc is 3.25 per.a couple 20+ goal seasons and that almost doubles.how hard is it for people to realize that young top end talent like skinner,hall,carlson myers, hedman,are getting paid on POTENTIAL !!!!that is how it works in the nhl in the year 2013. those guys have all been signed to large deals.go to capgeek,nhl numbers etc. and tell me if i'm wrong.
they know what he brings on the ice, sadly managing a team is more than only ice antics, it's also perception in the room, and other stuff, and until you spent sometimes with the individuals, how could you know what kind of person he really is....

Old
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
See ya don't let the door hit ya on the way out.....

Subban is NOT the best or most important player on this team. Hands dowsn that player is Price.

Price Plekaned Pacioretty and so on and so all accepted that transition 2 year contract. They proved they could mature as a perason and improve as players and were all rewarded with long term big money deals.

Montreal has always rewarded their players...Subban is no different....Sign his 2 year contract and his big pay day will come.

He is not Stamkos Malkin Crosby type game changer.....

How was the PP with Subban as the number 1?
hmmmm...It sucked balls!

Markov is back and Diaz looks like he's Bobby Orr all of a sudden.
Subban does not have that same effect, he does not make players around him better....at least not yet!

This being said I would love for Montreal to keep Subban but not at any price like some here would suggest!
Plekanec and Price had terrible years when they signed their "bridging" contract, while Pacioretty was still an unknown commodity. Subban has earned a big contract, and were he on another team, he would have received one. Montreal is locked into an archaic philosophy that will be a detriment to this team.

You are severely underestimating Subban to justify this ridiculous stance of management. We are three games into the season. Do you believe Diaz is going to maintain his current pace anymore than Nazem Kadri will in Toronto? One day Montreal needs to join the remaining twenty-nine teams in the modernized NHL world. Bridging deals for star players are the exception, not the rule. Frankly, they are nearly extinct.

Old
HomaridII

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod
PK & his fam will consult w/ agents Don Meehan & Mark Guy over weekend. Seems to be some minor wiggle room on both sides. We shall see (2/2)

Playing catch-up here, but Subban's agent & Montreal's group met today, and should reconnect on Monday... (1/2)

Old
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Gainey lost interest after his daughter died in November 2007.
your right

Old
01-25-2013, 07:07 PM
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
You've got to be kidding me with that. Is there something wrong with you guys? There is no way Bergevin is being let go anytime soon. He has the full support of the ownership.

Every second post in here is ridiculous! Subban is awesome, he is my favorite player, but you guys are overrating him beyond belief. I would rather we had a competent, smart GM who doesn't throw around huge contracts and sticks to his team philosophy than just doing whatever it takes to please the stupid, ignorant fans.

Listen, Subban isn't worth much more than 5 million at this point. He isn't worth tying ourselves up with a long-term contract for either. He is probably our top defenseman, but he is still a kid and really still hasn't proven as much as you all seem to think. He still takes way too many stupid penalties and has only played two seasons, never getting more than 38 points, with only 7 goals in 81 games last season. He is still a kid. I would much rather Bergevin give Subban his best possible offer for what he has shown thus far and for what we can reasonably expect from him within the next year or two, as opposed to giving Subban all he wants just to have him on the team, and potentially seriously screwing ourselves over. Subban needs to prove himself, and he does not deserve a long-term contract yet, unless the numbers are reasonable. Glad Bergevin is standing his ground, I have great confidence in him.
things can change very fast in habs land bud.gm's,coaches ,assistants can be canned on a moments notice no matter how much"support"he has from ownership.i ve seen it many times in the last 25 years.bergevin is walking the edge right now,that is certain.not locking up you re best d man can have huge consequences for years to come.if (god i hope not) pk is dealt there had better be a massive return(couturier is a joke)or his days wi ll be numbered.

Old
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
If all our prospects succeed then we're a great team.

Beaulieu would need to be as good as Subban to get 5 million. Galchenyuk would need to meet expectations. We are bloody set if that happens !!!!
not at all, few of them are already at those salaries and none are at their prime yet.

Old
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Enough of the alarmists and the baffling Couturier fanboys (You know he's not French, right?).

What reasons could PK need to look over the offers with his family?

Old
01-25-2013, 07:08 PM
WG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
beaulieu, galchenuyk, subban, price, pacioretti... 25 mil right there
Price, Max, Gionta, Kaberle, Gorges, Gomez' buyout...how much are we up to now?

This is how the cap teams work, you have a core group of a few top players who get the money, the 5th/6th D and 4th liners take what's left.

I would be thrilled if Gally, Beaulieu, PK et al all warrant $5M contracts, better to have $5M young players on the rise vs. $5M vets who you hope can live up to the contracts by the end.

Old
01-25-2013, 07:08 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
PK & his fam will consult w/ agents Don Meehan & Mark Guy over weekend. Seems to be some minor wiggle room on both sides. We shall see (2/2)

Playing catch-up here, but Subban's agent & Montreal's group met today, and should reconnect on Monday... (1/2)
That seems optimistic, which I like.

Old
01-25-2013, 07:10 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:

Nice.

Let's sign him quick so we can watch him do the good ol' Subbie-doo shuffle, ASAP.

Old
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by WG View Post
Price, Max, Gionta, Kaberle, Gorges, Gomez' buyout...how much are we up to now?

This is how the cap teams work, you have a core group of a few top players who get the money, the 5th/6th D and 4th liners take what's left.

I would be thrilled if Gally, Beaulieu, PK et al all warrant $5M contracts, better to have $5M young players on the rise vs. $5M vets who you hope can live up to the contracts by the end.
Yup. Markov, Subban, Price, Galchenyuk, Patches are the core pieces to build around right now.

Cole, DD, Plekanec, Gionta, Gorges, Eller, Emelin are all secondary core pieces that you'd like to keep. However I believe DD and Gionta could be upgraded. We need an upgrade on Bourque too.

Old
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
MB has to deal with each RFA individually. He has to know which wants merit a long term contracts and which one required a bridge contract. Blindly applying a bridge contract to all RFAs is just stupid.
You are stating the obvious.

MB is dealing with Subban as an individual and has come to the conclusion that he does not merit a long term contract.

Simple as that. MB gets paid to make the decisions. Not you or I.

Old
01-25-2013, 07:11 PM
HomaridII

I predict he signs over the weekend (Sunday) or Monday, 3 years, around 4 million per year.

Old
JetsHomer

Is there any other team in the league that has this ridicoulous "bridge contract" policy?

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

You know how Q biased I am.....but if this Couturier for Subban deal happens, I'll be pissed. Clearly, we will be getting something contrary to the McDonagh trade, yet, everyboyd with half of a brain know that the value of a d-man is much more important than a forward. And while it's tough to compare both players, if at best your analysis of that trade is that we are actually switching an equal value of talent....we get screwed here like there's no tomorrow.

WE DO NOT HAVE IN OUR SYSTEM ANYBODY THAT CAN TIE PK'S SKATES. And if you name me Markov, well I will tell you that he's one injury to never be able to lace his own skates. There's so many people in here that lives in the moment that they don't just see the obvious. Markov is gone and you can forget to be competitive without Subban. And it's not Diaz start of the season that will change anything. A d-man could log of that caliber could log 27 minute easily day in and day out. He brings talent, brings grit, brings speed, brings everything. Other teams are already basing their ****ing gameplan with him in mind.

YOU DO NOT FILL A VOID BY EMPTYING ANOTHER ONE. Makes no sense.

Old
01-25-2013, 07:12 PM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Bergevin painted himself in a corner like the moron that he is.
Really? He's a moron? Because he refuses to have an RFA dictate policy and cap management to him and the organization?

I'm curious to know exactly how much Subban is asking per season and what term he is asking for. I'm curious because nobody seems to know. And because nobody knows what the number or duration is then all this speculation is meaningless.

It seems that judgements are being made here based on NO information.

So the question begs; who is the moron in this scenario? The guy (MB) who has all the information and is qualified to be a GM or a poster with NO information who isn't getting his way?

Old
01-25-2013, 07:12 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:

Get it done and he'll meet the team for the game against New Jersey.

Old
01-25-2013, 07:13 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
MB will be suckin' dick to sign 4th liners if he gives into Subban! Is that the kind of reality you want for your team?

New vistas and horizons of intellectual fulfillment being reached in this thread.
You brought up "suckin' dick" because Bergevin's idea of running an NHL team is different than yours. That is a new vista (more like a new valley)

If you think you can do better, send in your resume.

Old
01-25-2013, 07:14 PM
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
they know what he brings on the ice, sadly managing a team is more than only ice antics, it's also perception in the room, and other stuff, and until you spent sometimes with the individuals, how could you know what kind of person he really is....
that is a brutal reason to possibly drive away the best d man prospect we've had in a decade.bergevin is acting like a clown and i cant wait to hear his explanation as to why.

Old
01-25-2013, 07:15 PM
JohnLennon

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
things can change very fast in habs land bud.gm's,coaches ,assistants can be canned on a moments notice no matter how much"support"he has from ownership.i ve seen it many times in the last 25 years.bergevin is walking the edge right now,that is certain.not locking up you re best d man can have huge consequences for years to come.if (god i hope not) pk is dealt there had better be a massive return(couturier is a joke)or his days wi ll be numbered.
Come on dude! Think about what you're saying!! There have been three NHL games and you think he is "walking on the edge"? He is probably one of the GMs in the league with the most SECURE jobs after all that was said in the offseason by Molson. That would begin to change if he actually made a decidedly awful move, but at this point he is nowhere NEAR the edge!

As for what you just said: "gm's,coaches ,assistants can be canned on a moments notice no matter how much"support"he has from ownership." BUDDY! You do realize the ownership is the one that HIRES AND FIRES GMs, right? So actually, it does matter how much "support" they have from ownership. And our ownership gave him their full confidence during the off-season. Bergevin is here to stay for the time being, and his job is secure. I like what I have seen so far, too.

Old
01-25-2013, 07:15 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
Gainey as been involve in hockey and paid to do so for more than 30 years, yeah he did dumb move, i'll still believe he know's more in hockey than you....... and me....
Anyone remotely competent wouldn't have done a 1st round prospect + higgins for Gomez when everyone knew rangers were trying to sign Gaborik but didn't have the cap space to do so. Not to mention Gomez had negative value because of his cap hit.

It was completely lacking in reasoning, knowledge, cap smarts or any other type of skills required to be a NHL GM.

It's not just a bad move. It is like willingly pressing your palm on a hot stove while perfectly sober. Sure that's one bad move, but common.. no one sane would do that.

Old
01-25-2013, 07:16 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
You brought up "suckin' dick" because Bergevin's idea of running an NHL team is different than yours. That is a new vista (more like a new valley)

If you think you can do better, send in your resume.
You're ridiculous with your resume diss. Really you are.

Old
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Enough of the alarmists and the baffling Couturier fanboys (You know he's not French, right?).

What reasons could PK need to look over the offers with his family?
Maybe Subban should listen to his dad (and mom), who seems to be a no nonsense school Principal.

He should also take example (as well as being a positive example) for his younger brothers who seem way more serious, humble and quieter than him

Old
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WG View Post
That's more like it.
No, its not.

Subban is now overvaluing his efforts. And with that, so will every other Montreal RFA.

It would create a new hockey term. Subbanning.

For example. RFA player to his friends.......

"I heard that they are going to offer me a two year contract for under two million. I am worth more than that. I am going to hire Meehan, hold out and show them what a good Subanning is all about".

Old
01-25-2013, 07:18 PM
icerocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
No, its not.

Subban is now overvaluing his efforts. And with that, so will every other Montreal RFA.

It would create a new hockey term. Subbanning.

For example. RFA player to his friends.......

"I heard that they are going to offer me a two year contract for under two million. I am worth more than that. I am going to hire Meehan, hold out and show them what a good Subanning is all about".
This is great logic. Wait... no it isn't.

Closed Thread