HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - 7.0 - Great with computers

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 06:18 PM
WeThreeKings

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Maybe Subban should listen to his dad (and mom), who seems to be a no nonsense school Principal.

He should also take example (as well as being a positive example) for his younger brothers who seem way more serious, humble and quieter than him
They also suck compared to him.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:19 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Get it done and he'll meet the team for the game against New Jersey.
I think they would probably give him 2-3 days practice at least.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:19 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Maybe Subban should listen to his dad (and mom), who seems to be a no nonsense school Principal.

He should also take example (as well as being a positive example) for his younger brothers who seem way more serious, humble and quieter than him
Are you really serious?

Old
01-25-2013, 06:20 PM
JohnLennon

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Bergevin painted himself in a corner like the moron that he is.
I have no words.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:21 PM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Enough of the alarmists and the baffling Couturier fanboys (You know he's not French, right?).

What reasons could PK need to look over the offers with his family?
what do you mean he's not french??? of course he's not french, he's canadian, does he speak french, well, yes he does....

Old
01-25-2013, 06:21 PM

Time to take a deep breath here fellas... I'm going to continue to give MB the benefit of the doubt until proven he doesn't deserve it

both sides want the same thing, for PK to sign in MTL... I know the media likes to send habs fans in a tizzy, but there's a lot of bridges to cross before this turns into a trade for PK out of town

The desire for PK to remain in mtl is reciprocal, they just need to find a common financial ground...

As I said earlier, I think it's more likely they'll make him sit, then trade him, there isn't an executive in the nhl who doesn't know how good PK is, but more importantly, how great he can become

Let's take a deep breath and let the process play out... This is like the lockout all over again

Old
01-25-2013, 06:22 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
what do you mean he's not french??? of course he's not french, he's canadian, does he speak french, well, yes he does....
He's not "quebecois" then.

Whatever the fans scream for.

It's the only explanation to want him in exchange for Subban

Old
01-25-2013, 06:22 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
2 Philly writers put cold water on another stupid rumor:

Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN
Flyers still not asking about Subban. Same as past fall.

Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull
SOURCE: #Flyers have had NO discussions about making an offer to Subban.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:23 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
You are stating the obvious.

MB is dealing with Subban as an individual and has come to the conclusion that he does not merit a long term contract.

Simple as that. MB gets paid to make the decisions. Not you or I.
Yeah, but we pay him to make those decisions. Albeit indirectly. So for sure we get to criticize the decisions on HFBoards.

Old
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
Really? He's a moron? Because he refuses to have an RFA dictate policy and cap management to him and the organization?

I'm curious to know exactly how much Subban is asking per season and what term he is asking for. I'm curious because nobody seems to know. And because nobody knows what the number or duration is then all this speculation is meaningless.

It seems that judgements are being made here based on NO information.

So the question begs; who is the moron in this scenario? The guy (MB) who has all the information and is qualified to be a GM or a poster with NO information who isn't getting his way?
He would be a moron because he is allowing his dated philosophies to put him at a competitive disadvantage with every other team in the league. By all reports, Subban's demands are not outrageous. He simply wants term instead of a nonsense bridging contract to "prove himself" when he already has.

Old
NotProkofievian

Quote:
You brought up "suckin' dick" because Bergevin's idea of running an NHL team is different than yours. That is a new vista (more like a new valley)

If you think you can do better, send in your resume.
Lol, no, I brought it up to satirize your ridiculous slippery slope. I don't disagree with MB's version of running a team. If I were to think about why I don't, it might be because of a number of reasons....but probably the biggest one would be the fact that I don't actually know what he's offering Subban. I also don't know what Subban is offering or expecting. What I do resent is the character assassination of Subban by ~90% of the board members here, including yourself. I particularly resent you and your opinions because you've admitted that in approaching the problem of whether MB or Subban are being unreasonable or reasonable, you've assumed that whatever MB does is reasonable. That's called begging the question. There, you learned something today.

Your second point is laughable. Do you not disagree with any of Obama's policies? If you do, send in your resume.

Do you see how retarded that sounds?

Old
01-25-2013, 06:25 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
You're ridiculous with your resume diss. Really you are.
But after its all said and done, you and the other posters will log off tonight and go out and party or do whatever on a Friday night. The only worries will be whether the blonde or the brunette is hotter.

Meanwhile, Bergevin will go to bed tonight worrying about how he can improve this team long term while still fitting all of the pieces into the puzzle under the salary cap.

I take Bergevin's opinion over someone who simply wastes time talking about hockey.

Sorry man. But that's how it really is.

PS (his resume would immediately go into the garbage can once they got it. Not enough experience)

Old
01-25-2013, 06:25 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
You know how Q biased I am.....but if this Couturier for Subban deal happens, I'll be pissed. Clearly, we will be getting something contrary to the McDonagh trade, yet, everyboyd with half of a brain know that the value of a d-man is much more important than a forward. And while it's tough to compare both players, if at best your analysis of that trade is that we are actually switching an equal value of talent....we get screwed here like there's no tomorrow.

WE DO NOT HAVE IN OUR SYSTEM ANYBODY THAT CAN TIE PK'S SKATES. And if you name me Markov, well I will tell you that he's one injury to never be able to lace his own skates. There's so many people in here that lives in the moment that they don't just see the obvious. Markov is gone and you can forget to be competitive without Subban. And it's not Diaz start of the season that will change anything. A d-man could log of that caliber could log 27 minute easily day in and day out. He brings talent, brings grit, brings speed, brings everything. Other teams are already basing their ****ing gameplan with him in mind.

YOU DO NOT FILL A VOID BY EMPTYING ANOTHER ONE. Makes no sense.
For once in a blue moon, we entirely agree.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:27 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
Really? He's a moron? Because he refuses to have an RFA dictate policy and cap management to him and the organization?
While the stars were trying to ink their young RFA Benn to a long term deal, habs are doing the opposite. Insisting on a short term deal. It's moronic. When you have a stud player you try to get him signed for as long as possible before he assuredly becomes better and worth more.

Quote:
I'm curious to know exactly how much Subban is asking per season and what term he is asking for. I'm curious because nobody seems to know. And because nobody knows what the number or duration is then all this speculation is meaningless.
Stubbs tweeted it wasn't anywhere near doughty money.

In his article Stubbs said PK submitted 6 names to the habs for comparables. This suggests that the money he is asking for is at the very least below 6M, most likely around 4-5M since there is no way PK has 6 comparables above 6M unless he is including UFAs in his comparables which doesn't make any sense.

In the same article it is said the habs agree with Subban's comparables but are insisting on a bridge contract.

That's why Bergevin is an idiot. I've already lost all confidence in him because his first challenge has been a huge fail so far. It is well known at this point the habs are insisting on a bridge contract, and that's just stupid. I'm sorry but it is.

Also I trust 100% into what Stubbs wrote because he got direct quotes and doesn't have a history of making **** up.

Quote:
It seems that judgements are being made here based on NO information.
I have enough information to make educated guesses.

It's possible that Bergevin changes his mind and signs PK to a long term deal but I now evaluate the chances of that happening to less than 5%.

Quote:
So the question begs; who is the moron in this scenario? The guy (MB) who has all the information and is qualified to be a GM or a poster with NO information who isn't getting his way?
I heard the same thing back when Gainey was GM. Yawn.

Old
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
This is great logic. Wait... no it isn't.
You are probably correct. The up and coming young players will probably not put themselves above the Montreal Canadiens and sign a contract instead of holding out.

Old
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
that is a brutal reason to possibly drive away the best d man prospect we've had in a decade.bergevin is acting like a clown and i cant wait to hear his explanation as to why.
If the best d man prospect we've had in a decade is not meshing well with the rest (Not saying it's the case, we don't know that) he should trade everyone that doesn't fit with the guy just to please the best d man prospect.... If Markov and Plekanec can't stand PK, we trade them? if Gionta doesn't like some of the antics of PK of the ice, let's kick is captain butt to the curve?

If they're are no outside reason on Bergevin's part than just not wanting to do more then a 2 year bridge contract on principle, i'd be piss also, but the fact that they're might be more into this than just that and that a lot of people don't seem to realize that it might be the case is completely baffling me....

Old
01-25-2013, 06:28 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
But after its all said and done, you and the other posters will log off tonight and go out and party or do whatever on a Friday night. The only worries will be whether the blonde or the brunette is hotter.

Meanwhile, Bergevin will go to bed tonight worrying about how he can improve this team long term while still fitting all of the pieces into the puzzle under the salary cap.

I take Bergevin's opinion over someone who simply wastes time talking about hockey.

Sorry man. But that's how it really is.

PS (his resume would immediately go into the garbage can once they got it. Not enough experience)
Pretty easy how he can improve his team. By signing his stud Defenseman who is waiting for a reasonable contract that he has earned.

Old
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Yeah, but we pay him to make those decisions. Albeit indirectly. So for sure we get to criticize the decisions on HFBoards.
True.

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Lol, no, I brought it up to satirize your ridiculous slippery slope. I don't disagree with MB's version of running a team. If I were to think about why I don't, it might be because of a number of reasons....but probably the biggest one would be the fact that I don't actually know what he's offering Subban. I also don't know what Subban is offering or expecting. What I do resent is the character assassination of Subban by ~90% of the board members here, including yourself. I particularly resent you and your opinions because you've admitted that in approaching the problem of whether MB or Subban are being unreasonable or reasonable, you've assumed that whatever MB does is reasonable. That's called begging the question. There, you learned something today.

Your second point is laughable. Do you not disagree with any of Obama's policies? If you do, send in your resume.

Do you see how retarded that sounds?
Well said... Agreed 100 %

Old
01-25-2013, 06:31 PM
HABsurde

Quote:
Anyone remotely competent wouldn't have done a 1st round prospect + higgins for Gomez when everyone knew rangers were trying to sign Gaborik but didn't have the cap space to do so. Not to mention Gomez had negative value because of his cap hit.

It was completely lacking in reasoning, knowledge, cap smarts or any other type of skills required to be a NHL GM.

It's not just a bad move. It is like willingly pressing your palm on a hot stove while perfectly sober. Sure that's one bad move, but common.. no one sane would do that.
And when Cammalari ang Gionta mention that the fact that Gomez was acquired by the Habs made them more willing to sign with the club?

Yeah from the outside, we all know it was a dumb move, but we weren't in the conversation, we don't know all the facts... it will never make it a good trade, but knowing everything can shed some lights...

Old
01-25-2013, 06:31 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:

smarter yes
more educated yes
more knowledgable on hockey related matter.... i seriously doubt it.... but it doesn't mean a lot would try to convince us they would....
"Knowledgeable on hockey related matters"... means what? For a coach, it's one thing. For a GM, quite another. I'd bet anything that there are posters here who, if they got paid megabucks to make being an NHL GM their career, would pick up any gaps in "knowledge" in an awful hurry. And then use their superior smartness and education to do a better job managing the team. And I think there are already a few who will have better awareness of statistics and player identities than some NHL GMs do. Even while doing it gratis as a hobby. I don't think you need to put some of these hockey execs on a pedestal. As Habs fans we ought to know that better than most, given what we've seen in recent years.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:33 PM
Habtchum*

Nobody concerned talked about a trade. Not PK, nor his agent, and even less Bergevin.

Subban won't be traded. He will sign sooner than later or he will sit at home ( or play in Europe) until he get his UFA status in the NHL.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:34 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
For once in a blue moon, we entirely agree.
There's a first for everything.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:35 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
He would be a moron because he is allowing his dated philosophies to put him at a competitive disadvantage with every other team in the league. By all reports, Subban's demands are not outrageous. He simply wants term instead of a nonsense bridging contract to "prove himself" when he already has.
I do not why a GM wanted to handcuff himself by insisting on bridge contracts. He imposed certain principle which remove a lot of flexibility for himself. First it was Gainey and the principle of "no contract talk during the season". Now MB with bridge contract for all players coming out of ELC?

Old
01-25-2013, 06:35 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
And when Cammalari ang Gionta mention that the fact that Gomez was acquired by the Habs made them more willing to sign with the club?
Hahahahaha.. oh boy I hadn't heard that argument in a while. Especially now that Cammy got traded mid game after being a huge prima donna.

My response to this has always been :

Players go where the money is.

When Gionta asked Lou if he could match the habs offer, Lou said, go.. that's a really good offer sign with them. That's why Gionta signed with us. Not because of the Gomez trade. Stop kidding yourself.

Quote:
Yeah from the outside, we all know it was a dumb move, but we weren't in the conversation, we don't know all the facts... it will never make it a good trade, but knowing everything can shed some lights...
Nope. No justification for it. Nothing could have been said in any room that would have made it make sense.

Closed Thread