HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Prospect Stats and Discussion: 2012-13

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-20-2013, 07:15 PM
  #626
MeestaDeteta
Registered User
 
MeestaDeteta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Saskazoo
Posts: 7,426
vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers4life1987 View Post
Till when do the Oilers have to sign Bigos to a pro contract?
This summer, I've heard its unlikely he's signed before then.

MeestaDeteta is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 07:09 AM
  #627
Grod
The New Era Lives On
 
Grod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Which one? I've never had a chance to see Jordan play.
I was referring to Malcolm. Jordan looked like a smaller PK in the prospects game.

Grod is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 09:05 AM
  #628
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,004
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailor Hopberle View Post
This summer, I've heard its unlikely he's signed before then.
That's because as soon as he signs he is no longer eligible for College hockey.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 09:43 AM
  #629
MeestaDeteta
Registered User
 
MeestaDeteta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Saskazoo
Posts: 7,426
vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
That's because as soon as he signs he is no longer eligible for College hockey.
I don't think we re-sign him before the deadline, which will mean he's no longer Oilers property.

MeestaDeteta is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 10:25 AM
  #630
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers4life1987 View Post
Till when do the Oilers have to sign Bigos to a pro contract?
I believe Bigos' is an interesting situation because he was drafted as a 20 year old out of the BCHL.

I think he'll be a UFA by the time the Oilers can/will sign him.

Since he's graduating, he can sign any time after his season and play-offs ends which is probably around late February.

dnicks17 is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 02:14 AM
  #631
Kolja
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country:
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
The Edmonton 2012 4th round pick, Erik Gustafsson, seems to be doing allright in the Swedish 2nd division.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=15372

Could be something there.

Kolja is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 03:28 AM
  #632
OiledUp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Sweden
Posts: 964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolja View Post
The Edmonton 2012 4th round pick, Erik Gustafsson, seems to be doing allright in the Swedish 2nd division.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=15372

Could be something there.
Seen him a couple of times this season, he's not very good, doubt he'll ever be close to an NHLer. Things can change ofc but it'll almost be a miracle if he makes it, he's a longshot even for a 4th rounder.

OiledUp is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 03:51 AM
  #633
Kolja
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country:
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OiledUp View Post
Seen him a couple of times this season, he's not very good, doubt he'll ever be close to an NHLer. Things can change ofc but it'll almost be a miracle if he makes it, he's a longshot even for a 4th rounder.

Ouch! Thanks for the update.

Kolja is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 12:22 PM
  #634
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 43,221
vCash: 612
Tuohimaa started today for Jokerit and allowed a goal on the second shot he faced, though I hear he was heavily screened on the play. After two periods, that is still the only goal scored in the game.
Edit: Jokerit won 2-1 after the shootout, Tuohimaa made 22 saves in 65 minutes. Saved all but one of the penaltyshots.


Last edited by Jussi: 01-22-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Jussi is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 01:55 PM
  #635
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Tuohimaa started today for Jokerit and allowed a goal on the second shot he faced, though I hear he was heavily screened on the play. After two periods, that is still the only goal scored in the game.
Edit: Jokerit won 2-1 after the shootout, Tuohimaa made 22 saves in 65 minutes. Saved all but one of the penaltyshots.
Thanks for the update.

s7ark is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 05:40 PM
  #636
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolja View Post
The Edmonton 2012 4th round pick, Erik Gustafsson, seems to be doing allright in the Swedish 2nd division.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=15372

Could be something there.
Don't know why EDM drafted him, it was a waste of a pick, should of went for a young guy like Corbet who is playing decent and is still young.

rockinghockey is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 06:10 PM
  #637
Bure80
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
The Progression of Tobias Rieder: A Q&A with Kitchener Rangers Reporter Josh Brown

http://oilonwhyte.com/2013/01/22/the...er-josh-brown/

Interesting to read especially that the Oilers asked the Rangers to use Rieder as C.

Bure80 is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 07:10 PM
  #638
tiger_80
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure80 View Post
The Progression of Tobias Rieder: A Q&A with Kitchener Rangers Reporter Josh Brown

http://oilonwhyte.com/2013/01/22/the...er-josh-brown/

Interesting to read especially that the Oilers asked the Rangers to use Rieder as C.
AHL squad will be very interesting to follow next year with Klefbom, Musil, Gernat and Rieder making the jump. Surprisingly, defence is actually shaping up pretty nicely. I feel they really need some of the forward picks from taken outside the first round to pan out. Hopefully, Rieder, Hartikainen and this year's picks save the bacon, since others look like they might be busts (Pitlick, Hamilton, Martindale, Moroz) or won't develop into more than bottom 6-ers (Paajarvi, lander)

tiger_80 is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 09:01 AM
  #639
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 43,221
vCash: 612
Tuohimaa started again yesterday, he made 27 saves in a 2-1 win for Jokerit.

Jussi is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:14 PM
  #640
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,819
vCash: 500
Rieder and the Rangers are taking on Erie on Sporsnet right now.

edit:
Cranks one off the post short handed as I posted that.

40oz is online now  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:35 PM
  #641
scid14
Registered User
 
scid14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,428
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Rieder and the Rangers are taking on Erie on Sporsnet right now.

edit:
Cranks one off the post short handed as I posted that.
Thanks for the heads up!

scid14 is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 07:05 PM
  #642
scid14
Registered User
 
scid14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,428
vCash: 50
2 goals in the first couple minutes of the second for the Rangers. Murphy with assists on both.

Reider got the one to make it 2-0 on a tap in. 5 games straight with a goal for him now.

Edit: Murphy with a goal gives him 1 + 2 on the night (all in the second so far). Reider was on the ice for a +


Last edited by scid14: 01-25-2013 at 07:22 PM.
scid14 is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 02:57 PM
  #643
Fourier
Registered User
 
Fourier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Waterloo Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scid14 View Post
2 goals in the first couple minutes of the second for the Rangers. Murphy with assists on both.

Reider got the one to make it 2-0 on a tap in. 5 games straight with a goal for him now.

Edit: Murphy with a goal gives him 1 + 2 on the night (all in the second so far). Reider was on the ice for a +
I was at the game last night. Rieder was terrific. Murphy was named first star but I would have given it to Rieder for sure.

He played center with Puempel and Leivo.

Fourier is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 03:15 PM
  #644
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade
 
AlowlyOilersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,110
vCash: 177
Glad to see Rieder doing well.

Been excited about him since rookie camp a couple years ago.

AlowlyOilersfan is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 04:33 PM
  #645
Fourier
Registered User
 
Fourier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Waterloo Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan View Post
Glad to see Rieder doing well.

Been excited about him since rookie camp a couple years ago.
I did not see the game as it was not on TV but Rieder had a SH g and a primary assist yesterday in Erie.

Fourier is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 07:23 PM
  #646
canovin
Klefbom's charm
 
canovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: 780
Posts: 971
vCash: 500
Looking from the scoresheet, Zharkov got a hat trick.

Edit: still a period left go. Alan Quine with 6 points. What a great acquisition to the Bulls.

canovin is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:58 PM
  #647
Digger12
Registered User
 
Digger12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Defending the border
Posts: 14,499
vCash: 500
Reider with the only goal in a Kitchener 2-1 loss.

Musil with a goal in an Oil King 3-0 win.

Digger12 is online now  
Old
02-02-2013, 01:37 AM
  #648
Qubax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,983
vCash: 500
How has Klefbom been developing?

I still can't figure out exactly what he'll be in the NHL. He seems like he can play physical, move the puck some. I worry he might be a bit reckless, rough around the edges interms of poise..but the tools seem to be there if he can put it together...

thoughts?

Qubax is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 01:53 AM
  #649
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax View Post
How has Klefbom been developing?

I still can't figure out exactly what he'll be in the NHL. He seems like he can play physical, move the puck some. I worry he might be a bit reckless, rough around the edges interms of poise..but the tools seem to be there if he can put it together...

thoughts?
Unfortunately, he hasn't been.

He had a season ending shoulder injury in October.

dnicks17 is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 05:17 AM
  #650
Fourier
Registered User
 
Fourier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Waterloo Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,697
vCash: 500
Rieder with another very nice goal last night in a 2-1 Ranger's loss. He now has an 8 game point streak with golas in 7 of those 8 games.

Khaira with an assist as Mich Tech loses 4-3. Laleggia with his 9th goal of the year in a 3-0 win for Denver.

On Wednesday Zharkov had a hatrick and an assist.

Fourier is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.