HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12-13' Prospects Thread Version XIV: Rielly Cool Story Broll

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2013, 05:49 PM
Ruki

vCash: 500
Behind The Draft 2012: February 1st!

Old
01-25-2013, 05:15 PM
VanW27

Heads up:

Kitchener vs. Erie tonight on Sportsnet 1. Watch Connor Brown, the OHL's 9th leading scorer take on Josh Leivo, the OHL's 17th leading scorer.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:07 PM
Lebanese Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanW27 View Post
Heads up:

Kitchener vs. Erie tonight on Sportsnet 1. Watch Connor Brown, the OHL's 9th leading scorer take on Josh Leivo, the OHL's 17th leading scorer.
Really eh?

That's pretty sick for a 6th rounder in the year following his draft year. Why is he not generating more buzz for that?

Old
01-25-2013, 06:14 PM
IBeL13f

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
Really eh?

That's pretty sick for a 6th rounder in the year following his draft year. Why is he not generating more buzz for that?
He's only producing 'cause of Connor McDavid

Old
01-25-2013, 06:27 PM
VanW27

Quote:
Really eh?

Encouraging for sure, kid definately knows how to score. I know a particular poster won't like me saying this but...Unfortunately slow feet and a bit undersized, looks like a lot of other high scoring juniors who have trouble adjusting to pro hockey.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:31 PM
Kulemon

Steve Spott on Josh Leivo: Josh is gonna be a great Toronto Maple Leaf someday. He's got all the ability to be a special player.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:33 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
Encouraging for sure, kid definately knows how to score. I know a particular poster won't like me saying this but...Unfortunately slow feet and a bit undersized, looks like a lot of other high scoring juniors who have trouble adjusting to pro hockey.
I agree that he isn't a great skater but his size is fine. I'm pretty sure he is atleast 5'11 or 6'

Old
01-25-2013, 06:43 PM
VanW27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Steve Spott on Josh Leivo: Josh is gonna be a great Toronto Maple Leaf someday. He's got all the ability to be a special player.
Since I just criticized 1 Leaf prospect I think I'll praise another. I really like Josh Leivo, big, strong, works hard at both ends of the ice. He's very good defensively and has an excellent shot and constantly improving offensive skills.

I have him as our top forward prospect (I consider Kadri and Frattin NHLers at this point).

Old
01-25-2013, 06:43 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 1222
Quote:
Really eh?

Because he isn't a shiny first rounder. Probably the real reason is because he's played with McDavid. Brown has shown that he can keep it up when McDavid isn't around though.

Quote:
After this past WJC, Spott's talent analysis means nothing to me....*mumble*Ryan Murphy*mumble* I hope he is right though. Leivo looks like he can be a solid player, it's all about putting in the effort for another few years to continuously improve though. He he doesn't do that he will probably never make it to the NHL.

Old
01-25-2013, 07:17 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Rielly is playing on the top PK unit alongside McFaull

Old
01-25-2013, 07:36 PM
FlareKnight

Quote:
I'd hope he's right, but after the World Juniors I have no faith in Spott whatsoever .

Old
01-25-2013, 08:03 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Rielly's creating a lot of chances, got an assist on Hansen's goal.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:23 PM
KlattNazty

Just spoke with Finn. Such a nice guy, so mature. Total opposite of a meat head - he's really with it. Going to be out 2-3 weeks more sadly he thinks. Says he never fully recovered from mono this season, so it's a testament to his abilities how good he has been at parts this season regardless.

Said it was a dream come true to be drafted by the leafs, and is glad to be perceived as a "smart" player as I said he was.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:35 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlattNazty View Post
Just spoke with Finn. Such a nice guy, so mature. Total opposite of a meat head - he's really with it. Going to be out 2-3 weeks more sadly he thinks. Says he never fully recovered from mono this season, so it's a testament to his abilities how good he has been at parts this season regardless.

Said it was a dream come true to be drafted by the leafs, and is glad to be perceived as a "smart" player as I said he was.
That's really cool. Honestly seems like a very humble kid and I think he has a bright future.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:40 PM
KlattNazty

Quote:
That's really cool. Honestly seems like a very humble kid and I think he has a bright future.
As humble as they come. Said I was a fan and first thing out of his mouth was thank you very much. He noticed me leaving and even waved goodbye. Damn he just got some points in my book.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:32 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Moose Jaw snap their 10 game losing streak..Rielly sets up the game winning goal in OT

Old
01-25-2013, 09:35 PM
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge

Quote:

Seems like a really solid guy.

I ran into Percy at the mall a few weeks back. Also a very nice guy.

Stoked to have these guy coming through the pipes. Finn especially. He's got the tools to be an amazing all-around defender.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:20 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:

That's awesome to hear bud.

01-25-2013, 10:21 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
Seems like a really solid guy.

I ran into Percy at the mall a few weeks back. Also a very nice guy.

Stoked to have these guy coming through the pipes. Finn especially. He's got the tools to be an amazing all-around defender.

we were soo lucky that finn dropped, I had him in my top 20 on draft day

he will be a great player for us

I'm guessing at the soonest we might see him in the 2014/2015 season
but most likely 2015/2016, after one more year in junior, and a year in AHL, he is already good at everything, defence has the potential to be great, with some offensive abillity

percy, i am also excited about him, calm presence in the back, potential is top 4 dman, with all around upside

Old
01-25-2013, 10:24 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
That's awesome to hear bud.

really excited for these kids, I am a big fan of blacker too
People seem a little worried about him, because he hasn't developed as fast as we hoped
but I am not that woried, he was a late bloomer in every level, so it will take time for jesse, He will be fine IMO

Old
01-25-2013, 10:25 PM
Crispy Crust

Quote:
As humble as they come. Said I was a fan and first thing out of his mouth was thank you very much. He noticed me leaving and even waved goodbye. Damn he just got some points in my book.
Seems like a kid with a good head on his shoulders. Quality young man and it comes as no surprise to me that he is the captain of his squad. Hoping he becomes a key core piece for the Leafs in the future.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:19 AM
LolungoReboundo
LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
we were soo lucky that finn dropped, I had him in my top 20 on draft day

he will be a great player for us

I'm guessing at the soonest we might see him in the 2014/2015 season
but most likely 2015/2016, after one more year in junior, and a year in AHL, he is already good at everything, defence has the potential to be great, with some offensive abillity

percy, i am also excited about him, calm presence in the back, potential is top 4 dman, with all around upside
Reminds me of 2003 where Nashville took Suter and Weber in the first 2 rounds haha in all seriousness though they need to keep drafting this way, I feel the leafs have solid prospects in the pipeline and should start stockpiling picks and swing for the fences with some of them.

I'll agree with an earlier posters assessment of Leivo watched him play since sudbury he's done nothing but increase his stock he's been very good, I like his potential. I feel connor brown needs some work with his skating but hes extremely smart in the offensive end, seems to be a catalyst on the otters

Old
01-26-2013, 03:24 PM
Lebanese Leaf

Quote:
Since I just criticized 1 Leaf prospect I think I'll praise another. I really like Josh Leivo, big, strong, works hard at both ends of the ice. He's very good defensively and has an excellent shot and constantly improving offensive skills.

I have him as our top forward prospect (I consider Kadri and Frattin NHLers at this point).
Really? Over Biggs and Colborne?

Old
01-26-2013, 03:29 PM
JVR2112

Quote:
Biggs isn't going to be very offensive. Colborne is a project.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:57 PM
VanW27

Quote:
Yes. I like Biggs but Leivo has the same type of all around game and intagibles just without the aggression while having significantly better offensive skills.

As far as the rest of our forward prospects go its not a strong looking group, I like D'Amigo and Ashton as potential 3rd/4th liners because of their effort level and skating ability but I would consider everyone else significant longshots to be NHL players.

Closed Thread