HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question About Lang

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2003, 06:00 AM
Face Wash

vCash: 500
Question About Lang

What is the length of his contract? Strong rumour out here in LALA that the Kings might be interested... Was just curious.

Old
12-14-2003, 06:20 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
What is the length of his contract? Strong rumour out here in LALA that the Kings might be interested... Was just curious.
Robert Lang is in the 2nd year of a 5 year $25m($5m per year) contract.
I would not trust that rumor. Ted Leonsis was on all the local media and the game broadcast last night. Among other things, he said that he told the team that none of them were on the trade block and that there was nothing in the works, though he also said they were trying to add a defenseman.

While the possibility remains that the Caps may trade Jagr if given the chance, I think its very possible that the Caps feel like Lang's play so far this season is completion of a step to the next level rather than just a hot streak. Lang is 32 with 3 more years of contract left. $5m for a #1 center performing at the level that he is right now is more of a bargain than a premium price. He has points in 26 of 30 games this year. He has performed when Jagr was slumping for a 10 game stretch. He has performed when Jagr was(is) in a 15 game tear.

I honestly would not expect to see Robert Lang traded. I would certainly say there is little chance that Lang will be simply salary dumped.

Old
12-14-2003, 01:55 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

I could see

Lang being named Captain....especially if he stays near the scoring lead all year.

Closed Thread