HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Official 2013 ticket thread Part 5 (ALL ticket talk HERE)(RULES IN FIRST POST)

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 03:53 PM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
If this was the 70's they'd give them on the way in

Old
01-25-2013, 06:00 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

The passive aggressiveness in this thread is ****ing ridiculous. Heaven forbid someone have a different opinion. Looch, if you take issue with my point of view on something, address it directly with me as opposed to being a complete ********.

:

Old
01-25-2013, 09:07 PM
5Minutes4Fighting
Killer B's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
They aren't required to do anything outside of allow STHs entry to the game.
This not true. The email they sent said:

Your 2012-13 season ticket and 2012 Stanley Cup Playoff information is now available online by clicking the link below. Renew online by the 'Early Bird' Deadline of Friday, March 9 to receive an autographed stick from a player of your choice!* The final renewal deadline is Wednesday, March 21.

So, in consideration of your early renewal, they promised to provide you an autographed stick. By renewing by that date, you are entitled to the stick, even if you can not pick it up on that date.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:59 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
The passive aggressiveness in this thread is ****ing ridiculous. Heaven forbid someone have a different opinion. Looch, if you take issue with my point of view on something, address it directly with me as opposed to being a complete ********.

:
I did.

The fact that you continue to go out of your way to ***** about the people *****ing in this thread, you think I'm the only one who finds it ironic? It makes it hard to take you serious...which is why I joke about it.

You call it passive aggressive. I simply think it's being a light hearted smart ass. To each their own. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. That doesn't mean go somewhere else. I'm not an elitist (like many on this board). I simply don't think you should be telling people they shouldn't *****, and that they are winey ********, and should give up their tickets, simply because they have a different opinion than yours. If every other word out of your mouth is gonna be an expletive when you oppose another poster's opinion, you should be prepared to deal with a little bit of ribbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Minutes4Fighting View Post
This not true. The email they sent said:

Your 2012-13 season ticket and 2012 Stanley Cup Playoff information is now available online by clicking the link below. Renew online by the 'Early Bird' Deadline of Friday, March 9 to receive an autographed stick from a player of your choice!* The final renewal deadline is Wednesday, March 21.

So, in consideration of your early renewal, they promised to provide you an autographed stick. By renewing by that date, you are entitled to the stick, even if you can not pick it up on that date.
Obviously you, I and a number of our fellow STH's see it completely differently than Kate. We obviously feel some sort of false entitlement to a stick. We are ignorant fools. I am humbled. F me. I feel so stupid for expecting them to mail me a stick. Clearly they are not obligated to. Owning St's is a luxury. It is foolish of us to expect good customer service when we are paying for a luxury item...because most people who pay for luxury items don't expect much customer service.

Last edited by Looch: 01-25-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old
01-25-2013, 10:05 PM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Enough, guys. Take it to PM.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:13 AM
gobosox00

I have to say I'm with Kate on this one when it comes to the complaining. I'll be honest, I don't think making everyone go pick up the sticks is ideal. But people on here literally complain about EVERYTHING that is a FREE perk of being a season ticket holder. When the Bruins had the autograph session last year I thought it was really cool but all I read on here was how long people had to wait in line and how you only got to meet half the team, blah blah blah. Then look this year, all of the player meet and greets and autograph sessions that we've been able to take part in the last few years are magically gone. If everyone keeps complaining about every single perk of being a season ticket holder just wait until they start giving us nothing but our tickets. Why should they deal with the hassle? They have a large waiting list and if you give up your season tickets because you didn't like that you only got to meet HALF the team or you had to wait outside for a half hour or you had to drive to the Garden to get your signed stick, someone will gladly take those tickets off your hands. Just enjoy that you have Bruins season tickets, something many many people would die to have, at a price way cheaper than what the tickets are actually worth and they even throw in some cool perks sometimes

Old
01-26-2013, 03:34 AM
RunFromTheBear

Last years perk was to see an empty locker room. This years is to spend half a Saturday going to pick up a stick. These are the things people remember when the Bruins struggle for a season and people stop renewing their season tickets.

I live about 90 minutes away and it will cost me easily $15 in gas to get there, plus parking. Probably not going to be worth it for me.

I think the reason people are complaining is that it's one thing after another:

- perk for 2011-12 a year late
- perk for 2011-12 on short notice
- locker room is empty, it's supposed to be the bruins locker room not a room in the Garden with a bruins logo
- guaranteed opening night giveaway item (stanley cup banner) and probably the coolest giveaway item ever being gone 40 minutes before start of game. Glad I had my little card to make sure I got one only to be turned away. The rep at the arena said those "item guaranteed" cards are on a first come, first serve basis. Makes no sense.
- raising ticket prices 25% for a lot of the people in "budget" seats
- no fan reps for a bunch of people
- making people continue to pay for cancelled games
- then being late with every refund
- mistakes with refunds
- no hard tickets, I had to go buy a printer
- jacking up price of parking then selling to us at a "discount", seems deceptive
- short notice about sticks
- inconvenience/cost of picking up sticks on a non game day
- no option on when to pick up stick

This is a pretty poor track record of customer service. To me it is better to offer no perks and let people make a rational decision for themselves vs forcing them to make a decision to earn a perk but then making it a huge pain in the a to receive that perk. They don't have to offer these thing but perks are what people remember when they are asked to renew next time the Bruins have a bad season.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:09 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinSG17 View Post
Last years perk was to see an empty locker room. This years is to spend half a Saturday going to pick up a stick. These are the things people remember when the Bruins struggle for a season and people stop renewing their season tickets.

I live about 90 minutes away and it will cost me easily $15 in gas to get there, plus parking. Probably not going to be worth it for me.

I think the reason people are complaining is that it's one thing after another:

- perk for 2011-12 a year late
- perk for 2011-12 on short notice
- locker room is empty, it's supposed to be the bruins locker room not a room in the Garden with a bruins logo
- guaranteed opening night giveaway item (stanley cup banner) and probably the coolest giveaway item ever being gone 40 minutes before start of game. Glad I had my little card to make sure I got one only to be turned away. The rep at the arena said those "item guaranteed" cards are on a first come, first serve basis. Makes no sense.
- raising ticket prices 25% for a lot of the people in "budget" seats
- no fan reps for a bunch of people
- making people continue to pay for cancelled games
- then being late with every refund
- mistakes with refunds
- no hard tickets, I had to go buy a printer
- jacking up price of parking then selling to us at a "discount", seems deceptive
- short notice about sticks
- inconvenience/cost of picking up sticks on a non game day
- no option on when to pick up stick

This is a pretty poor track record of customer service. To me it is better to offer no perks and let people make a rational decision for themselves vs forcing them to make a decision to earn a perk but then making it a huge pain in the a to receive that perk. They don't have to offer these thing but perks are what people remember when they are asked to renew next time the Bruins have a bad season.
I really couldn't care less about any of those things. I think most on this board who want season ticket and don't have them would gladly deal with that.

No rep- thats fine with me if I have an issue I can call the other rep I've talked to since mine left (Kaitlyn) and I'm sure she'll help me. I know she and the other reps are swamped and work hard. Small issue.
Parking-sucks but at least they collect money when you leave and don't make you wait in the stupid line before/after the game.
Stick-I'm gonna be away and can't pick it up but I don't feel entitled to it, win some you lose some.
25% increase on cheap seats- the team deserves the extra money why should resellers get Bruins tickets for the price of a movie?
Empty locker room-if you cared enough to go to the Garden during the lockout when most wanted nothing to do with the NHL you're a sucker and lucky to get that access at all (no offense to anyone who went on the tour.)
Refunds-they got it right eventually the lockout sucked, its over, we got our tickets and hockey.
No hard tickets- I hate this. BUt honestly I bet if you call the Bruins and ask for hard tickets they'll leave the entire season for you at will call on ticket master printouts. But you'll probably lose the option to forward and print them. As long as they don't pull it next year or playoffs I don't care.

I've been high maintenance in the past complaining about stuff and being late with payments, its a 2 way street I don't need a rep my tickets are working fine I can give a little back and help the team and not care I don't have a rep. And the reps work on commissions...but there is nothing left to sell the product is sold out I am not surprised they're having a hard time getting good people in. Heaven forbid they hire some idiots and then get bashed on here because your new rep is a moron.

I have 3 real beefs much bigger than these that I hope get addressed:

No leg room in my expensive seats bc I have metal folding seats in front of me that go into my knee- what do I do move to worse seats? The lockout ended before I could fully complain and negotiate about this so we'll see what they can do for me closer to select a seat. But I chose to renew these seats knowing they were uncomfortable noone put a gun to my head. I guess I'd rather have uncomfortable seats than something at shoot 1x end.

Crappy food- JJ does concessions at hundreds of arenas in America and all have better food than the Garden. Its just annoying the food is awful. And the restaurants and bars across the street are more overpriced than the Garden (I'll pay 8 bucks for a beer inside instead of 6 in Hurricanes) please improve the food options Mr Jacobs I don't mind spending 15 bucks if I have to rush to the game and can't eat dinner before but I might want something better than a sausage and popcorn.

Playoff pricing going up every round- Oh great, I don't have one friend who can afford 200 bucks to sit in the loge for a Conference Finals game with me (Cup finals different of course for finding someone to go with)...guess I am dropping 4 bills to treat someone if I want to sit downstairs. Yah paying 10 more bucks more per round for balcony seats is one thing but people who stretch their budget and are loyal and sack up and buy loges get it stuck to them when it goes 90-140-190-220 per round. It makes you **** yourself 2nd and 3rd rounds when we have home ice that its going to go the dreaded 7 games and cost a fortune. Raise the price of finals if you want but give loge season ticket holders a break on 2nd and 3rd rounds please JJ.

Old
01-26-2013, 06:37 AM
RunFromTheBear

Besides the hard tickets, I don't care all that much either, but there is no doubt a huge lack of quality customer service. Just because I don't care doesn't mean others don't have a right to complain. They are not getting things they were promised.

Going out to dinner is a luxury. If you get there and they started by giving you a slice of pie they forgot to give you the previous trip to the restaraunt but the innards of the pie is missing, you just get the crust. Then your order your meal, it going to be a 90 minute wait. They tell you if you stick around and pay for the meal first they will give you a free appetizer. After you pay they say ... but to get that appetizer it has to be on a non dinner night and they will randomly email you and tell you a specific day to come back in on a weeks notice. You demand the money back and they say ok, try refunding you and screw it up 4 times until then the meal actually shows up and they have to charge you again to make up for the difference.

You wouldn't take it from Applebee's and their $30 meal but you will take it from the Bruins and your $3500+ tickets? Bad customer service is bad customer service.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:09 AM
NASCL

I miss the outside BBQ.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:19 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post

No leg room in my expensive seats bc I have metal folding seats in front of me that go into my knee- what do I do move to worse seats? The lockout ended before I could fully complain and negotiate about this so we'll see what they can do for me closer to select a seat. But I chose to renew these seats knowing they were uncomfortable noone put a gun to my head. I guess I'd rather have uncomfortable seats than something at shoot 1x end.

Crappy food- JJ does concessions at hundreds of arenas in America and all have better food than the Garden. Its just annoying the food is awful. And the restaurants and bars across the street are more overpriced than the Garden (I'll pay 8 bucks for a beer inside instead of 6 in Hurricanes) please improve the food options Mr Jacobs I don't mind spending 15 bucks if I have to rush to the game and can't eat dinner before but I might want something better than a sausage and popcorn.

Playoff pricing going up every round- Oh great, I don't have one friend who can afford 200 bucks to sit in the loge for a Conference Finals game with me (Cup finals different of course for finding someone to go with)...guess I am dropping 4 bills to treat someone if I want to sit downstairs. Yah paying 10 more bucks more per round for balcony seats is one thing but people who stretch their budget and are loyal and sack up and buy loges get it stuck to them when it goes 90-140-190-220 per round. It makes you **** yourself 2nd and 3rd rounds when we have home ice that its going to go the dreaded 7 games and cost a fortune. Raise the price of finals if you want but give loge season ticket holders a break on 2nd and 3rd rounds please JJ.

No leg room in my expensive seats- You should have gone to select a seat event and moved your location...there were several options of pairs in the loge available. This is one of the best perks they offer imo. I will be disappointed when this eventually goes away.

Crappy food- I'm no world traveler, but I've been to enough venues to know that the Garden food is average for a 10-20k seat venue. Definitely nothing special. But definitely not as disgusting as you make it out to be. I understand you saying it is awful if you have high expectation for fast food at large venues. But it is not WAY below average. And it is a far stretch to say it is the absolute worst in all of Jacobs hundreds of venues.

Playoff pricing going up every round- We are in an elite sports market. We are an original 6 team. We won the Cup within the last two years. The secondary market last year, going into the lockout, was arguably at the highest point in the history of the franchise. When you take all of these things into consideration, your 90-140-190-220 is a deal. You don't like it? Sell em and make some money. So your biggest complaints are the 2nd and 3rd rounds at 140 and 190? Have you looked at what the team charges for premium regular season games for average loge seats? Your 140 and 190 are regular season box office prices in many cases. I was hanging out with a friend last Monday afternoon before the winnipeg game having beers. He has an 11 game plan. It turned into a 7 game plan for this year. His pair of seats are in loge 19 row 9. His 11 game price was $130/per. Your complaining about paying $10 more for a SECOND ROUND playoff game than he pays for a weekday matinee game. If there wasn't a lockout, he would have had to also pay $130/each for a pre-season game Nice huh? Your $140 for an intense playoff game sounds pretty good now doesn't it?

I'm obviously playing devil's advocate here.

We all have our things as a STH we're unhappy with. I'm far more frustrated with the items you could "care less about" than any of the things you said really bothered you...to each their own. The one thing we can probably agree on, is that they should be under promising and over delivering. They won't do this though. Just like the sticks, they tend to gear their promotions more towards a bait an switch. They dangle something desirable in front of you. Once you've committed and they have your business, they tell you after the fact you need to bend over backwards to get your perk. And yes, I do feel that giving us seven days notice and making us drive 100+ miles one way in to the city on a non-game day to pick up our promised stick, is making us bend over backwards. They have every right to do it. There is a wait list. We shouldn't feel entitled to anything besides tickets. Both of these are true. But it does;t mean they should over promise and under deliver...it's just bad business practice. And when the tickets hype/frenzy finally ends (like is for the Sox right now) STH are going to throw it back in their faces and tell em to get F'd.

Last edited by Looch: 01-26-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old
01-28-2013, 08:30 AM
Sec311Row6

looking to trade 2 tickets tomorrow for another game later in season, pm me if you'd like

sec 311 row 6 on aisle

Old
01-28-2013, 08:47 AM
DKH

Quote:

If the Bruins are not winning the Cup then I ask the hockey Gods to get knocked out in a thrilling 7 game Conference Finals....nothing worse both emotionally and monetarily losing a SB or WS or SC playoff final. At least to me....I still want the excitment and rush but like the Pats this year- better to me to get beat in last week than next week. I'm not even over the 2007 SB or the 1986 WS let alone the too-man-men-on-the-ice.

The Bruins should be very careful and watch the Red Sox....they are begging for people to buy tickets. Last September I bought great box seats for $25 that 5 years ago would have been $200. Some day the Bruins will not be red hot- they will be loveable, likeable, and have there followers but they wont sell out, and they'll have to focus on serious CS. I like a lot of people over there- they have some gems. I'm sure not all, but I would hire many if I had the chance.

And I'll sit with you come playoff time and pay u- I always have a bunch of people that want to go and my kid has a bunch of friends that would sit in my seats. I'm not as obnoxious as here either- sometimes my daughter tells me to show some emotion

Old
01-28-2013, 09:02 AM
beaverjc

Anyone get the 2nd email regarding the selection of sticks for this weekend? I got the initial email and I have no clue when I decided to renew..could have been real early that week or right before the deadline. I guess I would make the trek into the city for a Seguin/Bergeron/Chara stick. Odds that I make the drive in for a Paille/Kelly stick decrease significantly. No disrespect to those guys but you get my point....

Old
01-28-2013, 09:29 AM
NASCL

Still debating what name(s) I select as the "big guns" will be in demand. I'm pretty sure I'll go off the board with a "lesser" name.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:36 AM
schmautzy

I am going ask if my personal fan rep "Fan Relations" will autograph mine.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:41 AM
Lordstanley
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverjc View Post
Anyone get the 2nd email regarding the selection of sticks for this weekend? I got the initial email and I have no clue when I decided to renew..could have been real early that week or right before the deadline. I guess I would make the trek into the city for a Seguin/Bergeron/Chara stick. Odds that I make the drive in for a Paille/Kelly stick decrease significantly. No disrespect to those guys but you get my point....
If I dont get a Dougie stick this Saturday , I for one will tear up TD and tell JJ to go screw

Old
01-28-2013, 09:45 AM
beaverjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstanley View Post
If I dont get a Dougie stick this Saturday , I for one will tear up TD and tell JJ to go screw
Maybe we can break into one big street hockey game with the leftover sticks.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:04 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Kelly's mine!

I haven't received a second email yet and I renewed the day the invoices went out.

I am Boston Strong

Old
01-28-2013, 11:08 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCL View Post
I miss the outside BBQ.
I liked that as well.

Too many STH now to do it.

01-28-2013, 11:44 AM
schmautzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
I liked that as well.

Too many STH now to do it.
I hear they are going to offer it next year to those that renew early this year.
Keep your weekend calendar clear on non game days next January and February.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:44 AM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Kelly's mine!

I haven't received a second email yet and I renewed the day the invoices went out.
I'll trade you him- I have not gotten the email either. When me and Wally were kids we collected baseball cards and got a Bucky Brandon and Gary Waslewski in every pack- I'd get the occasional Mickey Mantle or Hank Aaron but always seemed to be the a gazillion secondary guys. No disrespect because this guy is one of my favorite players and always will be, but I just think there are 10,000 Andrew Ference and Shawn Thornton sticks ready for pickup (no complaints from me)

Old
01-28-2013, 12:12 PM
WickedBruinsGirl

Quote:
I don't have tickets and I hate my printer since I don't know how to only print black and white and not waste uber expensive color ink.
When you select print, there should be a "properties" tab in the print window. I don't know what kind of printer you have. Mine is HP. My option to print in grayscale is under the "features" tab. Look around a bit and you should be able to find an option for only black and white printing. Took me a couple minutes to find it. But now I'm saving my color ink, unlike last year.

01-28-2013, 12:16 PM
beaverjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I'll trade you him- I have not gotten the email either. When me and Wally were kids we collected baseball cards and got a Bucky Brandon and Gary Waslewski in every pack- I'd get the occasional Mickey Mantle or Hank Aaron but always seemed to be the a gazillion secondary guys. No disrespect because this guy is one of my favorite players and always will be, but I just think there are 10,000 Andrew Ference and Shawn Thornton sticks ready for pickup (no complaints from me)
I must have 500 Mike Greenwell cards. I used to trade Jose Cansecos for Greenwell cards. Not sure if I won in that deal still to this day.

I really hope word got to the reps that the STH would rather have their sticks sent to their homes rather than picked up.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:46 PM
Lordstanley
Playoffs!

Quote:
I must have 500 Mike Greenwell cards. I used to trade Jose Cansecos for Greenwell cards. Not sure if I won in that deal still to this day.

I really hope word got to the reps that the STH would rather have their sticks sent to their homes rather than picked up.
Beleive or not his rookie card when up to $100 plus , glad I unloaded most of them at that time. I think at one time I had over 50 Greenwell rookies and thought his stock would climb quickly . Oh well still made a ton off my sport cards.

Closed Thread