HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sigh.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:27 PM
joshjull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabresfansince1980 View Post
Ok maybe that's what he meant, it can be taken the way I undertood it as well. Get off your high horse and consider that. I haven't been assuming Grigorenko is gone either. In fact I think Grigs sitting means Ruff is confident enough in him that he doesn't feel the presure to force him on the ice and decide his immediate future in five games. I still don't think it's the right call in a season that is a LOT more about developing young talent than anything else.
He put together Ott/Hecht/Kaleta to play against Eric Staal's line before the game.

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:28 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Here is what you and all the others going ape over him seem to be forgetting.

We have two brand new never before top 6 centers who also need to earn their new roles. They are young but are much farther along in the development of the careers' than Grigs. If THEY weren't getting a chance in these situations then I would be pissed. I'm not remotely angry that a 18 year old kid isn't playing a lot in a game.

For all the freaking out that Ruff is too conservative and can't coach talent. He decided to come into the season with a completely unproven center group that was incredibly young. That seems pretty UN conservative to me.
that's just BS...

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:29 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoo View Post
Ruff is the GM now? I'm not forgetting that; I just see Grigorenko as having the most potential of them all. But fine, let's just keep going with this. I just hope for your argument's sake that these top two guys can gain/keep the momentum and grow.
Maybe he does but he is several years away from getting near that. Unfortunately no one wants to wait, so we get the hysteria we've had the last several games.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:29 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

What is our catch phrase for Mackinnon yo

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:30 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
that's just BS...
And yet its true.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:31 PM
Sabresfansince1980

Quote:
He put together Ott/Hecht/Kaleta to play against Eric Staal's line before the game.
Maybe I could've been aware of that if my f-ing Center Ice didn't @#$% itself for the 498th time. How about just pointing that out the first time instead of the tone?

Sabresfansince1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:32 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Lindy View Post
How is this Lindy's decision? This is the team he was given, he had no choice.

He is part of the decision making for this roster. You have to be one of the few that doesn't seem to know this.

Old
McTank

Quote:
Here is what you and all the others going ape over him seem to be forgetting.

We have two brand new never before top 6 centers who also need to earn their new roles. They are young but are much farther along in the development of the careers' than Grigs. If THEY weren't getting a chance in these situations then I would be pissed. I'm not remotely angry that a 18 year old kid isn't playing a lot in a game.

For all the freaking out that Ruff is too conservative and can't coach talent. He decided to come into the season with a completely unproven center group that was incredibly young. That seems pretty UN conservative to me.
We're pissed that he's using jochen hecht every other shift while grigs is glued to the bench

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Royisgone

Quote:
that's just BS...
Oh you're just being hysterical.

Royisgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dma0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
We're pissed that he's using jochen hecht every other shift while grigs is glued to the bench
Was about to say this. Also that if he is a liability at center why not try him on the wing for a couple shifts.

dma0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:34 PM
joshjull

Quote:
And its irrational. Sorry.

There is the franchise center Grigs will hopefully become and then there is the current Grigs who is pretty much a non factor right now. Unfortunately too many people see the finished product in their mind not the current player when they rant and rave about his ice time -vs- Hecht's

And posters would ***** that he was playing between Ott and Kaleta if he did play in Hecht's spot.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:35 PM
Royisgone

Quote:
And yet its true.
I'm raising the BS flag.

We didn't "choose" this situation...it's kind of the mess we have found ourselves in through a variety of decisions/actions over a period of time involving a number of players and even the lockout/stalled FA season played a role in where we are now.

You think Lindy wants a team lead by babies at center who can't win draws?

He CHOSE that!?

LOL.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:36 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
And yet its true.
No it's not... be honest. You are attributing moves the GM made and giving Ruff credit for making those decisions.

Lindy didn't "Decide" to come into the season with an unproven center group... he was GIVEN an unproven center group.

His GM severed his umbilical cord to Roy and Goose
His GM acquired the young talent

your statement is false. and you know it. Ruff didn't decide ****. He didn't have a choice.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:37 PM
McTank

Quote:

There is the franchise center Grigs will hopefully become and then there is the current Grigs who is pretty much a non factor right now. Unfortunately too many people see the finished product in their mind not the current player when they rant and rave about his ice time -vs- Hecht's

And posters would ***** that he was playing between Ott and Kaleta if he did play in Hecht's spot.
Who is the current grigs? I saw a defensively sounds center with great vision that was creating chances, I guess we aren't watching the same kid

Old
01-25-2013, 10:38 PM
Zman5778

Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
No it's not... be honest. You are attributing moves the GM made and giving Ruff credit for making those decisions.

Lindy didn't "Decide" to come into the season with an unproven center group... he was GIVEN an unproven center group.

your statement is false. and you know it. Ruff didn't decide ****. He didn't have a choice.
Those who believe Ruff isn't a good coach for the Sabres anymore will believe that Grigs was thrust upon him.

Those who believe that Ruff is a fine coach and should remain will believe that he chose Grigs to stay.

Zman5778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:38 PM
Circusboy39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
What is our catch phrase for Mackinnon yo
Stop winnin' for Mackinnon?

Circusboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:39 PM
joshjull

Quote:

You know damn well they decide things as a group. Obviously Regier has final say but you're a fool if you truly belive Ruff had no say. And I know you're not a fool.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:40 PM
Sabresfansince1980

Even as far as Ruff collaborated with Regier, they were both limited in cap space and FA availability. The center situation was mainly decided by former ownership and RR's own previous draft picks and acquisitions failing.

Sabresfansince1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:41 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circusboy39 View Post
Stop winnin' for Mackinnon?
I LIKE IT...

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Quote:
You know damn well they decide things as a group. Obviously Regier has final say but you're a fool if you truly belive Ruff had no say. And I know you're not a fool.
So what exactly were the other options then? It's not exactly easy to just find other proven centers to acquire.

Fire Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
well, you used to use the excuse that Ruff's failures where because of the terrible roster he had... funny, you never gave him "credit" for the roster when you were using it as an excuse.

either way... it's a lame argument... and it should be expected, as those who want to go down with USS Ruff will have to scratch and claw for excuses

Old
01-25-2013, 10:42 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Who is the current grigs? I saw a defensively sounds center with great vision that was creating chances, I guess we aren't watching the same kid
I saw a kid that was solid defensively for an !8 year kid but certainly not someone that warranted playing on a defensive line -vs- Eric Staal.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:42 PM
Royisgone

Quote:

You can't declare it irrational before we determine Ruff's desired outcome tonight.

Is he actually trying to assess whether or not Grigs can stay up in the NHL this season in the handful of games available to make that determination?

Or is he trying to burn the kid's confidence in Game 4 of a meaningless season in an effort to win a game against the Carolina Hurricanes?

If he is just trying to win a game, you can argue Ruff's decisions were rational.

If he is trying to give Grigs every chance to succeed and evaluate whether or not he should remain with the team, his actions tonight were highly irrational.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:43 PM
McTank

Quote:
At the end of the day Darcys gotta pull the trigger, Ruff very well may have told Darcy he wanted to aquire a big top 6 center and Darcy may have tried but failed. Who knows

Old
01-25-2013, 10:44 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royisgone View Post
You can't declare it irrational before we determine Ruff's desired outcome tonight.

Is he actually trying to assess whether or not Grigs can stay up in the NHL this season in the handful of games available to make that determination?

Or is he trying to burn the kid's confidence in Game 4 of a meaningless season in an effort to win a game against the Carolina Hurricanes?

If he is just trying to win a game, you can argue Ruff's decisions were rational.

If he is trying to give Grigs every chance to succeed and evaluate whether or not he should remain with the team, his actions tonight were highly irrational.
Has it occured to any of you that Ruff has already decided to keep Grigs up and is easing him into the NHL. Thus not needing to "test" him in every situation.