HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - 7.0 - Great with computers

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 09:20 PM
sheed36

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Bad management imo.

If I'm Boston or Toronto, I definitely try to offer sheet Subban, as the most likely scenario is that it weakens the cap situation of your divisional adversary.
Aren't the Bruins close to the cap? Can teams offersheet if they don't have the available cap space to do so?

Old
01-25-2013, 09:21 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
So you want to do Subban, Eller, Leblanc, 1st 2014 for Yakupov?

Yes?

Sorry, but no.

1) Subban may have been drafted 45th overall, but if you look at the 2007 draft, his genuine talent rank is top-5 at worst The players comparable to or better than Subban are Patrick Kane, Logan Couture, Ryan McDonagh, and Kevin Shattenkirk. In a draft redo the top-5 of the 2007 class is a complete toss-up.

If you want to do your own research, look here:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2007e.html

2) Eller is a luxury 3rd line center with the potential to be a 2nd line center, he's a good player, not a throw in. This trade would weaken the Habs at both center and defense.
3) Leblanc is a genuine throw-in, I'll give you that.
4) The 2014 1st is likely to be top-5 if the team loses Subban.

Subban is probably on par with Yakupov straight up. They're both top-5 talents, but Subban is top-5 proven whereas Yakupov is top-5 potential. If Edmonton demands a throw-in, they can have Desharnais.
No Yakupov has scored twice in 3 games thus far... he's 19 yrs old, Yakupov will most likely dominate the NHL as soon as next year. Price would not compensate for him alone Price + PK would but since Edm will want to build the team on Yakupov they won't agree to do it, so the only way you can convince them is if you add your 1st overall.

How can you say PK would square up for Yakupov. PK is not in the top 10 of D. Yakupov is the number one rookie in the league and the next Calder trophy winner.

Last edited by Alexdaman: 01-25-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Old
01-25-2013, 09:33 PM
Et le But

Anyone watch Caps-Devils BTW?

I would trade Subban for Ovechkin unless they throw in a pick.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:39 PM
SnapVirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
No Yakupov has scored twice in 3 games thus far... he's 19 yrs old, Yakupov will most likely dominate the NHL as soon as next year. Price would not compensate for him alone Price + PK would but since Edm will want to build the team on Yakupov they won't agree to do it, so the only way you can convince them is if you add your 1st overall.

How can you say PK would square up for Yakupov. PK is not in the top 10 of D. Yakupov is the number one rookie in the league and the next Calder trophy winner.
False. Tarasenko is.

Price could get us Nudgent-Hopkins dude.

Subbans values egual to Hall (or) yakupov.

Subbans values under Nugent (or) Eberle.

You talk about potential with Yakupov, but dont do the same with Subban. Wtf? Age in consideration, Subban is Easily in top 3 within dmen of his age and younger.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:41 PM
ScottFC

Quote:

PK + Price for Yakupov yeah I think Edmonton would do that in a second. They are not building around Yakupov alone they are building around Nugent-Hopkins + Hall + Eberle + Yakupov and they have no real #1 defense or goalie. I think they'd do it and laugh all the way to a dynasty.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Sorinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFC View Post
PK + Price for Yakupov yeah I think Edmonton would do that in a second. They are not building around Yakupov alone they are building around Nugent-Hopkins + Hall + Eberle + Yakupov and they have no real #1 defense or goalie. I think they'd do it and laugh all the way to a dynasty.
Actually it would be 3 seconds, it would take 2 seconds to get over the shock before they said yes

Old
01-25-2013, 09:51 PM
Alexdaman

Price is in my opinion the best future goalie in the NHL. I don't believe everyone thinks that, he certainly does not have the numbers or the trophys to prove it, which is a shame, and that's what GM's will use to counter-offer, Subban will be a top 10 D in the future, but neither does he have the numbers to prove it.

Yakupov or Nugent are 1st picks overall in their earliest of NHL debut. Find me one instance of a 1st pick overall traded in their first or second NHL season where a team didn't trade the world to get.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:53 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Few interesting stats about Subban. Because many of you are found of them.

Last season, PK, for a defenseman...

was 80th in blocked shots
was 73rd in hits
was 3rd WORST in give aways
was 56th in take aways
was 1st in penalties
was 47th in +/-
was 28th in points
was 36th in goals
was 24th in assists

So logically he should be paid as a top-10 d-man in this league...

I would be willing to bet that Bergevin has the same stats as you do.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:54 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
Not enough. Subban is a bit more valuable than Carlson so you are basically offering Eller, Kristo, 1st for Ovechkin ...

I'd like to offer Edmonton:

Subban
Kristo
Eller
1st 2014

For

Hall or Nugent or Yakupov
Come on. You're kidding right?

Old
01-25-2013, 09:57 PM
sharks9

Quote:

If Bergevin traded Price+PK for Yakupov he would be fired on the spot no question about it.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:57 PM
groovejuice

Quote:

Hard to imagine you are really serious. Subban, Price and a 1st?

That's like trading a lung, an arm and Harvard Scholarship for a date with Lindsay Logan.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:59 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post

That's like trading a lung, an arm and Harvard Scholarship for a date with Lindsay Logan, a headache and a STD.
Corrected for good measure.

Old
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:

That's like trading a lung, an arm and Harvard Scholarship for a date with Lindsay Logan.
There's no way these guys are serious.

Old
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:

Or Manti Te'o's gf.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:01 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
If Bergevin traded Price+PK for Yakupov he would be fired on the spot no question about it.
If you kept reading it got even worse. He would also have to add the Habs 1st round pick to convince the Oilers to do it.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:01 PM
Alexdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
False. Tarasenko is.

Price could get us Nudgent-Hopkins dude.

Subbans values egual to Hall (or) yakupov.

Subbans values under Nugent (or) Eberle.

You talk about potential with Yakupov, but dont do the same with Subban. Wtf? Age in consideration, Subban is Easily in top 3 within dmen of his age and younger.
I don't know what planet you are from not even on NHL 2013 at easy level can you do such trades.

You could probably trade Karlsson for Nugent or Yakupov, but since you'd probably be counter offered you'd have to add a 4th pick. You're basically saying Karlsson = Subban

Price alone was not enough for such a trade last week... So I don't think a GM would do it based on three games played.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:05 PM
CaptainIginla
The king is back

vCash: 515
Quote:
I don't know what planet you are from not even on NHL 2013 at easy level can you do such trades.

You could probably trade Karlsson for Nugent or Yakupov, but since you'd probably be counter offered you'd have to add a 4th pick. You're basically saying Karlsson = Subban

Price alone was not enough for such a trade last week... So I don't think a GM would do it based on three games played.
Great defensemen have more value than great forwards, EDM would have to add Yakupov+ to get Karlsson

Old
01-25-2013, 10:06 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Or Manti Te'o's gf.
Good one.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:18 PM
Alexdaman

I'm not saying we should do those trades but I don't know what logic you guys fallow. But you don't simply trade one for one when you're acquiring a 1st overall pick in their NHL debut you have to pay big. And any GM doing it would ask an enormous price to pay.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:22 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Some posters need to be deliberately dumbing themselves down...

Old
01-25-2013, 10:22 PM
Montreal Typical

Quote:

Nugent-Hopkins or Yakupov alone wouldn't be enough for Karlsson. They would need to add quite a bit (likely their first selection for this year).

Karlsson is the best young defenceman in the game. Nugent-Hopkins and Yakupov are great prospects, but they're not nearly as valuable as a top 5 defenceman. The fact that RNH and Yakupov were first overall picks doesn't matter (we're not talking about Crosby/Ovechkin/Malkin level prospects). Karlsson still has a lot of potential AND is already a great player... he is one of the most valuable players in the league at the moment.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:26 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
I'm not saying we should do those trades but I don't know what logic you guys fallow. But you don't simply trade one for one when you're acquiring a 1st overall pick in their NHL debut you have to pay big. And any GM doing it would ask an enormous price to pay.
PK is an enormous price on his own.

Yakupov is amazing and maybe he'll be the best scorer in the league at some point but he's still a prospect. PK is a 23 year old legit first line defender right now.

I could understand this if PK was still a prospect. Back when he was developing there was a lot of skepticism about his defense. But he's now a proven NHL player who's actually shown in some instances the ability to control a game. He's only going to improve.

It doesn't make sense to deal PK ++++ for a prospect. If anything I'd be asking the Oilers to include a pick if that deal went down.

Five years from now the question may seem silly. Maybe Yakupov will be the league's best scorer and Subban will be an average top pairing blueliner. But based on what we KNOW today, your trade suggestion doesn't make sense.

It esp doesn't make sense to deal away our first pick when we're coming off a 15th place finish and dealing away PK could ensure that we finish there again. If that happened it would be PK + a top prospect for another team's top prospect... makes no sense. If anything it should be Edmonton including their first. Then maybe it starts to make at least some sense from our perspective. But even there, if we deal PK our biggest need becomes finding a number one blueliner to build around so...

Old
01-25-2013, 10:30 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
PK is an enormous price on his own.

Yakupov is amazing and maybe he'll be the best scorer in the league at some point but he's still a prospect. PK is a 23 year old legit first line defender right now.

I could understand this if PK was still a prospect. Back when he was developing there was a lot of skepticism about his defense. But he's now a proven NHL player who's actually shown in some instances the ability to control a game. He's only going to improve.

It doesn't make sense to deal PK ++++ for a prospect. If anything I'd be asking the Oilers to include a pick if that deal went down.

Five years from now the question may seem silly. Maybe Yakupov will be the league's best scorer and Subban will be an average top pairing blueliner. But based on what we KNOW today, your trade suggestion doesn't make sense.

It esp doesn't make sense to deal away our first pick when we're coming off a 15th place finish and dealing away PK could ensure that we finish there again. If that happened it would be PK + a top prospect for another team's top prospect... makes no sense. If anything it should be Edmonton including their first. Then maybe it starts to make at least some sense from our perspective. But even there, if we deal PK our biggest need becomes finding a number one blueliner to build around so...
N.O., no.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:33 PM
sheed36

Quote:
So you wouldn't trade one of Yakupov, Hall or RNH for say Evgeni Malkin one for one then?

Old
01-25-2013, 10:34 PM
Aceekay

Quote:
Wow you're actually serious... That's embarrassing.

Closed Thread