HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The New OT Thread: Spring Training is Here!

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 08:42 PM
dnicks17

vCash: 500
A Jack and the Beanstalk movie?

Has it really come to this?

Old
01-25-2013, 04:20 PM
ejams

So Edmonton people.
I have been looking for an apartment for a month now, have called 18+ different realtors/kijiji people and none have answered their phone or called back. They know nothing about me obviously because it's just a phone call.
I leave a message that says "Hi there, my name is ____. I saw your advertisement for your 1 bedroom apartment for rent and was wondering if it were still available for a viewing. Please call me back at ________."
What am I saying wrong??
I have tried calling at 9am 12pm 1pm 2pm etc. I feel like I'm blacklisted without even being given an attempt.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:04 PM
Cawz

Is there still a waterslide north of Edmonton? I remember going there as a kid, but havent heard of it in a while.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:32 PM
YAKUGOD
BELIEVE.

Greetings all, I recieved a blank jersey and am looking to get a name and number on it (yakupov!!).

My question: where is the best place to do this in Edmonton. I've heard that Jersey City in southgate does it but it takes a month. I don't really want to wait that long but if i have to i will.

Whats the quickest place to do it at and how much will it cost me?

Thanks!

Old
01-28-2013, 09:57 PM
AHF

Send a message via MSN to AHF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cawz View Post
Is there still a waterslide north of Edmonton? I remember going there as a kid, but havent heard of it in a while.
Sure it was on the north side of town?

This water park is west of Edmonton... http://www.facebook.com/WildWatersEdmonton

Old
01-28-2013, 10:59 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejams View Post
So Edmonton people.
I have been looking for an apartment for a month now, have called 18+ different realtors/kijiji people and none have answered their phone or called back. They know nothing about me obviously because it's just a phone call.
I leave a message that says "Hi there, my name is ____. I saw your advertisement for your 1 bedroom apartment for rent and was wondering if it were still available for a viewing. Please call me back at ________."
What am I saying wrong??
I have tried calling at 9am 12pm 1pm 2pm etc. I feel like I'm blacklisted without even being given an attempt.
Lotta flakes on Kijiji.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:35 PM
Cawz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHF View Post
Sure it was on the north side of town?

This water park is west of Edmonton... http://www.facebook.com/WildWatersEdmonton
Yeah, thats the place. I guess I got my directions mixed up. Odd that it doesnt have a website other then Facebook.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:37 PM
Cawz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejams View Post
So Edmonton people.
What am I saying wrong??
Try rentfaster.com. Not sure about Edmonton, but in Calgary thats apparently the best place to use.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:21 PM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

vCash: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Bieber View Post
Greetings all, I recieved a blank jersey and am looking to get a name and number on it (yakupov!!).

My question: where is the best place to do this in Edmonton. I've heard that Jersey City in southgate does it but it takes a month. I don't really want to wait that long but if i have to i will.

Whats the quickest place to do it at and how much will it cost me?

Thanks!
Sports Closet in Sherwood Park Mall did my last one in a week.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:35 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
What the hell is this deer spray all about? Now it's in golf and Vijay is saying that he is working with the PGA to figure out what exactly this spray is about.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:46 PM
Dave
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I've only heard about it in passing, but its some sort of extract from deer antlers, that when ingested and metabolized by the body it turns into some sort of growth hormone or something similar.

Old
02-09-2013, 01:45 AM
Spawn

Anyone got any good buffet brunch recommendations for a Sunday morning/afternoon?

Old
02-12-2013, 03:41 PM
Eytinge

Anyone else feel a bit weird about this #BellLetsTalk thing? I know its for a good cause, but seeing TSN and the Leafs tweet endlessly about this, when both are owned by Bell makes me wonder a bit. Bell is obviously getting more publicity and more money because of the extra texts going on today.

It just seems really corporate to me.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:59 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

It's a corporate tax break, for a good cause.

First day back in spring training and Dustin McGowan is already back to a modified throwing schedule. Doesn't look good for him.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:32 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
It's a corporate tax break, for a good cause.

First day back in spring training and Dustin McGowan is already back to a modified throwing schedule. Doesn't look good for him.
Yeah, I think that Dustin is done.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:57 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

The Toronto Raptors are starting to roll. Three wins in a row and they're 5-2 since acquiring Rudy Gay.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:58 PM
syz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
The Toronto Raptors are starting to roll. Three wins in a row and they're 5-2 since acquiring Rudy Gay.
Now the fans can delude themselves that the Raptors will be a good team to start the year next season and can be disappointed all over again when they discover they still suck.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:00 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
Now the fans can delude themselves that the Raptors will be a good team to start the year next season and can be disappointed all over again when they discover they still suck.
Haha, I've often likened their long, painful re-build to the Oilers'. The team's situations are very similar. Gay seems happy to be there but the Raps have a hard time attracting top veteran talent. NBA players don't want to play in Canada.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:10 AM
Philly85
Moody'

They need to trade Bargnani for more toughness and athleticism yet, particularly for their 3-4 spot... first time in awhile that they have depth and two bonafide star players in the ranks though, 3 if you include Lowry. They have enough pieces to swing another big deal too. The victory against Indiana was beautiful and they played very well against a full Knicks roster tonight. Valenciunas is going to be a stud. Things are looking good.

Last edited by Philly85: 02-14-2013 at 01:17 AM.
Old
02-14-2013, 05:45 AM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Haha, I've often likened their long, painful re-build to the Oilers'. The team's situations are very similar. Gay seems happy to be there but the Raps have a hard time attracting top veteran talent. NBA players don't want to play in Canada.
Not very similar IMO. Raps never truly tanked and went for elite talent, they were stuck drafting 5-10 for a few years. Raps are accelerating their "rebuild" now and are going for the playoffs now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
They need to trade Bargnani for more toughness and athleticism yet, particularly for their 3-4 spot... first time in awhile that they have depth and two bonafide star players in the ranks though, 3 if you include Lowry. They have enough pieces to swing another big deal too. The victory against Indiana was beautiful and they played very well against a full Knicks roster tonight. Valenciunas is going to be a stud. Things are looking good.
What...Raptors don't have one star. Rudy Gay is not a star, he's just paid like one. Not even a top 20 player in the NBA and has never been named to the all star team. Who's the second guy you are referring to? Demar? Calling him a star is an insult to stars. Lowry is a good PG but not what I'd call a star either. Been pretty inconsistent this year.

You're right though, they need to trade Bargnani. Or amnesty him. His reign in Toronto has been a failure. And Val is a stud.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:40 PM
Firenze
Robynho

Hey guys, kings fan here but also a huge fan of Hemsky, just made a tribute for him and hope u guys enjoy

Old
02-22-2013, 01:11 PM
Jepprey
Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKingsBR View Post
Hey guys, kings fan here but also a huge fan of Hemsky, just made a tribute for him and hope u guys enjoy

Yes thank you for that. I fricken love hemsky sexy dangles. Guy gets no love the past few years because his injuries.

Old
02-22-2013, 07:46 PM
Firenze
Robynho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jepprey View Post
Yes thank you for that. I fricken love hemsky sexy dangles. Guy gets no love the past few years because his injuries.
Thanks! Yeah me too, really glad hes having a good season so far, hope the injuries give him a break

Old
02-26-2013, 02:45 PM
joestevens29

I haven't exactly followed the whole Pistorius murder case, but I read a bit today and my god do I have to say how South Africa is ahead of us on gun safety.

Prospective gun owners must now take written exams that include questions on the law, have to show they can safely handle and shoot a gun and are required to hit a target the size of a glossy magazine in 10 of 10 shots from seven meters (23 feet), said Pretorius of the Professional Firearm Trainers Council.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I haven't exactly followed the whole Pistorius murder case, but I read a bit today and my god do I have to say how South Africa is ahead of us on gun safety.

Prospective gun owners must now take written exams that include questions on the law, have to show they can safely handle and shoot a gun and are required to hit a target the size of a glossy magazine in 10 of 10 shots from seven meters (23 feet), said Pretorius of the Professional Firearm Trainers Council.
You haven't followed the bolded either. The last thing you'd be thinking if you lived in South Africa was how safe you are from gun crime or homicide in general. In South Africa the Homicide rate is 20times higher than in Canada. The spousal violence and domestic homicide rate in South Africa is off the charts and a grievous social problem.

That said there have been improvements in South AFrica. 15 yrs ago the murder rate was over 60/100k and with 25-30K murders/year. For comparison purposes the highest murder count ever in Canada in one year is 635.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._homicide_rate

Last edited by Replacement: 02-26-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Closed Thread