HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators @ Lightning 6-4 loss

Old
01-25-2013, 10:06 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensrulz View Post
You don't seem to understand that this is a short schedule and you can't afford to give away points on any given night. To me McLean dropped the ball on this one as you ride your hot goalie until he says he needs a break, can't believe he would be tired after having 9 months off
I doesn't quite work that way.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
R2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
The first he was definitely slow to cover, his poor decisions when playing the puck resulted in a goal. He was down and out of position on the fifth goal, though Gonchar should have had Malone.

The loss definitely can be entirely pinned on Bishop, the team looked disorganized for most of the night and definitely tired in the third.

Having to kill four penalties in the first didn't help them either.
I call BS on both. What goalie wouldn't be down and out of position on the 5th goal? Honestly if he didn't react the way he did to the initial play then I would be worried. He made the right move on the initial play - my only complaint with the 5th goal is that he delayed one half a second before trying to slide across. Intuition should be the slide across without knowing who has the puck.

R2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
StittsvilleJames

I think most people in here need to realize, or remember at least, that we are technically still in this 3 year rebuild they promised us. We hate losing, and so do the players, but they need to learn to lose, and losing teaches them that.

So, chill folks! It's all good!

StittsvilleJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:07 PM
sensrulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
And you don't seem to understand that you have to pace your starting goalie. Especially when you have a schedule like 5 games in 7 days...

If it comes down to the stretch, we'll want Andy being sharp during games we can't afford to lose, rather than now when we still have a bit of slack.

This season is a sprint, but more like the 400m than the 100m.
Look buddy he's had 9 months off to rest, he's not 45

sensrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Xspyrit

Ok I'll try to inject some insight here because GDTs are filled with angst and knee jerk reactions a bit too much

MacStachio has a lot of work to do... his pairings and lines are not optimal

And he really have to use his time-out late in the game when we are trailing. Makes no sense to have Benoit out there in the end.

If we are not going to trust Wiercioch more than that, we need to acquire another defenseman

Methot-Karlsson
??????-Gonchar
Phillips-??????

This should be set in stone. Phillips and Gonchar don't mesh well together, sometimes the job is done but not consistently

Personally, I'd have Wiercioch with Gonchar and Borowiecki with Phillips until Lundin is back. Benoit as the 7th guy.

The problem is not Phillips or Gonchar, the problem is having them together. It never worked for an extended period, it's not like it's going to work out suddenly.

-------------------------------------

Now about the forward lines... Ok Latendresse was out but until then :

Regin/Latendresse-Spezza-Michalek
Silfverberg-Turris-Alfredsson
Greening/Regin-Smith-Neil
Greening/Regin-O'brien-Condra
Daugavins

Really hope we stop putting so much pressure on Silfverberg. Greening need to step up and Latendresse needs to get his body/head into the game. If he does, our lines will be much more consistent

****DONT FORGET PEOPLE**** WE ARE NOT CONTENDERS YET

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 1470
Quote:
You don't seem to understand that this is a short schedule and you can't afford to give away points on any given night. To me McLean dropped the ball on this one as you ride your hot goalie until he says he needs a break, can't believe he would be tired after having 9 months off
They also need to get Bishop games, whether to showcase or to prepare him in case god forbid Anderson gets out a kitchen knife and decides to cut some frozen meat products. Lehner deserves to be here and I believe that he has shown Murray and the big club that they can no longer leave him where he is.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:09 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
My main issue with Bishop tonight is that he didn't step up and give us a big save when we needed it. None of our skaters really looked great tonight. Thats when you need your tender to step up and instill confidence. He didn't.

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:10 PM
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
And you don't seem to understand that you have to pace your starting goalie. Especially when you have a schedule like 5 games in 7 days...

If it comes down to the stretch, we'll want Andy being sharp during games we can't afford to lose, rather than now when we still have a bit of slack.

This season is a sprint, but more like the 400m than the 100m.
Pretty much. With the contract situation, Bishop is the backup until he's dealt. The backup has to play from time to time, it's unfortunate that he didn't have a great game but some of the goals weren't totally his fault either.

Regardless it's one game, hopefully he's better the next time around and there will be a next time around.

PoutineSp00nZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:11 PM
QuattroFTW

Defense and goaltending lost us the game tonight. We had the goals and a two goal lead twice tonight. We should not have let that slide under any circumstances.

QuattroFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:12 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
MacLean's decision to play Bishop wasn't what concerned me, it was inserting Boro and Daugavins at the same time.

With the short training camp team's need consistency in the lineup, allowing the players time to develop chemistry. Adding 3 players, two of which created shuffling throughout the lineup, wasn't the wisest move IMO.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:13 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
I wont even be pissed if we can't get anything for Bishop. We gave a 2nd away based on potential. He was needed last season and played well when we needed him too. It was almost worth is just based on his play last season when Andy was out. Who knows, we may have to cut our losses and not get what we want back for him. Oh well. That's life.

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:14 PM
KA BLAMO

vCash: 50
Bishop's rebound control was terrible and overall this was a disappointing game to lose.

Anyways, I look forward to seeing Anderson back in nets and hope the boys come home motivated for Sunday!

KA BLAMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:14 PM
18Hossa

vCash: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
I wont even be pissed if we can't get anything for Bishop. We gave a 2nd away based on potential. He was needed last season and played well when we needed him too. It was almost worth is just based on his play last season when Andy was out. Who knows, we may have to cut our losses and not get what we want back for him. Oh well. That's life.
But i thought we could get a 1st for him?

18Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:15 PM
Berserker*

This is what half the people on here sound like after this loss

Lol

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:15 PM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
I blame whoever posted the dog picture with 5 dogs not four. This is on you.

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:18 PM
18Hossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell on Heels View Post
I blame whoever posted the dog picture with 5 dogs not four. This is on you.
It was this guy http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=126 he later edited it though.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:18 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuattroFTW View Post
Defense and goaltending lost us the game tonight. We had the goals and a two goal lead twice tonight. We should not have let that slide under any circumstances.
Goal scored from the blueline wasn't the fault of the D.

Second goal Bishop was slow to cover the puck.

Smith watching Phillips take the man instead of playing the puck resulted in a goal.

Bishop leaving the puck instead of playing it lead to a turnover and a goal.

Blown coverage off a faceoff by Alfie resulted in a goal.

The only play where I thought the defence didn't cover properly was Gonchar on the Malone goal.

No question the D scrabbled, but much of that was forwards not clearing the zone or not being in position on the side wall.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:21 PM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hossa View Post
It was this guy http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=126 he later edited it though.
Get him boys!!

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:22 PM
18Hossa

Old
01-25-2013, 10:24 PM
ChocolateLeclaire

Quote:
Good lordy...just because he's been off for 9 months doesn't mean he's built some magic reservoir of 9 months worth of energy to never get tired again.

There is a HUGE difference from practicing and occasional exercise and then playing in high-intensity hockey games.

If anything, he'd get tired in LESS games having not been in action all year.

f a

ChocolateLeclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:25 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Let me go against he grain here and say Bishop gets a pass on this one. He hasn't played in awhile and they shouldn't have kept Lehner around that long after camp and split all those reps between 3 goalies in a shortened season.

Bishop's rebound control is usually pretty good compared to tonight. There's obviously a lot of rust there. If Mac wanted to get him a game, he should have given it to him against the awful Panthers' roster.
The sens were also doing a terrible job of clearing the front of the net. It is kind of hard for a goaltender to make saves when he can't see the puck.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:30 PM
sg58

Yeah, the first one is definitely on Bish, but after that I don't think you can single out any of the goals as particularly soft. Perhaps goals he or other goalies stop a good night, though.

sg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:31 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
The sens were also doing a terrible job of clearing the front of the net. It is kind of hard for a goaltender to make saves when he can't see the puck.
As a Lightning fan coming in peace, very much this, I felt. Personally from my view Bishop was easily exploited by crashing the net, and your D just couldn't get our guys out of the way. Every single goal was created by a Lightning player in Bishop's face or getting the puck off of a rebound. That being said, Bishop's rebound control left a lot to be desired.

Your top couple of lines were buzzing though. Alfie looked pretty good, and Turris was surprisingly good (to me). I've watched a couple of your games this season and there's no doubt you all play better with Anderson in net. Good luck to you all moving forward.

Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:34 PM
2Cowen

vCash: 920
Quote:
Terrible logic.

2Cowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:37 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

vCash: 966
Was Karlsson on the ice for any ES goal against? He wasn't in the first 3 games....

Novak Djokovic is online now   Reply With Quote