HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Game 4 | Minnesota Wild @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:30 PM EST | FSD+ (HD) / NHLN (HD)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-25-2013, 09:21 PM
  #526
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office
 
WingedWheel1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: GPP Michigan
Posts: 7,432
vCash: 500
A horrible start ended up being very entertaining game.

WingedWheel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:30 PM
  #527
SoupGuru
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spokane
Country: United States
Posts: 10,304
vCash: 500
I think we have to come to terms with the fact that our #20 defenseman, hired hours before his first game, is our best defender.

SoupGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:30 PM
  #528
Datsyuk Dangles
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Datsyuk Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 3,660
vCash: 500
I swear to god if Kindl plays over Lashoff or Huskins...

Datsyuk Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:53 PM
  #529
sepster
Registered User
 
sepster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North of the 'D"
Posts: 1,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
I swear to god if Kindl plays over Lashoff or Huskins...
You would think that a guy struggling to establish himself at this level would have joined a team, any team during the lockout so that he'd have some advantage coming into the season. I've heard consistent rumors that he just doesn't work hard enough to make it.

sepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:59 PM
  #530
Mort Divine
Registered User
 
Mort Divine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Wayne, MI
Country:
Posts: 521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupGuru View Post
I think we have to come to terms with the fact that our #20 defenseman, hired hours before his first game, is our best defender.
If we can get good defensive play out of a 33 year old FA and a rookie call up I'll take it. They play exactly the kind of defensive game this team needs.

Mort Divine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:17 PM
  #531
ricky0034
Registered User
 
ricky0034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepster View Post
You would think that a guy struggling to establish himself at this level would have joined a team, any team during the lockout so that he'd have some advantage coming into the season. I've heard consistent rumors that he just doesn't work hard enough to make it.
huh?

Kindl played 27 games in the Czech league during the lockout....

ricky0034 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:25 PM
  #532
Datsyuk Dangles
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Datsyuk Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 3,660
vCash: 500
Doesn't the Czech league blow? He should've went to the KHL if he wanted to work on his game

Datsyuk Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:39 PM
  #533
sepster
Registered User
 
sepster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North of the 'D"
Posts: 1,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky0034 View Post
huh?

Kindl played 27 games in the Czech league during the lockout....
You know, that was a complete brain fart on my part.

sepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:51 PM
  #534
Flowah
I choose to believe
 
Flowah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
I swear to god if Kindl plays over Lashoff or Huskins...
Can someone point to something that Kindl did wrong?

He looked fine out there, nowhere near the worst D-man in what I saw.

Flowah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:52 PM
  #535
Datsyuk Dangles
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Datsyuk Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 3,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah View Post
Can someone point to something that Kindl did wrong?

He looked fine out there, nowhere near the worst D-man in what I saw.
Well let's see, he turned the puck over multiple times

Datsyuk Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:08 PM
  #536
FlashyG
Registered User
 
FlashyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
Well let's see, he turned the puck over multiple times
Took a stupid penalty as well

FlashyG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:19 PM
  #537
ricky0034
Registered User
 
ricky0034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
Doesn't the Czech league blow? He should've went to the KHL if he wanted to work on his game
why would a KHL team have wanted Kindl instead of someone better? they only had a very limited amount of NHL players they could take per team,Sweden wasn't taking NHL guys at all in their top league

i'd probably rate the Czech league below Finland and Switzerland too but it's not like it's miles behind them,it's a solid league

ricky0034 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:59 AM
  #538
smurfyeah19
Registered User
 
smurfyeah19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
Man JLA was absolutely rocking last night, just an incredible atmosphere. Also those were some goals by Datsyuk and Brunner, you couldn't save those no matter what. I just can't believe the difference Bert and Helm made. I knew it'd be great to get them back, but they completely jolted the O it seemed. Now lets make the postseason folks

smurfyeah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:11 AM
  #539
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyeah19 View Post
Man JLA was absolutely rocking last night, just an incredible atmosphere. Also those were some goals by Datsyuk and Brunner, you couldn't save those no matter what. I just can't believe the difference Bert and Helm made. I knew it'd be great to get them back, but they completely jolted the O it seemed. Now lets make the postseason folks
Was it really? Looked like there were about 10k people there... and yet foxsports reported that it was another "sellout". How can 10k people not show up for their seats?

What's the deal here?

mindfly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:15 AM
  #540
redwings85
In Ozzie I trust.
 
redwings85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: America's Hat.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Was it really? Looked like there were about 10k people there... and yet foxsports reported that it was another "sellout". How can 10k people not show up for their seats?

What's the deal here?
People just don't show up... Plain an simple, just like the Toronto maple leafs, they always sell out but when you watch the game the lower bowl is always 1/4-1/2 empty.
It's due to corporate for the most part they buy the seats, tickets get passed around if you go... You go.

When I worked for a big company we had tickets to every game, some of the employees went, some didnt, I took advantage of it when my turn came around.

redwings85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:26 AM
  #541
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwings85 View Post
People just don't show up... Plain an simple, just like the Toronto maple leafs, they always sell out but when you watch the game the lower bowl is always 1/4-1/2 empty.
It's due to corporate for the most part they buy the seats, tickets get passed around if you go... You go.

When I worked for a big company we had tickets to every game, some of the employees went, some didnt, I took advantage of it when my turn came around.
Canadian NHL-Arenas are always packed to max (atleast what it looks like when i watch games from there)... difference must be that the employees go to the games because canadians have more passion for hockey than americans.

mindfly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:38 AM
  #542
Trvp Lord
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,380
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Can somebody post highlights of this game that is mobile-friendly. I can't find highlights anywhere. I don't have a computer with internet so something I can watch on my phone, pretty pleaseeeee.

Trvp Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:44 AM
  #543
ProPAIN
Be realgud!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 10,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Was it really? Looked like there were about 10k people there... and yet foxsports reported that it was another "sellout". How can 10k people not show up for their seats?

What's the deal here?
Once they got going, the crowd was definitely alive. There were empty seats but they were probably season ticket holders who decided not to go to the game. But a lot of the fans started leaving 2 minutes before the end when the cut to John and Darren. I was telling myself, the Wild better not comeback from the 2 goal deficit or they'll be kicking themselves.

And it's not a playoff game, there is bound to be some empty seats. I don't have the data but I believe the Red Wings usually have sellout crowds during the regular season without everyone showing up.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:49 AM
  #544
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Once they got going, the crowd was definitely alive. There were empty seats but they were probably season ticket holders who decided not to go to the game. But a lot of the fans started leaving 2 minutes before the end when the cut to John and Darren. I was telling myself, the Wild better not comeback from the 2 goal deficit or they'll be kicking themselves.

And it's not a playoff game, there is bound to be some empty seats. I don't have the data but I believe the Red Wings usually have sellout crowds during the regular season without everyone showing up.
It's weird though, Detroit/Michigan is supposedly one of the greater hockey markets in the U.S, yet you never see empty seats in Boston, St.Paul, New York, Philadelphia etc. Where as there are always empty seats (by different degree) in Detroit, except maybe in the playoffs.

mindfly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:57 AM
  #545
ProPAIN
Be realgud!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 10,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsRatchet View Post
Can somebody post highlights of this game that is mobile-friendly. I can't find highlights anywhere. I don't have a computer with internet so something I can watch on my phone, pretty pleaseeeee.
If you download the gamecenter app for Android or Iphone, I'm pretty sure you can watched the condensed highlights. Or check the NHL's youtube page.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:09 AM
  #546
Flowah
I choose to believe
 
Flowah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
Well let's see, he turned the puck over multiple times
I saw him turn it over maybe a couple times, and one time he worked like a dog to get it back and DID get it back pretty much immediately after. You guys make it sound like he was a turnover machine but I didn't see anything close to that.

Flowah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:17 AM
  #547
smurfyeah19
Registered User
 
smurfyeah19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Was it really? Looked like there were about 10k people there... and yet foxsports reported that it was another "sellout". How can 10k people not show up for their seats?

What's the deal here?
Yeah the lower bowl is always spotty, the upper deck was completely full. Maybe a few people not showing up here or there but our section was completely full

smurfyeah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:05 PM
  #548
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 16,131
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
It's weird though, Detroit/Michigan is supposedly one of the greater hockey markets in the U.S, yet you never see empty seats in Boston, St.Paul, New York, Philadelphia etc. Where as there are always empty seats (by different degree) in Detroit, except maybe in the playoffs.
I see it, maybe not to the same degree it happens in Detroit, but they sold the tickets. That is the season ticket holders choice, I don't think we have the resale ability online of some of the other cities.

But make no mistake I notice it for every team, it is what it is.

On people pointing out the corporate tickets, there are a set of standards on who can actually attend with those in most cases. They don't always play that to a T, but certain companies do. So if the person in charge doesn't distribute the tickets, nobody is going to go.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:19 PM
  #549
Marky9er
Registered User
 
Marky9er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Dominica
Posts: 5,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Canadian NHL-Arenas are always packed to max (atleast what it looks like when i watch games from there)... difference must be that the employees go to the games because canadians have more passion for hockey than americans.
In Toronto you just go if you get a chance. You have no interest in paying those prices, but you pay for a chance to win them, or get them from a supplier. I love you UNISOURCE!

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:17 PM
  #550
Sadekuuro
Registered User
 
Sadekuuro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 4,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
you never see empty seats in Boston
I frequently see empty seats in Boston.

Sadekuuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.