HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Game 4 | Minnesota Wild @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:30 PM EST | FSD+ (HD) / NHLN (HD)

Old
01-25-2013, 09:21 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

vCash: 500
A horrible start ended up being very entertaining game.

WingedWheel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:30 PM
SoupGuru

I think we have to come to terms with the fact that our #20 defenseman, hired hours before his first game, is our best defender.

SoupGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:30 PM
Datsyuk Dangles
HFBoards Sponsor

I swear to god if Kindl plays over Lashoff or Huskins...

Datsyuk Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:53 PM
sepster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
You would think that a guy struggling to establish himself at this level would have joined a team, any team during the lockout so that he'd have some advantage coming into the season. I've heard consistent rumors that he just doesn't work hard enough to make it.

sepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:59 PM
Mort Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupGuru View Post
I think we have to come to terms with the fact that our #20 defenseman, hired hours before his first game, is our best defender.
If we can get good defensive play out of a 33 year old FA and a rookie call up I'll take it. They play exactly the kind of defensive game this team needs.

Mort Divine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:17 PM
ricky0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepster View Post
You would think that a guy struggling to establish himself at this level would have joined a team, any team during the lockout so that he'd have some advantage coming into the season. I've heard consistent rumors that he just doesn't work hard enough to make it.
huh?

Kindl played 27 games in the Czech league during the lockout....

ricky0034 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:25 PM
Datsyuk Dangles
HFBoards Sponsor

Doesn't the Czech league blow? He should've went to the KHL if he wanted to work on his game

Old
01-25-2013, 10:39 PM
sepster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky0034 View Post
huh?

Kindl played 27 games in the Czech league during the lockout....
You know, that was a complete brain fart on my part.

sepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:51 PM
Flowah
I choose to believe

Quote:
Can someone point to something that Kindl did wrong?

He looked fine out there, nowhere near the worst D-man in what I saw.

Flowah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:52 PM
Datsyuk Dangles
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah View Post
Can someone point to something that Kindl did wrong?

He looked fine out there, nowhere near the worst D-man in what I saw.
Well let's see, he turned the puck over multiple times

Old
01-25-2013, 11:08 PM
FlashyG

Quote:
Took a stupid penalty as well

FlashyG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:19 PM
ricky0034

Quote:
Doesn't the Czech league blow? He should've went to the KHL if he wanted to work on his game
why would a KHL team have wanted Kindl instead of someone better? they only had a very limited amount of NHL players they could take per team,Sweden wasn't taking NHL guys at all in their top league

i'd probably rate the Czech league below Finland and Switzerland too but it's not like it's miles behind them,it's a solid league

ricky0034 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:59 AM
smurfyeah19

Man JLA was absolutely rocking last night, just an incredible atmosphere. Also those were some goals by Datsyuk and Brunner, you couldn't save those no matter what. I just can't believe the difference Bert and Helm made. I knew it'd be great to get them back, but they completely jolted the O it seemed. Now lets make the postseason folks

smurfyeah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:11 AM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyeah19 View Post
Man JLA was absolutely rocking last night, just an incredible atmosphere. Also those were some goals by Datsyuk and Brunner, you couldn't save those no matter what. I just can't believe the difference Bert and Helm made. I knew it'd be great to get them back, but they completely jolted the O it seemed. Now lets make the postseason folks
Was it really? Looked like there were about 10k people there... and yet foxsports reported that it was another "sellout". How can 10k people not show up for their seats?

What's the deal here?

mindfly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:15 AM
redwings85
In Ozzie I trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Was it really? Looked like there were about 10k people there... and yet foxsports reported that it was another "sellout". How can 10k people not show up for their seats?

What's the deal here?
People just don't show up... Plain an simple, just like the Toronto maple leafs, they always sell out but when you watch the game the lower bowl is always 1/4-1/2 empty.
It's due to corporate for the most part they buy the seats, tickets get passed around if you go... You go.

When I worked for a big company we had tickets to every game, some of the employees went, some didnt, I took advantage of it when my turn came around.

redwings85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:26 AM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwings85 View Post
People just don't show up... Plain an simple, just like the Toronto maple leafs, they always sell out but when you watch the game the lower bowl is always 1/4-1/2 empty.
It's due to corporate for the most part they buy the seats, tickets get passed around if you go... You go.

When I worked for a big company we had tickets to every game, some of the employees went, some didnt, I took advantage of it when my turn came around.
Canadian NHL-Arenas are always packed to max (atleast what it looks like when i watch games from there)... difference must be that the employees go to the games because canadians have more passion for hockey than americans.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:38 AM
Trvp Lord

Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Can somebody post highlights of this game that is mobile-friendly. I can't find highlights anywhere. I don't have a computer with internet so something I can watch on my phone, pretty pleaseeeee.

Trvp Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:44 AM
ProPAIN
Be realgud!

Quote:

What's the deal here?
Once they got going, the crowd was definitely alive. There were empty seats but they were probably season ticket holders who decided not to go to the game. But a lot of the fans started leaving 2 minutes before the end when the cut to John and Darren. I was telling myself, the Wild better not comeback from the 2 goal deficit or they'll be kicking themselves.

And it's not a playoff game, there is bound to be some empty seats. I don't have the data but I believe the Red Wings usually have sellout crowds during the regular season without everyone showing up.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:49 AM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Once they got going, the crowd was definitely alive. There were empty seats but they were probably season ticket holders who decided not to go to the game. But a lot of the fans started leaving 2 minutes before the end when the cut to John and Darren. I was telling myself, the Wild better not comeback from the 2 goal deficit or they'll be kicking themselves.

And it's not a playoff game, there is bound to be some empty seats. I don't have the data but I believe the Red Wings usually have sellout crowds during the regular season without everyone showing up.
It's weird though, Detroit/Michigan is supposedly one of the greater hockey markets in the U.S, yet you never see empty seats in Boston, St.Paul, New York, Philadelphia etc. Where as there are always empty seats (by different degree) in Detroit, except maybe in the playoffs.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:57 AM
ProPAIN
Be realgud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsRatchet View Post
Can somebody post highlights of this game that is mobile-friendly. I can't find highlights anywhere. I don't have a computer with internet so something I can watch on my phone, pretty pleaseeeee.
If you download the gamecenter app for Android or Iphone, I'm pretty sure you can watched the condensed highlights. Or check the NHL's youtube page.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Flowah
I choose to believe

Quote:
I saw him turn it over maybe a couple times, and one time he worked like a dog to get it back and DID get it back pretty much immediately after. You guys make it sound like he was a turnover machine but I didn't see anything close to that.

Flowah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:17 AM
smurfyeah19

Quote:

What's the deal here?
Yeah the lower bowl is always spotty, the upper deck was completely full. Maybe a few people not showing up here or there but our section was completely full

smurfyeah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:05 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
It's weird though, Detroit/Michigan is supposedly one of the greater hockey markets in the U.S, yet you never see empty seats in Boston, St.Paul, New York, Philadelphia etc. Where as there are always empty seats (by different degree) in Detroit, except maybe in the playoffs.
I see it, maybe not to the same degree it happens in Detroit, but they sold the tickets. That is the season ticket holders choice, I don't think we have the resale ability online of some of the other cities.

But make no mistake I notice it for every team, it is what it is.

On people pointing out the corporate tickets, there are a set of standards on who can actually attend with those in most cases. They don't always play that to a T, but certain companies do. So if the person in charge doesn't distribute the tickets, nobody is going to go.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:19 PM
Marky9er

Quote:
Canadian NHL-Arenas are always packed to max (atleast what it looks like when i watch games from there)... difference must be that the employees go to the games because canadians have more passion for hockey than americans.
In Toronto you just go if you get a chance. You have no interest in paying those prices, but you pay for a chance to win them, or get them from a supplier. I love you UNISOURCE!

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:17 PM
Sadekuuro

Quote:
you never see empty seats in Boston
I frequently see empty seats in Boston.

Sadekuuro is offline   Reply With Quote