HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Scapegoat of the 2013 season?

View Poll Results: Who will be the MVG for the 2013 season?
Sergei Gonchar 6 7.23%
Milan Michalek 0 0%
Peter Regin 1 1.20%
Ben Bishop 19 22.89%
Bryan Murray 1 1.20%
Chris Phillips 20 24.10%
Guillaume Latendresse 35 42.17%
Colin Greening 1 1.20%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-25-2013, 10:19 PM
Xspyrit

vCash: 500
Scapegoat of the 2013 season?

Every year, it seems that people absolutely NEED a scapegoat (or 2) so they could feel a lot better in their hurting little hearts (just guessing). Gerber, Regin, Leclaire, Kuba, Fisher, Kovalev, Vermette, Gonchar, Spezza, Murray, Clouston, Hartsburg,... many have experimented that social behavior before... Everyone possibly went through this except maybe Daniel Alfredsson. Even Karlsson was a bit of a scapegoat in his first few NHL steps.

So the question is :

Who will be the MVG (Most Valuable Goat) this season?

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:19 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Latendresse and Phillips it seems.

Emerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:20 PM
18Hossa

vCash: 232
Phillips, Latendresse or Bishop or all three like tonight.

18Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:25 PM
source

Murray.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:28 PM
Legend Killer

vCash: 1263
Silfverberg

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:29 PM
KA BLAMO

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Everyone possibly went through this except maybe Daniel Alfredsson.
A year or two prior the Cup run there was a nonsensical "Trade Alfie" campaign spearheaded by the dummies over at the Ottawa Sun.

KA BLAMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:38 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
This thread is coming right after a horrible performance from Bishop.

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:01 PM
Rumcajs

HF Boards is like the French Revolution. One error and its off with your head.

Rumcajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:04 PM
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray

vCash: 3900
Voted Bishop because overreacting after one game is fun.

Deku Scrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:28 PM
Senateurs
No rispek!!

Phillips sucks and is slow as ****.

Senateurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:35 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

None. Corey Pronman tweeted something I've been saying for a while now. If we make a trade for a top 4 defender and with Lundin back, we go all of a sudden from a weak defensive core to a really deep and strong one which would subsequently make us a top 4-5 team in the East.

You are all overreacting after this:

1) Compared to the horrific penalty-filled anti-Sens movement in the first, we played a really solid game. If Anderson was in net it would have been 5-2 us, pretty easily.

2) You can blame Bishop but only to an extent, first NHL action in quite some time.

You can't really blame Phillips because he was supposed to play bottom-pairing minutes this year but obviously the circumstances changed due to injuries. With that being said, he has played BEAUTIFULLY in the role he isn't supposed to be in, obviously a couple of errors here and there but with a less rusty goalie, we would be 4-0 and this thread would cease to exist.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:40 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
Voted Bishop because overreacting after one game is fun.
Bingo.

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:48 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
None. Corey Pronman tweeted something I've been saying for a while now. If we make a trade for a top 4 defender and with Lundin back, we go all of a sudden from a weak defensive core to a really deep and strong one which would subsequently make us a top 4-5 team in the East.

1) Compared to the horrific penalty-filled anti-Sens movement in the first, we played a really solid game. If Anderson was in net it would have been 5-2 us, pretty easily.

2) You can blame Bishop but only to an extent, first NHL action in quite some time.

You can't really blame Phillips because he was supposed to play bottom-pairing minutes this year but obviously the circumstances changed due to injuries. With that being said, he has played BEAUTIFULLY in the role he isn't supposed to be in, obviously a couple of errors here and there but with a less rusty goalie, we would be 4-0 and this thread would cease to exist.
A top-4 D-man doesn't turn this blueline from mediocre to really deep and strong, IMO. A top pairing guy, maybe. Not a top-4 guy.

That said, I agree with your assessments of Bishop and Phillips. People expect too much from this roster at times, and it leads to wild and ridiculous statements about the complexion of this team. We're still in the process of rebuilding - making the playoffs should not be an expectation at this point. Some people are acting like we ought to challenge for division lead.

01-25-2013, 11:58 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
A top-4 D-man doesn't turn this blueline from mediocre to really deep and strong, IMO. A top pairing guy, maybe. Not a top-4 guy.

That said, I agree with your assessments of Bishop and Phillips. People expect too much from this roster at times, and it leads to wild and ridiculous statements about the complexion of this team. We're still in the process of rebuilding - making the playoffs should not be an expectation at this point. Some people are acting like we ought to challenge for division lead.
Methot-Karlsson
Gonchar-Robidas
Lundin-Phillips
Wier

Years improvement over our current one. Solid top 4 and excellent bottom pairing. Gonchar gets way too much flack. He is a great d-man.

Robidas is just an example of the best possible top 4. I agree top 2 would be ages better but under realistic grounds I don't see it happening unless, we move our first+ in the deadline for a Yandle. Doubt Murray would package Bish+Z-Bad now for a top-pairing which would be an asking price to begin with.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:02 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

These threads are complete ****. It only hurts the team. Opposite of support. So gtfo

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:04 AM
costermonger
sans classe

Karlsson. Because if you're gonna go retard, you might as well go full retard.

costermonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:05 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by costermonger View Post
Karlsson. Because if you're gonna go retard, you might as well go full retard.
Hahaha, good one.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:45 AM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 1470
Latts better get his ass back on the ice... Dude is like a giant teddy bear... one friggen missing stitch and all his stuffing falls out. Stop being so damn injury prone big man. You need to go on the subway diet and then go work out with Gary Roberts Gui.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:38 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

Am I seriously the only one to vote gonchar?

maybe you guys should rewatch the 5 goals tonight, and the two before that as well.

01-26-2013, 03:32 AM
bacon25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post

I agree but the goat today (if there has to be one) is Maclean, in a shortened season, two points is two points and putting bishop in to "show" him off only lessened his value and hurt the Sens momentum. Andy was rolling and he should have stuck with him. I am curious too see how the team reacts to a loss, bounce back games are signs of a teams resiliency IMO.

bacon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 06:25 AM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon25 View Post
I agree but the goat today (if there has to be one) is Maclean, in a shortened season, two points is two points and putting bishop in to "show" him off only lessened his value and hurt the Sens momentum. Andy was rolling and he should have stuck with him. I am curious too see how the team reacts to a loss, bounce back games are signs of a teams resiliency IMO.
This is the kind of poorly thought out statement I expect to read on the Sens Facebook page...not HF.

In a shortened season, you need to start you backup every couple games and almost always in back-to-back situations. There's no point in running a red hot Craig Anderson into the ground by starting him 4 times a week until the playoffs just so he can flame out because he's exhausted.

Bishop stunk but it was absolutely the right thing to do to give him the start.

Smarten up.

IHWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:01 AM
bacon25

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHWR View Post
This is the kind of poorly thought out statement I expect to read on the Sens Facebook page...not HF.

In a shortened season, you need to start you backup every couple games and almost always in back-to-back situations. There's no point in running a red hot Craig Anderson into the ground by starting him 4 times a week until the playoffs just so he can flame out because he's exhausted.

Smarten up.
I understand your point buy do you really think that I am suggesting that Anderson play all 48 games? Anderson has had half a season to rest up; did he call you and tell you he was feeling pooped? Don't start attacking me because you think you are better armchair GM. Please tell me oh wise one, what kind of hockey credentials do you posses? How much experience do you have running an NHL hockey team? Please tell me how calling me dumb makes your statement more correct. I didn't know that one had to be a former goalie coach to post on these boards.

Smarten up indeed

bacon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:48 AM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon25 View Post
I understand your point buy do you really think that I am suggesting that Anderson play all 48 games? Anderson has had half a season to rest up; did he call you and tell you he was feeling pooped? Don't start attacking me because you think you are better armchair GM. Please tell me oh wise one, what kind of hockey credentials do you posses? How much experience do you have running an NHL hockey team? Please tell me how calling me dumb makes your statement more correct. I didn't know that one had to be a former goalie coach to post on these boards.

Smarten up indeed
Good points. I'm not an NHL coach so who am I to defend the decision of an NHL coach?

Ground breaking stuff in there.

IHWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:54 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHWR View Post

Smarten up.
Exactly this. Copy and paste this next time bishop starts and people complain.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:53 AM
HappyDude
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senateurs View Post
Phillips sucks and is slow as ****.
I second this. Phillips isn't a top four guy anymore. Its not that he is being a scapegoat, its that he isn't capable of going up against the top players anymore.

HappyDude is offline   Reply With Quote