HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If you were Trotz..

Old
01-25-2013, 08:47 PM
Shea Weber

vCash: 500
If you were Trotz..

After last night we need a change up:

33/12/10
57/11/27
74/28/24
18/13/15

Wilson and Bourque have earned it.

What say you?

Last edited by golfmade: 01-26-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:02 PM
Top 6 Spaling

33-15-10
27-11-57
74-12-13
18-28-24

I know Smith hasn't earned a 1st line spot, but if Willy and Erat can't get him going, nothing can. It's worth a shot to have our three best forwards together for a change.

I really like that 27-11-57 line, so keep them together

SK and Fish get demoted for sucking. Spals, if he can try winger, can bring some energy to their deadness.

Spare parts line, but Goose and Hali can be great as shutdown guys.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:10 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

So I guess practice lines were

Wilson-Fisher-Erat
Bourque-Legwand-Hornqvist
Kostitsyn-Spaling-Smith
Clune-Gaustad-Yip

I like these lines, relatively speaking. Wilson to the top line just makes too much sense. SK was the black hole up there. It's do or die time for Wilson. Will he rise to the occasion? Spent a long time in the Trotz doghouse waiting for this moment.

Bourque is worthy of promotion, even though he's not really top 6 material. With him and Horns running around that may open up space for Legwand to do something offensively. That line needs a playmaker though. That's why Hornqvist looks out of place at times. He's sometimes the only one making plays out there when it's not his role.

I guess the strategy behind line 3 is two negatives equal a positive? If Smith continues to struggle, I'd promote Yip. Like it or not he's been decent these past couple games and is always giving 100%. Spaling has his work cut out for him either way. Really hope SK wakes up.

4th line is whatever. No opinion as long as someone can take a faceoff.

I like it for now. I'm not in a hurry to promote Smith. I wanna get Wilson going this year, worry about Smith next year.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:39 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
So I guess practice lines were

Wilson-Fisher-Erat
Bourque-Legwand-Hornqvist
Kostitsyn-Spaling-Smith
Clune-Gaustad-Yip

I like these lines, relatively speaking. Wilson to the top line just makes too much sense. SK was the black hole up there. It's do or die time for Wilson. Will he rise to the occasion? Spent a long time in the Trotz doghouse waiting for this moment.

Bourque is worthy of promotion, even though he's not really top 6 material. With him and Horns running around that may open up space for Legwand to do something offensively. That line needs a playmaker though. That's why Hornqvist looks out of place at times. He's sometimes the only one making plays out there when it's not his role.

I guess the strategy behind line 3 is two negatives equal a positive? If Smith continues to struggle, I'd promote Yip. Like it or not he's been decent these past couple games and is always giving 100%. Spaling has his work cut out for him either way. Really hope SK wakes up.

4th line is whatever. No opinion as long as someone can take a faceoff.

I like it for now. I'm not in a hurry to promote Smith. I wanna get Wilson going this year, worry about Smith next year.
Wilson is the key. Smith needs to be sent down if nothing else to wake him up. Scratch SK to wake him up. Is somebody at Milw ready to call up?

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:06 PM
Predatorbill

vCash: 50
Since we are having so many problems with our passing, do u think it is wise to break up our lines?

Predatorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:28 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I would be bald, have no neck, and cranky......

Wait....

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:38 PM
NoNecksCurse

bourque (57) - wilson (33) - erat (10)
spaling (13) - legwand (11) - smith (15)
hornqvist (27) - fisher (12) - halischuk (24)
kostitsyn (74) - gaustad (28) - yip (18)

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:08 PM
Teekko

Wilson - Legwand - Erat
Kostitsyn - Fisher - Smith
Bourque - Spaling - Hornqvist
Yip - Gaustad - Halischuk

Teekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:12 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
bourque (57) - wilson (33) - erat (10)
spaling (13) - legwand (11) - smith (15)
hornqvist (27) - fisher (12) - halischuk (24)
kostitsyn (74) - gaustad (28) - yip (18)
I don't think putting SK on a 4th line is going to help anything. If it's for the sake of 'sending a message', there's probably better ways to do it. Even if he hasn't looked great, he still has the ability to create goals. I'm fine with switching up his linemates, but at least keep him around players that can put the puck in the net.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:22 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I don't think putting SK on a 4th line is going to help anything. If it's for the sake of 'sending a message', there's probably better ways to do it. Even if he hasn't looked great, he still has the ability to create goals. I'm fine with switching up his linemates, but at least keep him around players that can put the puck in the net.
its not about sending a message. just who's producing.. gaustad and yip can hold a cycle. he should get some room to shoot especially with matchups. i think it'd be good for him.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:27 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
its not about sending a message. just who's producing.. gaustad and yip can hold a cycle. he should get some room to shoot especially with matchups. i think it'd be good for him.
I just view SK as much more of a passer, but if he wants to shoot more, good for him. Of course, those lines removes Clune from the lineup (fine by me) and Trotz is in love with him at the moment. So it's probably not going to happen.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:47 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
I just view SK as much more of a passer, but if he wants to shoot more, good for him. Of course, those lines removes Clune from the lineup (fine by me) and Trotz is in love with him at the moment. So it's probably not going to happen.
sk is more of a passer. i think thats part of his problem. he has a sneaky wicked shot. he would be forced to use it with his winger being yip lol. he should have room and matchups, home or away.

funny you mention clune. isn't it weird how trotz constantly had toots in the doghouse but all of sudden he likes clune? tootoo excels 3x in the role clune is trying to fill. clune and mcgrattan just need to sit.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:06 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
sk is more of a passer. i think thats part of his problem. he has a sneaky wicked shot. he would be forced to use it with his winger being yip lol. he should have room and matchups, home or away.

funny you mention clune. isn't it weird how trotz constantly had toots in the doghouse but all of sudden he likes clune? tootoo excels 3x in the role clune is trying to fill. clune and mcgrattan just need to sit.
I wouldn't be shocked if SK tried to make a pass in a shootout at some point haha. I get your theory about having him play with guys that forces him to shoot, and maybe it would work, but I know Trotz was harping on him last year to shoot more often so I don't know if it's his linemates or mindset. But I see what you mean.

When I heard that Clune was going to play opening night I thought to myself "Oh great, this guy is already in the lineup? This is going to be annoying", and it has been. I personally would rather have McGrattan in the lineup. And yeah it's weird that Tootoo was in the doghouse and Clune is on a pedestal. I don't see anything out of him that impresses me so far, other than his willingness to be a punching bag

Old
01-26-2013, 01:54 AM
ninetynine*

Quote:
I wouldn't be shocked if SK tried to make a pass in a shootout at some point haha. I get your theory about having him play with guys that forces him to shoot, and maybe it would work, but I know Trotz was harping on him last year to shoot more often so I don't know if it's his linemates or mindset. But I see what you mean.

When I heard that Clune was going to play opening night I thought to myself "Oh great, this guy is already in the lineup? This is going to be annoying", and it has been. I personally would rather have McGrattan in the lineup. And yeah it's weird that Tootoo was in the doghouse and Clune is on a pedestal. I don't see anything out of him that impresses me so far, other than his willingness to be a punching bag
Mcgrattan had that really good streak going last year where he played 19 of 20 games. I understand why Yip is a little in front of McGrattan on the depth chart, but I don't see it with Clune.
If McGrattan's not a deterrant to Reaves for example, Clune is even less so. McGrattan's no worse a player really, yeah he's slower but he's also the league's best fighter.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
1) Sign Winchester from Milwaukee, waive Clune to the Ads...
2) Play Craig Smith at center simply to try to get him going...

Kostitsyn - Fisher - Erat
Wilson - Legwand - Bourque
Spaling - Smith - Hornqvist
Winchester - Gaustad - Halischuk/Yip

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:10 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
1) Sign Winchester from Milwaukee, waive Clune to the Ads...
2) Play Craig Smith at center simply to try to get him going...

Kostitsyn - Fisher - Erat
Wilson - Legwand - Bourque
Spaling - Smith - Hornqvist
Winchester - Gaustad - Halischuk/Yip
You really think Winchester is an answer don't you?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
You really think Winchester is an answer don't you?
Not THE answer, but...an answer to filling one of our voids. We need an aggressive forechecker with some speed and size that isn't going to go around chasing bad hits and can be trusted to take a regular shift at even-strength. Winchester kills penalties too...

I'm not calling for trading for a star to fix anything, I'm simply saying sign the veteran playing for your minor league affiliate and replace a guy you picked up off waivers that's never stuck in the NHL before...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:06 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
Mcgrattan had that really good streak going last year where he played 19 of 20 games. I understand why Yip is a little in front of McGrattan on the depth chart, but I don't see it with Clune.
If McGrattan's not a deterrant to Reaves for example, Clune is even less so. McGrattan's no worse a player really, yeah he's slower but he's also the league's best fighter.
I don't get Trotz's immediate infatuation with Clune. I feel like what McGrattan brings to the table outweighs him. McGrattan isn't going to chalk up many points, but neither is Clune. If McGrattan's presence in the lineup helps set a physical tone, I'm for it. Yes he's probably the league's best fighter, or one of them anyway, and that makes up for whatever Clune "brings more of to the table", which can't be much.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:14 PM
alexmanu

Quote:
Not THE answer, but...an answer to filling one of our voids. We need an aggressive forechecker with some speed and size that isn't going to go around chasing bad hits and can be trusted to take a regular shift at even-strength. Winchester kills penalties too...

I'm not calling for trading for a star to fix anything, I'm simply saying sign the veteran playing for your minor league affiliate and replace a guy you picked up off waivers that's never stuck in the NHL before...
Winchester is probably a better option than McGrattan/Clune right now I would have to agree. He should get called up pretty soon.

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:41 PM
Privy
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Wilson is the key. Smith needs to be sent down if nothing else to wake him up. Scratch SK to wake him up. Is somebody at Milw ready to call up?
Smith would benefit from some time on the Ad's first line, but he is subject to waivers. Smith would get claimed in a heartbeat. All you can do is sit him, stick him on a line with no offensive talent, or give him some linemates that could potentially jump start his offensive game.

Quote:

I agree 100%. Like I said in another thread, Clune is trying but Winchester is an upgrade. It may not seem like much but you get a big body who can kill penalties, throw big hits, and chip in some goals every now and then.

Privy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:44 PM
Top 6 Spaling

As bad as Smith has been, sticking him on a bottom line is NOT the answer. All that is going to do is hurt him more. Put him with good offensive players and let them feed off of each other.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
As bad as Smith has been, sticking him on a bottom line is NOT the answer. All that is going to do is hurt him more. Put him with good offensive players and let them feed off of each other.
Who on this team would qualify as "good offensive players"? I don't mean that in a sarcastic way, I just mean would you suggest finding a way for him to play with Erat or SK? Wilson? Leggy? I agree putting him on the 4th line does no good at all and I think he's too useful for that role.

I hope we keep the practice lines from yesterday intact.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:54 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Who on this team would qualify as "good offensive players"? I don't mean that in a sarcastic way, I just mean would you suggest finding a way for him to play with Erat or SK? Wilson? I agree putting him on the 4th line does no good at all.
33-15-10 is my idea. Wilson and Erat have been our best forwards.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:57 PM
alexmanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
33-15-10 is my idea. Wilson and Erat have been our best forwards.
Having Wilson and Erat alongside him would sure help Smith get his offensive game going, Trotz won't make that move though.

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:59 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post
Having Wilson and Erat alongside him would sure help Smith get his offensive game going, Trotz won't make that move though.
I know, but I can dream

33-15-10
27-11-57
74-12-13
18-28-24