HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

P.K. Subban resigns with Montreal, Jan. 28 (post #1)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-25-2013, 06:56 PM
  #401
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,046
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
if not subban then who else can we get especially if we make the playoffs?
List of 2013 UFA d men :

http://capgeek.com/free-agents/?year...D&fa_type_id=2

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:57 PM
  #402
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,046
vCash: 50
Updated spreadsheet for 60m cap

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:06 PM
  #403
Damaged Goods
Registered User
 
Damaged Goods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,026
vCash: 500

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:17 PM
  #404
habsfanatics
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
As long as no trade happens I'm cool.

You keep the player I don't understand, and we'll keep our player that you think we overrate.

Everyone wins.
When did I say anything about you overrating your own? Couts is a great young player. I have np saying that, but Subban won't be had for Flyer's spare parts.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:23 PM
  #405
habsfanatics
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
I'm confused why we don't offer sheet him?
IMO the reason the Flyers won't offer sheet him if they are truly interested is because they know it's the most likely scenario where the flyers won't be able to acquire him. Montreal matches nearly every offer, but if a deal can work out for sides, they could have a legitimate shot of acquiring him(not sure if Bergevin is even kicking tires here), but if an offer comes up that he likes, you never know. Offer sheeting ensures that they won't get him.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:23 PM
  #406
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,046
vCash: 50
Might as well put these here :

Largest contracts while staying under the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd deal :
7 years @ 4.107m per
6 years @ 4.791m per
5 years @ 5.75m per

Largest contract while staying under the 2 1sts, 2nd, and 3rd :
7 years @ 5.135m per
6 years @ 5.991m per
5 years @ 7.188m per

The one I like the most is the 5 years @ 5.75m per and then the 6 years @ 5.991m per

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:24 PM
  #407
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,046
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
IMO the reason the Flyers won't offer sheet him if they are truly interested is because they know it's the most likely scenario where the flyers won't be able to acquire him. Montreal matches nearly every offer, but if a deal can work out for sides, they could have a legitimate shot of acquiring him(not sure if Bergevin is even kicking tires here), but if an offer comes up that he likes, you never know. Offer sheeting ensures that they won't get him.
"montreal matches almost every offer"

Then why are they trying to undercut him so much?

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:31 PM
  #408
habsfanatics
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
"montreal matches almost every offer"

Then why are they trying to undercut him so much?
Marc Bergevin is trying to create a structure to set a precedence for future RFA's, which quite frankly is silly, but if PK gets offer sheeted, it allows Bergevin to save face and match. Any offer sheet will be matched, it's pretty much a guarantee.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:32 PM
  #409
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,254
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
"montreal matches almost every offer"

Then why are they trying to undercut him so much?
I would have to agree that Montreal matches almost every offer. Realistically the Flyers wouldn't offer as much necessary to the point where Montreal would consider the picks or simply not be able to match (if they did the Flyers would be nuts). Any other offer would be matched, if you ask me.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:36 PM
  #410
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,046
vCash: 50
Why is he trying to set a precedence for future RFAs?

Makes little sense to do it that way since not all future RFAs are going to be worth as much as Subban is.

I see Habs fans say that it's similar to the Pacioretty and Price 2nd contract. But at that point, Pacioretty was coming off of a long injury and Price had a terrible playoff run and an average season

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:37 PM
  #411
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,046
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I would have to agree that Montreal matches almost every offer. Realistically the Flyers wouldn't offer as much necessary to the point where Montreal would consider the picks or simply not be able to match (if they did the Flyers would be nuts). Any other offer would be matched, if you ask me.
Oh, I think they would match it as well. But their GM holding out for 2-3m less than what Subban wants is ridiculous

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:44 PM
  #412
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,254
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Oh, I think they would match it as well. But their GM holding out for 2-3m less than what Subban wants is ridiculous
Oh for sure. This is just like the lockout BS. Seeing who will blink first.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:11 PM
  #413
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
didnt they say the same thing about the JVR for L Schenn deal???

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:35 PM
  #414
Damaged Goods
Registered User
 
Damaged Goods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
Marc Bergevin is trying to create a structure to set a precedence for future RFA's, which quite frankly is silly, but if PK gets offer sheeted, it allows Bergevin to save face and match. Any offer sheet will be matched, it's pretty much a guarantee.
Wouldn't it be more practical to have some flexibility with Subban and still get decent discount rather than getting pinned into a corner where you have to match whatever the market will bear?

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:41 PM
  #415
Damaged Goods
Registered User
 
Damaged Goods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I would have to agree that Montreal matches almost every offer. Realistically the Flyers wouldn't offer as much necessary to the point where Montreal would consider the picks or simply not be able to match (if they did the Flyers would be nuts). Any other offer would be matched, if you ask me.
You can still gain leverage by getting the Subban to sign a sheet. Remember the scenario where the Flyers would trade assets to the Predators in a side deal in exchange for not matching the offer? The same thing could come into play here. Put Montreal under the gun.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:15 PM
  #416
habsfanatics
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
Wouldn't it be more practical to have some flexibility with Subban and still get decent discount rather than getting pinned into a corner where you have to match whatever the market will bear?
Most definitely imo, I don't agree with the policy he's trying to instill, but if the Flyers offer sheet and Montreal matches, he still can claim he was true to the policy he set forward.

To be truthful, I think that Marc Bergevin has handled the situation terribly, but as a rookie GM he feels "it's the hill worth dying on", so to speak. Personally I am tired of incompetent habs management, but if this continues I'm afraid we're in for another few years of it.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:29 PM
  #417
achdumeingute
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 2,262
vCash: 500
Lol at these 6~m offer sheet proposals.

If we want Subban, something like 8m+ per year will work.

Is he worth that, no. Should we pay him that, no.

but its moronic to keep this going with weak offer sheets.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:33 PM
  #418
achdumeingute
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 2,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I have no idea I'm thinking something similar to what we did last year with Kubina and Grossmann. Homer will probably give up another second for a solid guy we can plug into the lineup.
Which we should just NOT do. Its time to bite the bullet and rebuild our farm so we COULD trade for a guy like Subban without hurting the NHL roster.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:31 PM
  #419
toughfighter83*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
you know homer is probably not going to do defense in the first round, that's what he is, either he'll have to give up a pick or a young player to get subban or whoever, this team needs a big time defensemen unless homer does draft one which i doubt.

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:01 PM
  #420
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
you know homer is probably not going to do defense in the first round, that's what he is, either he'll have to give up a pick or a young player to get subban or whoever, this team needs a big time defensemen unless homer does draft one which i doubt.
I'm thinking our draft pick this year is gonna be somewhere in the 20's. There's some good defensemen in this draft from what i've been reading. I like Nikita Zadorov from London, Darnell Nurse from Sault Ste. Marie, and Samuel Morin from Rimouski. I think only Morin will be the only one around later in the 1st round though.

There's probably other defensemen in this draft that will be available late in the 1st but those 3 are really the only one's i watched this year and liked.

I want Zadorov badly but i think he'll go pretty early in this draft. I think Jones is the only D-man I would take over him in this draft.


Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 01-25-2013 at 11:17 PM.
LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:10 AM
  #421
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I'm thinking our draft pick this year is gonna be somewhere in the 20's. There's some good defensemen in this draft from what i've been reading. I like Nikita Zadorov from London, Darnell Nurse from Sault Ste. Marie, and Samuel Morin from Rimouski. I think only Morin will be the only one around later in the 1st round though.

There's probably other defensemen in this draft that will be available late in the 1st but those 3 are really the only one's i watched this year and liked.

I want Zadorov badly but i think he'll go pretty early in this draft. I think Jones is the only D-man I would take over him in this draft.
I would bet 20 bucks we draft before twenty. Late teens probably.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:12 AM
  #422
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
I would bet 20 bucks we draft before twenty. Late teens probably.
I wouldn't be surprised. I was just trying to be optimistic.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:15 AM
  #423
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised. I was just trying to be optimistic.
Fair enough, I can respect it.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:24 AM
  #424
StandingCow
Registered User
 
StandingCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,537
vCash: 50
Sam and Tim reported via twitter that "Flyers have had NO discussions about making an offer to Subban" and "Flyers still not asking about Subban. Sams as past fall."

I am wondering if they are saying they wouldn't offer sheet him (which we know the Habs would match), or they are not even talking trade?

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:43 AM
  #425
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
All I know is Benn just got scooped up off waivers from underneath me in my fantasy league and I need points. I'm about to set up a google alert with "Subban" and "signed" so my phone wakes me up the second this guy's worth picking up.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.