HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

Game 3: Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks - Home Opener!!! - 7 PM PST

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2013, 12:17 AM
  #701
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 10,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVDucks238 View Post
I don't think Bonino should lose is spot, but Holland should get a chance to play with some talent, rather than Beleskey and the ghost that is DSP.


BTW don't crucify me, but IMO Selanne has been absolutely dreadful at even strength. Even more so than Bobby and Bonino. Constantly weak on the puck and turning it over.


The reffing was TERRIBLE, but it's not what cost us this game. We were pretty good the first couple periods at ES. Just clean up the PK and I think they'll do fine tomorrow.
Prepare to get crucified. I said this last year and got my ass pounded here.

I agree though. Selanne has to have players that can feed him in space and play along the boards. It was not a overly effective line last year but I thought Selanne was best at ES with Cogs and Koivu. I was hoping Murray would make that the 3rd line this year when offseason began.

Can't really complain about our current 3rd line though.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:18 AM
  #702
mighty all the way
Registered User
 
mighty all the way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 1,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
DSP has fallen victim to the sophmore jinx bro's, he tasted success and thought his spot was guaranteed, not as hungry, probably didn't train as hard, acted as if he didn't belong in Norfolk. he needs some humble pie, send him down to send a message
He sucked last training camp too and knew he had a spot because he was physically ready and had nothing else to prove. He's Penner basically, doesn't care or try his hardest.

mighty all the way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:18 AM
  #703
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Rakell looked pretty decent with DSP being worthless. Maybe that is more a statement of Rakell though.

I do agree with your point though, and it is important to remember it was one game(and an ugly one at that).
No one should be writing off Holland, but no one should be penciling him on to our second line with the linemates excuse. It's not like he had wingers fanning on chances he created all night or anything.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:18 AM
  #704
Getz2perry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
I don't want him fighting and breaking a finger, or worst a hand. It's not his role to fight and were only 3 games in. If he goes down were fd. That was a dumb move and I'm standing by it.
I dont think he punches hard enough to break his hand personally

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:18 AM
  #705
SupermanPahlsson
@DucksProspects
 
SupermanPahlsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender66 View Post
Stop reading those troll threads on the main board. Just wasting your time posting in those threads.

I'm 50/50 on Bonino. I don't think he is glaringly bad, but I think his shortcomings are being magnifyed by Bobby not giving a ****. Bobby needs to understand Teemu and Bonino are not the playmakers on that line, he's got to take some initiative and do the heavy lifting. Doesn't help that Bonino sucks at faceoffs. That part is pretty inexcusable for a #2 C.

How is Holland in the faceoff dept?
Agreed on Bobby. I've soured a bit on him with his putrid start. First he states last year that he thinks he can be the "man" on his own line, and without Getzlaf and Perry. Well, he needs to prove that.

SupermanPahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:19 AM
  #706
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
DSP has fallen victim to the sophmore jinx bro's, he tasted success and thought his spot was guaranteed, not as hungry, probably didn't train as hard, acted as if he didn't belong in Norfolk. he needs some humble pie, send him down to send a message
I think you have to have a good first year to qualify for a sophomore jinx don't you? His first yer was marginally decent for a bottom 6 guy. He did show some improvement towards the end of the season. But man, if he thought he already had it made he was sadly mistaken.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:19 AM
  #707
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 10,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Bobby hasn't even come that close to scoring in 3 games. This is seriously ridicuous that a guy that talented looks this bad. I know he's streaky, but..........
Bobby has been no worse (and no better tho) than the other two. It's a badly built line.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:19 AM
  #708
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,170
vCash: 500
Holland 4 of 9 in FO

Kalvinators is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:20 AM
  #709
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
No one should be writing off Holland, but no one should be penciling him on to our second line with the linemates excuse. It's not like he had wingers fanning on chances he created all night or anything.
No one is penciling him in. Most of us just want one of Rakell or Holland to get a look on the second line since Bonino is not an NHl 2C.

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:21 AM
  #710
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White
 
Spicy Porkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: He is risen!
Posts: 8,241
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingV View Post
I thought we played well before the officiating became the story. We looked very dangerous, especially the full power play.

I would like Allen to stay stapled to the blue line and play a bit smarter. The interference penalty was a bit on the stupid side and he also creamed Hiller with a Vancouver player.
That interference penalty came from a great instinct IMO, it was just executed a hair too late. But I like his dedication to holding the blue line.

More silver lining: Getz was 63% on the dot tonight. I wonder if he's turned a corner on his faceoffs?

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:21 AM
  #711
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Bobby has been no worse (and no better tho) than the other two. It's a badly built line.
Have to agree. It's up to Murray and BB to recognize this sooner rather than later

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:21 AM
  #712
SupermanPahlsson
@DucksProspects
 
SupermanPahlsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
I think you have to have a good first year to qualify for a sophomore jinx don't you? His first yer was marginally decent for a bottom 6 guy. He did show some improvement towards the end of the season. But man, if he thought he already had it made he was sadly mistaken.
He didn't thrill me too much last year. Maybe it was the fact that he was a bright spot in an otherwise dismal lineup. Good bottom-sixer, but far from proven. Not really sure where people were getting that from either.

SupermanPahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:22 AM
  #713
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
I don't want him fighting and breaking a finger, or worst a hand. It's not his role to fight and were only 3 games in. If he goes down were fd. That was a dumb move and I'm standing by it.
He`ve done it before a lot.

I rather have a team where players aren`t princesses and can do the hard work. Ok, exept Selanne, but there are obvious reasons. How often does players breake finfers in fights, really?

Kalvinators is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:22 AM
  #714
OCSportsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
He did not play quite well. He was decent, at best. He still hasn't shown ANY ability to be a second line center, at all. Not even close.
What exactly do you expect from him, or what is he not doing that you think he should.

1) He is an assist center - Tonight he gave both Ryan and Selanne some good passes that they failed to convert
2) His game is puck control - In other words, out work the defense and look for the sharpshooters. Watch him tonight, that is what he did, especially behind their net.

3) Be defensively responsible with two offensive wingers. Hard to gauge tonight.

He is not a flashy player and is never going to be Ryan Kesler, but his wings need to play better. Ryan is missing right now.

OCSportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:23 AM
  #715
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
No one is penciling him in. Most of us just want one of Rakell or Holland to get a look on the second line since Bonino is not an NHl 2C.
They have to at least provide a reason to get that opportunity. Koivu is the only center that has shown that he should get a look there at this point.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:23 AM
  #716
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 10,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender66 View Post
Stop reading those troll threads on the main board. Just wasting your time posting in those threads.

I'm 50/50 on Bonino. I don't think he is glaringly bad, but I think his shortcomings are being magnifyed by Bobby not giving a ****. Bobby needs to understand Teemu and Bonino are not the playmakers on that line, he's got to take some initiative and do the heavy lifting. Doesn't help that Bonino sucks at faceoffs. That part is pretty inexcusable for a #2 C.

How is Holland in the faceoff dept?
Agreed. Do yourselves a favor and either stick to here to let your frustrations out for the night. Or simply avoid primary media sites and other teams/main boards.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:27 AM
  #717
DuckJet
#KESBAE
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 36,254
vCash: 69
I don't get the vehement defense of Bonino.

Does he belong in the nhl? Yes. Is he a good piece on our roster? Yes. Does he have the potential to be better than this? Absolutely. Does he belong on a second line? No. Hell no. You can make excuses all you want but I'd take Morrison or Weight when they were with us on that second line over Bonino.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:27 AM
  #718
mighty all the way
Registered User
 
mighty all the way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 1,493
vCash: 500
When we win and make critiques its "too early in the season, they need a chance to gel" now its "get bonino the ***** out of there, he sucks" hahahahaha.

mighty all the way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:29 AM
  #719
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCSportsfan View Post
What exactly do you expect from him, or what is he not doing that you think he should.

1) He is an assist center - Tonight he gave both Ryan and Selanne some good passes that they failed to convert
2) His game is puck control - In other words, out work the defense and look for the sharpshooters. Watch him tonight, that is what he did, especially behind their net.

3) Be defensively responsible with two offensive wingers. Hard to gauge tonight.

He is not a flashy player and is never going to be Ryan Kesler, but his wings need to play better. Ryan is missing right now.
If his game is puck control, then how come he is so soft on the puck? He loses a lot of battles because he's soft on his stick. He's not strong enough to use his body to win puck battles either. He could learn something from Koivu - Bonino is floating around - Koivu is even smaller than Bonino, but the difference is, he actually hustles to the puck with tenacity. I will agree, Selanne and Ryan have been bad, but they need a better offensive center than Bonino.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
They have to at least provide a reason to get that opportunity. Koivu is the only center that has shown that he should get a look there at this point.
I agree, but I'm sticking to reality. I HIGHLY doubt BB is going to break up our amazing 3rd line. Bonino has gotten a damn good chance, and he's done nothing really good with his chance. So I mean it's either we continue to roll out a guy that we know isn't the answer (Bonino). Or we could at least try and see what Rakell/Holland bring to that line. I think I'd take the second option there...

Again, I agree, Koivu is hands down the second best center on the team.

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:30 AM
  #720
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 10,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
I don't get the vehement defense of Bonino.

Does he belong in the nhl? Yes. Is he a good piece on our roster? Yes. Does he have the potential to be better than this? Absolutely. Does he belong on a second line? No. You can make excuses all you want but I'd take Morrison or Weight when they were with us on that second line over Bonino.
Agreed but the Bonino and Weight comment is overboard. Bones is better then them. I just don't bones as a good line mate for Selanne. Teemu needs to play with quicker players. Unless Bones sets him up perfectly in space, they don't have much else together.

There's a reason a Ryan-Bonino-DSP line worked better than the current 2nd line.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:32 AM
  #721
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 10,060
vCash: 500
Bonino's issue isn't hustle, it's his physical limitations. He's not near as quick as Koivu and IMO the two are very different players.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:33 AM
  #722
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
I don't get the vehement defense of Bonino.

Does he belong in the nhl? Yes. Is he a good piece on our roster? Yes. Does he have the potential to be better than this? Absolutely. Does he belong on a second line? No. You can make excuses all you want but I'd take Morrison or Weight when they were with us on that second line over Bonino.
Morrison and Weight were crap in ANA. But they aren't here now so I don't see how they relate to evaluating Bonino now.

The problem is we don't have a proven 2C unless you count Saku. Anybody we put there is either going to grow into the job or not. But nobody will be transformed overnight. And unless you blame Bonino for Ryan and Teemu looking lost out there I think we need to point to the veterans first. Don't we expect more from vets than semi-rookies?

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:33 AM
  #723
SupermanPahlsson
@DucksProspects
 
SupermanPahlsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
If his game is puck control, then how come he is so soft on the puck? He loses a lot of battles because he's soft on his stick. He's not strong enough to use his body to win puck battles either. He could learn something from Koivu - Bonino is floating around - Koivu is even smaller than Bonino, but the difference is, he actually hustles to the puck with tenacity. I will agree, Selanne and Ryan have been bad, but they need a better offensive center than Bonino.



I agree, but I'm sticking to reality. I HIGHLY doubt BB is going to break up our amazing 3rd line. Bonino has gotten a damn good chance, and he's done nothing really good with his chance. So I mean it's either we continue to roll out a guy that we know isn't the answer (Bonino). Or we could at least try and see what Rakell/Holland bring to that line. I think I'd take the second option there...

Again, I agree, Koivu is hands down the second best center on the team.
I think breaking up the third line does more good than harm. Against a team like Nashville, who doesn't have an elite front-three, you don't need to play matchups as often. Splitting up Koivu-Cogs-Winnik let's Selanne play with a speedy winger (Cogs) and a proven center (Koivu). Winnik can slide onto Bonino/Ryan's line (unlikely) or he can flank Getzlaf and Perry, allowing the coaches the opportunity to put someone with past chemistry (Palmieri) with Bonino/Ryan, or Holland/Ryan. There's so many more options if you split up the third line.

SupermanPahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:33 AM
  #724
DuckJet
#KESBAE
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 36,254
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Agreed but the Bonino and Weight comment is overboard. Bones is better then them. I just don't bones as a good line mate for Selanne. Teemu needs to play with quicker players. Unless Bones sets him up perfectly in space, they don't have much else together.

There's a reason a Ryan-Bonino-DSP line worked better than the current 2nd line.
Look I know Bonino can be better than this. I remember how he was last year. This is a step down. It's not just a question of chemistry. He's not jumping into passing lanes. He fumbles the puck a lot. He isn't keeping his head up to make passing plays. He isn't driving the net...he isn't doing a whole lot of anything right now. I don't understand the people who think he actually looked solid tonight. Did Holland do any better? Not at all. But DSP had his head up his *** all night and Beleskey was focused on the physicality. He wasn't flanked by two big goal scorers.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:34 AM
  #725
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 16,717
vCash: 500
it's amazing after 5 years we still can't replace andy mac

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.