Old
01-24-2013, 01:18 PM
lopey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post

I love it. A Kessel & a Full Kessel.

That's awesome!!
Or when each of them score a goal in the same game a Natural Kessel!

lopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:25 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
Earning your ice time.

Definition: Dougie Hamilton
Synonyms: Dougie Hamilton
Antonyms: Not Dougie Hamilton

Dellstrom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:43 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponomega View Post
According to NHL.com Lidstrom played 55:13 in the first game of the season in the 97-98 game. A non overtime game as well. Most of his games were under 30 minutes though.

Ray Bourque routinely played 30-40 minutes every game that season.
Bourque played over 30 minutes,33 times that season with a high of 39:20 and a stretch of 9 straight games over 30 at one point.

BNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:01 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post

I love it. A Kessel & a Full Kessel.

That's awesome!!

I can't wait to see a Full Kessel at a game in Maple Leaf Gardens.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:31 PM
Quaider*
RONDO BABY!

For some reason I was expecting a Kyle Mclaren clone which may be because of his size and build. While he may not be the ferocious physical player Mclaren was, this kid has a lot more tools in the box than Mclaren had. Looks like the real deal to me.

Quaider* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:07 PM
gillesgilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Sanguine View Post
The most impressive thing about Hamilton so far (especially last night) is how great a D partner he is. Quite honestly, in the OHL/WJC games that I've seen him play, I just never saw that. I saw a kid with immense physical talent, great size, and all the physical tools...but I never saw him as just a great D partner. And it's not just playing with Chara either (although that helps), he reads and reacts so well off of whoever he's been paired with so far.

I wasn't totally sold on Hamilton as an all around defenseman before these three games. I thought he'd be a 2nd pairing guy that anchors a Power Play, puts up 40+ points/year because of that, but never really makes the jump to elite two way guy. His offensive play, skating, etc. is exactly as advertised and no surprise. But his defensive awareness and two way game is leaps and bounds ahead of what I thought it was. He's decent in his own end (he's still a kid playing with elite men), he picks his spots well to jump in the rush, and his angles and positioning are really solid.

With all that being said, the realist in me says that he's going to have some stinkers yet to come. He's going to get caught up ice on a bad jump, he's going to outmuscled in the corner, etc. It's going to happen. But based on where he's at today as a player, I think 48 games is more than enough for him to be a factor come playoffs. I don't think he needs to be sheltered as much as I thought coming into the year.
Great post and I agree.However,I think his inevitable mistakes will be outweighed by his overall solid play.In comparison, Corvo had virtually nothing to offer and his mistakes were very costly.

gillesgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:11 PM
gillesgilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushhawg View Post
For some reason I was expecting a Kyle Mclaren clone which may be because of his size and build. While he may not be the ferocious physical player Mclaren was, this kid has a lot more tools in the box than Mclaren had. Looks like the real deal to me.
I was thinking the same thing.I never liked McLaren,he was a decent skater but not very good with the puck.I think right now Hamilton is better than Mclaren ever was.

gillesgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:11 PM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Not much to add except that his patience, vision, and aggression have impressed me. A lot.

Jack Donaghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:16 PM
Lobster57

vCash: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesgilbert View Post
I was thinking the same thing.I never liked McLaren,he was a decent skater but not very good with the puck.I think right now Hamilton is better than Mclaren ever was.
It would be awesome if Dougie had a bit of the mean streak that McLaren had. But I'm pretty happy with what he already is

Lobster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:05 AM
bruins04

Dougie and Seguin have so much potential, it'll be great watching them develop. But i must say, i'm proud of all the 2nd round steals we have (Bergy, Krejci, Looch, marchy 3rd round, potentially knight, potentially spooner, potentially koko, even later picks like grzelcyk and seth griffin also flourishing where they are).

our team for the last couple years has been largely offense by committee and drafting well beyond the first round has really helped assemble a young core. if Dougie and Seguin can be true all stars (Bergy deserved to go last year over Siggy, we all know it.)

bruins04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:43 AM
j44thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster57 View Post
It would be awesome if Dougie had a bit of the mean streak that McLaren had. But I'm pretty happy with what he already is
He has said in interviews that one of the biggest differences he sees from Juniors to NHL is how much more physical stuff you can get away with in front of the net and in general. Perhaps the mean streak is there but he has held it back.

Lets also not forget that he is a 19YO kid who while strong has another 3-5 yrs before he can really fill out a 6'5" frame.

Assuming he stays healthy he could be a beast in another 3+ years. You can't teach his height, speed or instincts.

j44thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:30 PM
theironshiek

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSC View Post
a Full Kessel.
oh man that is great

theironshiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 04:06 PM
Quaider*
RONDO BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j44thor View Post
He has said in interviews that one of the biggest differences he sees from Juniors to NHL is how much more physical stuff you can get away with in front of the net and in general. Perhaps the mean streak is there but he has held it back.

Lets also not forget that he is a 19YO kid who while strong has another 3-5 yrs before he can really fill out a 6'5" frame.

Assuming he stays healthy he could be a beast in another 3+ years. You can't teach his height, speed or instincts.
Good point on the frame filling. This kid could well top out at 240 lbs of muscle. A guy tha size who also has a little finesse to his game is a very valuable asset.

Quaider* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 04:10 PM
b in vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesgilbert View Post
I think you're forgetting the Zednik hit.

b in vancouver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:02 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushhawg View Post
More like Kluzak to me if you remove the fighting.

Edit: Really hope that he is still not like Kluzak though.

Last edited by Rookie Chargers: 01-25-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:37 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Chargers View Post
More like Kluzak to me if you remove the fighting.

Edit: Really hope that he is still not like Kluzak though.
i'm still staying with the Glen Wesley comparison.

Pie O My is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:46 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
i'm still staying with the Glen Wesley comparison.
Physically he's a Jay Bouwmeester/Brent Burns type. Hopefully he becomes what Bouwmeester was supposed to become. Even Bouwmeester had had a good career but lost his offense in Calgary.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:02 AM
3rdMangHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Physically he's a Jay Bouwmeester/Brent Burns type. Hopefully he becomes what Bouwmeester was supposed to become. Even Bouwmeester had had a good career but lost his offense in Calgary.
Dougie will engage physically way more than Bouwmeester and is a better skater than Burns. If Dougie can put it all together, the potential is off the charts.

I hate the comparisons to current and former players, not that he's better than anyone, but he's his own player, and I think he has a phenominal career ahead, and I feel lucky to see it unfold.

3rdMangHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:05 AM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
i meant in terms of his poise and maturity and hockey savvy for someone so young, not his physical attributes. Wesley played like he was a 2 or 3 year vet right out of the chute, and so has this kid.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:06 AM
TheSeguinEra2010*

THe next link in the great lineage of Bruins defensemen

TheSeguinEra2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:17 AM
chizzler

Let's just enjoy this for now and not try to anoit him. He's doing good for now until the league gets the book on him. I too have pleasantly surprised. But..... He is a rookie and rookies will struggle.

chizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:21 AM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzler View Post
Let's just enjoy this for now and not try to anoit him. He's doing good for now until the league gets the book on him. I too have pleasantly surprised. But..... He is a rookie and rookies will struggle.
so what? how does a a few hiccups, speedbumps, and boneheaded plays which everyone makes effect your overall analysis of whether this kid has game or not?

As far as enjoying the here and now, remember, half the fun of living in the moment is because that moment feels like it will last forever.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:19 AM
topcat986*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
so what? how does a a few hiccups, speedbumps, and boneheaded plays which everyone makes effect your overall analysis of whether this kid has game or not?

As far as enjoying the here and now, remember, half the fun of living in the moment is because that moment feels like it will last forever.
"Leaf" fans say he is over rated and poor skater, funny how hockey Canada had him going head to head line 1 versus other teams top lines. Leaf fans want my respect? Be honest and t6ell the truth, last time I witnessed this kind of Bias was when Leaf fans spoke down on Drew Doughty.

topcat986* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:20 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

It's official my man crush went from Seguin to Hamilton

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:08 AM
ODAAT

The kid is off to a great start, it`s dangerous for me if I come to now "expect" things from him and not allow him to have shifts/games where his age is a touch more obvious than on other nights.

With the teammates he gets to play with, their experience and quiet yet solid play, and the coaching/system this team uses, even during those times when it appears he`s levelled out a bit, he`ll bounce back quicker than if in another system IMO

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote