HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chris Tanev

Old
01-26-2013, 01:33 AM
13elieve

vCash: 500
Chris Tanev

He is a rapidly developing Dman. He rarely, and I mean rarely, makes a mistake. He is so steady with the puck and has only taken one penalty in his entire career. He is obviously worth a lot to the Canucks but what about the rest of the league? So far he has been the Canucks' 2nd best defenceman after edler.

13elieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:43 AM
MAK19

Would love him on the Sens. Would be exactly what they need right now. Would look very nice next to Wiercioch.

How about Zack Smith? I probably wouldn't do it but I think it's fair.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:45 AM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
I'm not going to barge in and say it would take overpayment, like
<insert crazy overpayment here>, but that's what it would take. I doubt we'd accept any offer that a team would resonably offer, that said, if the point is simply to gauge his worth to other teams, that's fine.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:57 AM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Would love him on the Sens. Would be exactly what they need right now. Would look very nice next to Wiercioch.

How about Zack Smith? I probably wouldn't do it but I think it's fair.
Value is pretty good but the Canucks have no depth on the right side and cannot afford to move Tanev.

Don't see any scenario in which Tanev is dealt.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:58 AM
pahlsson

no way we even entertain the thought of moving him, he's cheap, young, and playing better than some of the sadsack 4+mil dmen we have

pahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:01 AM
CanucksSayEh

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

CanucksSayEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:21 AM
Wizeman*

If I had to put a trade value on Tanev it would be a 10 to 15th overall pick in this deep draft.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:28 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Tanev won't be available in a trade, meaning that the price you'd have to pay for him wouldn't be worth getting him.

He's a perfect fit for the Canucks - lineup, position, role and contract all combined. On an expensive primarily left-handed defense, he's a cheap right-handed player. Perfectly suited for his role as well.

Can't see the Canucks moving him... at least in deal that's less than a massive overpayment.

NFITO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:54 AM
Scottrockztheworld*

NOOOOPE!

We have a need for a cheap, young RH dman & thats what Tanev is.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:11 AM
ProstheticConscience
Dystemper

Right now, he's our 2nd best defensive dman besides Ballard.

Scary, I know.

Not for sale, thanks.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:15 AM
Steve Bennett*

I would trade Tanev for someone like Vanek. Or even Toews and/or Kane but I'd hate to see him playing for the hawks...

Steve Bennett* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:19 AM
mstad101

Unless a better and more established Dman who is a right hand shot and just as inexpensive as Tanev is coming back I just don't see why Vancouver even entertains any deal involving Tanev.

No Franson does not fit this bill for any Leaf fan who wanders in here.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:08 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 182
anyone who ever says the oilers over value any of their players will be amused by this thread. Sorry--Saying you would get Vanek or Toews for Tanev is being too much homer on this board

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:11 AM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
anyone who ever says the oilers over value any of their players will be amused by this thread. Sorry--Saying you would get Vanek or Toews for Tanev is being too much homer on this board
Might want to re-read his post.
He's saying he would accept a trade of Vanek for Tanev if it was offered, he's not saying it would happen.

But yeah, Tanev is a guy that Canucks have zero reason to move.
No interest in a draft pick or prospect for him since we're trying to win now, and Tanev is still pretty young.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:13 AM
TheBleedingEdge

Quote:
You actually fell for that? Seriously?

TheBleedingEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:40 AM
Devilspuppet666

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingEdge View Post
You actually fell for that? Seriously?
my buddy thinks tanev is better than Pietrangelo.... but hes funny so i keep him as a friend lol

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:52 AM
TheBleedingEdge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilspuppet666 View Post
my buddy thinks tanev is better than Pietrangelo.... but hes funny so i keep him as a friend lol
As good as Pietrangelo, thats funny, better then Pietrangelo? Thats just sad LOL.

Tanev is a good young developing player on a cheap contract with a RH shot. He has alot of good attributes like his ability to stay calm underpressure.

I dont see the Canucks parting with this kid for a while, he is exactly what is needed right now.

As for K Conn...

TheBleedingEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:32 AM
AlexandreBurrows

I wouldn't wan to trade him because I wanna see him reach his potential, which seems higher and higher all the time.

AlexandreBurrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:52 AM
GoTeamDom

OK I'll bite.

We would be asking for an equivalent forward, someone on a rookie deal who is playing top-6 mins or 3rd line centre.

Really, there is no reason for the Canucks to deal him though, so I'd have to say it would take Silfverberg for them to make a move.

GoTeamDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:38 AM
Linters*

No reason to deal Tanev unless it is an obscene overpayment from the other team, he fills an organizational need in being a right handed defence man, and quite honestly he reminds me a lot of Edler when he entered the league, a quite defence man that does his job without being noticed. His weakest attribute which is his shot has vastly improved as he worked on it over the summer which shows he's willing to find and fix his faults. I see him developing into a Dan Hamhuis type defence man so there is no way I'd ever want to see him traded.

Linters* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:48 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett View Post
I would trade Tanev for someone like Vanek. Or even Toews and/or Kane but I'd hate to see him playing for the hawks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Might want to re-read his post.
He's saying he would accept a trade of Vanek for Tanev if it was offered, he's not saying it would happen.

But yeah, Tanev is a guy that Canucks have zero reason to move.
No interest in a draft pick or prospect for him since we're trying to win now, and Tanev is still pretty young.
suggesting that would be the price is silly in itself. So yes, I re-read the post and while he says he doubts it would happen--that would be his asking price. Based upon why?

It is like oiler fans saying that MPS gets you Steven Stamkos or Giroux of the flyers

Tanev and Ballard are the 5-6 d-combo on the nucks based upon average minutes played this season so far (and last)

Canucks should be 4-0 to start the season

2 games against the Ducks
1 against the lowly oilers and flames

It is not like the Canucks have played any good teams yet or against players that would push the D pretty far--With LA and SJ on back to back nights that will be the first challange for the pairing this year

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:20 AM
Skead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13elieve View Post
He is a rapidly developing Dman. He rarely, and I mean rarely, makes a mistake. He is so steady with the puck and has only taken one penalty in his entire career. He is obviously worth a lot to the Canucks but what about the rest of the league? So far he has been the Canucks' 2nd best defenceman after edler.
Let's be honest here; the guy playing beside Edler that allows him to play his offensive style is 2nd up (Garrison). And for quality of competition Hamhuis / Bieksa play against better skilled players.

That being said; Tanev / Ballard looks extremely solid and wouldn't split it up now.

Skead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:29 AM
ShouldveDraftedFiala

I'd trade him for Dougie Hamilton, but it would take another bizarre Hodgson/Kassian scenario for that to ever happen.

It's great to see players develop within the system, so I hope he doesn't go anywhere.

ShouldveDraftedFiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
No they shouldn't. The best team in the NHL is only a marginal favourite over a middle of the road club.

The Canucks should be 2-1-1. And they are.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:28 PM
vadim sharifijanov
Rrbata

Quote:
suggesting that would be the price is silly in itself. So yes, I re-read the post and while he says he doubts it would happen--that would be his asking price. Based upon why?

It is like oiler fans saying that MPS gets you Steven Stamkos or Giroux of the flyers

Tanev and Ballard are the 5-6 d-combo on the nucks based upon average minutes played this season so far (and last)

2 games against the Ducks
1 against the lowly oilers and flames

It is not like the Canucks have played any good teams yet or against players that would push the D pretty far--With LA and SJ on back to back nights that will be the first challange for the pairing this year
you might want to take a look at his post history before taking him seriously at all.

let's just say he's baited a lot of "yous" into responding to what is clearly intentional nonsense.

vadim sharifijanov is offline   Reply With Quote