HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - 7.0 - Great with computers

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 01:32 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
You know that your reasoning is becoming rediculous by the minute. If signing Prust and Bouillon caused cap space problem then he is not a good GM at all.
I'm surprised you havent blamed MB for keeping Galchenyuk yet, his cap hit off the books would give enough for MB to sign Subban at 5 Mil...

Old
01-26-2013, 01:34 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
There's already not much risk. He's already an above average defensman, so at the minimum he's worth more than say Gorges. The only way his own case doesn't improve in two year is if he regresses, a possibility that is going to hurt either way. And I don't see why that would happen, the man has only gotten better every year since going pro.

Prust has been great so far..but he's clearly a role player that puts you over the edge. You don't build from Prust up. If I was Subban I'd be pissed too, being Bergevin's last priority.
he has TWO seasons in the league, he improved in his 2nd year, good on him.

oh! the drama!

Old
01-26-2013, 01:36 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
team is doing fine, even though it's only 3 games, both players bring enough to the team to warrant their salary.
It's all about priority. It seemed to me that MB get his priority all mixed up. If we have PK, there is no need for Bouillon. If he can afford Prust then fine, but if can not then Blunden is available. It is just crazy that you focus on signing Prust and Bouillon while leaving one of your best young defenseman without a contract.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:37 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
It's all about priority. It seemed to me that MB get his priority all mixed up. If we have PK, there is no need for Bouillon. If he can afford Prust then fine, but if can not then Blunden is available. It is just crazy that you focus on signing Prust and Bouillon while leaving one of your best young defenseman without a contract.
considering your priority seems to be Subban first, not surprised you think that.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:38 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
I'm surprised you havent blamed MB for keeping Galchenyuk yet, his cap hit off the books would give enough for MB to sign Subban at 5 Mil...
Galchenyuk will return to his junior team after 5 games. You want to make a bet?

Old
01-26-2013, 01:39 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Galchenyuk will return to his junior team after 5 games. You want to make a bet?
good, no need to whine abour Prust and Bouillon salary then

Old
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
good, no need to whine about Prust and Bouillon salary then
edit: typo

Old
JustAHabFan

Quote:
good, no need to whine abour Prust and Bouillon salary then
No need to discuss further.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:41 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
No need to discuss further.
free space : around 2.5
Galchenuyk cap hit : around 3 mil

once Galchenuyk is gone, we'll have 5.5 Mil in free cap space...

that is, with both Bouillon and Prust on the Habs.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:43 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab View Post
I really dont understand why Subban cant sign short term deal? Some day guy will be filthy rich, play damn hockey with out soap opera!
This. And is getting paid say 3.5 mill or whatever we have room for for a couple years really that big a hardship? Really?

I can totally see why he wants the big contract but I just don't like how he's gone about it and the idea that a bridge contract is such a grave injustice to him such BS. I'm not even someone who b#tches about athletes getting paid big money. Don't care at all but that doesn't mean I have to like how PK has treated this situation.

Just keep up the good play and you'll get even more money. It's this whole NOW NOW NOW thing which bugs me.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:44 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
free space : around 2.5
Galchenuyk cap hit : around 3 mil

once Galchenuyk is gone, we'll have 5.5 Mil in free cap space...

that is, with both Bouillon and Prust on the Habs.
Galch probably doesn't get any of his bonuses but the signing bonus this year. Makes his real caphit 1.02 M.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:44 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
This. And is getting paid say 3.5 mill or whatever we have room for for a couple years really that big a hardship? Really?
It's always a hardship to make less than your equals and your inferiors no matter where you are.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:45 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:

I can totally see why he wants the big contract but I just don't like how he's gone about it and the idea that a bridge contract is such a grave injustice to him such BS. I'm not even someone who b#tches about athletes getting paid big money. Don't care at all but that doesn't mean I have to like how PK has treated this situation.

Just keep up the good play and you'll get even more money. It's this whole NOW NOW NOW thing which bugs me.
especially since those two years will be in fact, a year and a half.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:46 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
It's always a hardship to make less than your equals and your inferiors no matter where you are.
more than not making any money at all I guess.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:49 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Galch probably doesn't get any of his bonuses but the signing bonus this year. Makes his real caphit 1.02 M.
didnt check really, went from memory, but still, 2.5 + 1, 3.5... that would be his annual salary for a year and a half.

not that bad I think.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:51 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:

Why a bridge contract is OK but asking for long term contract is not? If MB has forced PK to sign a bridge contract say 3M for 2 years. What prevent MB from asking PK to sign a small deal when the bridge contract has expired? Other team around the league has locked up their young players with long term contract. Why MB wants his young player to sign bridge contract?

Old
01-26-2013, 01:53 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Why a bridge contract is OK but asking for long term contract is not? If MB has forced PK to sign a bridge contract say 3M for 2 years. What prevent MB from asking PK to sign a small deal when the bridge contract has expired? Other team around the league has locked up their young players with long term contract. Why MB wants his young player to sign bridge contract?
dont remember Max and Carey being lowballed once their bridge contract was over.

Besides, if like you, Subban has no faith at all in MB, he might be better to request a trade then.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:57 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
dont remember Max and Carey being lowballed once their bridge contract was over.

Besides, if like you, Subban has no faith at all in MB, he might be better to request a trade then.
This is what I think may happen. PK now has only two choices: accept what is offered or asking for a trade. If he could not trust MB, he will ask for the trade. We will soon find out about his decision after the weekend.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:03 AM
Habskrieg

Can't Bergevin ask for arbitration?
Putting aside what the reactions and consequences would be. Just to know if he can or not.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:11 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
Can't Bergevin ask for arbitration?
Putting aside what the reactions and consequences would be. Just to know if he can or not.
I think MB can ask for arbitration anytime he wants but he will be binded by the decision. If he walks away from the salary decision, PK will become UFA.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:13 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
I think MB can ask for arbitration anytime he wants but he will be binded by the decision. If he walks away from the salary decision, PK will become UFA.
usually tey have specific time during summer for arbitration, but with the lockout, dont know what they've decided for this season.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:14 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
usually they have specific time during summer for arbitration, but with the lockout, dont know what they've decided for this season.
edit: typo

Old
01-26-2013, 02:15 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I wouldn't qualify that as 'hardship'. There are tons of players playing for less than their worth. They seem to be doing just fine.

He'll still undoubtedly get big money. Just not right now. Like tripling your six figure salary is a real bum wrap. Just be patient while we get rid of these big contracts. Then you can have your big contract. He'll help the team out plus come out with more money at the end. Win/Win if you ask me.

Like I said, I'm all about getting as much money as you can but the whole sitting out thing and appealing to the fans and giving interviews trying to win public opinion is just tacky.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:17 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
more than not making any money at all I guess.
hahaha. No kidding.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:37 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Part 7 wow haha

Closed Thread