HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Top overagers that are likely to get drafted this year 2013

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-25-2013, 05:20 PM
  #1
Caged Great
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,148
vCash: 500
Top overagers that are likely to get drafted this year 2013

Usually there are a few guys like Tanner Pearson who come out of nowhere to be worth a pick. Who do you think might be featured in this year's crop.

Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 05:22 PM
  #2
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,232
vCash: 500
Patrick Bartosak

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 05:27 PM
  #3
David Strorm
@ControlPuck
 
David Strorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 600
vCash: 500
JC Lipon

David Strorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:01 PM
  #4
Ozkani28
Registered User
 
Ozkani28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lahti
Country: Finland
Posts: 198
vCash: 400
Miro Aaltonen

Ozkani28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:02 PM
  #5
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,129
vCash: 500
Sven Andrighetto

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:17 PM
  #6
KlattNazty
Registered User
 
KlattNazty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,339
vCash: 500
justin auger

KlattNazty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:45 PM
  #7
StrongIslanders90
Registered User
 
StrongIslanders90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: StrongIsland
Country: United States
Posts: 15,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
Sven Andrighetto
he needs to be a pick.....Very talented

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:57 PM
  #8
Daneurism
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlattNazty View Post
justin auger
Can you or someone else expand a bit on this player? Just looked at his stats and his progression year to year has been pretty good...He's also really really really tall for a forward haha.

Daneurism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:24 PM
  #9
KlattNazty
Registered User
 
KlattNazty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneurism View Post
Can you or someone else expand a bit on this player? Just looked at his stats and his progression year to year has been pretty good...He's also really really really tall for a forward haha.
Slowly learnin to use his size, when he is being aggressive down low there isn't alot than can stop him. Will literally drag forwards with him to the net, and has quick enough hands to convert opportunities. Skating is coming along although will need work moving forward. Consistency issues. Cycle ability is strong.

KlattNazty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:40 PM
  #10
Eppic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 7
vCash: 500
Rockets forward Myles Bell is rated at #87 according to NHL Central Scouting. I'd take him earlier than that though. He's tough and has one heck of a shot.

http://www.kelownarockets.com/articl...record-tonight

Eppic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:48 PM
  #11
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppic View Post
Rockets forward Myles Bell is rated at #87 according to NHL Central Scouting. I'd take him earlier than that though. He's tough and has one heck of a shot.

http://www.kelownarockets.com/articl...record-tonight
Wasn't he a defenceman?

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:49 PM
  #12
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,506
vCash: 500
I'll say Viktor Arvidsson.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:11 AM
  #13
Money Baer
Unsustainable
 
Money Baer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Westeros
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,739
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Wasn't he a defenceman?
Yes, he was. Converted to wing.

Really lacks hockey sense though. He is big, strong, and has a hard shot, but makes dumb plays often. (Before I get accused, I've watched him play MANY games over the years).

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:02 AM
  #14
BarDownBobo
Registered User
 
BarDownBobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Yak City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,968
vCash: 500
Anton Slepyshev. Can't believe he wasn't picked last year.

BarDownBobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:12 AM
  #15
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
Anton Slepyshev. Can't believe he wasn't picked last year.
I am willing to bet Yzerman's crew gets him, their team has a russian feel to it.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:46 AM
  #16
DuckJet
I love Monabae
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 40,365
vCash: 69
Slepyshev was the first name that came to my mind

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:49 AM
  #17
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !
 
Vsevolod Bobrov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
Anton Slepyshev. Can't believe he wasn't picked last year.
Everybody knew about Slepyshev last year already. There has to be a reason every team passed on him.

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:57 AM
  #18
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Sven Andrighetto. Loads of talent, more exposure this season will lead to getting picked in the middle of the draft....

Be a homer? Ok I'll say Stefan Fournier deserves a look. Two points out the top 20 in Q scoring and is incredible along the boards. I've never seen a player come into the Metro center who is THAT good below the "Ringette line"/top circle if you will ... Not afraid to sit in front of the net and has a big 6'3 210-215 pound frame to him ... Cycles with the best of them and is so strong with the puck around the net .... I think he deserves a look.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:36 AM
  #19
DuckJet
I love Monabae
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 40,365
vCash: 69
w00ps. Never mind

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:45 AM
  #20
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Sven Andrighetto. Loads of talent, more exposure this season will lead to getting picked in the middle of the draft....

Be a homer? Ok I'll say Stefan Fournier deserves a look. Two points out the top 20 in Q scoring and is incredible along the boards. I've never seen a player come into the Metro center who is THAT good below the "Ringette line"/top circle if you will ... Not afraid to sit in front of the net and has a big 6'3 210-215 pound frame to him ... Cycles with the best of them and is so strong with the puck around the net .... I think he deserves a look.
He's too old to be drafted, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a few summer camp invites.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:22 AM
  #21
sabresEH
Registered User
 
sabresEH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Yes, he was. Converted to wing.

Really lacks hockey sense though. He is big, strong, and has a hard shot, but makes dumb plays often. (Before I get accused, I've watched him play MANY games over the years).
Agreed. But talented. Someone will be getting a good player with him. First round talent. 7th round smarts(maybe not that bad). Not the best combination but I'd take a chance if I believe in my development system(Detroit).

sabresEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:24 AM
  #22
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,939
vCash: 500
have to believe Slepyshev interviewed poorly. a lot of posters here had him 2nd/3rd round and then he wasn't drafted at all.

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:09 AM
  #23
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,660
vCash: 500
Roberts Lipsbergs

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:18 AM
  #24
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
He's too old to be drafted, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a few summer camp invites.
Nope. Players have 3 years to be drafted. Andrighetto has only been passed over twice. This is his last year to be drafted.

It seems he has already signed to go back to Swizterland next year with Geneve-Servette, so that might scare some teams away.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:40 AM
  #25
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Nope. Players have 3 years to be drafted. Andrighetto has only been passed over twice. This is his last year to be drafted.

It seems he has already signed to go back to Swizterland next year with Geneve-Servette, so that might scare some teams away.
I think he was talking about Fournier who's too old.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.