HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Ducks toughness thread (with updates)

Old
01-25-2013, 11:49 PM
Papaspud
upsetting the

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Well, I'm pretty unimpressed with Allen and his "toughness" so far. I think he's hit Hiller (or driven opponents into Hiller) more than any other contact he has made this year.
His "big hit" though "late" was sweet. What we need is someone that puts the fear of God into opposing forwards. Vancouver had their way with us this game, because there were no repercussions. Each and every assault against any of our players should've been met with an outright pounding of fist on skull.

Shut out 5-0!
Refs be damned, that's a disgusting finish!

Papaspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:54 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Dirk is my favorite poster after puck genius

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:54 PM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaspud View Post
His "big hit" though "late" was sweet. What we need is someone that puts the fear of God into opposing forwards. Vancouver had their way with us this game, because there were no repercussions. Each and every assault against any of our players should've been met with an outright pounding of fist on skull.

Shut out 5-0!
Yeah, it was. But it's the only one I've seen in 3 games and under the "new" enforcement guidelines, it was late. We need more of those on a regular basis and we need some of them clearing the crease in front of Hiller, not into Hiller.

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:01 AM
Dirk316

Quote:

Shut out 5-0!

Our "enforcer" Beleskey tried

Dirk316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:18 AM
Papaspud
upsetting the

Quote:
Yeah, it was. But it's the only one I've seen in 3 games and under the "new" enforcement guidelines, it was late. We need more of those on a regular basis and we need some of them clearing the crease in front of Hiller, not into Hiller.
Agreed!
Our D needs to clear the view for keeper, no matter who it is.

Papaspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:24 AM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
Agreed!
Our D needs to clear the view for keeper, no matter who it is.
Yes, I know it is only 3 games but jeez, so far it looks just like last year in front of Hiller. That's unacceptable.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:54 AM
DaDucks

Lol toughness thread finally!

Preds have been dressing
Rich Clune aka cluneATIC
McGratton has been hurt (maybe ready tomorrow?)

Bottom line is play staubitz
Give beleskey's face a break..

DaDucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:56 AM
AngelDuck

Yeah, I'm not totally against Staubitz playing over DSP tomorrow.

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:59 AM
DaDucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelduck View Post
yeah, i'm not totally against staubitz playing over dsp tomorrow.
ya we get it, you don't like
dsp

move on

Old
01-26-2013, 01:00 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
Well, I'm pretty unimpressed with Allen and his "toughness" so far. I think he's hit Hiller (or driven opponents into Hiller) more than any other contact he has made this year.
I've noticed about 4-5 pretty decent hits from him but yeah he has checked a couple of guys onto Hiller which isn't ideal.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:05 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
ya we get it, you don't like
dsp

move on
He's been invisible.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:16 AM
DaDucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
He's been invisible.
Ok Jesus he's on the 4th line... Playing with rookies and a cursed beleskey and a defense support that wets the bed when they are on the ice..(sbisa) (hendry game 1)

Taking him out of the lineup isn't going to change a damn thing.... That whole line is a non factor but since Rakell and holland are the new faces this year the attitude seems to get rid of dsp for good... I want all of our youngsters to do well especially future 3rd line future grinders that we are in such a great need for...

The flip flopping on dsp from last year to this year is embarrassing

Old
01-26-2013, 01:18 AM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
He's been invisible.
Not true. He got an assist on one of the goals tonight.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:21 AM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Ok Jesus he's on the 4th line... Playing with rookies and a cursed beleskey and a defense support that wets the bed when they are on the ice..(sbisa) (hendry game 1)

Taking him out of the lineup isn't going to change a damn thing.... That whole line is a non factor but since Rakell and holland are the new faces this year the attitude seems to get rid of dsp for good... I want all of our youngsters to do well especially future 3rd line future grinders that we are in such a great need for...

DSP's play this year is the only thing embarrassing. You're going out of your way to make excuses for an underperforming player. Laughable

Old
01-26-2013, 01:25 AM
Corey Perry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Dirk is my favorite poster after puck genius
PuckGenius

Corey Perry* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:32 AM
bumperkisser

Quote:

no.. hes been incredibly useless.. not good defensively. not good offensively.. doesn't even do what he's advertised to do which is crash bodies and wreck the opposing team's defense... instead hes kinda soft and his 3 games thus far have been terrible..
belesky knows his role, and he even took on bieksa even though he was outmatched in that one.. im not saying DSP is supposed to fight but he needs to do his role which is crash bodies and create space.. none of which hes done.. so fire him down to the minors and at least give him 15+ minutes to build some offensive ability then.

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:35 AM
DaDucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
DSP's play this year is the only thing embarrassing. You're going out of your way to make excuses for an underperforming player. Laughable
Lol really? U want my attention?

Ya I should just hop on the hate wagon and do whatever the popular thing on these boards is....

Ohh exept I'm not that guy.... You see I hyped dsp for 49 games last year and I'm not going to turn on him after 3 games with a week long mini camp for a 20 year old 2nd year player...

You can bash anyone u want thats cool.. at least mix in an independent thought every 20 posts once in awhile...

Old
01-26-2013, 01:45 AM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Lol really? U want my attention?

Ya I should just hop on the hate wagon and do whatever the popular thing on these boards is....

Ohh exept I'm not that guy.... You see I hyped dsp for 49 games last year and I'm not going to turn on him after 3 games with a week long mini camp for a 20 year old 2nd year player...

You can bash anyone u want thats cool.. at least mix in an independent thought every 20 posts once in awhile...
Let's clear things up here: Do you really think DSP should be on the 4th line?

If the answer is yes, then I think you need to watch the games more carefully. And don't give me this "It's only 3 games" ********. I watched almost every AHL game this year, and DSP was garbage there as well. He doesn't do anything good right now. Bad defense (as we saw today), not banging bodies like he's supposed to, and has he even had the puck on his stick in the offensive zone this year? Has he won any battles in the corners like he's supposed to do? I haven't seen it.

He didn't deserve the spot out of training camp, and his first 3 games have only reinforced the simple fact that he isn't an NHL player right now. I'm not a DSP "hater". I like him, and I'll root for him to succeed, but he's a negative factor on the ice right now - pretty hard for me to support him in this case. He's been gifted a spot on the Ducks two years in a row now. He needs a wake up call. He didn't deserve it last year, but addmitedly, he did a pretty decent job in a bottom 6 role. This year he didn't deserve it either, and he's been clearly exposed.

Last edited by AngelDuck: 01-26-2013 at 01:55 AM.
Old
01-26-2013, 01:48 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

I'd like to see Staubitz in tomorrow. I want here to be someone capable of making Weber pay a price for his inevitable cheap shots (not belittling him, he's just the type of nasty player a team needs) and Beleskey is not that guy.

DSP belongs in the AHL and needs to be told why. His play is horrible.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:51 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
I'd like to see Staubitz in tomorrow. I want here to be someone capable of making Weber pay a price for his inevitable cheap shots (not belittling him, he's just the type of nasty player a team needs) and Beleskey is not that guy.

DSP belongs in the AHL and needs to be told why. His play is horrible.
I agree with this. Time to give Staubitz a look, and the Preds seem like the right place to start.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:53 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Seconded. If DSP feels entitled to his spot, it's time for a wake-up call.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:58 AM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
Ryan definitely isn't doing enough in the physical department. It was something that Carlyle always talked about.

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:59 AM
DaDucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Let's clear things up here: Do you really think DSP should be on the 4th line?

If the answer is yes, then I think you need to watch the games more carefully. And don't give me this "It's only 3 games" ********. I watched almost every AHL game this year, and DSP was garbage there as well. He doesn't do anything good right now. Bad defense (as we saw today), not banging bodies like he's supposed to, and has he even had the puck on his stick in the offensive zone this year? Has he one any battles in the corners like he's supposed to do? I haven't seen it.

He didn't deserve the spot out of training camp, and his first 3 games have only reinforced the simple fact that he isn't an NHL player right now. I'm not a DSP "hater". I like him, and I'll root for him to succeed, but he's a negative factor on the ice right now - pretty hard for me to support him in this case. He's been gifted a spot on the Ducks two years in a row now. He needs a wake up call. He didn't deserve it last year, but addmitedly, he did a pretty decent job in a bottom 6 role. This year he didn't deserve it either, and he's been clearly exposed.
The guy played 49 NHL games last year and played pretty well ... He's not going to lose his spot to anyone at the bottom of the roster.. It's his to lose and right now he's losing it but the spot was his regardless of what he did in the minors this year...hence why he actually got the spot in the first place... U see as fans we can talk about who we feel should be on the roster, but its the coaching staff that really knows what's best for the team, despite your Norfolk scouting dsp was the correct start for the beginning of the year...

But you guys are a bunch of rabid dogs all over the 4th line like
It's going to cost us the season. It really seems like it's the only thing being talked about...

Old
01-26-2013, 02:04 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Maybe you're just focusing on that aspect because of DSP. There is plenty of discussion about other areas... such as the penalty kill.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:07 AM
AngelDuck

Quote:
The guy played 49 NHL games last year and played pretty well ... He's not going to lose his spot to anyone at the bottom of the roster.. It's his to lose and right now he's losing it but the spot was his regardless of what he did in the minors this year...hence why he actually got the spot in the first place... U see as fans we can talk about who we feel should be on the roster, but its the coaching staff that really knows what's best for the team, despite your Norfolk scouting dsp was the correct start for the beginning of the year...

But you guys are a bunch of rabid dogs all over the 4th line like
It's going to cost us the season. It really seems like it's the only thing being talked about...
That's exactly the point I'm arguing against. I think most people on here agree with me...He shouldn't have been given "a spot to lose." Especially after his uninspiring play in Norfolk. He should've had to win his spot like everyone else. Like I said...Two years in a row where DSP gets gifted a spot.

If DSP plays like this the rest of the year...it could very well cost us a game at some point. And a game could cost us the playoffs especially with the shortened season. You'd be surprised...The 4th line is pretty important when you're rolling 4 lines. It's not like he's been a rock defensively. He had a terrible, terrible blunder tonight. He can easily be replaced by someone better. Besides, it will probably be better for his development to play 18 minutes in the AHL every night rather than 7 minutes in the NHL every night.