HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Genious: Sami V hype train. Sing along here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2013, 02:42 AM
  #51
eenok*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 264
vCash: 500
anaheim - vancouver 0-5

vatanen needed. hope he´ll get well soon

im not trolling, just letting you guys know what i see. i think if a player plays a defensive roll it´s really important HE IS a player that does that job 100 percent and IS NOT a player type that makes misstakes, hazards.

i dont think sbisa is any good player. catastrofal for any team that lets this player take care of defense. i said last year too and i saw him destroy the teams chanches for playoff, but then again guys like you didnt see this...but then again, there arent many that understand hockey. i know what i see an im verey surprised that people dont see this clear things. i think lydman is abit questionable too...and hiller...hes not good either..

all the best.

hope vatanen is brought to the team as soon hes healthy. he should stunt BIG ICETIME and HUGE ROLE with mucho PPtime and also DEFENSIVEjob

all the best as i said

/ EENOK /IL, Finland

eenok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:49 AM
  #52
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 17,359
vCash: 500
Yeah, let's put Vatanen in goal, in defence and upfront all at once.

Everyone clap your hands, sing his name. VATAAAAAAAAAAAANEN! VATANEN!

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:52 AM
  #53
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eenok View Post
anaheim - vancouver 0-5

vatanen needed. hope he´ll get well soon

im not trolling, just letting you guys know what i see. i think if a player plays a defensive roll it´s really important HE IS a player that does that job 100 percent and IS NOT a player type that makes misstakes, hazards.
i dont think sbisa is any good player. catastrofal for any team that lets this player take care of defense. i said last year too and i saw him destroy the teams chanches for playoff, but then again guys like you didnt see this...but then again, there arent many that understand hockey. i know what i see an im verey surprised that people dont see this clear things. i think lydman is abit questionable too...and hiller...hes not good either..

all the best.

hope vatanen is brought to the team as soon hes healthy. he should stunt BIG ICETIME and HUGE ROLE with mucho PPtime and also DEFENSIVEjob

all the best as i said

/ EENOK /IL, Finland
Pretty ironic considering that you're arguing for Vatanen (One of the biggest risk takers/mistake-prone defenders on Norfolk this year)

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:59 AM
  #54
eenok*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 264
vCash: 500
vatanen 33games w 23 points first year playing, surfing the AHL some

vatanen is fast, smart, strong. yes HE IS genious all over the ice.

NHL BIG ROLE READY YES. was so last year too. and nhl ready 2 years ago.

i would be very good for anaheim organisation, in player advise,picking etc.. can i search job here?

EENOK/ IL, Finland


Last edited by eenok*: 01-26-2013 at 03:07 AM.
eenok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:04 AM
  #55
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eenok View Post
vatanen 33games w 23 points first year playing, surfing the AHL some

vatanen is fast, smart, strong. yes HE IS genious all over the ice.

NHL BIG ROLE READY YES. was so last year too. and nhl ready 2 years ago.

EENOK/ IL, Finland
Strong?

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:09 AM
  #56
heksagon
Registered User
 
heksagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Finland
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
Uh oh, I hope Vatanen doesn't end up being disliked on this board because of one poster...


Last edited by heksagon: 01-26-2013 at 05:14 AM.
heksagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 06:10 AM
  #57
eenok*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 264
vCash: 500
anaheim - vancouver 0 - 5

anaheim home team

what IS wrong?

obvious something is needed. vatanen

EENOK/IL, Finland

eenok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:03 AM
  #58
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander
 
Lord Flashheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bananaland crapital
Country: Croatia
Posts: 3,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heksagon View Post
Uh oh, I hope Vatanen doesn't end up being disliked on this board because of one poster...
Naaah, we have experience with that. There was a poster obesessed with J-F Jacques (not that JFJ is anywhere near Vatanen)...

Lord Flashheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:22 AM
  #59
Fallenity
Registered User
 
Fallenity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,200
vCash: 950
I have to give a disclaimer, that while Finnish people usually like Vatanen, not all of us are like that.

Fallenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:21 PM
  #60
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,727
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by eenok View Post
anaheim - vancouver 0 - 5

anaheim home team

what IS wrong?

obvious something is needed. vatanen

EENOK/IL, Finland
What is wrong is Anaheim took too many penalties. Vatanen doesn't help Anaheim last night.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:36 PM
  #61
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia
 
TheFlyingV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heksagon View Post
Uh oh, I hope Vatanen doesn't end up being disliked on this board because of one poster...
I'm happy that our fan base is large enough to have not one but two posters who have really out there opinions. Anaheim is the next hockey mecca

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:41 PM
  #62
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 17,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingV View Post
I'm happy that our fan base is large enough to have not one but two posters who have really out there opinions. Anaheim is the next hockey mecca
Traditional market!

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 03:24 AM
  #63
Finnpin
Registered User
 
Finnpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,944
vCash: 500
Well in Finland NHL: is Anaheim... or this season Anaheim and Minnesota

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:47 AM
  #64
Gliff
Nick Bonino
 
Gliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,906
vCash: 500
Anytime someone has to say "I aint trollin" You are best to ignore the rest.

Gliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:49 AM
  #65
Hagged
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,590
vCash: 500
I have to admit I was one of the posters who thought Vatanen could take a spot in the NHL from the get go. But watching the AHL games I have started to think Vatanen might become a Nummelin type of d-man. A star in big ice, an average AHL player. He just hasn't been able to even bring the offense in the AHL, let alone his defensive game. Sad to say, but I'm starting to lose my faith in Vatanen ever being able to become a productive NHL player. Well at least it's not like he would be the first 4th round prospect to bust.

Hagged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:01 AM
  #66
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander
 
Lord Flashheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bananaland crapital
Country: Croatia
Posts: 3,669
vCash: 500
Full time NHL player:
Dan Boyle 24y and 86 days
Brian Rafalski 26y 4d
Lubomir Visnovsky 24y 56d

Point being, writing off Sami at the young age of 21 and after half a season where he was injured twice is unwise.

Lord Flashheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:02 PM
  #67
heksagon
Registered User
 
heksagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Finland
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkine View Post
I have to admit I was one of the posters who thought Vatanen could take a spot in the NHL from the get go. But watching the AHL games I have started to think Vatanen might become a Nummelin type of d-man. A star in big ice, an average AHL player. He just hasn't been able to even bring the offense in the AHL, let alone his defensive game. Sad to say, but I'm starting to lose my faith in Vatanen ever being able to become a productive NHL player. Well at least it's not like he would be the first 4th round prospect to bust.
Honestly I don't think you can even call a 4th rounder a bust. At the moment Vatanen has more trade value than a 4th round pick, that alone is enough of a reason to not call him a bust.

I still have faith in him having a career in the NHL.


Last edited by heksagon: 01-27-2013 at 12:09 PM.
heksagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:25 PM
  #68
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,731
vCash: 500
23 points in 34 games for a defenseman. That's what Sami has done in his rookie year in the AHL at 21.

He's done fine offensively, and I'm willing to give him at least 2 more years to develop.

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 01:07 PM
  #69
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,254
vCash: 500
I can't believe where this Sami talk is headed. He comes off IR, goes straight to the AHL instead of the NHL and now some people have decided he was over rated? He might still end up being over rated but it won't be because he didn't make the team out of camp his first year in NA.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:24 PM
  #70
heksagon
Registered User
 
heksagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Finland
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
I can't believe where this Sami talk is headed. He comes off IR, goes straight to the AHL instead of the NHL and now some people have decided he was over rated? He might still end up being over rated but it won't be because he didn't make the team out of camp his first year in NA.
Yeah it's weird. And there is a decent chance he will get called up at some point this season. (in case of injuries for example)

heksagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:40 PM
  #71
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by heksagon View Post
Honestly I don't think you can even call a 4th rounder a bust. At the moment Vatanen has more trade value than a 4th round pick, that alone is enough of a reason to not call him a bust.

I still have faith in him having a career in the NHL.
I have no clue how the hell you call a 4th rounder a bust in Sami Vatanen. I agree with you. Everything after the 3rd round maybe even 2ND Round! Is up in the air talent wise.

When you draft after round 2 your looking at depth players and maybe a diamond in the rough. I think Sami exceeded our managements and fans expectations. Good for him!

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:54 PM
  #72
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,727
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkine View Post
I have to admit I was one of the posters who thought Vatanen could take a spot in the NHL from the get go. But watching the AHL games I have started to think Vatanen might become a Nummelin type of d-man. A star in big ice, an average AHL player. He just hasn't been able to even bring the offense in the AHL, let alone his defensive game. Sad to say, but I'm starting to lose my faith in Vatanen ever being able to become a productive NHL player. Well at least it's not like he would be the first 4th round prospect to bust.
I think this is going from one extreme to another. Superstar to bust. There's a middle ground for Vatanen. He just needs some more time.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 03:59 PM
  #73
gogo78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Sami count +2 and 2 PP pass last night. Maybe not dump man yet.
He is quite good backup for our PP D. So if any of them inj. It's time to call Sami up. Let him play big minutes in down and grow.

gogo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:30 PM
  #74
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White
 
Spicy Porkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: He is risen!
Posts: 8,412
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
I can't believe where this Sami talk is headed. He comes off IR, goes straight to the AHL instead of the NHL and now some people have decided he was over rated? He might still end up being over rated but it won't be because he didn't make the team out of camp his first year in NA.
Yeah, people are ****ing nutso so far this season. It's like since the season is short, everyone is cramming a full season's worth of overreacting in.

Vatanen's a rookie. He's coming along. He damn near DID make the team. That's a ****ing bust?

Spicy Porkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:40 PM
  #75
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
Yeah, people are ****ing nutso so far this season. It's like since the season is short, everyone is cramming a full season's worth of overreacting in.

Vatanen's a rookie. He's coming along. He damn near DID make the team. That's a ****ing bust?
Yeah, and now that he is back up I guess his career has been resurrected once again.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.