All Purpose Trades/UFA/Roster Discussion Thread (Happy DVM?) Part III

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2013, 10:10 PM
Exit Dose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post
Yeah, it's definitely beginning to look like that. Good on Rakell though for winning the opportunity to impress as the 2C. I personally doubted he could grab that opportunity before Holland.
Same here. I figured something like that might happen in a year or two, with Holland sliding to left wing.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:36 PM
AngelDuck

I'm pumped that Holland is going to get his chance!

Also really excited to see what Rakell could do with two great finishers (Teemu and Bobby)

Old
01-24-2013, 10:48 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 50
It'll be interesting to see Rakell there if he indeed gets the chance. Clearly the coaches think he's got the upside to play there, and I'd probably agree after watching him here and a little with Plymouth.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post

Also really excited to see what Rakell could do with two great finishers (Teemu and Bobby)
Ehh whatever I been waiting along time to see Etem get his chance guess I'm just jealous.

Old
01-25-2013, 12:28 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post

Has that even been announced yet? I for one don't think you will see any lineup change for next game. I think you'll see same exact lineup but if 2nd like struggles Bonino and Rakkel may switch spots. I don't think they bench Bonino this early though.

Old
01-25-2013, 12:38 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Has that even been announced yet? I for one don't think you will see any lineup change for next game. I think you'll see same exact lineup but if 2nd like struggles Bonino and Rakkel may switch spots. I don't think they bench Bonino this early though.
I agree - if he was going to start as the 2C he would have had all the reps in practice, not just some of them, as they'd want to be damned sure he knew what to do when Selanne and Ryan float around.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:46 AM
Corey Perry*

I really don't think we need to make many roster changes just yet, but if we were to change things up, I'm curious to know what you guys think of this possible lineup:

Winnik-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Holland-Palmieri
Cogliano-Koivu-Selanne
Belskey-Bonino-Rakell/DSP
Staubitz

Since the 2nd line is not working, I took Palmieri off the 1st and brought Holland up from the 4th. Palmieri has looked good with the twins, but we might need to move people around to find better overall chemistry. I think since Palmieri and Holland have played together, there should be some chemistry there (I haven't watched a lot of Norfold, btw, so I'm not exactly sure how much they've played on a line together), and since they have some similarities in their game to the twins, Ryan could find chemistry with them I think. Winnik is on the 1st, because he's really the best fit there outside of Ryan and Palmieri. He's strong and good on the cycle, with a pretty good shot (He had a nasty wrister tonight). I put the Cogs-Koivu-Selanne line back together, as Koivu seems to be the only guy Selanne can succeed with on ES. Cogs has looked great with Koivu, so I wanted to keep them together. This good be a good 3rd line with speed, and decent defense (I know the current 3rd line is perfectly fine, but once again, I had to move guys around). Lastly, I think Bonino would work best on the 4th line, given his lack of offense so far. With 2 of DSP, Rakell, Staubitz, and/or Beleskey, this could be a decent 4th line if everybody works hard (looking at you Devante).

What do you guys think?

Old
01-26-2013, 10:15 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

To me it's really hard to break up that 3rd line. Simply because of what it's done for Cogs and Winnik. Your combinations are interesting though. I think it puts Ryan and Selanne in better places to succeed for sure.

I personally would like to find a way to keep the current 3rd line together. However it's really hard with Selanne and Ryan because they really should be separated. What makes it more difficult is that I believe Selanne is the hardest forward to find a spot for at ES.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:37 AM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampeus View Post
I really don't think we need to make many roster changes just yet, but if we were to change things up, I'm curious to know what you guys think of this possible lineup:

Winnik-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Holland-Palmieri
Cogliano-Koivu-Selanne
Staubitz

Since the 2nd line is not working, I took Palmieri off the 1st and brought Holland up from the 4th. Palmieri has looked good with the twins, but we might need to move people around to find better overall chemistry. I think since Palmieri and Holland have played together, there should be some chemistry there (I haven't watched a lot of Norfold, btw, so I'm not exactly sure how much they've played on a line together), and since they have some similarities in their game to the twins, Ryan could find chemistry with them I think. Winnik is on the 1st, because he's really the best fit there outside of Ryan and Palmieri. He's strong and good on the cycle, with a pretty good shot (He had a nasty wrister tonight). I put the Cogs-Koivu-Selanne line back together, as Koivu seems to be the only guy Selanne can succeed with on ES. Cogs has looked great with Koivu, so I wanted to keep them together. This good be a good 3rd line with speed, and decent defense (I know the current 3rd line is perfectly fine, but once again, I had to move guys around). Lastly, I think Bonino would work best on the 4th line, given his lack of offense so far. With 2 of DSP, Rakell, Staubitz, and/or Beleskey, this could be a decent 4th line if everybody works hard (looking at you Devante).

What do you guys think?
if i HAD to break up that 3rd line then this is probably what id' do

Quote:
To me it's really hard to break up that 3rd line. Simply because of what it's done for Cogs and Winnik. Your combinations are interesting though. I think it puts Ryan and Selanne in better places to succeed for sure.

I personally would like to find a way to keep the current 3rd line together. However it's really hard with Selanne and Ryan because they really should be separated. What makes it more difficult is that I believe Selanne is the hardest forward to find a spot for at ES.
but i agree with this. that 3rd line has honestly been our best/most consistent line so far. better than the getzlaf line (perrys been blah). and i'll agree that with the second line its mostly just selanne/ryan, they need to find a way to mesh better. although I do think that last night there were a couple shifts where they looked pretty good.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:40 AM
Getz2perry

Quote:

Winnik-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Holland-Palmieri
Cogliano-Koivu-Selanne
Staubitz

What do you guys think?
I think the first lines and second line are improved, the 3rd line i would have to see how they are defensively with selanne there. 4th line is kinda what youd expect from a 4th line... not much.... but its what we have to work with.
Only change id make is belesky/dsp/staubitz - bonino - rakell, rakell has shown more to me then belsky/dsp(tho belskey showed some balls fighting bieska).

Old
01-26-2013, 10:46 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

It's a tough move to break up a line like the third. But a lot of the problems with the second line are related.

That third line has played well enough to be our second line for short periods of time. So why not promote them? I'm thinking something along the lines of

PPG
Winnik-Koivu-Selanne
Cogliano-Bonino/Holland/Rakell-Ryan
Beleskey-Bonino/Holland/Rakell-Staubitz/Holland/Rakell

The reason I'm splitting up the third line and not the first is that while the third line has been better, I also don't see its offense as sustainable. But with Selanne, that offense might be sustainable enough to stick for a little while. Basically I'm buying time until Ryan and one of the young centers finally steps up to make a case for 2nd line duty. Also I do not see Winnik as capable in a 1st line role, and Palmieri looks fine there for now. He will shift around as he has rookie slumps, but not now.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:15 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

I'm very interested to see how Winnik continues playing. He never quits, he goes right to the front of the net, he's much faster than I realized, and he's got good hands.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:04 PM
KenWu

I'm at a point where I want the Ducks to trade Sbisa. To me, he was always inconsistent even last year. But everyone kept saying he was a solid prospect that was going to truly bloom. I now completely disagree and we should definitely trade him right now when the value is high.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:13 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenWu View Post
I'm at a point where I want the Ducks to trade Sbisa. To me, he was always inconsistent even last year. But everyone kept saying he was a solid prospect that was going to truly bloom. I now completely disagree and we should definitely trade him right now when the value is high.
Thought he was pretty good last season, sure he's inconsistent, but he's a 22 year old NHL defenceman (with nearly 200 NHL games already under his belt), there will be bumps in the road despite the experience he's already got in the NHL, just like there is with Fowler.

He's had a tough start to the season, but there's no need to trade him, just sit him for a game or two if he doesn't pick up soon and bring him back in.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:24 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenWu View Post
Trading him for the simple idea of trading him would be stupid. He's still important to this team, despite his inconsistency. Plus he's on a good contract. Now with that said I'd love to see him moved for a long term solution at 2nd line center. I wonder if Philly would be interested in moving one of B.Schenn or Couturier for him?

Old
01-26-2013, 12:35 PM
NEWFowler
hi

Quote:
Trading him for the simple idea of trading him would be stupid. He's still important to this team, despite his inconsistency. Plus he's on a good contract. Now with that said I'd love to see him moved for a long term solution at 2nd line center. I wonder if Philly would be interested in moving one of B.Schenn or Couturier for him?
Highly doubt it. Couturier is pretty untouchable and they just traded for Shenn's brother. Who would replace Sbisa though if he were to be traded? Do the Ducks have that much confidence in Vatanen?

Old
01-26-2013, 12:42 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie9 View Post
Highly doubt it. Couturier is pretty untouchable and they just traded for Shenn's brother. Who would replace Sbisa though if he were to be traded? Do the Ducks have that much confidence in Vatanen?
I don't but I think Murray and BB do. Plus the Ducks really have 6 top 4 defenseman. There may be some adjusting to the pairs, but I believe if we traded Sbisa for someone like Courts, the gain out weighs the loss.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:44 PM
Exit Dose

We shouldn't consider trading any major pieces till we get closer to the trade deadline. You don't want to hastily sell low on someone if the problem is just being out of form from the lockout.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:46 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
I don't but I think Murray and BB do. Plus the Ducks really have 6 top 4 defenseman. There may be some adjusting to the pairs, but I believe if we traded Sbisa for someone like Courts, the gain out weighs the loss.
It doesn't sound like Homer is interested in moving Couts for anyone. I think we'd have to offer Fowler to get him to budge from that position.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:49 PM
NEWFowler
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
It doesn't sound like Homer is interested in moving Couts for anyone. I think we'd have to offer Fowler to get him to budge from that position.
Agreed. I think if we're looking to get a legitimate second line center we're looking to give up a lot more than Sbisa. Think Bobby ryan + Sbisa for 2nd line center + bottom pair Dman

Old
01-26-2013, 12:59 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

I don't think Sbisa was inconsistent last year, not in the sense the word's being used. He was bad, and then he got better. By the end of the year he was playing very well. To me, inconsistent means you don't know what his level of play will be from one game to the next. By contrast, I was always pretty sure what we'd see out of Sbisa, and he kept on that upward curve.

It's just way too early to trade him IMO. We're not 0-3, here. There is zero reason for panic. But even if this is how he plays all season, I wouldn't trade him.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:16 PM
SupermanPahlsson

Quote:

Winnik-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Holland-Palmieri
Cogliano-Koivu-Selanne
Staubitz

What do you guys think?
I proposed the exact same roster changes in the Canucks GDT, so 100% agreed.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:02 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Anyway we go after O'Reilys rights? He would be amazing on our top 6

Old
01-26-2013, 04:34 PM
SupermanPahlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Anyway we go after O'Reilys rights? He would be amazing on our top 6
I remember the days where it was Ryan+ for O'Reilly on the Trade Rumor boards.

Now O'Reilly is expendable. He's the perfect long-term 3C, but what assets would it take to get him?

Old
01-26-2013, 04:42 PM
Gibson Les Palms

Arnott's no longer an option

DarrenDreger: Arnott and NYR agree to contract. 1 year. Cap hit around $1.6 -$1.7. Contract being finalized now. Arnott en route to NYC.

Closed Thread