HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The One Kadri Discussion Thread.

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 05:38 AM
Lansdown

vCash: 500
Definitely doesn't belong in one of the 7,000 other Nazem Kadri threads

Old
01-26-2013, 05:41 AM
Aplayaz2000

Kadri and Kessel

and Lupul

damm

Old
01-26-2013, 05:45 AM
Aplayaz2000

Wilson seemed really... old grampa john

just felt he didnt click with his team

Old
01-26-2013, 07:40 AM
AINEC
Kessel's "intensity"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Carlyle brings roles, structure and accountability. Everything this team was missing. Now we just need a goalie.
Carlyle brings a lot of things. Wilson brings rope.

I'm more than glad he's gone.

Old
01-26-2013, 07:54 AM
hullsy47

carlyle is very candid ........ron wilson thought he invemted the wheel

Old
01-26-2013, 07:59 AM
BudMaster17
Gap Inspector

I posted it when he got fired and I got flamed. I'll say it again... Ron Wilson will not get hired again. He was a terrible coach, communicator, teacher and had a big mole on his face that I wanted to punch. Rotten Ronnie and Burke can now take their arrogance and stuff one another with it.

Last edited by BudMaster17: 01-26-2013 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Sp
Old
01-26-2013, 08:01 AM
onebighockeyfan

Now he sounds like Subba. These prima donas have to grow up.

Old
01-26-2013, 08:13 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

Carlyle is twice the coach RW was.

Old
01-26-2013, 08:13 AM
Raym11
Phaneuf sucks

Kadri has put up points in his first few games, he's played good half the time. The other half has been awful.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt though because he's never been given a chance and his game relies on creativity. He is just trying too hard half the time.

I really like his positioning though as shown on a couple of his goals this year. The rebound off the board he scored on the other night was a great effort by him. He made sure he beat everyone to the puck, good awareness driving to the net.

Alot of glaring issues in his game though. He isn't as agile as he thinks he is. Defenders take the body on him constantly and overpower him. needs to use his teammates more on zone entries as that seems to be his biggest problem (everyone knows he's going to try to dangle his way in so they just angle him into the boards and take the body, he needs to start dumping it in or passing and he'll be fine).

Too cute with his passes for this team. he needs to play more North/South instead of East/West as that is where his problem lies, he is always looking cross ice for the neat passing play. By then he is rubbed off the puck or gives it away, he doesnt have the strength to afford him the patience and time vs NHL players yet.

Average skater with the puck, going to need more strength to actually be able to get around NHL defenceman consistently to play "his" game

Old
01-26-2013, 08:24 AM
BudMaster17
Gap Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Gotta love the kid.

All you guys wanted him gone. Now he's showing us what some patience can do
Don Cherry ladies and gentleman

Old
01-26-2013, 08:48 AM
number72

Wilson had better ties then caryle

Old
01-26-2013, 08:50 AM
noway

Yeah, Burke was brutal. (I blame him for the whole Wilson thing)

Old
01-26-2013, 09:14 AM
Drew311
Whitey Whackers

I remember a few players, including Kessel, saying he never really talked to Wilson. How the hell can you not talk to your players?? You can't treat young players like they're invisible, especially if you want them to succeed. I wonder if he had a hand in Schenn's regression.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:15 AM
toronto murphy laws

These comments about Carlyle have me more optimistic that Gardiner is being handled properly.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:30 AM
Crazy Vaclav
Put it in H

If Kadri is with Kessel on the PP I don't want to see him used like I have seen him the past couple games...in front of the net. I want him holding the puck.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:37 AM
Auzzie19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raym11 View Post
Kadri has put up points in his first few games, he's played good half the time. The other half has been awful.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt though because he's never been given a chance and his game relies on creativity. He is just trying too hard half the time.

I really like his positioning though as shown on a couple of his goals this year. The rebound off the board he scored on the other night was a great effort by him. He made sure he beat everyone to the puck, good awareness driving to the net.

Alot of glaring issues in his game though. He isn't as agile as he thinks he is. Defenders take the body on him constantly and overpower him. needs to use his teammates more on zone entries as that seems to be his biggest problem (everyone knows he's going to try to dangle his way in so they just angle him into the boards and take the body, he needs to start dumping it in or passing and he'll be fine).

Too cute with his passes for this team. he needs to play more North/South instead of East/West as that is where his problem lies, he is always looking cross ice for the neat passing play. By then he is rubbed off the puck or gives it away, he doesnt have the strength to afford him the patience and time vs NHL players yet.

Average skater with the puck, going to need more strength to actually be able to get around NHL defenceman consistently to play "his" game
I haven't seen him quit on a shift yet. Don't know who you been watching. Kid's been dangerous every time he's touched the ice.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:39 AM
RogerRoeper*

I told all of you you are giving up on Kadri way too fast. Now we see threads like this

BTW-Most of you are giving up on Reimer WAY too fast as well. He has the upside of being a #1 goalie. The only time in his entire career he's played poorly was after getting hit in the head by Gionta.

Kadri won't quite be a "Star", but he can be one of the best second line centres in the NHL.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:39 AM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:

Ridiculous.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:47 AM
bunjay

A lot of ever-so-thinly veiled shots at Wilson

Old
01-26-2013, 09:47 AM
Confucius

Quote:

LMAO, obviously the kid just can't win.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:50 AM
Liferleafer
Blow it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
I remember a few players, including Kessel, saying he never really talked to Wilson. How the hell can you not talk to your players?? You can't treat young players like they're invisible, especially if you want them to succeed. I wonder if he had a hand in Schenn's regression.
Wilson was a dick...but going by Schenn's play this year....no.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:50 AM
Pilky01
I hate Dion Phanuef

Wilson was a miserable ***** and Burke was the only reason he was here so long. They both got exactly what they deserved.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:58 AM
deaneryoungblood

As far as comparables in style go, I see Ribiero and Kovalev.
Upside? I'd guess 60 points in full year, which is 2 line C material

Old
01-26-2013, 10:03 AM
hockeyfanz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by noway View Post
Yeah, Burke was brutal. (I blame him for the whole Wilson thing)
Those two idiots drove hockey into the ground in Toronto. Maybe the worst 1-2 management punch in the history of the franchise....the only worst possible combo in my lifetime were Gerry McNamara and John Brophy...two mentally damaged men running the organization as Harlold Ballards puppets. Dark days in Leafs Nation almost eclipsed by two arrogant bumbling Americans.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:16 AM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanz View Post
Those two idiots drove hockey into the ground in Toronto. Maybe the worst 1-2 management punch in the history of the franchise....the only worst possible combo in my lifetime were Gerry McNamara and John Brophy...two mentally damaged men running the organization as Harlold Ballards puppets. Dark days in Leafs Nation almost eclipsed by two arrogant bumbling Americans.
Ron Wilson the "bumbling American" is from Windsor Ontario.

Closed Thread