HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#04 Canes at Sabres Fri Jan 25 7:00PM ET TV: MSG-B Radio: WGR-AM

Old
01-25-2013, 08:42 PM
Circusboy39

vCash: 500
OK, I'm sorry, but it's like Lindy was coaching to lose that game. It's some bad meme, right? Down a goal? Hecht and Kaleta. Oh, and let's let Grigorenko sit on the bench the whole second half. Nice work. Sheesh. Is it so much of complex idea to use offensive players when you need offense? What the crap.

Circusboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:42 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
Good...how many more until someone wisens up and fires our ****** coach?
Never

Terry Pegula: "They aren't going anywhere"

Too bad Pegula is such a fanboy obsessed with a stale Ruff and Regier.Dan Snyder spends a lot of money too.Until Pegula strips Ruff as coach for life he will never win a cup, which he says will happen "within 3 years"

I wonder if our 2nd/3rd/4th lines continues to not score how long it will take for Darcy to make a trade.My guess is at the deadline when we are already 8 points back and already virtually eliminated.

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:43 PM
Moskau

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montag DP View Post
Okay, to be fair Myers was in no position to make a play there.
I don't think anyone is seriously ragging on Myers for that play. At least I hope not.

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Fire Me
Cleared, BUT NOT OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capslock17 View Post
Was I alone in hoping someone would've just smushed skinner right there?

Also, as a non-Buffalonian(?), I'm forced to watch the Canes feed via Center Ice.

John Forslund: "WHAT A GOAL BY SKINNER" hahaha
lol he also said that about Semin's goal... it WAS a pretty nice wrister, but still...

Fire Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:47 PM
Montag DP
Sabres fan in...

I'm seriously tired of Ruff's coaching (if it can be called that) style. Up a goal going into the third? Let's see how much time we can spend in our own zone. Down a goal with a couple minutes to go? Put Kaleta in. Tryout for Grigs? Turns out he's good at bench warming after all. He'll be good at it in a few years when he's on the team for good and he's another of Ruff's projects.

Montag DP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:54 PM
littletonhockeycoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo View Post
Anyone who blames Myers on that last play after he hawked down skinner when Sekera coulda came over is ridiculous. I hate Ruff the dude is a joke
My point is that Myers has developed some bad habits in over relying on his reach to compensate for hustle. He didn't move his feet on that sequence and instead, thought he could use his reach to stick check the puck away. Then he let Skinner loose and Skinner scored.

At a minimum, pull his frickin legs out.

This isn't about Sekera.

littletonhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:44 PM
Capslock17

I've been supportive of Ruff, even most of last year. But Its just not working anymore.

I don't know if its Ruff or what, but I feel this team is really missing a sense of leadership, and has since they lost Drury and Briere. IDK, Maybe its just me.

I feel he deserves better than to be fired mid-season, but its definitely time. This team really needs toughness and size too. And not just 4th liners. Ott was a step in the right direction, but he's playing with Kaleta and Hecht? I'd like to see him paired with offensive talent, because Ott has some, but his type plays best as a compliment to offense talent on like the 2nd line, or maybe 3rd line on teams with offensive depth. I pray to god the Sabres can make a move of some sort for Getzlaf

Also, get rid of Ruff before he ruins Grigorenko or scares him all the way back to Russia

Capslock17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:38 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
lol he also said that about Semin's goal... it WAS a pretty nice wrister, but still...
That could've been avoided by clearing instead of trying to make some sort of backhand pass.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:41 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
I'm not sure I can believe the Canes won two games back to back vs the Sabres... The Sabres have never had a ton of luck vs. the Canes but they played their backup goalie Friday... Ruff or someone needs to do something soon...

After scoring a goal there seems to be a habit of giving up one or two within minutes after scoring, that kind of momentum killer will lose games every time, concentration is suspect.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 06:10 AM
ckg927

vCash: 400
Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Maybe it's just me, but Grigs should not have started the season with the Sabres in the first place. He has not shown anything out there so far. Not even a hint of what caused the Sabres to draft him last year.

Send him back to the Q, bring him back for TC in September and-at the least-assign him to Rochester if he shows that he is good enough.

ckg927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:02 AM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Never

Terry Pegula: "They aren't going anywhere"

Too bad Pegula is such a fanboy obsessed with a stale Ruff and Regier.Dan Snyder spends a lot of money too.Until Pegula strips Ruff as coach for life he will never win a cup, which he says will happen "within 3 years"

I wonder if our 2nd/3rd/4th lines continues to not score how long it will take for Darcy to make a trade.My guess is at the deadline when we are already 8 points back and already virtually eliminated.

This

S319R11S16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:03 AM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
Maybe it's just me, but Grigs should not have started the season with the Sabres in the first place. He has not shown anything out there so far. Not even a hint of what caused the Sabres to draft him last year.

Send him back to the Q, bring him back for TC in September and-at the least-assign him to Rochester if he shows that he is good enough.
Hes an offensive player, give him some talent to play with for god sakes

S319R11S16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:07 AM
gallagt01

Quote:

Grigorenko won't be AHL-eligible this September.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:23 PM
ckg927

vCash: 400
Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
Grigorenko won't be AHL-eligible this September.
What if he signs an ELC, as Girgs did before the whole lockout mess began?

ckg927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:25 PM
Zman5778

Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
What if he signs an ELC, as Girgs did before the whole lockout mess began?

It all depends on how old a player and whether or not he has junior eligibility left.

Girgs wasn't drafted from the CHL so therefore didn't have to go to the CHL.

Grigs WAS drafted out of the CHL and has one more year eligibility before he can go to the AHL.

Zman5778 is offline   Reply With Quote