HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2013, 08:52 AM
  #776
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday
 
cyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 3rd Planet From Sun.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,214
vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo19 View Post
So judging by these posts... Vancouver fans would want Kadri +1st from Toronto?
Don't you know Kadri is a compete bust? He spent 3 years in the AHL because he sucks and the Leafs cant develop prospects.

When Detroit makes prospects spend that kind of time in the AHL they are doing it because they have the best prospect development system in the the world but when we do it it is because the prospect is a bust.

cyris is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 08:56 AM
  #777
MikeK
Registered User
 
MikeK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,692
vCash: 8000
Sure are a lot of rumors floating around the airways about Vancouver and EDM in serious trade negotiations over Luongo. Can't wait to see where he does end up.

MikeK is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 08:57 AM
  #778
Chaz McNulty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Don't you know Kadri is a compete bust? He spent 3 years in the AHL because he sucks and the Leafs cant develop prospects.

When Detroit makes prospects spend that kind of time in the AHL they are doing it because they have the best prospect development system in the the world but when we do it it is because the prospect is a bust.
Are you angry?

Chaz McNulty is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:00 AM
  #779
The Pucks
Registered User
 
The Pucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo19 View Post
So judging by these posts... Vancouver fans would want Kadri +1st from Toronto?
Vancouver already has Kadri, we just call him Mason Raymond.

The Pucks is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:02 AM
  #780
The Pucks
Registered User
 
The Pucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Don't you know Kadri is a compete bust? He spent 3 years in the AHL because he sucks and the Leafs cant develop prospects.

When Detroit makes prospects spend that kind of time in the AHL they are doing it because they have the best prospect development system in the the world but when we do it it is because the prospect is a bust.
One slight difference is those Detroit prospects couldnt make a great team, Kadri, well, he couldnt make Toronto. That speaks volumes.

The Pucks is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:09 AM
  #781
MikeK
Registered User
 
MikeK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,692
vCash: 8000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz McNulty View Post
Are you angry?
Sure seems like it. Doesn't it? Probably reality of letting Luongo get away is starting to sink it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pucks View Post
One slight difference is those Detroit prospects couldnt make a great team, Kadri, well, he couldnt make Toronto. That speaks volumes.
Well said.

MikeK is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:13 AM
  #782
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
Sure seems like it. Doesn't it? Probably reality of letting Luongo get away is starting to sink it.



Well said.
He didn't "get away", he refused to come here. See Bleach and Rune74 for links.

Liferleafer is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:18 AM
  #783
MikeK
Registered User
 
MikeK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,692
vCash: 8000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
He didn't "get away", he refused to come here. See Bleach and Rune74 for links.
I haven't seen those links so I can't comment on them. I don't think T.O. management was willing to pay the price for an elite goalie anyway. It was never going to happen. Sucks because it would be nice if Toronto could be included into playoff discussions again. It has been far too long.

MikeK is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:19 AM
  #784
Kyle Doobas
#groovystats
 
Kyle Doobas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,729
vCash: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pucks View Post
One slight difference is those Detroit prospects couldnt make a great team, Kadri, well, he couldnt make Toronto. That speaks volumes.
They really need to make logic a mandatory course for all high school students in America or something

The fact that Detroit is a good team doesn't mean every single player on the team is good and impossible to win a spot from. I guess Brendan Smith sucks because for years he couldn't take over for Jonathan Ericsson, and Gustav Nyquist must be absolutely terrible if he's already 23 and still can't climb above Justin Abdelkader on the depth chart.

Kyle Doobas is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:20 AM
  #785
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
I haven't seen those links so I can't comment on them. I don't think T.O. management was willing to pay the price for an elite goalie anyway. It was never going to happen. Sucks because it would be nice if Toronto could be included into playoff discussions again. It has been far too long.
Again, Bleach and Rune74 (your fellow brethern) have all the facts. Luongo refused TO and won't consider waiving to come here. I've come to grips with it, i just don't understand why there is still TO talk as you have said. Our team sucks and we have nothing to offer.

Liferleafer is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:23 AM
  #786
MikeK
Registered User
 
MikeK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,692
vCash: 8000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Again, Bleach and Rune74 (your fellow brethern) have all the facts. Luongo refused TO and won't consider waiving to come here. I've come to grips with it, i just don't understand why there is still TO talk as you have said. Our team sucks and we have nothing to offer.
Could you post these links for me to check out? I honestly haven't heard this. Wasn't Luongo on TSN saying he would have no issues playing in T.O. just before the season started?

MikeK is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:27 AM
  #787
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
Could you post these links for me to check out? I honestly haven't heard this. Wasn't Luongo on TSN saying he would have no issues playing in T.O. just before the season started?
Go back through the thread, Bleach and Rune have posted and quoted them like they are gospel and have asked me to leave the thread as the Leafs have zero chance of landing Luongo. I'm only in here today (aside from this being an intriging story) to defend the Leaf bashing. Again...we suck, our goalies suck...we won't see playoffs for the next 106 years....we have literally nothing that would be worthy in a Luongo trade....Luongo would never waive to come to a perrenial loser like the Leafs.

That should clear it up.

Liferleafer is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:27 AM
  #788
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday
 
cyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 3rd Planet From Sun.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,214
vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Again, Bleach and Rune74 (your fellow brethern) have all the facts. Luongo refused TO and won't consider waiving to come here. I've come to grips with it, i just don't understand why there is still TO talk as you have said. Our team sucks and we have nothing to offer.
Why are those rumors true and many others that have contradicted them not?

cyris is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:28 AM
  #789
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Why are those rumors true and many others that have contradicted them not?
I didn't say they were true, all i said was certain posters have quoted them like they are gospel and as such, have asked all Leaf fans to refrain from posting here.

Liferleafer is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:31 AM
  #790
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday
 
cyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 3rd Planet From Sun.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,214
vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I didn't say they were true, all i said was certain posters have quoted them like they are gospel and as such, have asked all Leaf fans to refrain from posting here.
Yea I got that is what you were saying after I saw more of your posts.

cyris is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:32 AM
  #791
MikeK
Registered User
 
MikeK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,692
vCash: 8000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Why are those rumors true and many others that have contradicted them not?
Good point. I am sure I saw Luongo do an interview with TSN just before the season started saying he would have no issue playing for T.O.

Luongo is not the type of guy to say one thing and do another. He really is a good character guy. Not sure I buy into these so called facts that he rejected a deal to T.O.

MikeK is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:33 AM
  #792
rune74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Go back through the thread, Bleach and Rune have posted and quoted them like they are gospel and have asked me to leave the thread as the Leafs have zero chance of landing Luongo. I'm only in here today (aside from this being an intriging story) to defend the Leaf bashing. Again...we suck, our goalies suck...we won't see playoffs for the next 106 years....we have literally nothing that would be worthy in a Luongo trade....Luongo would never waive to come to a perrenial loser like the Leafs.

That should clear it up.
I think I posted talking about the rumor twice, and it was back in june because he wanted to explore florida trade options. Talk about going over the top in trying to paint a picture. Reports of you leaving were greatly exaggerated it seems.

You may want to look up the word gospel.

rune74 is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:33 AM
  #793
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
Good point. I am sure I saw Luongo do an interview with TSN just before the season started saying he would have no issue playing for T.O.

Luongo is not the type of guy to say one thing and do another. He really is a good character guy. Not sure I buy into these so called facts that he rejected a deal to T.O.
At the draft, he supposedly shot down a deal to TO, as reported by Gallager.

Liferleafer is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:34 AM
  #794
RECsGuy*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
True, but I think it's unlikely that they trade for Luongo so soon after acquiring Lindback. Other teams will likely be less willing to give leeway to their starters. But before acquiring Lindback, they by far made the most sense to me.
Folks always say this ****, but does anyone even bother to look at their Stanley Cup window? Lecavalier is soon to be 33, with rapidly declining production, and MSL is moving on 38. The Lindback/Garon tandem isn't winning them ****. Unless they're targeting Backstrom this summer, Yzerman would be an idiot to not at least kick the Luongo tires.

RECsGuy* is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:39 AM
  #795
MikeK
Registered User
 
MikeK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,692
vCash: 8000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
At the draft, he supposedly shot down a deal to TO, as reported by Gallager.
I heard it was Gillis who shot down the offer and that they never even asked Luo to waive. The problem with all these rumors is that we don't know who is actually telling the truth or who is looking for readers. IF Toronto could offer up a package Vancouver would be interested in I doubt Luongo would decline... but I don't think we'll ever know.

MikeK is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:46 AM
  #796
ginner classic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kitsilano
Posts: 6,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag925 View Post
Folks always say this ****, but does anyone even bother to look at their Stanley Cup window? Lecavalier is soon to be 33, with rapidly declining production, and MSL is moving on 38. The Lindback/Garon tandem isn't winning them ****. Unless they're targeting Backstrom this summer, Yzerman would be an idiot to not at least kick the Luongo tires.
I think he's very entrenched in his position. They have a ton of prospects at the position and a stopgap like kipper is also a good fit (if feaster ever gives up and accepts their 30th place destiny). I think in order of liklihood right now:

Washington
Edmonton
Toronto
Florida
Tampa Bay
New York Islanders
Philadelphia (offseason)
Chicago
New Jersey (offseason)

ginner classic is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:46 AM
  #797
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,945
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pucks View Post
Vancouver already has Kadri, we just call him Mason Raymond.
Except their games are not similar at all and Kadri has much better hockey IQ and vision.

Mason Raymond is a skater, Kadri doesn't rely as much on skating as much as his passing skills.

Pi is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:52 AM
  #798
ginner classic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kitsilano
Posts: 6,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Except their games are not similar at all and Kadri has much better hockey IQ and vision.

Mason Raymond is a skater, Kadri doesn't rely as much on skating as much as his passing skills.
And Kadri can play center and may be better for some teams at center. Kadri has more trade vale. Raymond is currently the better and more complete player (as is kulemin)

ginner classic is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:53 AM
  #799
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
I think I posted talking about the rumor twice, and it was back in june because he wanted to explore florida trade options. Talk about going over the top in trying to paint a picture. Reports of you leaving were greatly exaggerated it seems.

You may want to look up the word gospel.
Again, i'm only here to combat the Leaf bashing. I'm taking your word that Luongo isn't going to waive here.

And for the record, you have brought up the Luongo won't waive for TO statement a few times in this very thread....unless i stepped into a time porthole...this ain't June.

The funny thing is, you state is as fact, then tell me i should leave. So i did. Low and behold....i look in here this morning and what team is still getting ridiculed for "letting Luongo get away"?

Admit it, you say you want the Leafs to walk away (which i believe they have), but deep down you know that if that happens....the likelyhood of getting any value for Luongo becomes that much lower.

Oh wait...unless we wait for Gillis' mystery team and the mystery player that needs to be taken care of.


Last edited by Liferleafer: 01-26-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Liferleafer is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:56 AM
  #800
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Air Canada Center
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,011
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner classic View Post
And Kadri can play center and may be better for some teams at center. Kadri has more trade vale. Raymond is currently the better and more complete player
NOT RIGHT NOW he aint..

TML g u n n e R s* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.