HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 08:52 AM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo19 View Post
So judging by these posts... Vancouver fans would want Kadri +1st from Toronto?
Don't you know Kadri is a compete bust? He spent 3 years in the AHL because he sucks and the Leafs cant develop prospects.

When Detroit makes prospects spend that kind of time in the AHL they are doing it because they have the best prospect development system in the the world but when we do it it is because the prospect is a bust.

Old
01-26-2013, 08:56 AM
MikeK

vCash: 8000
Sure are a lot of rumors floating around the airways about Vancouver and EDM in serious trade negotiations over Luongo. Can't wait to see where he does end up.

Old
01-26-2013, 08:57 AM
Chaz McNulty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Don't you know Kadri is a compete bust? He spent 3 years in the AHL because he sucks and the Leafs cant develop prospects.

When Detroit makes prospects spend that kind of time in the AHL they are doing it because they have the best prospect development system in the the world but when we do it it is because the prospect is a bust.
Are you angry?

Old
01-26-2013, 09:00 AM
The Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo19 View Post
So judging by these posts... Vancouver fans would want Kadri +1st from Toronto?
Vancouver already has Kadri, we just call him Mason Raymond.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:02 AM
The Pucks

Quote:

One slight difference is those Detroit prospects couldnt make a great team, Kadri, well, he couldnt make Toronto. That speaks volumes.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:09 AM
MikeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz McNulty View Post
Are you angry?
Sure seems like it. Doesn't it? Probably reality of letting Luongo get away is starting to sink it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pucks View Post
One slight difference is those Detroit prospects couldnt make a great team, Kadri, well, he couldnt make Toronto. That speaks volumes.
Well said.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:13 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
Sure seems like it. Doesn't it? Probably reality of letting Luongo get away is starting to sink it.

Well said.
He didn't "get away", he refused to come here. See Bleach and Rune74 for links.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:18 AM
MikeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
He didn't "get away", he refused to come here. See Bleach and Rune74 for links.
I haven't seen those links so I can't comment on them. I don't think T.O. management was willing to pay the price for an elite goalie anyway. It was never going to happen. Sucks because it would be nice if Toronto could be included into playoff discussions again. It has been far too long.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:19 AM
Kyle Doobas
#groovystats

vCash: 1170
Quote:
They really need to make logic a mandatory course for all high school students in America or something

The fact that Detroit is a good team doesn't mean every single player on the team is good and impossible to win a spot from. I guess Brendan Smith sucks because for years he couldn't take over for Jonathan Ericsson, and Gustav Nyquist must be absolutely terrible if he's already 23 and still can't climb above Justin Abdelkader on the depth chart.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:20 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
I haven't seen those links so I can't comment on them. I don't think T.O. management was willing to pay the price for an elite goalie anyway. It was never going to happen. Sucks because it would be nice if Toronto could be included into playoff discussions again. It has been far too long.
Again, Bleach and Rune74 (your fellow brethern) have all the facts. Luongo refused TO and won't consider waiving to come here. I've come to grips with it, i just don't understand why there is still TO talk as you have said. Our team sucks and we have nothing to offer.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:23 AM
MikeK

Quote:
Again, Bleach and Rune74 (your fellow brethern) have all the facts. Luongo refused TO and won't consider waiving to come here. I've come to grips with it, i just don't understand why there is still TO talk as you have said. Our team sucks and we have nothing to offer.
Could you post these links for me to check out? I honestly haven't heard this. Wasn't Luongo on TSN saying he would have no issues playing in T.O. just before the season started?

Old
01-26-2013, 09:27 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Could you post these links for me to check out? I honestly haven't heard this. Wasn't Luongo on TSN saying he would have no issues playing in T.O. just before the season started?
Go back through the thread, Bleach and Rune have posted and quoted them like they are gospel and have asked me to leave the thread as the Leafs have zero chance of landing Luongo. I'm only in here today (aside from this being an intriging story) to defend the Leaf bashing. Again...we suck, our goalies suck...we won't see playoffs for the next 106 years....we have literally nothing that would be worthy in a Luongo trade....Luongo would never waive to come to a perrenial loser like the Leafs.

That should clear it up.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:27 AM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Why are those rumors true and many others that have contradicted them not?

Old
01-26-2013, 09:28 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
I didn't say they were true, all i said was certain posters have quoted them like they are gospel and as such, have asked all Leaf fans to refrain from posting here.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:31 AM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
I didn't say they were true, all i said was certain posters have quoted them like they are gospel and as such, have asked all Leaf fans to refrain from posting here.
Yea I got that is what you were saying after I saw more of your posts.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:32 AM
MikeK

Quote:
Good point. I am sure I saw Luongo do an interview with TSN just before the season started saying he would have no issue playing for T.O.

Luongo is not the type of guy to say one thing and do another. He really is a good character guy. Not sure I buy into these so called facts that he rejected a deal to T.O.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:33 AM
rune74

Quote:
Go back through the thread, Bleach and Rune have posted and quoted them like they are gospel and have asked me to leave the thread as the Leafs have zero chance of landing Luongo. I'm only in here today (aside from this being an intriging story) to defend the Leaf bashing. Again...we suck, our goalies suck...we won't see playoffs for the next 106 years....we have literally nothing that would be worthy in a Luongo trade....Luongo would never waive to come to a perrenial loser like the Leafs.

That should clear it up.
I think I posted talking about the rumor twice, and it was back in june because he wanted to explore florida trade options. Talk about going over the top in trying to paint a picture. Reports of you leaving were greatly exaggerated it seems.

You may want to look up the word gospel.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:33 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Good point. I am sure I saw Luongo do an interview with TSN just before the season started saying he would have no issue playing for T.O.

Luongo is not the type of guy to say one thing and do another. He really is a good character guy. Not sure I buy into these so called facts that he rejected a deal to T.O.
At the draft, he supposedly shot down a deal to TO, as reported by Gallager.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:34 AM
RECsGuy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
True, but I think it's unlikely that they trade for Luongo so soon after acquiring Lindback. Other teams will likely be less willing to give leeway to their starters. But before acquiring Lindback, they by far made the most sense to me.
Folks always say this ****, but does anyone even bother to look at their Stanley Cup window? Lecavalier is soon to be 33, with rapidly declining production, and MSL is moving on 38. The Lindback/Garon tandem isn't winning them ****. Unless they're targeting Backstrom this summer, Yzerman would be an idiot to not at least kick the Luongo tires.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:39 AM
MikeK

Quote:
At the draft, he supposedly shot down a deal to TO, as reported by Gallager.
I heard it was Gillis who shot down the offer and that they never even asked Luo to waive. The problem with all these rumors is that we don't know who is actually telling the truth or who is looking for readers. IF Toronto could offer up a package Vancouver would be interested in I doubt Luongo would decline... but I don't think we'll ever know.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:46 AM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag925 View Post
Folks always say this ****, but does anyone even bother to look at their Stanley Cup window? Lecavalier is soon to be 33, with rapidly declining production, and MSL is moving on 38. The Lindback/Garon tandem isn't winning them ****. Unless they're targeting Backstrom this summer, Yzerman would be an idiot to not at least kick the Luongo tires.
I think he's very entrenched in his position. They have a ton of prospects at the position and a stopgap like kipper is also a good fit (if feaster ever gives up and accepts their 30th place destiny). I think in order of liklihood right now:

Washington
Edmonton
Toronto
Florida
Tampa Bay
New York Islanders
Philadelphia (offseason)
Chicago
New Jersey (offseason)

Old
01-26-2013, 09:46 AM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
Vancouver already has Kadri, we just call him Mason Raymond.
Except their games are not similar at all and Kadri has much better hockey IQ and vision.

Mason Raymond is a skater, Kadri doesn't rely as much on skating as much as his passing skills.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:52 AM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Except their games are not similar at all and Kadri has much better hockey IQ and vision.

Mason Raymond is a skater, Kadri doesn't rely as much on skating as much as his passing skills.
And Kadri can play center and may be better for some teams at center. Kadri has more trade vale. Raymond is currently the better and more complete player (as is kulemin)

Old
01-26-2013, 09:53 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
I think I posted talking about the rumor twice, and it was back in june because he wanted to explore florida trade options. Talk about going over the top in trying to paint a picture. Reports of you leaving were greatly exaggerated it seems.

You may want to look up the word gospel.
Again, i'm only here to combat the Leaf bashing. I'm taking your word that Luongo isn't going to waive here.

And for the record, you have brought up the Luongo won't waive for TO statement a few times in this very thread....unless i stepped into a time porthole...this ain't June.

The funny thing is, you state is as fact, then tell me i should leave. So i did. Low and behold....i look in here this morning and what team is still getting ridiculed for "letting Luongo get away"?

Admit it, you say you want the Leafs to walk away (which i believe they have), but deep down you know that if that happens....the likelyhood of getting any value for Luongo becomes that much lower.

Oh wait...unless we wait for Gillis' mystery team and the mystery player that needs to be taken care of.

Last edited by Liferleafer: 01-26-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old
01-26-2013, 09:56 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner classic View Post
And Kadri can play center and may be better for some teams at center. Kadri has more trade vale. Raymond is currently the better and more complete player
NOT RIGHT NOW he aint..

Closed Thread