HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - MK VIII - 'Week-end of Angst' Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2013, 10:07 AM
  #151
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,367
vCash: 500


Of course, Plekanec being a boss completely bucks the trend! lol

Dr Gonzo is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:08 AM
  #152
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
Wow. You really don't understand how negotiation works do you?
Ha...ya id be doin same as Subban if I was offered 5.1 over 2 yrs..

What is funny I think Mb said he hasnt seen Subban play,hence a prove youself deal....did he ever see PRice play before droppin 6.5 mill per..lol lame in my book.

Habaneros is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:08 AM
  #153
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Of course and it was previous management who brought in the overpay contracts. What's done is done but right now we ought to put our priorities in order, coughing up the extra cash to get PK signed ASAP would be a good investment for the team.
MB signed Prust for 2.5M for 4 years. This fall into the category of slight overpayment. He signed Bouillon for 1 year at 1.5M. Why sign Bouillon when we already have Weber. I have a feeling that he really does not want to give PK a decent contract. Prepare to let PK sit for a while and that's why he sign Bouillon as an insurance.

JustAHabFan is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:09 AM
  #154
FinnHab
Registered User
 
FinnHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: overseas...
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
You keep repeating the same thing, but frankly your accusations are baseless and nothing more than empty rhetoric.
Whats your point? He deserve 6Mil$ contract/year? Im more 4-4.5Mil per year. Are we far apart Mr subbanloyalist?

FinnHab is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:09 AM
  #155
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
come on everyone, if you have a twitter account, what does it hurt to do this:

@GMolsonCHC #SIGNSUBBAN

Already catching on a bit... let's get this trending across Canada !
Guys, we are going to make sports center... NO EXCUSES lets do it!

coolasprICE is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:09 AM
  #156
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
Wow. You really don't understand how negotiation works do you?
I think he means that the negotiations are now basically public, in a city with the most hockey writers in the world. is that good?

JLP is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:09 AM
  #157
snakeye
Registered User
 
snakeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,787
vCash: 500
Subban is worth about the same as Prust? Tell me this is a joke.

Give him 6 mil/2 years AT LEAST!

snakeye is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:09 AM
  #158
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,367
vCash: 500
Even fans of opposing teams get it, that should tell us something:

do-the-canadiens-realize-how-good-pk-subban-is

Dr Gonzo is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:10 AM
  #159
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
James Mirtle@mirtle

2h





This Subban situation is a brewing disaster for Montreal. These types of players are very difficult to deal for equal value.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:10 AM
  #160
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab View Post
Whats your point? He deserve 6Mil$ contract/year? Im more 4-45Mil per year. Are we far apart Mr subbanloyalist?
Nope. My point is your accusations that he's greedy, not Bobby Orr, or wants to be the center of the universe are completely baseless and empty rhetoric.

Dr Gonzo is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:10 AM
  #161
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Monctonscout@Monctonscout

11m





Bergevin is headed for his Gomez moment with lowball offer to Subban.#Habs

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:11 AM
  #162
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,527
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
He needs to show more respect to players like Sidney Crosby who punches guys in the nether regions or a guy like Joe Thornton who assaulted a police officer. Maybe he should look up to Chris Pronger, who demands trades because his new wife doesn't like cold winters or Mario Lemieux, who demanded more money than the Pittsburgh Penguins could afford in the 1990s so they had to instead give him a stake in the team. So many role models in the NHL.
Only unintelligent players incapable of winning the cup hold out of contract negotiations because they are being lowballed. Like that Ken Dryden fellow. Guy doesn't know his ass from his face.

Most recent example is Doughty. He held out and alienated his team. When he came back the team lost all cohesion and ended up winning the Stanley Cup. God forbid we go down that road.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:11 AM
  #163
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
MB signed Prust for 2.5M for 4 years. This fall into the category of slight overpayment. He signed Bouillon for 1 year at 1.5M. Why sign Bouillon when we already have Weber. I have a feeling that he really does not want to give PK a decent contract. Prepare to let PK sit for a while and that's why he sign Bouillon as an insurance.
Maybe MB and the Habs management live in a bubble or something because PK is our future and Cube is our past and that fact should inform their negotiations. That said having Weber and Diaz both is not wise, Bouillon is a decent addition for the bottom pairing.

JLP is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:12 AM
  #164
FinnHab
Registered User
 
FinnHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: overseas...
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Nope. My point is your accusations that he's greedy, not Bobby Orr, or wants to be the center of the universe are completely baseless and empty rhetoric.
He aint greedy opportunist? LOL. Oh my, new breed of modern hockey player.

FinnHab is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:12 AM
  #165
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,527
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Maybe MB and the Habs management live in a bubble or something because PK is our future and Cube is our past and that fact should inform their negotiations.
They did hire Michel Therrien..

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:13 AM
  #166
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab View Post
Whats your point? He deserve 6Mil$ contract/year? Im more 4-4.5Mil per year. Are we far apart Mr subbanloyalist?
Dude, we are talking about MB taking a stand at 2.5M here.

JustAHabFan is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:13 AM
  #167
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab View Post
He aint greedy opportunist? LOL. Oh my, new breed of modern hockey player.
So he's an opportunist because he's negotiating a contract now that he doesn't have a valid one?

Great logic there.

Just fantastic, impenetrable logic.

I suppose he's greedy because he hasn't signed yet too, right? Even if Dreger, Lavoie and MacKenzie are reporting a low ball offer. Greed on Subban's part, right?

Dr Gonzo is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:14 AM
  #168
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 16,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
Wow. You really don't understand how negotiation works do you?
I fully understand how negotiations work. That's why I was expecting a resolution to the lockout in january just in time to save a 48 game season. I knew it would go to the wire, and was 100% certain the season wouldn't be cancelled.

I think it's you who doesn't understand the situation here.

E = CH² is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:15 AM
  #169
FinnHab
Registered User
 
FinnHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: overseas...
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
So he's an opportunist because he's negotiating a contract now that he doesn't have a valid one?

Great logic there.

Just fantastic, impenetrable logic.

I suppose he's greedy because he hasn't signed yet too, right? Even if Dreger, Lavoie and MacKenzie are reporting a low ball offer. Greed on Subban's part, right?
No my sir. We are talking numbers, tell me what u think is reasonable salary for Subban?

FinnHab is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:16 AM
  #170
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,308
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab View Post
No my sir. We are talking numbers, tell me what u think is reasonable salary for Subban?
More than the current reported offer of ~2.5M/year.

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:17 AM
  #171
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab View Post
No my sir. We are talking numbers, tell me what u think is reasonable salary for Subban?
This is talking numbers? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab View Post
******* off that greedy Mr Center of the Universe. Trade him and move on, he aint Bobby Orr.
Get real. You were just taking a baseless shot at Subban and you know it.

If you want to talk seriously, I think he's worth more than $2.5M that's apparently being offered.

Not quite a $5M d-man yet, but I think once his bridge contract is over he'll probably be worth more than that, so the bridge contract is actually counter-productive long term when it comes to saving cap space.

Unless he regresses, in which case the bridge contract may be a good call, but I sincerely doubt that happens. So far, bridge contracts have usually ended up costing us more (Gorges, Plekanec, Price).

Dr Gonzo is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:18 AM
  #172
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab View Post
No my sir. We are talking numbers, tell me what u think is reasonable salary for Subban?
What is wrong with a six year deal?

3 million
3.9
4.5
4.5
5.5
5.5

Tell me why you dont offer that deal now..

Habaneros is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:18 AM
  #173
FinnHab
Registered User
 
FinnHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: overseas...
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
More than the current reported offer of ~2.5M/year.
4-4.5Mil per year is my numbers. Enough for our super star?

FinnHab is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:18 AM
  #174
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 3,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Most recent example is Doughty. He held out and alienated his team. When he came back the team lost all cohesion and ended up winning the Stanley Cup. God forbid we go down that road.
Oh that Drew Doughty.

It's actually pretty funny to read past articles on his contract signing. Meehan is his agent as well and they wanted less years while the Kings wanted more years. You know, because they actually recognized his talent.

No Team Needed is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:19 AM
  #175
Erik Estrada
One Country United!
 
Erik Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Land of the Habs
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,711
vCash: 500
To see if Del Zotto is a valid comparable to Subban... How much would Del Zotto fetch as UFA? How much would Subban get as UFA?

Erik Estrada is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.