HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Col-Buf (O'Reilly)

Old
01-26-2013, 02:38 AM
drinking bleach irl
POST MORE RECKLESS

vCash: 300
Col-Buf (O'Reilly)

O'Reilly
Barrie

Myers
Adam

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:39 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
I can't see Buffalo liking this...

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:07 AM
dahrougem2

vCash: 500
I'm an Avs fan and I think that the Sabres would be retarded to do this. Its not too often you find a 6'7 Defenseman who can skate the way Myers can. I think a deal that may be more fair is to swap Barrie for Duncan Siemens, and even then I think the Avs have to add

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:10 AM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
as an Avs fan I'd do that without hesitation, but I can't see a reason why Buffalo would

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:31 AM
clumping platelets

O'Reilly for Sekera and Ennis

clumping platelets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:38 AM
Oshie97

Myers is worth more than that, no way Buff does it.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:54 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
I'm an Avs fan and I think that the Sabres would be retarded to do this. Its not too often you find a 6'7 Defenseman who can skate the way Myers can. I think a deal that may be more fair is to swap Barrie for Duncan Siemens, and even then I think the Avs have to add
Or one who's as soft as Myers. Trading Radar before having Stastny signed longterm makes no sense whatsoever.

PS

Given his maddeningly inconsistent play I don't see how Myers is more valuable than Radar (a pretty good 21 year old playmaking center who led the league in takeaways and is a briliant defensive forward in the mold of Patrice Bergeron) in any aspect of the game of hockey.

Last edited by Ivan13: 01-26-2013 at 04:01 AM.
Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:16 AM
ClearedButNotOut
Fixity

vCash: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Or one who's as soft as Myers. Trading Radar before having Stastny signed longterm makes no sense whatsoever.

PS

Given his maddeningly inconsistent play I don't see how Myers is more valuable than Radar (a pretty good 21 year old playmaking center who led the league in takeaways and is a briliant defensive forward in the mold of Patrice Bergeron) in any aspect of the game of hockey.
Well you sniffed us out here...

ClearedButNotOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:25 AM
jfisher6
#thestructure

I'd probably do it. This ROR circus is bothersome. That said, I don't think Buffalo is going to trade Myers basically ever. Plus Myers looks like a nerd! Nerds can't play hockey!

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:24 AM
MayDayMayDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by clumping platelets View Post
O'Reilly for Sekera and Ennis
I might do one or the other for O'Reilly straight up, but not both.

MayDayMayDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:49 AM
Ceremony
Ten Tons

vCash: 499
An Avs fan saying I'd take this and run and probably add something else because I felt sorry for Buffalo.

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:57 AM
Goulet17

I don't believe Colorado or Buffalo are good partners for any trade involving ROR. The pieces that Colorado might be interested in probably wouldn't be traded by Buffalo and I doubt Colorado would be interested in other pieces (I.e., Ennis and/or Sekera). Ennis and Sekera are nice players, but that would be a hard sell to the fans of Colorado if it involved ROR.

Goulet17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:28 AM
McTank

What do the avs need?
Ennis+Gerbe+Leopold/Regher+prospect/pick

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjeurekasky View Post
I might do one or the other for O'Reilly straight up, but not both.
Hahaha, this is a joke right? Please be a joke.

Came in expecting to see Hodgson+ for Orielly, in which case I would have responded terrible.

But this is a pleasant surprise. Fan of another team actually bringing the Avs needs into consideration and making a good proposal. I would do this as an Avs fan. Myers and Oreilly are pretty close on value, Barrie and Adam are pretty close.

Could be an argument that Myers has more value then Oreilly, so if it get's it done I would add a 2nd from the Avs.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:41 AM
McTank

Myers for landeskog... Hahah I know avs fans value him as a god though so no way this would do it

Old
01-26-2013, 10:41 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
What do the avs need?
Ennis+Gerbe+Leopold/Regher+prospect/pick
A partner for EJ, be that a young guy who's in the NHL developing into a first pairing LHD, or someone already established like Enstrom or Yandle.

Other than that nothing really, a stud winger would be interesting because despite our winger depth we don't have anyone who's already established as a 30+ goal guy, but that would be more of a luxury move than a necessary one like finding EJ a partner.

Quote:
Myers for landeskog... Hahah I know avs fans value him as a god though so no way this would do it
It's not just the fans that have placed a lot of value in Skog, it's the actual Avs, who chose him to be our captain.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:42 AM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Well if the shoe fits

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:43 AM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Wouldn't get you Myers for that package.

CanadienShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:49 AM
McTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
A partner for EJ, be that a young guy who's in the NHL developing into a first pairing LHD, or someone already established like Enstrom or Yandle.

Other than that nothing really, a stud winger would be interesting because despite our winger depth we don't have anyone who's already established as a 30+ goal guy, but that would be more of a luxury move than a necessary one like finding EJ a partner.

It's not just the fans that have placed a lot of value in Skog, it's the actual Avs, who chose him to be our captain.
Wasn't trying to say he's overrated or anything, would love to have him on Buffalo, but I wouldnt trade myers for O'Reilly, I would for landeskog

Old
01-26-2013, 11:00 AM
cgf

Quote:
Wasn't trying to say he's overrated or anything, would love to have him on Buffalo, but I wouldnt trade myers for O'Reilly, I would for landeskog
N I get that. Buffalo is one of my second teams, as I went to college there for two years and love that town, and I don't think there's a trade for O'Reilly that's worth it for both teams as Vanek and Myers are really the only two guys the Sabres have that would be more valuable to the Avs than a re-signed O'Reilly, and I think in both cases Buffalo is better holding onto their guys and waiting for their young Centers to develop. Just was pointing out that Landeskog isn't only untradeable to us fans, but that the team views him that way to.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:04 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

What would Ducks have to to Sbisa to get RoR?

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:21 PM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Wouldn't get you Myers for that package.
Unfortunately, that's true, because Regier loves his own. But I'd do this deal in a heartbeat. We have a mishmash of centers, all of whom are better-suited to play in the offensive end. We have nobody close to NHL-ready to match up with the Girouxs, Crosbys, Malkins, and Staals of the world.

Myers looks like a 3rd pairing defenseman half the time. Let's just say I'm not enthusiastic about paying the guy $5.5m for the next seven seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
An Avs fan saying I'd take this and run and probably add something else because I felt sorry for Buffalo.
Feel free to add, because I'd take the OP in a second.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 12:42 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
What would Ducks have to to Sbisa to get RoR?
A lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Unfortunately, that's true, because Regier loves his own. But I'd do this deal in a heartbeat. We have a mishmash of centers, all of whom are better-suited to play in the offensive end. We have nobody close to NHL-ready to match up with the Girouxs, Crosbys, Malkins, and Staals of the world.

Myers looks like a 3rd pairing defenseman half the time. Let's just say I'm not enthusiastic about paying the guy $5.5m for the next seven seasons.

Feel free to add, because I'd take the OP in a second.
Most of the people saying Sabres are getting robbed are basing their opinions solely on player reputation, rather than their true value at this point in time. As I've said before, I'm not interested in moving a guy like Radar for Myers straight up given how inconsistent he's been and given his borderline absurd contract (Avs are paying a guy who's a better defensman almost 2mil less than Myers is paid). And I see Barrie as the more valuable piece than Adam.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:14 PM
tsujimoto74

Nope. We have a ton of young centers. I have no problem waiting for them to see how they pan out, especially considering that there are no d-men in our prospect pool even close to looking like future no 1 D. Not to mention the value -- not a fan of it. ROR is a very good player but if I'm trading a franchise potential D, I want a franchise potential player coming back the other way, which ROR is not.

I don't understand all the hate Myers has been getting lately from BUF fans. Kid is very young and toolsy. We've seen what he can do when he's on, and that is dominate games. Defensemen often take a while to ripen and hit their prime. Chara wasn't anything too special until he was 25 or so. Have some patience.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:38 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post

I don't understand all the hate Myers has been getting lately from BUF fans. Kid is very young and toolsy. We've seen what he can do when he's on, and that is dominate games. Defensemen often take a while to ripen and hit their prime. Chara wasn't anything too special until he was 25 or so. Have some patience.

He is in his 4th season. First year he got ROY honors. Second season he seemed to have a poor start aka a sophomore slump. then last year he missed about 1/3 of the season due to injuries.

The fans want him to take that next step up so they are much more critical on him....especially given his new contract that kicked in this year paying him alot more than the entry level contract.

If he was on his entry level contract still there probably wouldnt be as much flack....but because of the price tag he has now the fans expect more so any mistake he may make is now magnified.

The measuring stick used is Chara who played his career with division rivals of Ottawa and Boston. The want Myers to be like Chara given his height similarities.

Djp is online now   Reply With Quote