HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - MK VIII - 'Week-end of Angst' Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 10:41 AM
Madevilz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Confirmed by Dregger and Renauld Lavoie. 2.2M for the first year and 2.9M for the second.
I was hating on PK, but if those numbers are right, the Habs are lowballing. PK deserves at least 3.5-4m/per

Old
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Shero ****ed up giving Crosby and Malkin deals coming off their ELC. THEY HAD TO PROVE THEMSELVES
I can understand giving Cam Fowler $4M per season before his ELC is even expired but PK Subban? Come on now.

Old
E = CH²

In these past few threads, I have seen a lot of people claiming to be smarter, more knowledgeable and who think they are the only sane people in the world. These people claim that there is nothing wrong with a bridge contract. That it's crazy to say Bergevin is dumb for wanting a bridge deal. But NONE of them have ever explained why a bridge contract is good in this particular case.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:42 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab View Post
No reasons? Thats funny. PK fan boys are something else. No critic is allowed because he is...
Are you for real,a habs fan?

Pk Subban is just 23,when do most nhl dman really peak....the kid is a star now and on the way to supertstar.....
Near 80 pts some points in first 160 games , damn respectable. He was a beast before he packed on extra 20 lbs this offseason....he is goin to be a force...i see him exploding into 60- 75pts dman.

Subban will win Norris before career,is done...book that

Old
01-26-2013, 10:43 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
In these past few threads, I have seen a lot of people claiming to be smarter, more knowledgeable and who think they are the only sane people in the world. These people claim that there is nothing wrong with a bridge contract. That it's crazy to say Bergevin is dumb for wanting a bridge deal. But NONE of them have ever explained why a bridge contract is good in this particular case.
Well, it's less risky in the sense that if PK regresses, it'll be good.

That being said, it's actually more of a risk since PK will probably not regress, and will most likely progress or maintain his status quo, thus costing us a LOT more in 2 years.

So yeah, I'm waiting for the explanation as well. The only thing I can think of, is that Bergevin isn't sold on Subban.

Old
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
So he can be here longer by signing an 8 year deal after his bridge contract

New management also wants to see what he is all about probably

Old
FeelsLike93

Lets not forget the HUGE strides Subban made to get to this point. I remember reading on this board years ago being excited over Pk Subban and his offensive potential but we all questioned his defensive commitment or skillset. Some questioned whether he would have to be converted to a FWD because of his defensive issues. Look at him now. Not saying he's the best player defensively but you can just imagine how hard he's worked on his game and his ability to improve every day on and off the ice.

But after all this Habs management "isn't sure" and "isn't sold" on Pk Subbans talent/future or potential it seems? Come on.

I'm a Habs fan first so I'm OK if they trade Pk but my only and biggest fear is not getting equal value for him which is imo 99% certain that we won't.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:44 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Are you for real,a habs fan?

Pk Subban is just 23,when do most nhl dman really peak....the kids is a star now and on the way to supertstar.....
Near 80 pts some points in first 160 games , damn respectable. He was a beast before he packed on extra 20this offsrsson....he is goin to be a force...i see him exploding into 65 75pts dman.

Subaan will win norris before career,is done...book that
This is beside the point, man.

He wasn't "criticizing", he was throwing ****. Baseless insults at Subban's worth as a human being.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:44 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
http://capgeek.com/comparables/?season=2012&player=1248

Find someone on that list you'd take over Subban, and then realize they all make 1.5 million more a year than what Subban is being offered.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:45 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs8517 View Post
There is no doubt about it. Hockey is the last major sport that is predominantly dominated by white people. All the other sports have superstar from different culture. That is why there is so much racism and disdain toward players from Europe and people from minority.

Those people are not in tune with the 20th century and it is sad that those dinosaurs are all in position of power in the NHL.
This crap again. You have it all figured out don't you.

Old
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
2.5 is low ball. 6 million is asking too much. It's a contract negotiation. They'll meet in the middle somewhere.
Logically yes, however apparently Bergevin hasn't moved on his offer since May. Not exactly encouraging.

Old
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy piton View Post
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Little or no progress made in PK Subban contract negotiations. Habs firm on 2 year deal, roughly $5 mil total. Offer sheet? Trade? Options.

this offer is joke. no way subban accepts this. and rightfully so.
That is R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S.

The Players Association may want to create a mechanism in the next CBA to prevent abuse like this. When a player is one year away from accessing his arbitration rights, a team should not be allowed to insist on a two-year contract or bust, effectively locking the player out.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:46 AM
MXD

Quote:
There is no doubt about it. Hockey is the last major sport that is predominantly dominated by white people. All the other sports have superstar from different culture. That is why there is so much racism and disdain toward players from Europe and people from minority.

Those people are not in tune with the 20th century and it is sad that those dinosaurs are all in position of power in the NHL.
Well, considering that the 20th century saw terrible events of racism, your comment is quite funny.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:47 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
And suddenly the entire fan base has turned on Bergevin.

Great work, ya goof.

Old
MTL-rules

You guys might not like it, but MB is doing what every GM should have been doing with young players... being firm on small contracts instead of going crazy with huge deals inflating the overall market for UFA AND RFA.

5mil of 2 years is nothing for the habs and somehow no offer sheets ? I think GMs understand what MB is doing for the greater good...

Do I feel it's reasonnable ? Do I agree ? Not really... but again stop whinning about what's happening, please !

Old
FinnHab

Quote:

MB is racist because he dont give what Subban wants? Ridicolous.

Old
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
I wouldn't go more than 3 to 3.5 max on the 2 year deal.
It's a lowball offer and if that's what we're trying to push on him, he has a right to be upset. That's the kind of offer that winds up resulting in a trade. It's way below what he's worth and there's no way he should sign for that.

Man I really hope these reports aren't true because these numbers are really stupid.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:48 AM
SonOfGom

Quote:
IF Bergevin is offer only 2.5Mil per year he is fool. Is this confirmed?
What happened? Pieces of **** do not get more than that.

Old
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
You guys might not like it, but MB is doing what every GM should have been doing with young players... being firm on small contracts instead of going crazy with huge deals inflating the overall market for UFA AND RFA.

5mil of 2 years is nothing for the habs and somehow no offer sheets ? I think GMs understand what MB is doing for the greater good...

Do I feel it's reasonnable ? Do I agree ? Not really... but again stop whinning about what's happening, please !
All GMs shouldn't lock up their young elite talent?

Okay.

Old
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Well, considering that the 20th century saw terrible events of racism, your comment is quite funny.
Especially since we are in the 21st

Old
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
You guys might not like it, but MB is doing what every GM should have been doing with young players... being firm on small contracts insteaed of going crazy with huge deals inflating the overall market for UFA AND RFA.
!
Except for all those other great young players that got paid their worth after the ELC. LOTS of teams lock up their young talent long term coming out of an ELC.

The idea that a RFA should take less than he's worth is gone out the window I'm afraid. Especially considering Subban's role on the team and the statistical proof that backs up his excellent play.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:49 AM
TheCanasianfrasian

Send a message via MSN to TheCanasianfrasian
Quote:
IF Bergevin is offer only 2.5Mil per year he is fool. Is this confirmed?
G Carbonneau and Renlavoie are the only two people who have advanced numbers.

Meehand said in reply to Carbo "I don't know how Carbo would have come into this privildged info"

MB has also said he will not negociate in the media.

I'm sure we have no idea what the numbers are. I wouldnt be surprised that MB is offering 4.5-5M on a 2 year term and that Subban wants up to 6-6.5M per.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:49 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
All GMs shouldn't lock up their young elite talent?

Okay.
Gotta keep these kids in place. Gotta make them show respect to the game of hockey. Gotta... gotta... gotta make up for all of the bad contracts every other GM has given for the past 20 years to veterans on free agency because the owners keep locking the players out every time they do it!

Old
01-26-2013, 10:51 AM
HTTP 400 Bad Request

vCash: 13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
I was hating on PK, but if those numbers are right, the Habs are lowballing. PK deserves at least 3.5-4m/per
Exactly what I think.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:51 AM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
So he can be here longer by signing an 8 year deal after his bridge contract
If you sign him to an 8 year deal now, you are getting ALL of Subban's best years all the way to age 31. And by that time, Subban will have played all his pro career here, he would likely want to resign if we wanted him longer.

Quote:
New management also wants to see what he is all about probably
Yeah that one never made sense to me. Didn't they watch hockey games last season, can't they go back and watch the tapes ? Why do they need to observe him from up close ?

If you're speaking of attitude in the locker room.. that's still not a good reason. For one, PK will mature over time if his attitude is not right. Secondly, you can't have everyone be exactly the same in a locker room. They're supposed to be professionals and get over differences in order to achieve the common goal of winning. Thirdly, if it really is a problem you work on it, or if you can't then you deal the player. He won't lose his value because someone somewhere will think they can make him work in their system.

Closed Thread