HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - MK VIII - 'Week-end of Angst' Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 11:51 AM
CP31

vCash: 500
For the first time I am getting the feeling that PK won't be a hab for long. Anyone care to make me believe otherwise? Please?

Old
01-26-2013, 11:52 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanasianfrasian View Post
G Carbonneau and Renlavoie are the only two people who have advanced numbers.

Meehand said in reply to Carbo "I don't know how Carbo would have come into this privildged info"

MB has also said he will not negociate in the media.

I'm sure we have no idea what the numbers are. I wouldnt be surprised that MB is offering 4.5-5M on a 2 year term and that Subban wants up to 6-6.5M per.

Lavoie has a respected name and I doubt is about to throw **** to a wall and hope it sticks. If he's saying that's the offer he was given the information by someone he trusts. This isn't some Eklund or *************** nerd, odds are it's pretty accurate.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:52 AM
No Team Needed

This is coming from a Bruins fan:

Quote:
Lol Montreal is retarded. Brad Marchand has a four year deal averaging 4.5 million and that's a pretty solid deal. PK Subban is worth AT LEAST that much if not .5-1 million more per year.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:53 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
You guys might not like it, but MB is doing what every GM should have been doing with young players... being firm on small contracts instead of going crazy with huge deals inflating the overall market for UFA AND RFA.

5mil of 2 years is nothing for the habs and somehow no offer sheets ? I think GMs understand what MB is doing for the greater good...

Do I feel it's reasonnable ? Do I agree ? Not really... but again stop whinning about what's happening, please !
That is great if EVERYONE does it. But you can't be the one to set the trend. Next thing you know is that these RFAs will be offer sheeted because they are worth more than other players.

Old
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
All GMs shouldn't lock up their young elite talent?

Okay.
No need to do it so soon... they aren't UFAs yet. Somehow, I never thought you'd be a Charles Wang fan.

He's the one who started this trend... there was no need before, but then all players wanted these kind a deals and were holding out for them.

I wonder, from all the posters here that want PK to get a long term, multi-millions deal... how many were on the owners's side during the lock-out ?? 'cause if so, you guys are clueless...

Old
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
This is coming from a Bruins fan:
Ugh, like I said earlier, when opposing fans (esp Bruins fans) realize his worth, and some of our own fans don't...I just....feel like this:

Old
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
No contract = no money pick your poison. Especially when PK says he doesn't want to play anywhere other than in MTL that gives more leverage to MB.
He can make that money up by asking for a trade to a team that will pay him what he's worth. Whatever he's missing out on now will more than be made up for with the reasonable contract he'll get anywhere else.

If I were any of the 29 other teams in the league I'd be all over this right now. If we're not willing to pay our own developed player a reasonable wage... then maybe we really don't have any idea of what a player's value is and maybe I can rip off MB for Subban.

I was really hoping to have heard some GOOD news by now but it seems more and more likely now that this story is not going to have a happy ending. And if PK leaves, this organization is really going to be set back signficantly for the future. And PK shouldn't be the only one who's pissed if he leaves. If I were Carey Price I'd be extremely angry to watch this happen.

We're supposed to be building towards something man. We've finally got a few players with exceptional talent and we're screwing around with this.

Old
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
If you sign him to an 8 year deal now, you are getting ALL of Subban's best years all the way to age 31. And by that time, Subban will have played all his pro career here, he would likely want to resign if we wanted him longer.

Yeah that one never made sense to me. Didn't they watch hockey games last season, can't they go back and watch the tapes ? Why do they need to observe him from up close ?

If you're speaking of attitude in the locker room.. that's still not a good reason. For one, PK will mature over time if his attitude is not right. Secondly, you can't have everyone be exactly the same in a locker room. They're supposed to be professionals and get over differences in order to achieve the common goal of winning. Thirdly, if it really is a problem you work on it, or if you can't then you deal the player. He won't lose his value because someone somewhere will think they can make him work in their system.
Also it's good to take into account that MB came from Chicago management where they re-signed Kane to a long term deal after he punched a cabbie in the face over 14 cents and gets drunk 3/4 of the nights in the week.

If attitude was a problem it sure wasn't before.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:54 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
You guys might not like it, but MB is doing what every GM should have been doing with young players... being firm on small contracts instead of going crazy with huge deals inflating the overall market for UFA AND RFA.

5mil of 2 years is nothing for the habs and somehow no offer sheets ? I think GMs understand what MB is doing for the greater good...

Do I feel it's reasonnable ? Do I agree ? Not really... but again stop whinning about what's happening, please !
No offer sheets cause subban has no intrest in signing one....he wants to be a habs,but not at any lowball offer cost...with all this lowball crap,thus could change soon,he might say ok,i tired I was fair,and sign one...then in come offers

Old
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
If PK gives in to Bergevin's deal.. you know what happens when it comes time for the long term deal?

"You won last time. I'm not giving in this time." So we'll end up trading him then or biting the bullet on the long term deal.

Old
HTTP 400

vCash: 3601
If those numbers are true, I guess Bergevin as a rookie GM, wants to send a message to all agents and players. But it's a risky game.

I'd like to know where they come from. It might be just a negotiation strategy to put more pressure on the Habs management. Who knows...

Old
01-26-2013, 11:55 AM
Phil Parent
Djee-zosse!

I wouldn't trade him. I'd let him rot till he signs. It's not like we're doing that bad right now, and we didn't do too good with him last season anyway, nor are we expected to end up winning anything this year. 2.5M per MAYBE isn't his value, but he'll have plenty of chance to cash in afterwards, and it certainly is more money than most of his fans will ever see.

At the end of the day, I don't care who plays for the team. I want my favorite team to win, and the last two games were great convincing wins of which he wasn't a part of and wasn't missed. If he's not willing to sacrifice a little for the better of the team which will be able to fit more under the cap, then he can rot.

Not taking anything away from his talent, but just like the PA during the lockout, I'll tell him to just take the ****ing money.

Old
SAKS AVENUE

Crazy times......

I like P.K at the end of the day, but his comments to Mr.Stubbs don't sit well with me. A lot of me, me, me and I, I, I in his demands. When the truth is, Yes he's done well but both his full seasons were split in half of great play and poor play, seems he is only focusing on his great play in negotiations. That's not fair to Bergy.

I now am remembering all his fights in practice with teammates on more then 1 occasion. The team does seem happy at the moment.

I can't help but feel a trade with a 1st round pick and quality forward in return would serve the Habs better thin keeping this future trouble maker around.

I hate to call him a trouble maker but he's to big for his britches. It's always something and I 'll bet he is probably super annoying to be around on a daily basis. that 24/7 show will prove that.

Old
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
No need to do it so soon... they aren't UFAs yet. Somehow, I never thought you'd be a Charles Wang fan.

He's the one who started this trend... there was no need before, but then all players wanted these kind a deals and were holding out for them.

I wonder, from all the posters here that want PK to get a long term, multi-millions deal... how many were on the owners's side during the lock-out ?? 'cause if so, you guys are clueless...
We can't offer PK 15 years. Even if we did.. I'd take PK on that contract.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWalkThroughWalls View Post
If those numbers are true, I guess Bergevin as a rookie GM, wants to send a message to all agents and players. But it's a risky game.
Which message is this he wants to send? That he's a moron and is just collecting a paycheque?

Old
01-26-2013, 11:57 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Which message is this he wants to send? That he's a moron and is just collecting a paycheque?
Bergevin to 29 other GMs: "All my RFAs are belong to you."

Old
No Team Needed

Quote:
If PK gives in to Bergevin's deal.. you know what happens when it comes time for the long term deal?

"You won last time. I'm not giving in this time." So we'll end up trading him then or biting the bullet on the long term deal.
I actually see the opposite happening. Probably after the 2014 season, Bergevin will sign Galchenyuk to a long term deal making him either the highest paid Hab or equivalent to Price and Subban will look like a complete idiot. In comes Subban having to sign his last RFA contract. What do you think he's going to do? Be loyal?

Old
Erik Estrada

If the numbers are true...

...what are the odds, Meehan is recommending to Subban to sign it? I believe Meehan is telling Subban right now either a) you're nuts to sign, b) if you sign, you're insane, or c) you either sit out or we call the hospital...

Old
01-26-2013, 11:58 AM
MTL-rules

You guys are whinning over ****ing rumors !!! Come on, let's get real here... who the **** knows what is really going on except the habs brass and the PK clan ???

Stop taking sides, stop overreacting on everything and let them do their respective jobs... after that, let's criticize on known facts!

Old
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
I wouldn't trade him. I'd let him rot till he signs. It's not like we're doing that bad right now, and we didn't do too good with him last season anyway, nor are we expected to end up winning anything this year. 2.5M per MAYBE isn't his value, but he'll have plenty of chance to cash in afterwards, and it certainly is more money than most of his fans will ever see.

At the end of the day, I don't care who plays for the team. I want my favorite team to win, and the last two games were great convincing wins of which he wasn't a part of and wasn't missed. If he's not willing to sacrifice a little for the better of the team which will be able to fit more under the cap, then he can rot.

Not taking anything away from his talent, but just like the PA during the lockout, I'll tell him to just take the ****ing money.
He wont sit and rot,his agent will demand a trade...Kyle Turris

Old
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post
Crazy times......

I like P.K at the end of the day, but his comments to Mr.Stubbs don't sit well with me. A lot of me, me, me and I, I, I in his demands. When the truth is, Yes he's done well but both his full seasons were split in half of great play and poor play, seems he is only focusing on his great play in negotiations. That's not fair to Bergy.

I now am remembering all his fights in practice with teammates on more then 1 occasion. The team does seem happy at the moment.

I can't help but feel a trade with a 1st round pick and quality forward in return would serve the Habs better thin keeping this future trouble maker around.

I hate to call him a trouble maker but he's to big for his britches. It's always something and I 'll bet he is probably super annoying to be around on a daily basis. that 24/7 show will prove that.
Isn't that show going to be from this season only though? Wouldn't he not be on it?

Old
01-26-2013, 11:59 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
I was hating on PK, but if those numbers are right, the Habs are lowballing. PK deserves at least 3.5-4m/per
I agree. That's a low offer.

2 years 7 mill is fair.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:00 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
About Bridge contracts.

First of all they were put in place for our franchise by Gauthier and Gainey. Nothing against those two, but I don't get why Bergevin is sticking to the concept.

I would say it cost us more in the case of a few players (Gorges, Plek, Price) and only worked out for Pacioretty.

Seems to me like it's a sketchy philosophy at best, that a lot of teams around the league do not believe in at all.
My initial thought was that a bridge made sense. My thoughts were rooted in the belief that Meehan was going for Doughty money but that doesn't seem to be the case.

But it now seems as though PK would've been willing to do long term at arond 5-5.25. If that's the case then screw the bridge and get him for as long as you can at that amount. In as little as two years he might be a bargain at that price. Even now I can see him being worth 5.25.

I wish I knew what was going on in that negotiating room. Still can't beleive that we can't get this done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
I agree. That's a low offer.

2 years 7 mill is fair.
2 years at 7 mil isn't close. 4.5 MINIMUM. Even that would be a bargain. He's a 5 million dollar player.

Old
Habsawce

Quote:
Bergevin to 29 other GMs: "All my RFAs are belong to you."
Talbot + 1st is looking good to him I bet

Old
Habs8517

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab View Post
MB is racist because he dont give what Subban wants? Ridicolous.
Im saying that it is a factor why the Habs have not signed him. Ever wonder why so many of his teammates hate him ? There is jealousy and racism. He is the first that will defend a teammate but they dont do the same for him. Heck he even took the fall last year for the bad plays by the veterans on this team, getting benched for no good reason and even have to apologize for celebrating.

He was dominant the moment he stepped on the ice in the NHL, the veteran players in the league cant and wont accept that a young player and especially a black one is making them look foolish and will be a superstar. That is why the media are always on his case, stalking and magnifying everything he does, they want to ruin his career.

You know when there is racism when you have been victim.

Closed Thread