HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - MK VIII - 'Week-end of Angst' Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 11:01 AM
WeThreeKings

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Talbot + 1st is looking good to him I bet
He will throw in Eller if they take out the 1st and add Rinaldo.

Old
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Bergevin to 29 other GMs: "All my RFAs are belong to you."
Lol,

I can here Pierre Gautier calling MB.

Pierre GAutier <mark are you crazy man?>

Old
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
You guys are whinning over ****ing rumors !!! Come on, let's get real here... who the **** knows what is really going on except the habs brass and the PK clan ???

Stop taking sides, stop overreacting on everything and let them do their respective jobs... after that, let's criticize on known facts!
Stop, or you will get a heart attack. The specific numbers from Dregger and Renauld Lavoie is not good enough for you. The next thing is a trade request from PK and this will be actual fact.

Old
sheed36

Everyone's' blaming Bergevin for the low ball offer but maybe he's just offering what G Molson is telling him to offer and his hands are tied.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:02 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post

I wish I knew what was going on in that negotiating room. Still can't beleive that we can't get this done.
I think you perfectly summarized all Habs fans feelings (pro-Bergevin and pro-Subban alike) in two simple phrases.

Old
FinnHab

Quote:
You guys are whinning over ****ing rumors !!! Come on, let's get real here... who the **** knows what is really going on except the habs brass and the PK clan ???

Stop taking sides, stop overreacting on everything and let them do their respective jobs... after that, let's criticize on known facts!
That is so true. Habs is so much more than one man soap opera.

Old
Habsawce

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
He will throw in Eller if they take out the 1st and add Rinaldo.
Another funny fact is that the team is still paying coaches they've fired more than they're willing to give to their star 23 year old defenseman!

Old
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Everyone's' blaming Bergevin for the low ball offer but maybe he's just offering what G Molson is telling him to offer and his hands are tied.
I really hope it's our General Manager that's running the show, and not the owner.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:03 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Stop, or you will get a heart attack. The specific numbers from Dregger and Renauld Lavoie is not good enough for you. The next thing is a trade request from PK and this will be actual fact.
Yup. The Trade request is the next step if Bergevin doesn't move to Subban in terms of dollars. Once the trade request comes out.. you can't un-ring that bell.

Old
E = CH²

Quote:

I will retract everything I've said if Bergevin signs Subban to a long term deal.

Old
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
He wont sit and rot,his agent will demand a trade...Kyle Turris
He can demand all he wants but that doesn't mean the Habs have to trade him.

Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
If that's the case he is just a puppet and we hired the wrong guy.

I can see G.Molson being involved if we went after Perry or Getzlaf on a 7 year multi million dollar deal, or traded for Luongo's contract...would be dumb for G.Molson to have any say in signing PK. If anything he'd be on MB to "get it done".

Old
01-26-2013, 11:04 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Why G. Molson wants to interfere with MB's job. We are not talking about Crosby's type of contract here.

Old
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Talbot + 1st is looking good to him I bet
Plus de gars de chez nous!!!!

+11111111!!!!

Old
couris

When in doubt, play the racist card. You win the argument.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:05 AM
Swarez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
I wouldn't trade him. I'd let him rot till he signs. It's not like we're doing that bad right now, and we didn't do too good with him last season anyway, nor are we expected to end up winning anything this year. 2.5M per MAYBE isn't his value, but he'll have plenty of chance to cash in afterwards, and it certainly is more money than most of his fans will ever see.

At the end of the day, I don't care who plays for the team. I want my favorite team to win, and the last two games were great convincing wins of which he wasn't a part of and wasn't missed. If he's not willing to sacrifice a little for the better of the team which will be able to fit more under the cap, then he can rot.

Not taking anything away from his talent, but just like the PA during the lockout, I'll tell him to just take the ****ing money.
So it was a mistake to sign Price and Patches too? They got big deals in off season, and were on same crappy team.

PK doesn't need to rot, he has rights, people forget the FA part of the RFA. He can go get a offer sheet in the $5Million range in under and Habs get a 1st and 2nd pick. Its not truly a hold out as he isn't owed any money right now, habs just have his rights.

Philly/Washington/Detroit or someone else that is expected to be good signs him to offer sheet you get say a #20 and #50 pick overall for PK. Is that really his value? And if Habs would match, just give it to him now.

Old
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Yes,i can invision a board room meeting,and Molson passing out letters,that say,
<lowball Subban,we need money to make condo 2 floors higher>

Old
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs8517 View Post
Im saying that it is a factor why the Habs have not signed him. Ever wonder why so many of his teammates hate him ? There is jealousy and racism. He is the first that will defend a teammate but they dont do the same for him. Heck he even took the fall last year for the bad plays by the veterans on this team, getting benched for no good reason and even have to apologize for celebrating.

He was dominant the moment he stepped on the ice in the NHL, the veteran players in the league cant and wont accept that a young player and especially a black one is making them look foolish and will be a superstar. That is why the media are always on his case, stalking and magnifying everything he does, they want to ruin his career.

You know when there is racism when you have been victim.
Racism plays a part in certain aspects of PK's hockey life, but this isn't one of them. This is just conspiracy theory.

I guess Iginla had a hard time getting a lucrative contract in the NHL because he's black... or it might again be Quebecers that are the most racist nation on earth ? Really, again let's get real here.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:06 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
When in doubt, play the racist card. You win the argument.
While it's ridiculous and obviously not true, I bet it still crossed almost everyone's mind at some point during this fiasco

Old
Roulin

Quote:

Lavoie and Dreger are reputable journalists.

Old
JustAHabFan

Quote:
What do you want to do exactly? Just let him sit. Put one of your best defenseman on the shelf for a long time to prove what?

Old
Swarez

Quote:
I really think a Offer sheet from a good team is more likely than a trade.
Choose your own destiny instead of going somewhere chosen for you, as a RFA he does have the right.

Old
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
All he has to do is seek an offer sheet and sign it. Either Habs match or let him go, in that situation.

29 teams in the league would be willing to give Subban more than what that ridiculous offer is. The only thing stopping it is Subban himself right now... If he keeps getting dicked around (and he is getting dicked around), all bets are off.

Thinking otherwise.. Is no offense, stupid.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:07 AM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarez99 View Post
So it was a mistake to sign Price and Patches too? They got big deals in off season, and were on same crappy team.

PK doesn't need to rot, he has rights, people forget the FA part of the RFA. He can go get a offer sheet in the $5Million range in under and Habs get a 1st and 2nd pick. Its not truly a hold out as he isn't owed any money right now, habs just have his rights.

Philly/Washington/Detroit or someone else that is expected to be good signs him to offer sheet you get say a #20 and #50 pick overall for PK. Is that really his value? And if Habs would match, just give it to him now.
Offersheet in the 5M range would be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:07 AM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs8517 View Post
Im saying that it is a factor why the Habs have not signed him. Ever wonder why so many of his teammates hate him ? There is jealousy and racism. He is the first that will defend a teammate but they dont do the same for him. Heck he even took the fall last year for the bad plays by the veterans on this team, getting benched for no good reason and even have to apologize for celebrating.

He was dominant the moment he stepped on the ice in the NHL, the veteran players in the league cant and wont accept that a young player and especially a black one is making them look foolish and will be a superstar. That is why the media are always on his case, stalking and magnifying everything he does, they want to ruin his career.

You know when there is racism when you have been victim.
I must admit that it's really what it feels like to me also. Not Bergevin being racist but Subban's "attitude" problems. Everything he does is magnified like crazy. We hear he is annoying to be around but never any specifics on anything wrong that he does. In the mean time he is polite in the medias, and always says the right things and never really given me reason to believe he is a headcase. Maybe his demeanor changes a lot once in the privacy of the locker room away from cameras but I somehow find that to be unlikely.

He's a black young man who is exuberant and has gotten a lot of love from fans and sponsors. And it has to rub some players the wrong way. Him being black certainly helps magnifies some of the negative reactions I'm sure.

Closed Thread